Nioh General

Are we dying?

DLC information
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Dragon of the North

Latest Patch Notes
>nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Patches

>What does each element do?
nioh.wiki.fextralife.com/Status Effects

>What should I do with the armour/weapons I don't want/use?
Purple/Blue = Disassemble (Then use the blue mats to forge a purple if you have enough)
Yellow/White = Sell or you can give it to the kodamas for amrita and the odd free item.

>What does the summoning candle do?
It returns your guardian spirit to you when you die along with the amrita you collected.

>Should I use soul match?
Honestly, no, not unless you have basically finished the game and have a weapon with some really great stats. As you progress you will get a steady flow of new weapons and armour that is better than what you have. Don't waste your money on soul matching until later.

>Why do people keep mentioning "smithing texts"?
Bosses tend to drop pieces of their armour and weapons when you defeat them. Very rarely they will drop a smithing text which allows you to forge their armour/weapon.

>Which clan should I join? (clan unlocked through progression)
Whichever one has a bonus that you think will benefit your build the most.

Beta guide that could still be useful : pastebin.com/VEHby7kd

list of smithing texts:
pastebin.com/d4gaLiHk
Previous - →

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5LY4Mz15o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

meanwhile this thread

>are we dying?
yes

did you collect all of the unique magatama for tome?

that plays a huge role on how lucky your rolls are

we should probably mention what the star next to some stats means in the OP, since we now know what it means

>>are we dying?
>yes
yeah Nioh has a setting thats way outta the western world's typically read text so I doubt people would get interested in either the lore or setting much

I don't think either of those things are what keep a game alive

its funny enough what keeps people talking about shit for years

does anyone know if ki damage applies to help break guard or if it only lowers ki per hit that actually lands on an enemy?

ki damage applies to times when using moves like a kick or something and it hits

against someone blocking?

what I'm asking is, does it apply in situations where break helps?

I think that what would be the break stat

Why can't I get CC Ki Reduction higher than 12.7%? Is that the max I can get on an axe?

In the DLC theres a mission with a small rectangular structure covered in wind chimes with loot in the middle, how do you get inside?

Lure the big man over and let him break it open.

oh ffs

nah I think I had it with +20

bump

funny enough in the latest interview, Nioh 2 might just be a prequel from earlier on in the age of warring states in japan

I really like the history angle.

I don't think I've seen many games that do this kind of thing, especially making all of the characters based off of actual historical individuals

youtube.com/watch?v=Mh5LY4Mz15o

a lot of KT's games have eastern lore

mostly musou and grand strategy games they have thoughj

Haven't played this game since I finished it 2 weeks after launch. Didn't grind for divines at all.

How shit is the PVP? Does gear matter a lot?

How hard is the DLC?

Did they balance the game in any way?

someone spoonfeed me a maria cheese tactic this is getting boring

>Does gear matter a lot?
if you dont have end game gear, dont be surpised if you're just Squished

though level matters most

How hard is the DLC?
not too bad has the hardest human fight

tatenashi

wind weapon

weaken melee weapons mod

both protection onmyo magic

tank her for days

reaper is here

Damn, been holding off on buff/debuff spells all game but I guess this hyper armour shit demands it.

Does she appear again in a 2v1 sub mission or some other shit?

nope

only human shizegane and that other axe ninja guy

sadly you cannot rematch date masamune without going through his level

Just knock her down constantly with daiba washi or any other spirit that knocks down humans and she won't even have a chance to do anything dangerous.

I finally got an almost deathless run, where my only death was to Nekomata. No clan bonus, sloth, blinding shell, or other cheese tactics. Every mission completed except post-game missions.

If anyone can give me a good non-cheese strat for Nekomata I'd be happy, because it's the only boss that stands between me and a deathless run.

The transformed eyepatch cat? Are you kidding?

Just dodge his swipes and lay into him during his beam. He telegraphs everything.

I wish I was kidding. Of all the bosses, he's the one I die to every run. I think it's mainly due to me being retarded.

Holy shit my fire build is so much fun against these cunts throwing kunais. Hit those bitches with a burning oil jar and just run at them, dashing to put the flames out slows them down for melee attacks. Shit's fun. Can't seem to get my fire damage higher than 83.7% tho

Whats hitting you? Are you using the axe or something?

seems like fun with a shiranui, but I feel too weak in red meme armor

I'm thinking about trying diaichi daimon

This is what I've got on my 17+ Fudo Kuniyuki's:
Fire
Change to attack Skill A
Close combat Enemy Scorched
Close combat damage
Status ailment augmentation scorched
Fire Damage Weapon
Suzaku is my main spirit guardian and Enko is secondary for more fire damage
Wearing an Ogress Mask (20% fire damage)
Rest of set is red demon for the close combat scorch, using the spear and a yasakani for full set bonus
16+ Prayer Beads has 13%+ fire damage

I have never found an accessory that has more than 13% fire damage. I'd like to find a yasakani with fire damage but that's like one in a million chance.
Oh I'm also in the Takeda clan for the 10% fire damage
Also that ninjutsu passive that makes recurrent damage 10% more powerful

I just beat the game and every revenant has red devil armour, even I do (for the running speed and other Ki shit)is this how things are from now on? Surely theres better sets out there

I've cleared WotD and have been using tatenashi with 99 stamina, B agility, 7k health, etc

I just wanted to try something new so I went for a red demon tenacity damage /ninjutsu build and I just take too much damage

even though I shred through everything, it's really not all that much more damage than my full tank so I think I'm going to try bluster damage, recurrent damage and ninjutsu with gallantry and 99/99 skill/dex

bluster and weaken melee weapons should be enough to make me feel like less of a glass cannon, i'll still be able to maintain a 30% elemental damage bonus and I'll use aya kamori for the knockdown guardian attack/easy wind infliction and all of its damage/ninjutsu bonuses

I can't pass up using this amazing shiranui

I was using spear this run. I have no problem with human bosses with the spear, and for the most part no issues with Yokai bosses either. It was just Nekomata. I think my approach for the fight is the main thing that kills me, but my run could have gone far worse. I'm content.

What was your weapon using tatenashi?

the good thing about tatenashi is that you can litterally use anything you want, but kusarigamas are one of the best multi-hit weapons for inflicting elements/weaken melee weapons

I used the sayoarashi on the right and an atagi sadamune with stacked magic scaling as well

the sayoarashi has ki damage 11.9% and ki damage (blustered) 15.9%, which I thought would be good when stacked together, but it kind of sucked. If I ever remake it, I definitely won't go for those rolls.

I'll probably use a doji-kiri for wind and stick to the shiranui to have another elemental for discord for the new build

I think CCD (enemy scorched) would be better for that weapon.

than what?

enemy out of ki? yeah, probably

Could you post your stats? I only have 4.9k HP at level 295, that 2k HP difference is pretty huge even if you're level 400.

Not him but maybe you need to change your clan to Todo if you have 99 stam

I'm already in that clan. I have +Life on most of my armor too.

I'm honestly too lazy since I just plugged my usb drive back into my PS4, but I had

99 stamina
max rank in todo which gives 5+20 health per level
200 health from the passive in the axe tree
~300 health from almost max prestige
550 life on my chest piece from a star roll
and around 40ish body

>550 life on my chest piece from a star roll

What the hell

star rolls where a mistake

I wonder if there's a way to make light armor more durable in fights? I understand that evasion is LA's forte but the margin of error is really slim especially on multiple enemies esp. 2 ore more red kappas. Should I just abuse ninjutsu (smokescreens, traps, and thrown weapons)?

no the point of light "armor" is to be squishy

Medium armor is the best choice if you want to be dodging and blocking. Guard Ki Reduction does wonders too.

Is there a way to make my tank odachi with genbu/full tatenashi do more damage? Other than upgrading the weapon? I'm already in Todo and have 99 stam

do you have that CTA stamina ?

I might be just crazy

but I wonder if there is a better chance that in some days its easier to roll for a specific roll with reforging

today Im getting breaks easily

it's easy to get B agility with heavy armor tho

Yeah, true. If you don't invest much in Stamina it can be a bit harder, though. I personally mix heavy armor in while still getting A toughness and B agility.

WHY DOES TOYOTOMI ALWAYS WIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

lawd mercy

I wonder when we'll get Toyotomi and what's his guardian spirit? We got Oda and Ieyasu but no monkey.

Could you get medium or heavy armour to a agility if you put weight reduction on everything and had a ton of carry weight?

medium maybe

heavy armor no.

medium might be able to go down to A with 14.9% weight reduction on every piece and 99 stamina

heavy absolutely not

Heavy armor, no way in hell.

As for medium armor, I've tried weight reducing Kingos and it's still impossible, but then again Kingos is pretty heavy for a medium set so it might be possible with one of the lighter medium sets.

I just got my platinum after beating every mission up until way of the demon DLC and I have never worn heavy armour. What's the appeal? I just dodge everything. The only things that give me a hard time with dodging are those new demons from the dlc with fucking double machetes

>this scrub never knew the joy of a big fat willy
pity u for real to be perfectly frank my man

well you dont die in 1 or 2 hits

in way of the demon things do way more damage than they do in way of the strong

but with full tatenashi, wind, devigorate or weaken melee weapons you can face tank all of the damage and not even feel it

it's the difference of dying in 50 hits versus dying in 2

I'm almost level 300, all my gear has life, defense, toughness and defense from behind, with a few outliers like defense on amrita absorption, plus the dual katana mystic art for defense, I rarely ever get two shotted, now I'll be frank and say I get 3 or 4 shotted but in reality I should've dodged if u got hit 4 times it's my own fault

or you could literally just stop dodging and tank it all

because heavy armor lets you do that and for very little, if any, cost to damage output

I'm really spruced to be honest, u always assumed heavy armour would be like how From soft treated heavy armour in DS3, after that particular tragedy I just resigned myself to having to play Nioh like BB and DS3

>Are we dying?

More like ded already. No idea why a game barely three months old can't sustain a consistent stream of conversation about gameplay, lore, online, lewd, or even about the community itself.

There's the occassional burst of replies, then followed by hour(s) of silence. /bbg/ and /fhg/ seem more fucking alive, somehow.

Shitsux. It's like everyone just played and moved on, and nobody new is joining.

>gameplay
We've talked about pretty much everything there is.
>lore
Historical fiction with poor presentation isn't really roping people in despite how interesting it actually is.
>online
Not much to talk about, PvP is a clusterfuck with little in the way of strategy for most people and offers mostly mindless fun
>lewd
Nobody made anything so there's nothing to shitpost about
>the community
Gone and waiting for the next DLC or turbo autism farming with nothing to discuss until new content

Game is fucking great but there's really nothing to talk about once all the playable content has been digested. We'll limp along for a few more threads and then just twiddle our thumbs farming until there's something new to bitch about or farm for.

shoo shoo

off to /bbg/

So will there be yet another difficulty added to the game in further DLC? I dont think I want it.

>ask a question
>get an answer
>lol go away
>still wonders why the general is slow
Really makes you think.

>>online
>Not much to talk about, PvP is a clusterfuck with little in the way of strategy for most people and offers mostly mindless fun

>mfw I constantly post about ways to counter popular builds
>mfw ignored 100% of the time

Nobody seems to give a fuck about strategy or learning any of the mechanics beneath the surface. Most people I co-op with in WoTD are still spamming a single skill and dying to trivial things.

clearly they need to up the spawns, tipple time

>We've talked about pretty much everything there is.

A game with a large enough community and sufficient replay value always have things to talk about because the players, both new and old, consume content at different rates.

We're talking about Month 3 here, not half a year or a year later. It's not a good sign that the place is so bloody slow, even though yes, 2017 has a had a lot of new games for people to pick and choose.

there might be a lack of a pc community to be constantly reposting things

Makibishi are super hilarious in pvp

>spamming a single skill
>these people also do shit damage and choose the worst times to attack
>get fucked by massive damage and hyper armor from yokai
Tell me about it. It's always a mix between someone using kusarigama and dual katanas with only a few occasional odachis and spears. No one bothers with figuring out how to kill enemies efficiently. Take the namahage: I always wait until it finishes it's combo before breaking it's horns followed by a flash attack into iai + final blow. Simple combo and it always kills. What do they do? Blade spin or windstorm over and over again.

What we really need is a community of people on Youtube making shitty meme videos they then advertise on reddit. That way we have some good forced bullshit that keeps people passively irritated and posting in every thread.

its like which youtube cunt says all this crap

Almost all these shitty meme videos have to deal with pvp. Nioh's pvp is shit and it won't really grab people's attention.

naw I find a lot of fun in pvp once you got the gear to deal with most people

Yeah, Nioh needs invasions so people can summon three of their friends at a time and spend hours ganking with some hella effin random names and costume setups to get some siiiiiiik nasty footage for their channel (partnered with curse)

not to mention there are possibilities considering how there are equipment mods to deal with more then one opponent

Yes, because they're entertaining. Whether it's a premade group ganking, one man vs. gank group or some mix of both.

Variety is what keeps people coming back. Bloodborne's pvp scene is much smaller and lasted way shorter, because the invasion mechanics are much more strict.

Seriously though, a lot of casual people probably moved away from or avoided Nioh when their twitch/youtube heroes didn't fellate it enough for them to play it in search of validation. When the hottest topic for most people surrounding the game was how it stacked up to Dark Souls I'm willing to bet a sizable group of people let their favorite souls streamer decide whether or not they buy Nioh.

there is also the fact that people HATE reading on all these little stats that add up

there are souls streamers that thought the surge was better than nioh and I am just astonished someone can have taste that shit

it cant be helped

I blame crappy memes

I wish odachi had better sets dedicated to it

we have tatenashi, we have living weapon with date masamune whichidontseeinpvp

shigezane's set is okay but only works in 2v2 pvp rikishi gives you a tiny bonus too small to see

I wish half of odachi's skills weren't just stance change stuff

it has some use even in pvp

especially once you know that its dodge attacks are pretty nifty that you can get quite a lot of hits off that

Few quick questions guys.

1. Why do I sometimes, actually pretty often, lose part of my LW guage, are there skills that consume LW gauge?

2. Do you get more of the guardian spirit bonuses if your gauge is full?

3. What is the best farming setup for marobashi if I'm trying to land 220 gear? I'm using daiba washi as my primary and spidey as secondary

1. The buffed enemies in WotD, and especially the bosses have a debuff to make you lose amrita gauge when they hit you

2. no

3. Probably something with living weapon.

Thanks for the response, appreciate it

what unique magatama?!?