Mishifting

With a 9000 RPM redline from my S2000, I accidentally shifted from 5th to 2nd while driving maybe 60 mph. I didn't hit redline but my tires squeeled and I rapidly went to 6K from maybe 2K.

Did I do any sort of damage as a result? I didn't hit redline but my needle shot to 6 K at an instant.

In an s2000? No.

Unnecessary strain but you didn't overspeed the engine if you're telling the truth.

your retardede

If you're going to insult someone's intelligence you may want to look into something call "spell check", you fucking mong.

how the fuck do you manage to do that? even when i misshift i can feel it when i start to let off the clutch

I've downshifted while being in redline in 3rd to 2nd in my shitbox, the limiter is there for a reason. worse case you spin a rod bearing

Is it making any unusual noises or smokes?

None.

If it's of any relevance, the mototr has about 70K miles on it.

Too soon, junior

This.

I bent 2 valves missing a shift @ 80 mph though.

You're likely fine. Probably put some undue strain on the gearbox, diff, and the rest of the driveline, but nothing catastrophic. if it's still running and not making odd noises or acting strange, then don't worry about it.

This.

Jap car owners confirmed for being retarded.

I have a uncle who accidentally shifted from fourth to first in his corvette during a street race.

>the limiter is there for a reason
The limiter isn't going to do jackshit when it's the drive turning the engine faster.
This case though, OP hasn't broken anything

Had you let it all the way out and went to redline you could have "mechanically over reved" your engine. Where the ignition would normally cut out to prevent an over rev, if you "mechanically over rev" by downshifting you can damage your valve retainers.

Just because you don't have any symptoms now doesn't mean the valve retainers aren't cracked. They could fail tens of thousands of miles after being cracked. You can have them inspected but best practice is to replace the stock ap1 retainers to ap2 retainers.

Did he forget his left from right

He's stating the obvious, not actually providing any actual in-site

>fucking up a shift in that godly bolt-action gearbox
What the fuck?

why didnt johnny tran have a hardtop

He spent all his money under the hood

Nigga they're like 4k

it's a meme you dip

Yeah, but would they pull a premium a week before race wars?

>5th to 2nd
>accident

nigger WHAT

probably wanted 5 --> 4 but missed it

weight reduction
all his cash is under the bonnet

how did you not realize? for one, you'll notice the shifter travel distance is much greater going from 5 -> 2 over 5 -> 4. two, letting the clutch out will have an immediate effect, certainly enough of an effect to tell you something is wrong.

cmon man..

I did it once when I was learning to drive stick. Went for a night drive to practice, mis-shifted from 5th to 2nd at something like 50mph. Almost redlined, but not quite. That was a year ago, haven't seen any issues at all.

Do you spastics just let your clutch out instantly when downshifting?

lmao, got em. it's so good to correct someone's spelling when they say memes

that's precious tenths of a second bro.

used to do this all the time. diff lock/skid.

I shifted beyond redline once, the engine is still ok.
But I doubt that the redline is even close to the maximum rpm my engine could deal with.
>84 mm stroke
>71 mm bore
>DOHC
>forged conrods
>6400 rpm limiter

Your accessories are probably fucked. That's why Ford couldn't let the Yamaha powered SHO rev to 8500, Ford's accessories couldn't handle it

>84 mm stroke
>71 mm bore
Undersquare and gay

>in-site

Insight

I see you too saw this week's RCR

>diesel fiat
>guise I'm an enthusiast!!!
>calling others retarded
kys

if only there was some way you could change the ratio of a pulley....

this

its called a shift lock and its how i learned to drift

>one of the main 3 ways to initiate a drift
>these kids don't even know the basics

Shits fucked, part out.

Please tell me you did it on a near cold engine