/lozg/ - The Legend of Zelda General

Stand aside for the true waifu edition

>The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild InfobinNews/DevelopmentsArt CollectionSoundtrack

Paya or Kodah?

Paya. Always Paya.

I'm looking for a Sword and armor mix that could get me looking like Guts from Berserk, past the Golden Age arc. Any suggestions?

There's nothing, sorry. You could do black Hylian gear but that's as close as you get.

>cutie scaredy lady
vs
>monstrous talking salmon

I dunno

theyre also less useful to wield
i think the great flameblade looks good but the others are ugly
nonetheless they make okay display items
riddles of what?

like, 5 weapons. maybe 6.

Daily reminder that Hylia is a false god.

hey she may not have had a hand in creating the world like the 3 more important ones, but.. she did make a floating continent and preserve a species

Just because she likes Link just a little too much doesn't mean she's a false god

Link doesn't deserve happiness

>Kodah
who?

RIP general

favorite zelda ghost?
i'm rather fond of ghini, i'd like them to come back
but i feel like the 16-bit poes were the neatest looking.

Hero shade

he is a pretty cool ghost to be sure. i gotta wonder why he takes the form of a stalfos (the big bulky stalfos of his era, even) and a golden wolf..

He deserves it, but Hylia doesn't like it.

Darmani

Shit was tragic

never before have i heard a ghost tell me to avenge his memory or whatever and I've said yes so damn fast.

I figure others could make use of this.
You can exchange the cane sugar for other stuff. Put in a truffle or radish and you'll get hearty bread if you're low on recovery

whoops

radish + sugar = bread? what a country!

by the way, to the user the other night who told me how to mak jjus' plain bread.. turns out you dont need the sugar. it's just wheat, butter, salt. crazy, right? wait, was it butter? i think it was butter. it was just wheat and salt was it? shit maybe it was.
in any case i cant believe i went this long without knowing the recipe for plain bread. youd think the game would have told you early, but you dont really find wheat til youre in the.. well, i reckon it's the 'last' area but that's up to you isnt it

ohhhhhh i see. you meant exchange for the sugar. not exchange sugar for the wheat.

I didn't figure it out until I finished almost everything, and even then it was totally by mistake.
Now I'm trying to make a level 2 fireproof elixer but it doesn't seem possible, which sucks because I don't want to have to buy fireproof clothes in my next run and never use them again just like this one

On the subject of food, more people need to know how great Monster Extract is.

You use it with food items and it causes several random effects, but the beneficial ones are common enough and great enough to make it worthwhile. Plus you can always just reload if you get especially bad luck or are particularly anal.

30 minute effects and even 10 minute effects are what you want. Dragon horns will give you guaranteed 30 minute effects but you have to bother with all that instead of just buying a cheap ingredient.

the only time I ever want a 10 or 30 minute effect is when I'm making a movement speed elixir, and even then every 10 minute one I get is always level one

To be fair, you'll easily end up in Tabantha if you hop on one of the horses just beyond the plateau and go left. You'll also probably stay there since that place is very easy.

Is there any place to find wheat and rice easily? I only ever get it from traders and those who carry it are few and far between

You're not using the right ingredients, then. Speed, power, and I think stealth and defense all have a "strong" ingredient that will give you a full 3x boost if you cook four of them.

>power: bananas
>speed: fleet lotus seeds

I never use stealth or defense boosts so I don't know what to use for those.

>dont wanna buy something and never use it again
>make something else that you'll only use a few times and then never again
also what? you dont explore volcano area enough for the suit to be worth it? i do.

I always though fleet lotus seeds were the pishy-poshy ones right behind rushrooms. I'll have to try again.

I find it funny for the amusing dishes it can make, but those all have shitty heart recovery.
huh, i love all the potential paths in this game. my tabantha area remained so broken up for so long, but later i realized how elegantly it all connected

elixirs are easy to make and don't cost 600 rupees, I'd rather make a few of those once and not buy armor I'll never use outside of needing level 2 fire resistance

i believe they sell wheat in rito village. hateno has rice everywhere if you just use a sword.
iirc you get better effects if you mix up a variety instead of just multiples of the strongest

Link is the perfect girl.

as far as i can tell, it's the same. you can either go all over christendom collecting fireproof lizards and flamewing butterflies, or you can use them to upgrade your armor. i'll take the armor. but we all plays our own ways.

Bear in mind that one of the Monster Extract random effects is a diminished effect. Doesn't seem to happen to me often, though...

I've seen that before.
Are there many unique foods you can make with it? I know there's that one recipe the royal ambassador liked but I never found anything else out.
I should mix a fairy with monster extract just to see what happens

Nah. Piling on one strong ingredient will give you the strongest and longest-lasting effect you can get short of using dragon horns, monster extract, and blood moons (all of these only effect duration to boot).

You can still get a 3x boost from using a mix, but the duration won't be as long.

Do triple electric-proof foods make you immue to getting shocked?

huh, i could swear i have an example to the contrary...
it doesnt help that the effects have a totally uneven number of ingredients.
i don't think there's such a thing as level 3 anything-proof. only attack and defense. even armors don't give you 3, they give you 2 plus a special effect. which is weird if you think about it.

I've got a triple electric resist dish in my inventory but I've never tried it. I will next time I'm in the desert and I'll report back here along with the recipe

>solve all the Gerudo's trouble
>Riju gave me her stupid hat
>she suddenly stands up and goes to her bedroom
>turns out it was midnight and she wanted to sleep
o-okay, Mipha is cuter anyway

try it in lightning too if you can

I don't think I'll be able to stretch out the effect that long but we'll see

Don't forget about the Tetraforce:
▲ ▲
▲ ▲

you could always reload..

Not him but there's no reason to think that lightning will behave any differently. Even though the Thunder Helm has a uniquely stated "Lightning-proof" bonus, it's functionally identical to whatever the set bonus for the Rubber Armor is.

So the electric lizals can't hurt me with their area of effect. I'm in Akkala now so I'll see if I can get a lighting strike. Next I'll go to Zora's Domain and get shot with electric arrows and then I'll see if Farosh's balls will phase me

Okay lightning strikes still hurt me

that's actually not true at all. the shockproof ability of the rubber armor means you stop dropping your weapons. thunderhelm gives this as well, but you still take damage (i think?) whereas the rubber armor's individual ability is lowering the damage from electricity, regardless of the shocked status
only the thunderhelm works on straight up from-the-sky lightning

You are wrong.

Nice, looks like level-3 shock resistance = shockproof.
according to , i'm right. but it's all secondhand so i could be wrong about any of it.

I've tanked lightning with the rubber armor bonus, or at least that's what I'm remembering. I'll hop on again to be sure.

Shock arrows hurt me if they make contact but I don't drop my weapons and standing in water doesn't hurt me if they impact close by and do the area of effect thing

Go to the area outside Rito Village with all the trees. Then use the spin2win power attack from a bladed 2 handed weapon, chop down all the gras, and you're bound to get at least 20 or so wheat

Here's the recipe if you want it

Farosh's balls either aren't hitting me or aren't doing anything to me, I can't tell which

Replace your apple with Monster Extract, and you'll have a shot at a 30:00 duration

i'm sure you tanked it, shrugged it off, and didn't drop your weapons. but you still took damage.

what the fuck? nothing i ever make (without dragon parts or monster extract) gives me a nice long duration like that. but then i never make elemental resistance items... does the apple actually contribute in that recipe?

here's one of the arrow shots. I deleted the picture of the lightning strike accidentally so I'm trying to get a new one

The apple only gives hearts.
1 Zapshroom is worth 2 Voltfruit.

And the lightning strike.
So a triple resist will make you immune to electric side effects but won't save you from lightning. Good to know for when I kill thunderblight again.

>Now I'm trying to make a level 2 fireproof elixer but it doesn't seem possible
I made one using the fireproof butterflies, don't remember if it was also during a blood moon.

A second recipe. I wonder if I can get triple cold and heat resists too, I've never gotten better than a double of those effects.

Someone tell me where I can go for constant lightning strikes. Akkala and Faron are being snotty.

and yes naborus is kaput

Did you do the thunder plateau shrine south of Rito? Even if yes try there

Butterflies will do level 2.

You can get a level 2 @ 30 min using lizards if you use Monster Extract to boost the effect.

Blood moon will boost a lizard recipe too, but it has random possible boost, and only one of the possibilities is a level 2 result.

I think he got a critical cook. You know, when you get that special jingle. It's random unless there's a blood moon.

nevertheless, is it just a characteristic of this particular stat that its items tend to last a while? strength and defense sure don't

Cold/warm/fire won't got to level 3 no matter what. Just as well since the environment never gets that bad anyhow.

necluda jungle? i assume that's what you meant by faron since I say that all the time
I mean, I say Firone..

You can probably do 4 voltfruit with 1 zapshroom.
I forget for electro, but I know for sure about 4 peppers with 1 sunshroom.

Do you try to deal with flying guardians or do you just run past them?

those weren't done with criticals if I remember correctly, I'm usually not at a pot when a blood moon comes around. You could try recreating the recipe if you want.

is that what that jingle means? i used to get that sucker often, but never with anything where i'd actually notice the dif
but given our experimentation here, it stands to reason that level 3 cold or fire might protect you from fire and ice arrows' burning or freezing effects..

i think it's interesting that even with freezeproof you're never immune to cold water. makes sense at least in the case of the rito outfit since it's not magic or anything it's just a thick down-stuffed jacket

You can, but it's all about which ingredients. To make life easy I tend to use Monster Extract in everything lately, because I can bake anything at a 30min duration.

I might try an ancient shaft if I'm feeling savy but usually I just run past because I can't fight them without wasting arrows and bows.

i haven't decided yet. I used to avoid them like the plague. and it's still kind of fun dodging them
the few times i've fought them outright, i made sure I had a nice ledge they refused to fly higher than, so I could slash them up close with the ol' master sword or huck bombs at them or whatever.
proper ones flying around.. i might ancient arrow them
i've tried many a combination of strength and defense items and i always get 4:30 or 4:50

Your clothing can do level 3, but even it won't protect you that much just from the environmental buff. You have to get armor set boosts to get those results, which are kinda different altogether.

I'll share a quick list I've got here.
I forget how much I've tested. Meat has higher effects than veggies, but my personal experiments are about using the cheapest ingredients on hand when possible.
Keep in mind that sometimes Monster Extract will backfire and ruin an result.

Fireproof Elixir
3x Fireproof Lizard
1x Moblin Guts
1x Monster Extract

Spicy Fruit and Mushroom Mix
2x Spicy Pepper
2x Sunshroom
1x Monster Extract

Chilly Friut and Mushroom Mix
2x Hydromelon
2x Chillshroom
1x Monster Extract

Mighty Friut and Mushroom Mix
2x Mighty Bananas
2x Razorshroom
1x Monster Extract

Hasty Friut and Mushroom Mix
2x Fleet Lotus Seeds
2x Rushroom
1x Monster Extract

Electro Friut and Mushroom Mix
2x Voltfruit
2x Zapshroom
1x Monster Extract

Tough Mushroom Skewer
4x Ironshroom
1x Monster Extract

Sneaky Fried Wild Greens
1x Blue Nightshade
3x Silent Princess
1x Monter Extract

I've gotten triple attack and defense boosts with crabs and fish with enough space for a monster extract or dragon piece easily. Ten minutes walking down the southern shores and you'll have enough to make a dozen dishes. Three crabs is generally enough for a triple boost

With all the areas explored and all the dungeons beaten and Ganon made into a little bitch the only thing left now to do is cook endlessly
We have become the old man.

>A cute Minish girl will never develop a crush on you.

Okay, I finally got some lightning around the Spring of Courage. Put on some conducting equipment and my fully upgraded Rubber Armor

The lightning

did

NOTHING

Seriously, try it for yourself. No damage, no recoil. Unshockable=lightning proof.

There goes all the threat Thunderblight ever posed to me. I only got my ass kicked in that fight because I kept getting hit as I tried to pick up my dropped weapons.
You know you're fucking up when Urbosa starts sounding worried

if clothing truly has level 3, then it sure doesn't show it in the menu. it distinctly shows only 2 levels.

although it just occurred to me that if the attack sets don't truly give you level 3 attack then you could still actually benefit from a potion, which as far as I know you can't

I fought him so under-prepared, I should be embarrassed by it. He was my first dungeon boss. I used no elixirs or food buffs. My only full costume was the Vai outfit, so that's what I wore. My strategy was basically to run sideways for defense.

thanks! i'll give those a try. i might also experiment more with strength and defense elixirs, but in my experience elixir ingredients are too rare and not worth it.

dont forget killing every miniboss!
oh.. well alright then! good to know.
just so you know though, this conflicts with almost everything i've read online, from peoples' personal experiences. for example threads about "why bother with the thunder helm when you can just use the rubber suit" and multiple people insisting rubber suit doesnt work on lightning

It varies by which buff it touches.

If my flameproof formula is any indicator, you can boost the crappiest elixir ingredients with just Monster Extract. Also, sometimes you can throw food ingredients into your elixirs.

i actually went out of my way and used a guide to get the rubber suit for that one
i still remember thunderblight kicking my ass from here to timbuktu. no real danger of game over, but still batting me around like a toy
>sometimes you can throw food ingredients into your elixirs.
now THAT is interesting, given that the game goes out of its way to tell you otherwise.

I've heard stuff like this before as well, but I've also seen others correcting those that claim otherwise.

I urge you or at least one other person in this thread at least to try it yourself and back me up lol

yeah, i think that's the lesson we should glean from this: you can't just blindly follow what you hear.
i love how we're all researchers working together on this huge game

I fully upgraded my house but Bolson and his apprentice are still sitting outside.
Please how do I get rid of these guys /lozg/, I don't want faggots around my house.

You have to build Tarrytown. Then they leave to go there. They will stay there until you disturb them.

Thank you so much.
I have been avoiding my house because of this.

Not him but yeah, it's interesting. Some of the plant ingredients can go into elixirs. Makes sense, right?

Although I'll be surprised if anyone manages to chuck some meat into a successful elixir