You have 10 seconds to give me ONE good reason why you aren't investing in this man

You have 10 seconds to give me ONE good reason why you aren't investing in this man

he cares too much about his outside appearance to be a smart businessman

He's self-made and worth $13,000,000,000.

You don't accomplish that by being dumb

Because he doesn't own solarcity yet

Because I'm investing in myself first.

luck... my father is the ceo of a investment management company with 14 trillion dollars in assets and he is definitely not the sharpest tool in the shed

Last time I checked, you couldn't invest in SpaceX. I don't really care about Tesla.

>investing in a loser

enjoy your diminishing returns

This came out wrong. I actually do plan to buy shares in Tesla Motors, but I'm more interested in SpaceX.

Well my dad works at Nintendo

He's not actually smart. SpaceX isn't going to profitable in his life time. It's pure speculation, and Tesla is gonna get owned once the US subsidies stop.

>Never invest in subsidized businesses (Looking at you First Solar! [and the entire industry])

Some ideas of his are just plain out wrong and crazy. Like the Boring company. Tunnels are a terrible investment when you have automatic cars coming out. Traffic will virtually disappear and you can't "layer" tunnels like he claimed, oxygen depletes exponentially.

He also believes we live in a simulation, which has no evidence, even Nick Bostrom thinks it's unlikely. It's also likely impossible to simulate consciousness with software (Penrose argument), and as far as we know finity is a human concept. We've never been able to find anything actually discrete (despite misconception on quantum), we're limited by our measurement technology, yet every time we've improved our measurement ability we can obtain more figures of significance.

tl;dr don't invest in subsidized speculation. He is not the prophet you think he is

>Tesla is gonna get owned once the US subsidies stop.

Market disagrees. Tesla is up 25% Drumpf was elected and the GOP regained control.

The stock is 100% decommodified hence why it is overvalued. The current value has no bearing on the current market. It's a speculative stock that will continue going up as people get more money and can afford to spend on casual bubbles (Trump cutting taxes (business and person) will increase all stocks naturally).

Something else to add, is that with momentum analysis you can see that in the average since march 2014, tesla stock has actually been the same stable value.

>uses shit ton of government money to finance projects
>pays investors back using basically a pyramid scheme
>lots of debt with no sign of profits
>uses global warming scam
>huge ego
yeah no musk investments for me

>Implying I'm a bitch nigga like the rest of the Veeky Forumsitches

Smart man. It's important to discern religion from truth.

>pic related to show momentum average

Thanks! Also Tesla and solar city are likely fucked if Trumpster/Congress decide to cut funding.

I think his company is overvalued.

Ford, GMC, those other loser automakers can make overpriced electric toys for rich liberals too.

>I think his company is overvalued.
Says increasingly nervous residential electric uility

Nothing to do with utilities. He makes a product many other firms can bring to market as well.

Nothing special about electric cars, they've been around for decades. The demand for them is going up and they are getting cheaper but Tesla offers nothing but hype and luxury-type features and that is the only aspect of their product that distinguishes them from their competitors. Tacked on luxury features, a sweet 0-60 time and a hefty price-tag.

If they become successful, all the other automakers will begin to roll out similar products and compete heavily and due to economies of scale, will cut into Tesla's bottom line.

Branding. Honestly I have no idea what the fuck American car companies are doing, European car companies are taking some hits, and that mostly leaves the Japanese as his competition. I don't see those as bad odds.

Because men are biological entities which perish with time. Investing in such entity would be dumb.

Keep crying.

He's never made a good product. He's a genius at grabbing government subsidies, but his company has very little underlying value.

Because I don't know where I can invest in him. And because if I earn something on the investment I have to pay taxes of what I earn damnit! Life in Scandinavia is hard

>got lucky with paypal
>his other investments are just about conning the government into subsidizing him
>solarcity
>tesla
>spacex

What is he doing that will actually return value? His projects are essentially big toys, doing shit for the sake of doing it, regardless of the demand. Anyone in the market for a reusable rocket? No? Maybe just the government, right? But they're the ones who funded its development.
He blows through cash and relies on gov funding.
Also he thinks we live in a computer simulation and for that reason I don't trust him. Regardless of the accuracy, he comes across like he's playing a giant video game and I take my money more serious than that.
It's all so very strange to me. He could've been a slam dunk sci-fi author.

My dad could kick your dad's ass

Should have bought last year but now is time to sell because tesla stock just plateaued and the minute real car companies with more resources and brand recognition decide to start making electric cars it will be fucked.

he's a AIDSfaggot i hate his guts!

trump put elon musk on advisory team, so it looks like trump is planning to keep subsidizing tesla.

>He makes a product many other firms can bring to market as well.
>Nothing special about electric cars, they've been around for decades

Yeah, cause every company out there has a gigafactory.
Seriously who cares about old electric cars. And you are wrong, they have been around since like the beginning. Over a hundred years. Batteries though are what matters and the gigafactory supplies them cheap as hell.

you think residential electric utilities will get nervous because they have to sell people more electricity to charge their teslas? why?

>muh "gigafactory"
what does this even mean? a big factory? just sounds like a meaningless marketing buzzword. I've been inside a honda plant before and it was pretty darn big, but no one was freaking out about it.