/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

>BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7
>Common misconceptions about Shadow of Chernobyl game mechanics
metacognix.com/stlkrsoc/WhatYouKnowThatAintSo.html
>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat.

Lost to the Zone:
(embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
oyblinartandstuff.tumblr.com/post/160991808559/i-dont-know-whether-i-was-right-or-wrong-i
youtube.com/watch?v=B0qXOAPcLyk
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/commits/687109c40ed167ebc380bcd3713e7b26c5d42432
youtube.com/watch?v=qE7xPCI0wUI
mega.nz/#!pds2EKJZ!mTV9vH0zJWindvwdVOqdP8nKCKxWY6xDGOp-D3V9_EA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrading Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
gist.github.com/v1ld/1b019056471abcec23c2efdd5d3ef6d8
>Joint Pak 2
gist.github.com/v1ld/786a2b61296273dac2fe5aeba858b1a7
>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

How hard is to install CoC with windows 10?

Its been a while since modded STALKER. Im itching to get some VSS and chill at a campfire.

oh shit about time
was wondering if i was going to have to make one.

why would it be any harder to install because you use win10?

it's unpack, patch and play.

So stil gotta fuck around the registry and download downgrade patch to play?
I'm unfamiliar with windows10 I've been using a pentium 4 computer for 8 years and I just got this PC and I am scared.

Why does the depressing food in Stalker look so tasty?

The fucking Tourist's Delight is just a simple, unmarked can, and it looks delicious.

oyblinartandstuff.tumblr.com/post/160991808559/i-dont-know-whether-i-was-right-or-wrong-i

So stil gotta fuck around the registry and download downgrade patch to play?

just use -skip_reg on the launcher shortcut

>downgrade patch
no, coc is standalone.
this isnt AMK we're talking about, you're clearly confused. try reading.

Does CoC have some mechanic for increasing difficulty linked either to time or value of your equipment or something? I've noticed that as my run has gone on Monolith have started showing up everywhere and every other mutant spawn is a chimera or pseudogiant.

>6 months
>six months
>one hundred and eighty days

Okay thank you, ill try later. I always can count on you Stalkers.

can anybody explain me why

alun_utils.create_squad("army_sim_squad_veteran","esc_smart_terrain_2_12")

creates an army squad at the rookie village but they are hostile only to me and loners ignore them as well?

youtube.com/watch?v=B0qXOAPcLyk

cringe

you sure that smart terrain is in the actual rookie village?
i've never seen a squad spawn inside the village.

> but they are hostile only to me and loners ignore them as well?

rookie village has a no combat radius on it.

bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/call-of-chernobyl/commits/687109c40ed167ebc380bcd3713e7b26c5d42432

you can edit that file if you want to change it

just spawned a bunch of zambo's in the debug menu at esc_smart_terrain_2_12
it's smack dab in the middle of the pathway in the center of rookie village.
i have never seen milfags spawn there before though.

what file says
alun_utils.create_squad("army_sim_squad_veteran","esc_smart_terrain_2_12")

?

Whats the longest uve lasted in iron man mode coc? I keep dying after i get some gooood shit

Find yourself
Kill yourself

Doom VSS guy here, Question to the kind stalker who gave me the resource.

Is it possible to change the color of the model? a bit more lighter grey? Its a bit too dark, clean up taking more work than expected. Thought to ask.

cant you just do that with the textures u have
in photoshop?

I tried but too much contrast and in game, still looks too black in certain spots.

hi i'm that user
i can probably do something in a little while.

an will post a pic asking if it's better

Thanks, Doom color pallete is a bit strange, much appreciated.

every time

Just want to give my appreciation to this thread. It inspired me to play through SoC with the complete mod. Awesome game. Going to wait for misery 2.2 to give CoP a try.

>3 stoners
no surprise bro

Strelok qt. I'd give money for that.

I'm at a point in the game where I'm building a squad to head to Pripyat, I have Vano and Strider so far. Where can I get more people to join?

Recruit heavy weapon guy, duty guy he has a huge machine gun.

Sokolov, the guy in the scientist bunker, is the only one left to get

Stock up with VSS ammo, if you want them to live you gonna save a bit and make sure you kill everything first. They kinda suck at killing.

I found that comment on another forum, it's not bait at all, someone was actually that misinformed

Thanks

can someone make a stalker version of this.

is CS worth playing or do I go onto CoP?

So are companions possible in CoM? It seems like they might make it a little too easy

>the guy who is supposed to give me the pipe for the flamethrower in jp2 disppeared
god fucking dammit

I'd say it's worth a playthrough. Spent around 25 hours in it. It doesn't feel quite like the other Stalker games, but it's still a good game.

Is OGSE 0693 playable as is or does it need some tweaks or addons like a weapons pack or something?

What's with the anomaly-like distortions all over the Army Warehouses in CoC? Was it that way in CS or something?

IIRC they're psi fields from CS

this is a snap of the same texture but with some daylight in the scene.

the metal parts of the vintorez are black. so it's supposed to be dark.

if this isnt light enough i can try using a spotlight.

>flamethrower
>stalker

what mod? does it look shit?

Im doing the semenov research hunt for the ecologists but semenov isnt doing jack. What is he supposed to be doing? im killing mutants and hes just standing around...

>for the flamethrower in jp2 disppeared
>in jp2

Does anybody have those old VN style pics on S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?

if you value your time then no

better to spend 20 hours on soc mods than clear sky

See the first 30s of this
youtube.com/watch?v=qE7xPCI0wUI
You can stop posting that to every thread.

mega.nz/#!pds2EKJZ!mTV9vH0zJWindvwdVOqdP8nKCKxWY6xDGOp-D3V9_EA

I had never seen that. It's the same as what I was thinking of, but I remember the pictures with the yandere stalker girl with the bloody knife.

>playing Lost Alpha DC latest version
>OMG BTR FOR 0.5M Galactic Credits
>fuck it no time to farm
>kill all duty in sight and sell their stuff
Haven't left the Bar yet, how fucked am I story and gameplay-wise?

>how fucked am I story and gameplay-wise?
>playing Lost Alpha
Very.

I felt horrible and reloaded the save.

yes, after in-game week spawns get more hardcore

clear sky is unironically my favorite stalker game

Cool thanks.

It's made me a wealthy Slav, repairing and selling Monolith guns and selling piles of mutant parts to Sakharov.

It has a really interesting sort of atmosphere about it. Also the faction bases are unmatched in comfy value.

does stuttering heavily effect other anons stamina as well or is it just me? totally new newb question here btw playing com

yes

I know this doesnt happen in vanilla but why dont bandits ever spawn at the bar? I thought it was supposed to be a "hostility free zone".

yeah man start running, hit area where lot of loading occurs (zaton ship area) when the stutter stops your stamina is completely gone.

if your pc isnt a fucking potato, push out your switch distance a bunch and play on an ssd

Duty

death to an*rchists

and bandits

Does anyone have any challenges/rules/mods they use in CoC, self-imposed or otherwise?
I'm really getting the hang of Ironman, actually worrying about combat is great. Savescumming just takes all the fun out of it now. But I'm also getting sick of losing characters right after my second gear upgrades because of stupid shit spawning inside a group of hostiles on map change. Working through hobo phase is becoming mechanical but I still haven't gotten to explore the north much. I also wonder if I didn't mod my damage rates so high with Warfighter and Smarch that Ironman becomes impractical on maps with less cover and lots of high rank enemies.

Just having a hard time finding a mod setup and game plan that I'm really satisfied with.

Does its gun work? Have they improved the handling of the other cars?

There should be a mod that makes it so when you die you have the option to start again with a new character from a different faction but with the world left as it was when your last character died. That way you could go loot your old characters stashes but would have the issue of having to put up with other factions. The penalty is each time you die you must pick a faction that is an enemy of the faction your last character was. so as you collect more and more useful shit and stash it around it becomes harder and harder to retrieve it if you die (maybe the longer into game time-wise more of the old characters friends will spawn around wherever he left his shit). Eventually after dying so many times and starting a new character the only option would be to play as Monolith but you would have unlimited respawns as them.while easier factions like duty or freedom might allow 1 character, harder factions to play as like bandits would allow multiple respawns but not infinite. Or when you die you start a completely new "world" just as with current iron man mode. i dunno.

what is Azazel mode?

Did you use any Mods besides Srp ? I don't know if it's unstable with AO for Clearsky.

Currently playing sgm lost soul, getting around 40fps. Can somebody tell me how to get better fps?

there is a merge in the repo

turn off SGM anomalies and mines

turning down other gfx settings like sun shadows, sun quality and sun rays if turning off the anomalies and mines doesnt help enough

SGM 2.2 all in one english is good yeah?

Whats the difference in the other versions.

I, a stalker known as the Marked One,

swear to defend the goals and ideals of Duty.

To protect the Earth from the dangers of the Zone, to seek out and destroy anything it spawns within and beyond its borders.

To fight any nonconformists, be they individual stalkers or groups.

And to give my life in the name of justice and order on Earth!

Nice, didn't knew that.

Where can I find russian subtitles of enemy taunts and talk? I know how to read russian but I can't make it out by listening yet

So in Dynamic Shaders 2.0, turning off DOF seems to cause a ton of graphical artifacts to appear on foliage. It basically looks like a ton of white-blue-ish pixels on the edges of the textures. Aiming down the sights also causes this issue regardless of whether or not DoF is on.

Has anyone had this issue before, and if so what was your solution? I'm running 1.0005. Also running ZRP and PRZ.

Not my image but this is the same problem.

What is the best DX to use?

Thoughts on the Autumn Aurora + AMK merge mod?

DX10.1 activate using the console

>prz

somewhere inside gamedata thete should be a .bat file that deletes ALL grafix, open it with notepad to see what deletes and do it by hand one by one until it runs good enough for you

holy shit why didnt i know about this? Why isnt there such a thing for CoM?

Already saw that but thats just sky textures, and my load on gpu is fine.
seems to work for now. Even though I got some dips in the church in the swamp.

also what do the chickens do? just easter egg?

whats the command?

Because CoM is still based on 1.4.16

Update never.

Azazel + Survival is fun

shoot one and find out.
make a save before hand tho

y? are they dangeruss?

just pet them first and you'll be fine

Is there a point in the game when I can finally sell my weapons. I have a stack full of them

top kek

>Haven't played S.T.A.L.K.E.R in 13 months.
>Getting that urge again.
I could just hop into CoC, but I've seen some shit about some Call of Misery thing that is apparently not shit like Misery was.
Apologies if I'm just being retarded, I'm outta the loop.

Once you get to Call of Pripyat areas, Owl will be the first merchant you can trade guns with.

But even then, he seems to have weird requirements, like buying certain things at really low durability but not other things at max durability. Regardless, you should still collect as much as possible since you'll need to give spare guns to the mechanics so they have parts for repairs and upgrades, that's what the big green safe is for in front of Cardan and behind Nitro, and that dialog about "Orphan" guns is about.

Unless you have a really nice translation and the phrase "kor. box" makes sense, then where the hell did you get that since I'm playing with Google translate from Russian, to German, to Chinese, to English levels of broken.

dutyfags gtfo

why no orange trashbag?

This mod is the dankest meme.

Nice arms idiot.