/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, 23rd of May:
844 – Battle of Clavijo: The Apostle Saint James the Greater is said to have miraculously appeared to a force of outnumbered Asturians and aided them against the forces of the Emir of Cordoba.
1430 – Joan of Arc is captured and raped by the Burgundians while leading an army to raise the Siege of Compiègne.
1846 – Mexican–American War: President Mariano Paredes of Mexico unofficially declares war on the United States.
1945 – World War II: Heinrich Himmler, head of the Schutzstaffel, commits suicide while in Allied custody.

>News
CK2 DD 53 - Rhythm is a lancer
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-53-rhythm-is-a-lancer.1024061/

EU4 DD 23/05
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-23rd-of-may-2017.1024304/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI3] - Flavormod
mega.nz/#F!GBByDSgS!9ia87JfAeOQgADjGq9y4hw

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!vIQnEZJK!5YCtpPMElgZJ3DDaVSaxJqEGym87SKZxfx-uKVwZmqM

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V10
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

>>[V2]Africa Mod
pastebin.com/kyMpRZcQ

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HHT3Pe39UQg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Death to Wester! Ruiner of dreams!

Then go conquer some nigger

BASED

How do I punish him /gsg/?

xth for Kolchak

Which reform should I go for?
I'm thinking Only Landed Voting so I can become a republic and eventually enact that New Life in the New World decision but All Allowed Rights is also very appealing because of the +15% assimilation rate and I have a lot of non-accepted cultures in my country.

don't make him a martyr. just sell his ass back and let him live the rest of his life in shame while making some good money.

>create a thread at 730 posts
>spam threads
>shamelessly samefags the first post for attention, don't even bother resetting your router when pretending to be someone else
>still gets cucked
wew

Focus on becoming a full democracy first, Universal voting rights, the last reform gives a +50% bonus to migrant attraction
Assimilation is already fast in the new world

I love some of the lore you can find in-game, like this here revealing how giant space scorpions are around.

and then the bases' insta-death

When I came across this for the first time, it scared the shit out of me

Yep, that's a lost base.
I hope you are playing with research costs set to 960K or at least 480K

>Assimilation is already fast in the new world

Do natives assimilate at all to begin with?

I'm behind as fuck in tech, 3/4/8, but at least I'm ready to reform into the Golden Horde once my cores finish creating.

I didn't think hordes would be this annoying to play desu. But I might as well go for broke and get all the horde chievos on this run.

Don't think so

>playing for achievements

Nah, I play what seems fun, and try to get achievos for said nations along the way.

steamcordplaza rekt and kekt

>ywn visit a comfy resort teetering on the edge of a black hole
yeah, selected very expensive research at the start

>I play what seems fun

Is there a better sight?

based

It would look better if it was all purple and called the "Roman Empire".

can someone help me? i´ve installed meiou and taxes 2.0 in my eu4 with mandate of heaven but the game crashes when i choose a nation to play and click play.

Thread Theme

youtube.com/watch?v=HHT3Pe39UQg

Spurs was once again brought to memory

too soon
rip manu

Playing newbie Ireland for the first time, should I activate DLC's or play vanilla for a while?

Are Persians white?

They're brown, but based

Florryworry our guy?

Stop lying. Persia is dead.

It's happening.

Absolute hero. It's good to get non-anglo gs players.

CK2 or EU4?

CK2 or eu4
If eu4 yes but try Scotland
If CK2 try wales

Is Brittany good to play in ck2

only if you reclaim england from the anglo scum.

Any good mpreg mods for CK2?

How far west should my white mongol rus expand?

>offensive war

Brave little bastard

>now at 80% blob size
>England cancels independence again
>emperor praises me for getting an imperial province but it just gives me a claim
>everyone else I like has already allied up within the empire
>cancelled alliance with Brittany but now in empire so can't ally now
>Bohemia is weakening so they can't protect me from France all that well
>Scandinavia keeps on diplomatically insulting my ally Schleswig-Holstein
At least I've got most of the Low Countries out of French and Burgundian hands, so it should just be conquer Congo, prevent France expanding too much and just let it be
If I take two provinces of vital interest from my ally how likely are they to break, because I really like the look of pic related, but violet is vital interest to Schleswig Holstein

The entire map

can someone help me? i´ve installed meiou and taxes 2.0 in my eu4 with mandate of heaven but the game crashes when i choose a nation to play and click play.

>blob Prussia and Muscovy are fighting the Turkish and Turco-Mongols
?

You're banned by Gaben.

Don't meme. I want a nice looking Rus.
I was thinking as far as Hungary to meet up with my mongol bros.

That shitty mod is too unstable. Don't bother with it for now.

In EU4 is the HRE empire modifier that you get from winning the religious war worth it if I could just prevent the leagues from forming instead?

I'm going for one faith and I'm unsure if the +1 missionary strength is worth the time and effort it would take

>only if you reclaim Angelland from the angels
It should be in the paradox interactive mod folder
Are you sure it and mandate are latest patch
And by crash does it immedtaily crash, or just stops responding

Preventing reformation from happening completely is always better. I don't know if you can form HRE that fast in the newest patch.

Kievan Rus and surrounding rivers to the urals I say
>shitty
Objectively wrong
>unstable
Runs slowly when doing mass calculations but hasn't crashed on me once yet
Yeah preventing league wars is same as catholic victory

It starts to play the game and keeps on ''initializing'' and i even hear the sounds of rebels(tried to play as ere) but the games then loses it sounds and crashes.

Another byzcuck prevented from greeking shit up.
The true Roman Empire is proud.

Does this mean Chile will become part of my country if I puppet it before enacting this decision?

I literally picked up a random nation.

Sure you did, byzcuck.

Try installing again

whatever

I thought EUIV took place after the Greeks stopped existing.... Hmmm....

would you rather that I said reclaim Briton? It's the same shit. Get the germanic shitskins out.
The isles are celtic.

Fucking Luxembourg could probably take Timur-cucks once the rebel ball starts rolling.

Yes, if I remember right.

Did they fix croatia being a vassal republic under hungary instead of a PU kingdom in MEIOU?

>Represent Allah
>Only worth 5 ducats

Should I kill him anyways now?

Of course.

>only 5 ducats

Bravo Gigau

Fucking meiou is sucking me up. Just playing it for 14 hours every day.
I'm uninstalling this shit.

someones actually playing distant worlds

>lying on the internet
for what pvrpose

MEIOU and sometimes Y is an awful mod and you should feel bad for enjoying it

>when you piss of the shitposters so much they start reporting posts

I can play vanilla EU4 like this too. I had over thousand hours three months after it came out. This just sparked my interest in the game again.

CKII

Which one do I choose? I'm thinking Lima because it's whitest

Most of the CK2 mods just make new areas playable.
If you're playing as a Christian ruler if doesn't make much difference if you play with them on or off.
Just make sure to disable sunset invasion.

I did as Austria.

>playing EUIV
>playing it for over a thousand hours in 3 months
yeah please kill yourself.

Retards like you are why we will never see a good victoria 3

Don't play Ireland, you'll just be waiting for 20 years for a claim to pop.
If you want to get into CK2, play a nation which can declare war anytime - norse, nomads, even mudslimes. That, or a Christian nation which borders muslims (not pagans), so that you can holy war them.

>vickyfags
Time to post laughing sluts.jaypeg, I guess.

kill yourself

1565 is not preventing reformation, moron. You would have to do it by 1490-1495

>5 ducats

And people say M&T is good

How come my kids will inherit titles that don't exist yet? I am king of sweden, have three kids, and each of them will Inherit the kingdoms of Sweden, Norway and Denmark. Sounds terrible. Should I form those kingdoms and then form Scandinavia to prevent my realm from splitting?

The OP was talking about preventing the leagues from forming. Didn't notice that the one I replied to said reformation.

So I've taken over the Thirteen Colonies in one Native American run as the Cherokee, and eaten Mexico, California and Alaska in this run as thr Pueblo. I've also gone full-Manifest Destiny as a released colonial nation to form the United States.

Once I'm done here, which American country/colonial power should I go for next? The Inca? Aztecs? Maya? Mali?

Found La Plata

Play in Europa you fucking cuck faggot SJW

I'm not sure it's possible

It's 1510 in my run, protestant hasn't popped yet and I've done 4 1/2 reforms, if I went as fast as possible and got insanely lucky, I could maybe be close to Erbkaisertum

The elective gavelkind succession law has special rules.

First, on succession in kingdoms and empires, new kingdoms might be created for junior heirs. The outgoing ruler must control 51% of the de jure kingdom and meet any other specific requirements for creating that kingdom.

Second, junior heirs always get the choice to become independent peacefully. While this does not cause a war, the primary heir receives claims on their primary titles. These claims are not inheritable, but they are strong, allowing them to be pressed simultaneously. Junior heirs controlled by AI choose whether to become independent based on whether they are ambitious / content and based on their opinion of their new liege.

Europe sucks. America is based.

Gavelkind succession is pure cancer, it's not even historical for most of Europe.

Or maybe R&I is the real shitposter and you're playing right into Steamcordplaza's hands by siding with him?

woah..

The hell is that purple blob in Mexico?

Got a good one for you
Do either a release or a retreat to the new world, but do the following
Own at least all land in the Caribbean trade node
Own the provinces with trade modifiers (Natural harbor, COT, etc) in nodes downstream. Your discretion as to how much land to take in those nodes, but try to keep it small and aesthetic.
Bonus points if before you move your capital to the Caribbean you form colonial nations in Brazil (For a loyal colonial puppet to the south of your amazon lands and to help push trade from Brazil to Ivory Coast) and on the east coast to help keep trade in the Caribbean.

Goals are to develop the fuck out of important trade provinces, your Caribbean lands, and to try to push trade to Caribbean where you take as much as you can before Euros downstream steal from you.

Extra bonus points for massive pirate fleets in nodes downstream from Caribbean to push those you take your trade.

Thanks, I guess I'll form Scandinavia just to be sure. Don't want babies deciding to fuck my shit up.

This sounfs comfy, particularly because CoT provinces get a -5% developememt cost, this can be stacked as follows:

-20% Economic ideas
-20% University
-10% Economic-Quantity policy: Agricultural Cultivation
-10% with Encourage Development edict
-10% with Prosperity
-10% if Burghers are at 60 influence and 60 loyalty
-5% CoT
-5% for "Organized through bishops" Protestant Aspect
-5% for adopting the Renaissance institution

For a total of -95% developement cost. You cojld get even more if you pick a nation with developement ideas.

Hosting Vic2 3.04 w/ HPM (PSGK checksum)
IP: 108.24.113.17

t. steamcordplaza