NEW SUPRA RUMORS

Toyota is now rumored to be offering a manual option
Also earlier rumors about a BMW sourced straight six have been dismissed, and the new rumor is that it will be powered by a turbo V6, possibly 2GR-GTE?

GET HYPE
motorauthority.com/news/1112278_new-information-says-2019-toyota-supra-will-get-a-manual-transmission-turbo-v-6-engine#image=100590319

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K_1Dj0OrxYE
youtube.com/watch?v=JnYvEqHNAAY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That render looks really... short somehow?

bad perspective. if that was real the car would be nearly square.
>spongebob suprapants

Here's another render from the same forum

Why is there that indentation on the roof? Looks like it was dropped on its head.

STAY BTFO TOYOTAFAGS

A E R O D Y N A M I C S
???

That looks even worse. I really hope the car doesn't end up looking like that

I think it looks bold, I like the flowing lines, but again this is only some autist's render

>not liking double bubble
Imagine being so pleb

Looks like it has an ass for a head.

The lines are good but it just looks so boxy, like an econobox with a bodykit. They shoudl've made it longer. Doesn't look like a sports car at all

They probably wanted to keep dimensions down due to not wanting to dwarf the MKIV, also with the rumored turbo V6, they wouldn't need that much spaced under the hood

It's so you can wear a helmet.

D I G I T A L R E N D E R
I
G
I
T
A
L

R
E
N
D
E
R

that looks proportionate at least.

>V6

DROPPED

You shut your whore mouth, the 2GR is a good tier motor

Thank fuck they're not going with the BMW engine, that would have ruined the reliability of it

>manual

looks a little strange. I'd like if they elongated the hood by another foot by moving the cabin further back

I'll stick with my 3k civic.

>confirming what every sain person knew was going to happen

Wow, big fucking surprise

What's next? Going to confirm the B58 or actually have the successor to the N55 powering it?

Honestly, anyone who thinks the rumors of the auto only and the interior shots of the test mules as confirmation was a fucking idiot.

Just give me a NA v6 for 45k

its only a worthy successor if i can boost it to 1000hp

>Supra
>V6

This is going to be as big of a disappointment as the new NSX.
>inb4 b-b-but the new NSX is good!!1!!!1!!

No word on hybrid fuckery so there goes that theory
>the NSX isn't good
Did you even read the article? They already said the earlier rumor of a BMW I6 have been dismissed

I'd rather an NA V6 than a turbo-4 as a base engine. The Camaro V6 is pretty fast, this will be even lighter.

I highly doubtful they're going to treat the Supra like a ponycar
All rumors are pointing towards this being a one engine car

>implying

The new supra might seriously be the ugliest, most grotesque car ever created.

Top kek. How can you call Toyota reliable when they can't even finish the 24 hours of Le Mans

How can you call a BMW reliable when they start falling apart at literally the end of the factory warranty period?

>tfw Z4 looks better than Supra

Burn! Savage

>Assmad Toyota fan spotted

Samefag spotted

>implying

stay mad, boring toyota fangirl

And i thought the new type r was fugly

Racing cars have nothing to do with production cars you 3rd world bench racer

>doesn't post a screen cap to prove otherwise
Pathetic samefag

The renders look like Toyota did their best to copy Ferrari/Pininfarina, but somehow it got lost in translation

>building hype
Inb4 it's overpriced shit

>muh samefagging

I wish, but I am not.

and it is ugly than Z4. Nip design vs German design

>V6
Fucking dropped. Delet this

I'm getting really tired of this angery melted bar of soap meme

The fact that they started out by offering automatic only is stupid in itself.

I'm not sure if this design will ever grow on me, it's like a shitty mid 2000s concept of what the future may hold for the miata, the supra name has always carried reserved looks with monster capabilities and i thimk this will be the opposite on both ends

There is nothing magical about an i6 dude. it just packages worse.

How does that Supra render look worse than a bloated econobox with black trim and red piping all over it. Type R is disgusting

They never did, just like this report it was nothing more than unverified rumor. Wait for actual facts rather than sperging over random internet shit.

looks like a gt86 with a body kit

>Honda pours billions into making their new supercar into a fucking spaceship with more technology than an F22 and more lines of code than Windows 10
>amerilards from ohio put fatass tyres onto something with a huge engine and kick their asses

God bless America

reminds me too much of the 370z

Honda spent 11 years to make NSX. Sad!

Except the 370Z actually looks good.

By that logic, how are rotary engines unreliable when they won Lemans, once?

no u

DORIGITAL RENDOR

According to this chart, BMW is more reliable than Mazda.

Supra is going to be competing with the corvette's price range. I'm guessing the msrp will start at 53kish.

I know I'm going to trigger manual fags, but I have to ask. Why offer manual on a modern day performance car with a hybrid engine? If the hybrid engine was replaced with a petrol engine then I could see a manual option. But performance automatic transmissions are faster than manuals. And you can't even say "it's more fun", this car wasn't designed to go cruising with some curvy roads, it's a track car through and through. Look at the trend most car manufacturers are following with performance cars, manuals are being phased. Shitboxes and economy grade cars will always offer manuals because of cost savings, but manuals in performance cars in 2017 are just not needed. Unless you know something that car makers don't, a performance automatic is superior to a manual.

>automatic faster than a manual
No one is going to argue this. But what's wrong with car manufacturers offering manual as an option? Why must everything be automatic? If I'm going to spend 50k plus for a car, I'm going to get it how I like it, and that's with a manual gearbox.

>NEW SUPRA RUMORS
every fucking year for the last 20 years you fucking child

N E V E R

>no inline 6
>replaced by v6

how is this good idiot?

god damn that looks ugly, what is it with japs taking a shit on otherwise awesome aesthetics?

when will I6 fags go away

According to that chart you are one of GM's real people not actors.

>rumors
Until Toyota actually comes out with an official statement on what exactly the new Supra offers, these threads are nothing but speculation and shitposting.

when engineers make something better than I6 (never)

and so?

There's absolutely nothing confirmed about the Supra.

For two months we were memeing it would be auto only and have a hybrid drivetrain now we're going to meme it's a V6.

youtube.com/watch?v=K_1Dj0OrxYE

See that? Hear that? Yeah, BMW forums have been raving about this for a couple months now because it sounds like an inline 6 and it may either be the N55 successor or a B58, which multiple articles have also stated.

youtube.com/watch?v=JnYvEqHNAAY

better sounding one

Sounds like a bpu Mk 4 in some of those clips tbqh

because most people wont race production car, most people will be unable to drive to is limit without dying and it might be slower than a chevy badged Cadillac with a manual.

Why did they make it so fucking uggo? This applies to every new car. I genuinely can't understand. Is it intentional?

Well, Toyota isn't really trying to appeal to the old Supra fanbase. This car is clearly being made to attract a new customer base.

>It looks like a chewed up piece of bubblegum
Shocker.

*okay