What the hell did I just read? Why was this their strategy? Why do you people like this brand?

What the hell did I just read? Why was this their strategy? Why do you people like this brand?

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/06/how-subarus-came-to-be-seen-as-cars-for-lesbians/488042
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Subarus being a lesbian/liberal yuppie brand has been around a while.

Making me want to buy a bugeye and paint a confederate flag on it

It all comes down to business, you stupid confederate fuck - one dreamed up by enterprising white capitalists out of their love for MONEY above all else.

Subaru of America was tanking back then - they were even smaller than they are now and sold barely any cars.

Some dude had the brilliant idea of targeting a niche crowd instead of trying to build straight-laced econoboxes like all of the other Japanese manufacturers - that space was too competitive. They had a lot of coded messages in their adverts that only the lesbian/gay community understood and that community stayed loyal to Subaru because Subaru was paying attention to them during a time when everyone was still pretending they didn't exist.

Now people support Subaru because they target their advertising at outdoorsy white family-type people - kind of like a more down-to-earth Land Rover - while still maintaining the attention and loyalty of the JDM turbo AWD sports sedan crowd.

It's actually an interesting history to read up on.
theatlantic.com/business/archive/2016/06/how-subarus-came-to-be-seen-as-cars-for-lesbians/488042
>When one Subaru ad man … proposed the gay-targeting ads in talks with Japanese executives, the executives hurriedly looked up “gay” in their dictionaries. Upon reading the definition, they nodded at the idea enthusiastically. Who wouldn’t want happy or joyous advertising?

and the ads they ran almost seem like parodies in retrospect

pic related. Just a reminder that the the WRX STI is still the best sports car you can buy.

Ford shills pls go.

GAIBOI pls go

Just a reminder that the newest STI is the worst STI.

new focus rocks and i'm a subie fan

The new Focus is a better Subaru than the actual Subarus.

>new focus rocks

It's a FWD car grocery getter, even the RS isn't proper AWD just a haldex copy.

Just a quick reminder to the Ford shills above (do you see how they respond so quickly? It's because they get an alert every time the STI is mentioned).

According to Car and Driver (the first place I looked):

The STI is 1.3 seconds faster to 100mph
The STI is 2.6 seconds faster to 130mph
The STI is .1 second faster through the 1/4 mile with 3mph higher trap speed

These are HUGE acceleration differences. The only reason you don't know about this already is because paid Ford reviews and posts have proliferated the internet, and you haven't actually driven the cars.

The STI is the beloved 90's Japanese sports car, updated for modern times. If it was a Ford, everyone would be jerking themselves for it.

Below they will reply with "b-b-but the RS lapped a track .0000091 seconds faster and makes pops when you downshift!!"

FWD hatch slower than AWD car? Shocker.

The RS is AWD. At least until the diff overheats.

It's Less AWD than a Haldex Golf.

I own a Bugeye STI, and if I was being forced to buy a new car, I would get the Focus RS over a new STI. It just seems like the more fun car. The STI has become watered down.

If you want a real STI buy a Hawkeye, Blobeye, or Bugeye. Remember that the Hawkeye STI is the fastest STI ever (not including special trims).

If I was given a Focus RS, I would sell it for a Prodrive Bugeye STI that I would then proceed to tune the fuck out. And it would crush the new STI, Focus RS, Golf R, and Civic Type-R for a fraction of the cost.

Pic fucking related. God that Prodrive WRC bumper is sex.

HAHAHAHAH holy shit what magazines were these ads published in? Been trying to convince my wife to drive a Forester as a commuter (and to learn stick). I'll have to be sure not to let her see these she hates the LGBTQRSTUV movement.

get a better wife

>Subaru: a one way trip down Gay Street
surely they had to know

You sound too reasonable

you can buy replica and real prodrive bits from subaruwrcspares.com

get her a forester XT

>gay brand
>calls car an STI

HEH

The only place power should be.

Don't you got some networks to debug or something?