/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/

HAK HAK HAK edition

Last thread: →

>Endless Space 2
- Official Wiki wiki.endless-space.com/
- Soundtrack soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
- Community Hub games2gether.com/

>Stellaris
- Pastebin: pastebin.com/YHdisqem
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1: pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5: reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki: stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- The Development of Stellaris gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php

>Endless Legend
- Manual: cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki: endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE): well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot: multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet: hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (unembed)

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories: mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri
>Endless Space 2
- patch notes
games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/65-general/threads/25869-1-0-5-preview-patch-notes?page=1
games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/65-general/threads/25780-preview-1-0-4-patch-notes?page=1
-wiki
wiki.endless-space.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4BeR6zv3tH0
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=911980839
youtube.com/watch?v=55NDFNzsvTw
youtube.com/watch?v=fXRJBK8oJSA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for Transport Fever Autsim

>copied the old op, edition and all

Why is Horatio the best empire?

whats this art from?

>you will never have a Riftborn waifu
Why even live?

>thread got to like 900 posts
>nobody else makes it
>complain when they do
kys ty

That's a curious way to spell United Empire, citizen.

i was about to post the thread when i went to check if anyone had already done it
>letting the galaxy end in fire

say what you will about their gameplay, but UE is definitely the most Veeky Forums faction

be straight, is this game fun

I'm not sure he can, user.

the UE went from fashy to pimp mode, wtf
all he needs is some sort of goblet with his name on it in gems and a large novelty hat.

Sheredyn or stay UE?

anyone have the planet table for ES2?

How do I upgrade void arks as Vodyani to house more people?

upgrade development in trade tab

I like to RP them as the Fed from Hell Divers.

Sheryden citizens give extra manpower and you also get a battle tactic that gives +50% Hull Penetration to ballistic weapons, can't speak on what staying as true Imperialists gives you.

I got shit to do.

Mesari.

I'm not gay

Holy fuck that battle tactic is fucking insane. With a hero you can get like 90% Hull Penetration making armor useless.

I'm playing the tutorial in ES2 and blueprints button is grayed out and I can't build military ships. Did I bug out and need to restart, or is there some shitty condition on when it will allow me to do it?

>brainwash minor
>they let you leech without impunity
nice

I have a theory that the biggest problem with Stellaris is that by giving people the option to totally customize their race and empire, it ironically creates a galaxy-wide inherent blandness and resulting balance issues that can't be solved since there aren't crystallized factions that be extensively play-test and fine-tuned.

Thoughts?

you talk like a fag and your shits all retarded

>this

it is part of the reason why I hate path of exile

They make crazy as shit dust income too with that unique system ugrade

I kinda agree, but that's a recurring issue when you're trying too hard to balance your factions, they all feel like the same.
I had that issue with civilizations where I always end up picking races based on how much I love them rather than out of strategic considerations.

please leave

You misunderstand, I love Stellaris and the customization options. I just wish it could be better, and I'm left wondering if Wiz and friends can actually pull it off over time, or if it's an inherently lost cause

Is that a fun mod?

Interesting. So having pre-made factions wouldn't help, you think.

>m left wondering if Wiz and friends can actually pull it off over time, or if it's an inherently lost cause
dude buy more dlc lmao

>and I'm left wondering if Wiz and friends can actually pull it off over time
For only 3 more easy installments of $19 we'll change this game from a shit game to a slightly below average game!

Shitposting aside, could ANY amount of DLCs fix it, or is not worth?

>not worth

Well, it's just my opinion, but the only civilization in Civ5 that I actually bothered learning was the modded Planeptune. And that's because you don't have direct controls of the cities in that mod, they all act like puppet states.

Other than that, yes. Stellaris is basically a blank canvas for you to add your own civilizations and make the craziest spin-offs ever.
Not that I mind, I really like silly games, but by itself, without any mod, it doesn't have much to effort. In a way, it means that every game will be unique since you'll probably see a lot of random civilizations, but when you look at this thread, there's nothing like "UAC are faggots" or "the Space Empire is a pain", all factions are reduced to their ethos.

>Is that a fun mod?
entirely different game m80

it's a diablo clone where there's no premade classes and everyone can use every skill depending on how you develop your character

but because of that the game lacks character

hmmmm... pretend I give you free reign, and you don't need to do gay shit like pay for a million DLCs... how would you try and fix Stellaris?

that makes sense...so it's more of a toy kind-of game than a real strategy game. Which is unfortunately the vibe I've been realizing, too

whoops my bad. but yeah, I can see how that makes sense

I love that gif, so have a better version of it.

Honestly, I think there are three ways of playing Stellaris :
-erase all the premade civilizations so that every game is totally random,
-make your own civilizations, each with their own stories, and enjoy playing with them,
-mod the shit out of the game until the Space Pirates' frigate Orpheon engages Capitaine Picard above Pandora while the Emperor Paul Poutine negociates a ceasefire with the Many.

So how many of you immediately restart upon noticing that RNGesus has dropped a fanatic xenophobe FE into your backyard? They really put a damper on any expansion as their KILL YOU NOW range is about twice the radius of their borders (which already are quite substantial).

At least my homeworld has never spawned inside their aggro radius so far.

WE FUCKING TURBO NOW BOYS

CONSUME
TIME WARP
RELIGION

I actively seek fanatic fuck you empires to abuse the fact that their war demands ( when declared on ) are only humiliate and kill leader

You only need about 2k str to destroy a few mining / research base and have your scientist research the debris as their doomstack rapes your home world

Enjoy tier 5 tech by 2224

That is fucking retarded and yet also fucking brilliant at the same time.

You are correct that this happens in Stellaris, but the strange thing is that the devs shouldn't be afraid of imbalance.

Other Paradox games - CK2, EUIV - are inherantly unbalanced; starting EUIV as France is orders of magnitude easier than starting EUIV as Ryukyu, and nobody gets pissy about that. Indeed, it's why the game is so replayable .

So I can't for the life of me understand why Paradox doesn't just go
>"OK, playing as a Fanatic Materialist Corporate Dominion has very different, unbalanced, unfair mechanics compared to playing as an Egalitarian Free Haven, the latter is intrinsically hard mode and that's fine".

It's yet another case of the devs (ironically) having no grand strategy of what they wanted the game to be. Stellaris is just a random jumble of ideas thrown into a pot with no synergy, and the way they get there to be "balance" is by making every mechanic incredibly weak rather than making sure things synergise in a proportionate manner.

What am I looking at

not long until I will rape everyone with my 2 combat arks of doom

I want to fuck a sentient cube

Regarding FE wars, is their war AI screwy as shit? I once was in defensive pact with another empire that built too close to a xenophobe FE and got dowwed into the fun. A FE fleet traversed across the entire empire they declared on just to siege an unimportant border planet of mine, and never did bothered to send any troops to take it. I forgot to break the pact after the war so several decades later when they colonized the same planet again and got dowwed, the FE AI did the exact same thing, sieging the same planet again and stood there until the end of the war waiting for a troop fleet that never came.

Nice user. Proud of you for joining the Vodyani master race.

Chell, stop.

looks smalltime

Christ

[angry tree noises]

Sad thing is, if you haven't won by this stage of the game you probably aren't going to.

>tfw sophons on the other side of the Galaxy are about to win through economy

>keeping economy victory enabled

>tfw I accidently win economy victory when going for Wonder

economic victory is misery.

youtube.com/watch?v=4BeR6zv3tH0

This is so good
I want to give the bass clarinet lady a kiss on the cheek

Yeah I forgot, it was one of my first gsmes

did they ever fix the tempest dlc?

So carriers are just super large ships and nothing else right? Seem kind of boring.

They were supposed to carry fighters/bombers but they didn't finish it in time for release day

When I was playing Vodyani and had that carrier it was turn 80. My score was at 3000 and I had won the game already but wanted to keep trying stuff.

Vodyani are fun.

>tfw no carriers

>tfw silly AI spoonfeeds me his ships into my system 1 by 1 rather than gathering his forces
if he had saved that up to a decent army after like 10 turns I would have felt threatened.

ES2 seems a little too easy

It'll be added in a patch later.

You can make a custom faction to play against to make it harder. Try one of the ones posted in here.

Whats a way I can make a custom UE so I can just get to Core Cracker as fast as possible?

I'm having fun laddos

not sure how well buying tech with influence works so either that or ramp up the science gain

>Okay no more conquest, time to try Unfallen
>Leave all settings at standard but make galaxy shape Disk 4
>Three turns in and I run into half the enemy factions already
Help

Something is REALLY fucky with the worldgen. The Riftborn are literally right next to the Vodyani.

What 's up with this manpower?

tick tock motherfucker

So is the Kinetic Artillery II the best weapon on the Battleships Large slots? Seems like the range and damage are both amazing. Except I don't understand Stellaris ship building at all.

Oh boy, I never thought I would miss even the limited diplomacy options of Stellaris, but ES2 you can't do anything at all.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=911980839

What's going on with cqui? Why won't it show my research/civics properly?

religious law is actually really good

you can invade enemy planets while they can't do shit about yours, you can go all offense while neglecting your defense

thanks I like this

After a rough start Vodyani snowball pretty hard, don't they?

Speaking of the Horatio, when you're splicing minor factions into your dna should you leave one population alive so they can breed again, or just take out the entire population? I dont even know if you can splice races multiple times.

What custom race did you make? i have riftborns wanting to become organic so they gene splice. not sure where to go from there and not very creative. putting in my own lore takes more thought than a cool idea.

in tutorial it blocks features until its ready to tell you about them or wants you to try them.

except it doesn't do anything and you can't invade systems even while religious

Endless Space 2 reminds me a lot of my Endless Legend experience during launch

Gorgeous aestethics, interesting factions, but ultimately a shallow and easy experience after you get used to its intricacies

lets hope expansions improve it the same way

youtube.com/watch?v=55NDFNzsvTw

youtube.com/watch?v=fXRJBK8oJSA

How are the two most recent endless legend expansions? Are they worth it? I played the shit out of endless legends.

all of them are worth it except tempest

What's wrong with tempest?