/pubg/ - PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS General

If you have higher than 1% winrate you're better than average edition. (Also brand new OP image)

PUBG is a battle royale style game, based on realistic FPS combat. The lead designer is the modder that made ARMA BR and worked on h1z1.

>Game site
playbattlegrounds.com/main.pu

>FPS guide and general tweaks
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=889517165

>Dev's twitter
twitter.com/battleroyalemod?lang=en

>Wiki
battlegrounds.gamepedia.com/PLAYERUNKNOWNS_BATTLEGROUNDS_Wiki

>Discord server for finding people to play with
discord.gg/p73xNDv

Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/uln79
twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/867041670101180416
steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1271550628459839077
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So how much stable will the game be with the update in the 25th

is there a changelog yet?

FPS wise? I don't see huge gains coming, but the averages will probably be higher.

Server wise? Still going to be garbage fire tier until June and probably even after.

There should be First person only servers

Third person view gives way too much benefits

>Gives way too much benefits
Which are available to EVERYONE including you. So fucking use them.

It's like those retards that open the door standing right in front of it instead of off to the side and wonder why someone lights them the fuck up.

Yup, which is why everyone is camping, and tree fights are played out so boringly (just like h1z1).

It's cancer, 1st person servers are needed.

>tfw going through a house with all doors shut and med kits and other obvious shit anyone would pick up lying about so I let my guard down and run into a closed bathroom with a naked guy with a shotgun standing in the tub nervously and get a head full of lead

This shit has happened more than once and I never learn.

clear those corners rookie

>h1z1 player

Real damage charts WHEN?

SPEEDY SPEED BOY

>FIRST PERSON WILL SAVE US FROM CAMPING
Really? The only thing first person forced will reduce is corner/bush camping and getting visual detail on player positioning while inside buildings (footsteps are loud enough in this game where it's really not all that necessary in the first place).

Know what will increase way more? People trained on door camping inside of buildings, and upstairs camping. Like 100x fold. Now you'll have zero advantage going into any high ground situation and WILL need stuns/frags to try and fish someone out. Hope you have enough stuns for every single building with a second floor you try to loot :^)

Did they lower the sounds of footsteps/doors? Had a game a little while ago where I entered one of those one room + bathroom houses. I checked peeked in the bathroom quickly and when I turned back around there was a guy crouched in the corner next to the door. Didn't hear shit. Everything else sounds just as loud though.

They still sound loud AF to me, but I also have my EQ settings on my sound card to slightly emphasize low frequency stuff so I can really pick up the bassy thumps of movement.

Threadly reminder that the Kar is objectively the most fun weapon

can you drink in a moving car as a passenger yet?

yet? does that imply this is planned or something you hope for

No but they should let you pile your wounded onto a car so you can save them.

Also big trucks when

>be me
>can't even see the guy your shooting at

Sick hax brosef

A moonlit version of the island.

Almost complete darkness.

Glowsticks, flashlights and flares.

The scariest multiplayer horror game, only more terrifying

House camping doesn't matter, since the actual camping is behind trees and in bushes.

Don't go into houses... Fucking obtuse retard.

I dunno it seems like something that should obviously be possible, just that their coding doesn't make it possible yet, same with not being able to trade items with teammates while in a car.

It's because of the shitty quality webm. There's half of lvl2 helmets visible. They blend in to the rocks with the vid quality

And tree camping isn't deterred at all because most people will camp in areas with a large amount of trees, can still track players via sound, and odds are due to the opponent's reduced FOV as well, will not see a player's head peeking out of a tree to get vision.

Have you even played the game?
You stand behind a tree, and nobody can approach you, because you don't have to peak to get any information. Then you also have the huge peaker advantage, so you're practically invincible behind a tree.

>Nobody can approach you
Usually areas with trees are dense enough for players to want to camp, otherwise it leaves them exposed to the other sides they're not watching. That also means it's dense enough for a player to potentially bait out shots and still get into cover. This draws attention to the shooting player, as well as gives the other player his location so he can heal up if necessary and return fire.

Also the peek advantage isn't really all that big since guns need enough space to clear, and so leaning usually presents their head clearly.

Now that same scenario in first person? Player one still doesn't expose himself, listens for the other player. If the direction the player is moving isn't directly in line, he can feel confident to lean out and look, as the second player will likely not see him due to the reduced FOV first person gives. Then that player can decide if it's a good opportunity to shoot, or just to lean back in and wait, now having a better picture of where his target is.

Pretty much nothing changes, and if anything makes it harder for the second player because at least while running in a dense tree'd area, he has a wide enough FOV between third person and alt look to know precisely where the shot came from. With first person, he'll only have a rough idea, and will have to further expose himself to not only find that other player, but also return fire.

You retards keep thinking 1st person forced will change the game, and it fucking won't. Anyone who's played any hardcore mode in any game will tell you otherwise. It becomes even campier.

It's a huge change, you're just too retarded and biased to admit to it.
The shit you just said isn't based on any logic, the logical hoops you must've gone through to try to come up with that bullshit is pretty impressive.

>every window sill ever has blocked the entirety of my shotgun blasts
>see this shit

You can at least try when you shitpost.

Facts about this game

> pistols are useless after you find your first long gun, it's better to drop them so you don't accidentally switch to them when you are trying to draw your second long gun
> same thing goes for grenades, they are virtually always a waste of time/space
> 686 is the best shotgun, without question
> ideal load out is AR (or sniper rifle but ONLY if you have a long range optic)/shotgun
> there is no reason to carry a SMG when a shotgun is available
> it's better to avoid contact until you're in the top 20, even if you have a clean shot
> the supply drop is NEVER worth the risk

>same thing goes for grenades, they are virtually always a waste of time/space

You can all safely stop reading this post right here.

How to play like a bitch.

Theres more to this game than winning. Getting 8 kills is more rewarding than getting one or two kills and sneaking to 2nd place.

Supply drop is ALWAYS worth it

>he doesn't run around with a silenced pistol shooting out windows in pochinki to spook the campers

>hey lets check out what vg thinks about battlegrounds
>shitposting
what did I expect

streamable.com/uln79

>twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/867041670101180416

i want to fuck vss

kek

steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1271550628459839077

>thinking these even matter when they dont get new servers
>shiggy

All these changes are nothing if they dont get new servers

who are you quoting good sir

Anyone who thinks these patches matter until they invest in servers

IS THE PATCH ON YET?

>This patch will be deployed to the Stable Servers on Thursday, May 25, 5PM KST/1AM PDT/8AM UTC and is expected to take approx. 1 hour to complete.

>shotgun fully loaded
>turn corner
>guy in my face
>reticle perfectly centered on him
>left click
>shotgun cocks
>dead

What

in

the

actual

fuck

is

this

shit.

Indeed, that other fucker is trying to shill people.

Horde reward point or spend them for dirty t-shirts?

pray for camo jackets and sell them for dosh

I had that happen except it didn't fire and took 3 seconds of pressing buttons to cock. The enemy didn't fire at me, probably had the same problem.

I want snow, night, and fog.

Hardcore mode when

>First person only
>No UI except the blue
>Map only by opening map screen
>No message to say if you killed someone
>No idea of how many are left
>If you reload a mag it stays with low bullets

>teammate: NO, I CAN'T FIGHT, I DON'T HAVE ALL ATTACHMENTS FOR MY M416 AND KAR98, DON'T ENGAGE THE GUYS 30 METERS FROM US AND UNAWARE WE'RE HERE

My teammate:
>"People at close 250. I only have a pistol"
> "alright, wait a sec-"
>"Got one, I'm down"

>grenades, they are virtually always a waste of time/space

what is the best drop point to learn how to stop being a bitch and try to be more aggressive? don't say school

I prefer millitary base or bunkers.

>teammate: throwing a grenade
>me: don't do it fuckhead you're retarded and always blows yourself/teammates up
>teammate: shut the fuck up
>user has been knocked out by FRAG GRENADE
>teammate (in the open and taking shots): REVIVE ME NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW

>TEAMMATE LOOTING IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIREFIGHT

COME THE FUCK ON HOW STUPID ARE YOU NIGGER

What's your rank buddy :) ?
It's pretty clear from your post that you don't know what you are talking about

Not him, but
>rank meaning anything

You can get to high ranking with never even picking up a gun.

>Fixed a bug that caused vehicles to be spawned in garages consistantly. Vehicles should be spawned at a higher rate in garages, but not at 100%
This makes me genuinely upset, why would they add even more RNG to a game, it completely removes any form of consistency. Reddit is celebrating this shit because they are all shitters and like it better if everyone is screwed instead of just themselves.

Yasnaya
Pochinki
Military Base

If the flight goes right over;
Georgopol
Primorsk
Mylta
Severny
Appartments

You don't get into the top 10 by never picking up a gun, I can tell you that from first-hand experience.

most of stuff he said was true.

t. top 100 eu duo/squad

>tfw top 50k on EU
any other GOOD players here?

total scrub.

>most of stuff he said was true.
No it wasn't.

t. top 10 EU duo

>join squad solo for the lulz
>get teamed with a guy that sounds like he's about to die, shit his intestines out or missing his daily fix
>has open mic

lel

>teammate literally will not stop looting when a fight breaks out next door

Well , some of his stuff was true.

and some of it isn't, dang!

Will we see bikes some time?

>It's a "I shoot the guy a bunch of times and then he headshots me in one shot" episode

Wow thank you user for your stupid input.

anyone have a good guide to mapping out the distances ?

I certainly don't, that was my first time trying it out and I just got lucky.

I heard they were adding a rangefinder though

>> same thing goes for grenades, they are virtually always a waste of time/space
I have a hard time not believing this to be bait, surely no one is dumb enough to think this(?)
>> there is no reason to carry a SMG when a shotgun is available
False. Vector is currently by the far the best option of CQB.
>> it's better to avoid contact until you're in the top 20, even if you have a clean shot
This is clearly an overexageration, but still not true.
>> the supply drop is NEVER worth the risk
This is probably the dumbest statement. Getting an M24 or an AWP can be gamechanging.

It's pretty easy to wing it when you know that each side of a square is 100m and the diagonal of a square is about 141m

Wrong. Nothing beats shotgun in cqb .

Loot crates arent worth if you already have kar 98 with 8x / 4x. But yeah awp / m24 are fun guns to use.

>Wrong. Nothing beats shotgun in cqb
I guess that depends on what gamemode, I would say it's only superior on solos, but I don't really play that.

>Loot crates arent worth if you already have kar 98 with 8x / 4x
Again in solos, perhaps it isn't worth it, but very much worth it for teambased gamemode. But it's obviously not all crates are worth it, it's very dependant on location etc.

Sure hope they don't add range finders, that'd be stupid.

servers down?

>they already run on the best AWS servers

user, it's their fucking netcode and load balancing, not muh servers

why? they could make them a rare drop just like the other military-grade gear

yep

WHEN ARE THEY FUCKING GOING TO JUST RELEASE BINOCULARS.

JUST MAKE IT THE SAME DROP RATE AS THE VECTOR IF YOU DON'T WANT TO HAVE IT TO ACCESSIBLE.

FUCK.

>Play Solo
>Get 23rd place and a kill
>100+ points

>Play Squad
>Get 6th, a kill, a several assists
>70 points

Why? The games lasted about the same duration, I performed the same, and 6th place with 4 player teams is between 20-24

So is this the definitive battle royale genre game?

>Not going for crate sniping people who try to loot it

anyone want to play with a complete and total scrub?

I didnt say anything about camping but looting loot crate is always risky

Predict what happens next.

Who is "China Numbah Wun!" guy?

You die out of zone

Is there a way I can disable steam overlay for this game only?

AWM*, very different rifles.

5k+ hours of counter-strike will do that to a man.

what's the difference though? one being a larger caliber than the other?

AWP is a modified AW (both fire 7.62 NATO) which is shorter and in black. So it is lighter for law enforcement.
AWM is the original AW chambered in .338 magnum.

literally on the first page when you click on properties in your library