More power

I own a 2006 mustang v6 convertible and want to get as much power out of it as possible

I already have a factory installed dual exhaust and I'm looking into a cool air Intake and a tuner.

The obvious answer is to get a v8 but I don't have the money, and installing a turbo or super charger would putt to much strain on the transmission

What what else can I do anons?

If you don't want more power than the transmission can take then you obviously know where your obstacle is. The cheapest way to make power is with nitrous and I'm sure you only want to make power when you get laughed at for having a v6 convertible presumably automatic mustang. Put a 50 pound wet shot on it.

You could sell that and get a V8 for less than a supercharger installed.

V6 owners need to realize they've made their choice already. Don't bother trying to turn it into a hotrod.

If you can afford to supercharge it then you can afford to sell it and buy a V8

Sorry but there's literally no option besides buying a V8 without spending more money that you claim not to have. Enjoy having a reliable daily driver car that is modern and save your money for more practical things towards getting ahead in life.

Otherwise sell it for the 6000-8000 it's worth and buy an older v8. Ideally a 99-04 4.6 or a foxbody or 94-95 5.0 car. That is if you want to stay with mustangs.

F O X
O
X

B O D Y
O
D
Y

Could you possibly reconfigure the rear differential to add more torque on the ground?

When I posted this thread, I New I would get backlash for having a v6 and it being an automatic but in my defense my parents bought it for me out of the blue and it's my first car

weld it

This guy gets it

>Otherwise sell it for the 6000-8000 it's worth and buy an older v8. Ideally a 99-04 4.6 or a foxbody or 94-95 5.0 car. That is if you want to stay with mustangs.

'78-04 Mustangs are AWFUL compared to the 2005+. Many of those GTs don't even have as much power as the newer V6. I own a 2004 GT and there's a goddamn reason my car's worth half of what a 2005 GT is.

He could sell that car for $5-6K and a 2005+ V8 would only been a couple grand more. That's the correct route.

Your parents are disappointed that they didn't get a girl.

jk that's actually pretty rad that they'd just buy a car for you. For real though there's nothing that will ever change what your car is so learn to love being slow for a couple years and I'm sure they won't mind if you upgrade to something else.

You could change gearing but that'd just give you a tiny bit more acceleration. Plus it costs money.

Then thank your parents and drive the nice free car. Anything you do to a V6 isn't going to be a significant performance increase. You're faster than a base import sedan already. Just resist the urge to be a boy racer until you can sell the car and get a V8.

Also, V6 Mustangs are already fairly worthless, dollar-wise. Don't mod it or it'll become REALLY worthless. The people who buy used V6 Mustangs are usually girls who want a cool looking car and nothing more. They're not going to be interested that you spent a thousand dollars to give it an extra 15HP.

Not sure where you're living but the 99-04 GT's value have started spiking up here in the midwest anyway.
Everyone wants them now for boost builds, fun daily drivers, or LS swaps. People like the mfor the way they look too. Op isn't going to be able to afford to buy an 05+ GT anyway for what he'll sell his V6 for. The 99-04 GT still has more potential than the 4.0 V6 by far.

My 2001 GT i Had back in 2006 I just had full bolt ons, 3.73 gears, 100 shot, and a tune for 3 years. Ran 12.30's consistently. Only thing I ever actually broke was the stock clutch.
Was a 13.2 car on motor, quick enough to have fun and was super reliable.

4.0 V6 makes what - 208hp?
Technically still less and a lot less torque than even the shittest V8 mustangs.

+ he's mentioning modding. The 94-95 5.0s only make like 215 but are extremely woken up by heads/cam/intake and a tune which is all cheap for those with how huge the 5.0 aftermarket is.

The 5.0 is honestly the best bang for buck to date. I went from my 2v car to a 92 Fox and had heads, cam, bolt ons,stall, and an auto. Car made 322whp and would run 11.90's all day on shitty nittos. Had no top end but was a great hole shot car.

I live in the New England area. I bought my '04 GT for $4350 and I see them going for less now. 2005+ are in the $6-8K range with high miles.

I don't just mean the engine. The interior and chassis of the 2005 is so much better than the '04 and older. I'd dump mine in a second if I could find anyone who's give me more than I paid for it.

OP barely knows about cars and probably just started driving. He don't want a drag racing shitbox.

Put your trip back on, Autism.

Save your fuckin' money, put the stock stuff back on it, sell it, buy an econobox, and save for a v8.

Turn your trip back on, autism. Also, you're fucking retarded.

change the rear end. put in a drag ratio. Really not much you can do.

>implying
I'm fine with the power my v6 shitstang makes. What I want is better handling.

Straight pipe it from the headers back. The lower backpressure bc of the lack of cata will free up some ponies. Any beaner muffler shop will do it for under $150.

Funny how wanting better handling on a V6 convertible fagstain doesn't make you any less of a retard.

That's why I'm probably gonna sell it and buy something with better power and handling