What is dropshipping?

What is dropshipping?
shopify.com/guides/dropshipping/understanding-dropshipping

>How do I get started?
Buy a domain, shopify subscription, basic LLC licensing if in the states. Can start with just a sole proprietorship

>Where do I find products?
Aliexpress

>Useful Shopify Apps
Oberlo, Scarcity, Conversion Plus, McAfee Secure, Product Upsell

>Official Discord
discord.gg/Zs2gY5u
discord.gg/Zs2gY5u

>Useful Threads:
archive.is/UovEZ
archive.is/VtLq4

Anyone know if you're allowed to edit logos off of Aliexpress product images and put them up on your site?

Other urls found in this thread:

paxandroid.com
worldofharry.com/
paxandroid.com/collections/android-cases/products/adorable-animal-case-for-samsung-s4-s5-s6-s6edge-s6edge-s7-s7edge-n4-n5-soft
gainsgoods.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I want to do dropshipping but focus soley on electronics and high end clothing (specifically TVS, phones, laptops and consoles)

Is there money to be made in dropshipping prebuilt PCs?

You can use eBay and resell a ton of these things.

paxandroid.com

I've slowed down the updating for this. Hit some financial bumps and waiting days for the money to come in to order was annoying.

I'll stick to it, but everyone should look for other side ways to make some money.

>Resell products from Amazon, Ali express, Walmart.Com, etc on eBay for a higher price
>???
>A little profit

Not hitting up Twitter yet?

Nah not yet, for some odd reason I was hit with a charge back case recently though. Tried refunding but that didn't work. It was from a parish of headphones some Peron bought in.. Indonesia I believe.

What could be the best result from this?

Honestly, the chargebacks seem like the most obnoxious shit for dropshippers. What do you guys do when a chargeback happens?

Does anyone know of any good alternatives to Shopify?

Preferably one that doesn't require credit card and is compatible with Oberlo

Just did some more research, apparently Oberlo only works with Shopify but they are currently trying to integrate it with BigCommerce in March

>What do you guys do when a chargeback happens

If illegitimate:

>no further dealing with customer X
>make a page publicly listing names of customers X (give yourself authority to do this)
>????
>PROFIT

if legitimate:

>figure out returns

How do you get around impatient cunts not wanting to wait 30 days to receive their shit?

TVs and laptops are some of the worst products to sell. Margins will be too low among other things I can't remember.

Will be difficult to find high end clothing on AliExpress but if you find a good wholesaler then I guess you could try.

you don't

you t... wow. Can't believe I almost explained something this simple to you.

Think harder user.

Does this shit actually make money?

How much do you guys make?

That's what I thought.

It all depends on marketing and site design.
worldofharry.com/
Here's an example I see all the time in dropshipping articles.

find a niche and learn you some design

Ayy I want to get into this, been having a hard time though because.. my research skills are sub par I guess. Also A.D.D.

Any of you actually do this? What's it like?

You need to find a niche and also find a way to deal with long as fuck shipping times.

couldn't you just use ebay and amazon?

yeah if you want competition on the same site.

what do you mean by >make a page publically listing names and give yourself authority

?

hmm.. seems like bringing customer to your personal web page would be so difficult though.

It is. that's the trick.

dropshipping is all about Search Engine Optimization to get traffic.

Damn... that in itself seems like tough work and I don't fully know how to do that.

Fuck. Have you started doing this yourself? ropshipping?

Opinions on having a hyphen in your domain name?

How is dropshipping profitable at all? Can't customers just buy from the place that you got it from?

They obviously could, but they aren't smart enough to look for better deals if they are clicking reddit and facebook ads to get to your page in the first place.

Make it as simple as possible. So no hyphens, and a .com.

So it's entirely based off of good marketing and little else?

>Buy a domain

So do I need to learn web design or what?

I'm starting to believe the Chinese have infiltrated 4Chin somehow.

>First /g/ CSG Chink Shit General
Where they share goods that usually nobody ever needs to buy in the first place.

>Next Veeky Forums Shopping threads
Again buying fashion directly from the manufacturer, being a board full of liberal cucks makes it easier 'cause now they don't have to support le 'big guy' corporation.

>Then /a/ Animu buy threads
Buying up all those oWo costumes for cosplay/etc

Don't tell me you fags aren't seeing what's going on , wake up1!
STAY WOKE!!!

Since you copy-pasted your product descriptions there's some funny shit in there:
paxandroid.com/collections/android-cases/products/adorable-animal-case-for-samsung-s4-s5-s6-s6edge-s6edge-s7-s7edge-n4-n5-soft
>is customized: Yes
>Drop Shipping: Support

Fuuuuuuug, I should pay attention to oberlo descriptions..

Get a fucking logo on your store

That I should do, my graphic design skills just aren't there to fit the name "Pax Android". My finances are low so I'll have to wait a few weeks to get everything improved

Shopify have a logo maker don't they?

how easy is doing this stuff and do you make a lot of money with it

How much time needs to be invested in this?

>Scarcity
I'm on my fourth full day of setting everything up and I expect to launch within the next three days. So a week (at least for me). Although if/when I do it again I suspect the process will be about half that time because I'll know what to do rather than figuring out what to do.

how much about web design do you need to know?

>yoursite.com/stank

these niggas stank

Anonimir Anonovski
Sesame Street 123
Washington
USA,

Anona McAnona
Topkekinton Ave 1337
London
UK

>yoursite.com/tos

if you stank we will put your name out in public and say you stink

I can build a normal website in html/css with no experience in back end programming.
But I have no real knowledge about web design beyond using websites and having personal taste. So no facts about how certain layouts affect conversion or whatever.

I'm using a free shopify template (as everyone else posting here seems to be doing) because short of coming up with a fantastic, new, very different way of organising a website, frankly I think it just needs to be good enough with thought put behind the choices you make.

Ah cool so they provide a template, good to know that there is no need to spend money on webdesign

What angle is the best for selling, as in what stuff does sell(electronics, clothes, etc) and how you plan on marketing it?

The accepted wisdom is to find a niche. The more specific the better.
I haven't done that, I'm doing some fitness/lifting related products with my USP being very detailed information and slightly lower than normal prices.
I think there are niche markets for these more general items, it's figuring out exactly how to get their attention then conversion right now.
How to market it? Facebook ads are the best performers are easy to use.

What do you fill out your FB and Insta pages with before starting ads? I don't want to just upload all my products and look like a total shill

how'd you get that "pick a currency" thing?

I've just started reading about businesses and me being a young programming student I think I could do a nice website and attract customers to it.
However I've never done anything like this and I'm worried about both legality and profit margins.
Let's say I advertise on my site a product that is 20$ on AliExpress, what would be a good price for it?

Also how much responsibility can I free myself of with my site's terms of use?
Can I do something to make AliExpress and the original seller the ones to blame if something happens?

Do Amazon FBA, dropshipping is too hard today. You need to find your supplier offline to do that.

"Good price" is more gauged upon the popularity and branding of your website than anything. At least, that's what I've noticed with a few of my buddies. One of them is selling an article of jewelry that costs $7 on AliExpress for $130 on his website. Based off the number of reviews and what he's told me, he sells anywhere from 3-4 of them a day, and that's just THAT single product.

It's based off the average normie housewife clicking on Facebook adverts being a retard (Protip theres literally hundreds of millions of them) also most normies don't exactly go to chink websites for their first port of call when shopping.

Wow, do you think it would be easy to do something like your friend does with a website that looks exclusive and luxurious? I'm surprised people don't research that same product in different sites to compare prices.Maybe they do but think that the ones on AliExpress are cheap replicas.

Also, did he use any sort of advertising campaign like Facebook ads for example?

I can't be sure, but I'm pretty sure his main source of visits was through Instagram when he started. I'm starting my dropshipping store soon and the first advice he gave me in accordance to my lack of budget for advertising was to make posts that seem organic and not "cookie cutter" on social media platforms. Though, if you have the money, I'm sure running ads is the best way to go.

How do you make an insta page look "organic" when it's literally a page for a store?

Thoughts on selling Women's clothing for a first timer? I know it's a flooded market, but I've personally witnessed the spending habits of women and it's led me to believe that dropshipping women's clothes would be better than men's clothes.

In the meantime I'm trying to think of an actual niche that I can get into, but women's clothes seem like a decent filler for me at the moment.

Generating site traffic is the hard part. Are you willing to pay for ads, or if not, are you willing to spend time building up social media influence?

You guys think I could sell coffeemakers as a first timer?

I live in a country where a coffeemaker is practically everywhere so

Legal all depends on where you are. I'm in Aus and I'm launching with an ABN application underway which when it's needed will make me a sole trader.
In terms of responsibility, you need to conform to normal trade laws, provide the goods you said you would or organise an upgrade/refund.
You're not going to take out loans or be in debt for this so there's really not much legal overhead.
If a supplier fucks up it depends on their company policy which you can read on the product pages usually.

Just launched my site:
gainsgoods.com/

I put $100 AUD into a facebook ad which is pending review atm.

Please critique.
I will post results when they start coming in.

you sell very specific things

what makes you think people will buy anything(genuinely asking)

>what makes you think people will buy
People are already buying them over the internet.
I'm focusing on the resistance bands right now in my ads. The bands are big movers on aliexpress which is why I'm targeting them.
There are lots of people who watch youtube lifting channels and want some of the gear, and I'll see how successfully just shoving it in their face on their facefuck feed will translate into impulse purchases (on things they already want).

"Who are we?"
should be
"Who we are" or just About Us

Your item categories could be a little better. like dividing it into "Apparel", "Strength Training", and "Running/Cardio"

And your front page has items, but Im still not sure where to start browsing. Maybe add some shit to the left side. Links for "sales" and specials and shit like that

how much money are you invested so far? Not looking to bad mate

So far:
$13 for the domain, yearly
$29 for shopify, monthly
$100 AUD for facebook ads, still under approval

Cheers

Rad, How long your site take to build?

Less than a week, about 5 days total once I decided to actually do it. If it's not your first time that could be halved. I'm on holiday right now so I've got a lot of time, and I went to a university library for 5 hours a day doing the following things:
1. Choose products - what I originally wanted I couldn't find suppliers for so I chose resistance bands instead, and thought I might as well add other lifting gear in as well.
2. Choose suppliers - aliexpress, I basically chose whatever was the cheapest from a well rated supplier.
3. Setup shop - most of your time will be spent here. Pricing, writing your listings (I spent a day or so doing this), organise the backend making sure all the products are in the right place, etc., sort out your shipping rates (free for where suppliers ship free to and standard for the rest), do your layout/theme, make any other pages, branding so far as you want/need it, etc. etc.
4. Ensure legal is all good - I've got an application under review for an ABN, very simple process, which once approved I will attach to the site and when (ideally not 'if') it's prudent I'll use that to open a business bank account and an associated credit card for tax purposes. + a few Aus specific reasons.
5. Marketing - I did a facebook ad which I think is pretty good, but the proof will come once it launches. I can use the data gained to make progressively better and more successful ads and other such things can come with time. I'm not doing any other social network shit until I know it's worth my time, and pay per whatever (checkouts in my case) ads are more efficient.
6. Launch
7. (here now) Monitor and make a new list

Also make an Excel spreadsheet of all the products, their cost, links, what you'll charge, margins, etc.
Gives you a homebase for navigation prior to installing Oblero to your shop - which is something you should also do.

shit

i used to build websites as a hobby when i was a teenager. i may as well start doing this on my own and just skip the shopify unless there's any actual benefit to using them (google seo?)

*AIR HORNS*__!!Expand Your About Section!!__ *AIR HORNS*
You would be shocked how important those are to a potential buyer - especially if they are being forwarded from a targeted social ad. If nothing else from this list, do this. Trust me.

Work to incorporate a stronger brand identity in all your imagery. This can be as simple as creating a uniform format for default product photos

Buy some cheap stock photos and mock up banners. More imagery. Faces sell. Sex sells.
Sites like depositphoto are a cheaper alternative to big name stock photos. just google around. If you don't have PS skills, freelance designers are cheap as dirt.

If you're really in this for the long haul, start implementing a content marketing strategy for SEO and ads. This means building a blog with fitness lifestyle content - this will pay huge dividends in 12-16 months. Hire freelance writers to write blogs for you.

cont.

Create a FAQ & contact us page.

FAQ minimums:
(1) SHIPPING
i) Shipping Method
ii) Shipping Transit Time
iii) Shipping Restrictions
iv) International Shipping

(2) RETURN POLICY

(3) PAYMENT METHODS
i) List all payment methods
ii) Promise you we are a secure server
iii) Super duper secure

(4) Cheeky Question to show brand personality

If you can offer low price or free shipping, prominently display this information on product pages.

The key to landing impulse buys is to answer every inhibition. Biggest inhibitions in online shopping are payment and shipping.

Can someone explain this to me, I am struggling to find any information.

Is there a contractual agreement with aliexpress to sell a certain amount of items? Do you pre purchase the items or no?
If not, how does it work?

searching a niche and something to sell ?

OPEN YOUR OWN MIND

sell this : www.neetsoap.com

target : 420 audience, bag it with pipes and bongs, make deal, subscription box etc...

HELP ME = HELP YOU

you guys realize that buying from aliexpress and selling the items later isn't drop shipping right?

you guys realize that you'll get bad reviews since aliexpress takes weeks for your shit to arrive, right?

>Generating site traffic is the hard part
You mean in general for any niche, or specifically women's clothes?

Also, yeah I'd be absolutely be willing to pay for ads. I don't have a lot of money in general, but I'm willing to dump what's necessary into this. Same with building up social media pages, I'm willing to do that.

Any tips on generating more traffic?

Just launched, I want to start a blog, fill out my social media pages, etc too.

Opinions? How else can I make it more relatable/personal? What do I fill my FB page with?

junglerings.com

kind of hard to do those things without regular new products

All your stuff is $15 max. You have to have some expensive stuff in there too, in case a big spender lands on your page.

It's impossible to find expensive-looking rings on aliexpress. They all look cheapish

you don't have to use aliexpress nimrod
you could resell shit people are making on etsy

Etsy people are not as easy to convince to dropship. Also their shit runs out of stock quick

Is this your site?

Anyone interested in buying bulk pokemon go hats?

They're pretty damn high quality, I'm just done selling them for $20 each need to offload them

I could get you a pretty insane price, like $4 or $3 a hat, high quality embroidery.

mysteryfusion @ yahoo

You missed the pokemon go boat lmao

Trying to get backlinks is such a pain in the ass.

Even guestposting doesn't work that well because those asses keep asking for money.

Thanks for all the advice mate, will start doing it.

No contractual agreement.
That's not what we're doing.

So lads I think I've found a niche, how do I know if its legit?

only way to find out is to give it a go

How can I generate content on Instagram? Pics mostly, i guess, so can I just go and steal a pic from another instagram I like and post it on mine? What are the rules on that? Never really used instagram before so I have no idea.

Check out my site: www.finerfreedom.com
Any feedback would be great!

Also trying out Facebook ads for the first time, and every post I try to boost shows: 0 post engagement/0 people reached. Tried upping the budget and waiting a couple of days, still nothing.

That picture on the front page with Chad and the workout slut looks artifacted. When I click on the link, it's at the correct quality.

Not bad at all. I'm no expert but I do have 2 suggestions:

1) As this user says, fill out your "About Us" section. Even if it is just more copypasta about healthy living or photos of healthy people, etc. Maybe include a mission statement or something. Build your brand a little. You might build a stronger connection with potential customers if they know a little more about you.

2) Regarding the text description of each item, consider putting some white-space or formatting between each field. It would be easier for the eye to parse the information.

your "Footer Menu" shouldn't be there, and the "Follow Us" button does nothing.

when I open your site's main page, the tab on my Chrome shows your email, which shouldn't happen.

Some of your item descriptions (the health tracker, for example) need a space after every comma.

That blue box that says "view" when your hover over every item pic is annoying as fuck.

And I agree with what the anons before me have said.

Facebook ads are a mystery to most of us, but keep trying, target your audience, I don't know. Don't give up.

thanks for killing fashion

What do you mean?

Would you not have to list items on eBay as being shipped from overseas if you drop ship from aliexpress to account for shipping times?

I'm thinking of selling tamagotchi's or plug in tv consoles but I'd be paranoid about not seeing the product myself and them not working.

>you sell very specific things
You are supposed to. Its called a "niche".

By having a store that only sells products in one niche, you create a consumer friendly atmosphere that will inspire impulsive purchases. So he is on the right track

Why not just buy one yourself as a test to find out what the delivery times and quality is like and go from there?

They rarely seem to have that option on alibaba and aliexpress is much more limited in what they sell. I'll probably take this approach though. I'll see if a manufacturer will send me a few items to test out and start dropshipping from there.

I've heard a few people on these dropshipping threads say they bought test pieces to check quality suppliers and weed out the crap ones (they're unlikely to send you test pieces you'll have to pay for them).

If most Alibaba suppliers only sell bulk and not single pieces then I'd presume they're not suitable to dropship a single item to a customer anyway...

do any of you guys have a facebook page for your site you could share? I have no idea what to do on those.

Get ready to swallow my fucking redpill you fags.

>Niches

Most of you suck at finding niches. Retard levels. My current store's sales have begun to stagnate even with spending close to $500 worth of ads over the past two weeks. Why? Because my niche is saturated and doesn't offer cool shit. Jewelry, clothing, and that idea in your brain right now is over saturated. Find something better. Exactly why I've started a better store with products that inspire impulse purchases. Sell COOL SHIT. That's the only way to make money. Don't believe me? Enjoy being poor.

>Domains

Guys. This is pretty fucking easy. Buy a domain that is sexy and ENDS IN A .COM. None of this enchantedjewelers.NET bullshit. Looks like a store form 1998.

>Overhead

Prepare to spend at least $500 dollars to even think about getting started in this business. PLAN AD CAMPAIGNS or don't bother. Ad experimenting alone should run around $300.

>Ads

If you take my advice from above. You'll only need FB to place ads on. Plan and prepare to spend a hefty amount. If you don't your SOL.

>Website/store

For the love of jesus christ. Please customize your theme if you use shopify. I can instantly tell whose serious about this business by their theme. If it looks like 95% of the other stores, you will be part of the 95% that fail. It took me a month of modifying my store to what I have now.

Side note: This business is cutthroat and hard to pull a profit unless you get stupid lucky selling sex dolls. Everyone likes to shit on people like me because they don't like how I make my money. I work harder than most people here to pull a profit, but also love it. You're not gonna make millions, but you'll learn a shit ton.