Speeding tickets thread?

>be licensed in pennsylvania
>driving down through virginia on roadtrip
>cruising 10 over on an empty highway marked 55 mph, because that's what everyone does in pennsylvania
>(in PA they legally cannot ticket you until you go at least 6 mph over, so most cops will only ticket for more than 10 over)
>suddenly, cherries and berries.jpeg
>get ticketed for going 68/55 by virginia state trooper
>fml
>get home
>it turns out pennsyvlvania does not record or assign points for speeding tickets out of state, unless it's a felony offense

feels good knowing insurance won't find out. But I still have to pay a 150$ ticket to virginia. Fuck virginia.

Other urls found in this thread:

dot.state.pa.us/public/dvspubsforms/BDL/BDL Fact Sheets/fs-dlc.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>breaking the law

>finish class at 9 pm
>hungry as fuck and eager to get home
>drive down la crescenta
>road has a long wide stretch almost like a mini highway
>limit is 45
>gun it like I always do but this time I pushed it real far going 80 mph because no other cars
>get around the bend and almost to the main road (foothill)
>disco lights
>cop comes to the window and looks at me like I just killed somebody in front of him
>two more cop cars park behind his, all these cops standing around my car
>you were going 80 in a 45 back there, I flipped a 180 just to catch you, is there an emergency or something?
>no
>are you on drugs or maybe you drank something?
>no officer I don't do that kind of stuff
>well why the hell were you going so fast?
>Just really eager to get home, I just got out of class and I'm super hungry and wasn't really paying attention to my speed, that was really stupid of me officer I'm sorry
>he writes me up as going 70 in a 45 so I can just take the cheesy online traffic school to clear my record because I was so polite and straightforward with him
Every other time I've been pulled over I've been let off with warnings. Hell one time the chp just flashed his headlights at me when I was going 105 on the highway to warn me to slow down. I guess cops where I live aren't so harsh and really appreciate politeness and honesty.

>riding the bus

Serves you right but I'm honestly surprised a Pennsylvanian got a speeding ticket in VA, usually you fags drive slow as fuck

This. Cops around me will let you get away with a lot of stuff if you're kinda and polite and helpful.

We drive slow as fuck there because Virginia Cops love to ticket our asses. My mother has one ticket in her life and it was while we were driving down to North Carolina from PA and she was doing 8 over the limit (63 in a 55) in Virginia. We own a nice blue Honda Odyssey and we are white and there were two children in car seats in the back (one was me). That's a fucking pig right there.

Gotta assert Commonwealth dominance on inferior "Commonwealth's"

>Serves you right but I'm honestly surprised a Pennsylvanian got a speeding ticket in VA, usually you fags drive slow as fuck

>We drive slow as fuck there because Virginia Cops love to ticket our asses.
this desu, on the way back i made sure to drive slow as fuck, actually had a VA state trooper follow me at the speed limit (55mph) for 10 minutes before he finally decided to do a U-turn to catch other people on the highway

Where you on 81 or 95?

I was on Hwy 58 (off of I81 near Galax VA) when I got ticketed

On the way back via Hwy 58 to Norfolk was when I saw a bunch of staties cruising and doing U-turns just to catch people speeding.

I took a 1300 mile road trip all the way to south carolina, and of the 5 or 6 people I saw pulled over by cops the entire trip, I think 4 or 5 of them were in Virginia.

Fuck virginia

>(((Commonwealth of Virginia)))

>Galax
That's where you fucked up, you should have kept to the interstates, cops only hunt truckers there but on the byways they will scope out any out of state driver and try to nail them, especially in the rural counties
Lel, I love that pic, it's just missing some barbed wire over the top of the Welcome to Virginia sign

How to not get a ticket in Virginia
>stay out of the left lane
>be white
>stay out of the left lane
>be from Virginia

Drive to work everyday going 70 in a 55 and have never had a ticket.

Never been pulled over on 83; normal speed is about 15 over. I literally never see cops on there, whether MD or PA. Only York City cops in PA

next just say there were no other cars around so i was endangering nobody

>How to not get a ticket in Virginia
>be from Virginia

I think this is the most important, I hear they target out of state vehicles because there's a lower chance of showing up to court

>That's where you fucked up, you should have kept to the interstate
I realize this now, seemed like every 10 miles on the US HWYs there was a statie cruising back and forth

Why are radar detectors still illegal in VA? are they still using KA?

Is this true OP? I'm from PA and go out of state a lot not having to worry about points would be nice

Fucking CV kids
Cops in La Crescenta were always really chill when they found us skating where we shouldn't have been.
Also one let me off with a warning for speeding (10 over)

>born and raised in VA
holy shit my sides kek. My brother got a 105 in a 55 in Shenandoah. I've been lucky my whole life by driving pick ups and newer cars, and not acting like a fool unless I know I can get away with it.

dot.state.pa.us/public/dvspubsforms/BDL/BDL Fact Sheets/fs-dlc.pdf

Pennsylvania truly is God's Country

>in Shenandoah
Page Co? Shiet boy, what road?

Hello sir, Shenandoah County. On 55 between West VA and Strasburg is where he got popped.

Oh shit, by George Washington Forest?

>bus rider

checked and a little more west. I do all my hunting in Warren County and the GWF.

At least you guys get to go at 80 mph, which is about 120 kmh. On this shit island, the "highway" is 90 kmh.

Nice, my parents live off 340S

pennsylvanians drive fast. at least on i83 north toward harrisburg. if you're doing 80 during morning commute, people are literally tailgating you

>At least you guys get to go at 80 mph, which is about 120 kmh. On this shit island, the "highway" is 90 kmh.

if it was any faster you could cross the entire province in 2 hours

>All these fellow PA fags complaining about speed
Let's not forget the fact that when there is a left lane, you can safely bet that 95% of people on the road will attempt to get into it and stay there. Doesn't matter their age, gender, what car they're driving, how slow they feel like driving, or what's distracting them from actually driving. Pennsylvanians will instinctively gravitate to the left lane. Why do we do this?

Left lane is the slow lane

NCfag spotted

It shouldn't be.

I'm pretty sure that VA will report that to your insurance...

Anyway, I've been pulled over nearly 20 times, ticketed 9 or 10 times ($165-280 each). Mostly speeding, one reckless driving for drifting (successfully) through an intersection, and reckless driving once for jumping a boat's wake in a jet-ski.

At one point insurance threatened to drop me if I got another ticket which led me to outrun the cops a couple times - not cool on my part.

I took the drifting reckless driving one to court and got it adjudicated, where I had to pay it but it wouldn't be reported to my insurance.

I haven't been pulled over in four years now which is nice - dat $62/mo full coverage.

central maryland driving is an unpleasant experience and we want it over with asafp.

wow what is the most you ever paid monthly

A bit over $200/month when I was in my early-20s and had an STi.

Fucking hell, in Ontario you can have a clean driving record and pay 300+ a month on a shitbox corolla.

All these virginian poorfags lmao
McLean high class here passing you in my Porsche

>passing you in my Daddy's Porsche
Fix'd, now go fuck your horse pussy

Because the only factors other than a record are
>age
>gender
>number of reported accidents for that model year of vehicle

I knew a guy who insured a 2009 S2000 for half that of a Civic of the same year for the latter reason. I also knew a girl who insured a Sunfire under her own name with a G2 at 16 for about $55 a month. A friend of mine's insurance rate for his caravan was cut in half from $300 after his 25th birthday. I have no idea how a province's insurance regulations can get so out of control

I went down to Baltimore last month, and I forgot how nuts them fuckers are on i83. I'm doing 85 mph and just maintaining speed with most people.

It felt like a fucking NASCAR race going through York, everybody is bumper to bumper going 85 mph, 12 inches from a concrete barrier.

Fucking hurry up cunt

>be me
>be in northern VA
>phone routes me onto express lanes for whatever reason (lanes you pay with ezpass to get on, have less traffic)
>pass camera array with cop sitting next to it
>few moments later see lights flick on and cop pull on the road
>knew I wasn't speeding, saw him from a mile away
>pulls me over
>"do you know why I pulled you over?"
>"no"
>"your ezpass was set to HOV 3+, but you're only 1 person"
>"oh ok sorry"
>let's meet off with a warning

feels ok man

>out one night
>ass is hauled
>over taking at nearly double the speed limit
>get ticket week later
>118/100
>$120 (76US)
>no demerit points because camera
TFW the government spent 2million putting a camera on a low speed bottleneck/corner.
TFW they could have had me at 180

I've been doing that HOV 3+ trick for the past year, never been caught yet since I usually just make sure to only go on 95 while it's around rush hour or dark out.
>fuck paying $20 in tolls to some australian company when you can do it for free

>everybody is bumper to bumper going 85 mph, 12 inches from a concrete barrier.

sounds like los angeles when the traffic isn't at a stand still or parts of the bay area
fucking concrete barriers right on the left lane stripe gets sketchy when there's a full size SUV behind you and a semi truck and trailer to your right

Good few months ago, in my RX7
>Going to visit friend at 1 AM
>Not going very fast
>Suddenly, SUV comes hauling ass up to me, doing 100+
>Gets to within a car lengths away AT MOST
>Flashes high beams
>It being 1 AM and an empty highway, I assume this fucker is crazy
>Start speeding up to try and make some space between us
>He stays right on my ass the whole time, constantly flashing his highs
>Finally start making a gap, and start getting over due to exit coming up
>Look back, he's not switching lanes
>Before I can put on my brakes and start slowing down, disco lights
>Get ticket for 113 in a 65

Maybe about a moth or 2 after the first one, in a G6
>Heading to work one day
>Just going with the flow of traffic
>Suddenly, disco lights behind me
>80 in a 65
>When I was following with the flow of traffic

In my RX7 again, after working on the transmission and such for a month straight, happened a few days ago.
>Coming home from work
>Almost home, just one bridge, a straight away, and a few blocks from the exit
>Suddenly, throttle gets stuck
>Figure I didn't seat the cable on the throttle body after I was done messing with it trying to fix an idle issue
>Just start kinda kicking the pedal a bit to get it loose
>Gets stuck further and further down
>Finally give it one last good kick and it pops back onto the rail
>Slowing down
>Get onto exit, disco lights
>Cop said I was going 100+
>Explain how I've been working on the car and what I think happened
>He cuts me a break and writes me for 86 in a 65, writes on ticket that the peddle got stuck, and implies that if I contested it, he wouldn't bother with it
>Tells me to drive safe, and to get the car checked out so I don't get it impounded as unsafe to drive

All the other times have been simple warnings.

Yeah man they are really chill, I came from a small town and let me tell you, the cops were real dickheads there and would write you up for anything although there was an okay one who let me go when I drove without a license one time.

Well, didn't want him to think I was being a smartass, has that worked for you before?

>This. Cops around me will let you get away with a lot of stuff if you're kinda and polite and helpful.
Yeah I don't know if it's because they have bigger fish to fry or because they've dealt with so many assholes that they really appreciate someone being cooperative and kind.

>Driving on I-79 in Pennsylvania
>Going down a hill, lose track of my speed
>See flashing lights in my rearview
>Pull over, trooper comes to the window
>"Sorry, man, but you were doing 85 in a 65, so I have to ticket you."
>Never been apologized to by law enforcement for doing their job before
>It gets better
>"Here's a tip: We're never going to pull you over up to 9 mph over the speed limit. Now, where are you headed?"
>Tell him.
>"OK, here's where all the other troopers are set up."
>Take my ticket, thank him, offer him a Pepsi
>"Nah, man, that's OK. And, hey, sorry again for having to pull you over."

I will never forget you, bro trooper.

I only see this near cities (philly, harrisburg) or on the interstate, drive anywhere rural and people tend to respect the "keep right except to pass" rule

did you fight the first ticket? that sounds very similar to entrapment. I'd have been pissed.

Doing 150 in a school zone
Disco lights
Be white, act cool.
Pull out my dad's union get out of jail free card.
"You're dad is a cop?"
"Try to take it easy next time"
Will do officer.
Get off with a verbal warning.

I think it's honestly because people are such assholes to them, especially young white males in sporty cars.

Is that goatse man?

I like it when people pull this with me. Instant ticket

checked, I'm glad that the twinned section of the 103 in NS finally got the limit raised to 110, means you can do 120 without getting ticketed, which is what everyone was doing before anyway

yeah i remember driving in the cold february rain and shitty pickup trucks were still doing 80mph passing tractor trailers and shit

>defending bullshit speed limits

>Fuck virginia.
True. Got 17 points on my license last year. One more point and it's ogre. FUCK virginia

>>Fuck virginia.
>True. Got 17 points on my license last year. One more point and it's ogre. FUCK virginia

What the fuck did you do to get 17 negative points in a year? Good gawd man

I live in PA and take 79/279 a lot. That highway can be a nightmare.

I've been told by cops here: "9 you're fine, 10 you're mine." That's what I usually go by.

>Goes 13mph faster than the speed limit
>Blames everyone else but himself
LMAO

>be driving in PA
>get pulled over in the middle of the night
>officer smells weed on me
>is about to ticket me and take me in, but he sees my rick and morty keyring, and goes "wubaluba dub dub", then lets me go
>shit was cash

Taken too soon

yeah I'd had it on HOV 3+ inadvertently for like 2+ years maybe, and I'd never gotten caught

I actually know a stoner who does nothing but watch Rick and Morty. Jesus, he is annoying.

>on hwy 88
>enjoying the twisties on moto
>going 90 on a 55
>pass a chp trooper on the other side
>hear him start his truck and begin to move
No point in pissing him off.
>pull over to the side, cut the engine off and take off helmet.
>thanks me for not being a dick, says I have a nice bike and gives me a warning.
>tfw blacks can't claim cops don't give us breaks.

Chp has always been mad cool to me because I always get a slap on my wrist for my shenanigans.

Was in the same boat a few months ago

Live in FL, was going through atlanta and was clocked at 82 in 65, paid $150 ticket and that was it, georgia doesn't share their citation information with other states

> bike

That's why. You're more likely to die than hurt others, and as a bonus, you're black.

You're not passing anybody on I-66 my overpriced townhouse living friend.

that's because PA law actually has a legal buffer zone for speeding, which is why everyone goes 9 over here

he lives his life a quarter mile at a time