/dsg/ - Demon's/Dark Souls General

>Thought invading as a red would be a good idea
>1.14 patch notes
store.steampowered.com/news/externalpost/steam_community_announcements/1876157984141980396

>Ringed City items checklist
pastebin.com/724E2jEB

>Character Planner
mugenmonkey.com/

>DARK SOULS 3
docs.google.com/document/d/1u8Mak1goSv4g73g16XsWV4sJelDQUatWkP2kcO6GVAA/pub

>DARK SOULS 2
pastebin.com/CAx8Yc8v

>DARK SOULS
pastebin.com/eNY3su63

>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a
imgur.com/a/eSXdv/layout/grid

>BLOODBORNE
pastebin.com/WdLBWD8n

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tfy4svIKQL8Qw3UEW06B3dI8NFgMvi1sA-F5oZC9A-w/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

so how exactly do swordsceries work? Do you get running and rolling attacks with them even if the stave is in your left?

Yes but the only sorceries that have rolling/running attacks are Farron Flashsword and both Darts.

do i do quality of 66/requirement for black knight weapons

Quality is optimal.

>(Censored) For the following words:
>khunt

fucking seriously

66 Str is only for Heavy infusions that can actually take advantage of the improved scaling. Most non-infusable weapons don't get that sort of benefit from the additional Str.

you want to get more than 2~ ar per point invested after 40 otherwise its not worth it.

This is the general guideline I've followed: XX = base requirement

28/40 sharp for everything except:

>60/xx heavy: pre-infusing Strength scaling is 2 letters higher than dex
>60/xx heavy: pre-infusing Strength scaling is 1 letter higher than dex and you will 2H the weapon
>28/40 refined: pre-infuse scaling is equal for dex and strength and you will 2H the weapon
>xx/60 Sharp: dex scaling is 2 letters higher than strength and the strength requirement is below 20.

Anyone up to helping with NG7 Midir? Drop signs before boss, pass dankbowls

>stopping at 60 Dex on Sharp
You have no fucking idea how it works, do you?

Also should add, on PS4

I'm comparing 50 stat investment gains only. That's where most of the softcaps are.

If you want to invest 70+ stats into scaling for your SL120 min max character, go ahead.

>tfw missed the fc

Whats the PVP meta?

Its time to own scrubs.

Does anyone have actual numbers on the stat bonus gains for each point invested?

On D/S or E/A sharp scaling, is it really worth doing something like 10/80 instead of 28/60?

>being a meta slave

Translation
>what are the "popular" button mash weapons that I can use to beat enough steam sale retards with to convince myself that I know how to play the game well, so that I have the confidence to pvp shitpost without feeling wewak

well you can look up a tier chart but that wont necessarily mean you will do the best with those weapons.

Give it to me straight /dsg/...

How is Dark Souls 3?

Dark souls 1 is one of my favorite games of all time. Ive done multiple builds and playthroughs of it.

Hows the pvp?

That's dumb. I get that they are trying to kill defensive play but if I were decked out in tarkus' set I shouldn't have to worry about anything smaller than a greatsword staggering me. Basically that means whomever gets the first hit off wins, doesn't it?

Use a straight sword

Lothric K***ht Sword

I'm sorta new to the DS3 arena, wondering how the ranking system works.

Do you have go undefeated to achieve superior ranks or does a mix of wins and losses work?

Two part question: Can you still advance in mound makers if you haven't joined, but still have vertebra shackles from killing mad phantoms.
If so, what's the most effective way to find mad phantoms and/or shackles?

Fucking Manus is beating my shit up, I don't remember him being this hard on PC

hmmm. where is my free parry /dsg/? I can't seem to find it. i tried 2 times and could not achieve my free parry. perhaps this does not work on the broadsword?

My opinion:

Dark Souls 3 is a sexy mess of conflicting mechanics and ideas being hammered into a style-over-substance framework.

It's extremely beautiful and cinematic, feels great to play and is very rewarding, but is entirely designed around cool visuals rather than solid gameplay or level design. It's missing a lot of things that were in DS1 and DS2 that made the games good, and replaces them awkwardly with the best things from BB.

It's biggest problems are from being almost entirely linear (there are some points where you can skip ahead to later bosses, but it feels like your'e on rails compared to DS1 and especially DS2) and that the gameplay favors flashy tactics and fancy movesets way more than careful planning or customization like DS1 or DS2 did.

The pvp is designed around group clusterfucks. You're supposed to be running through the woods in 5 man invasion groups with lots of chaos going on. The problem is that this makes passive meta-weapon-abusing play extremely powerful, way worse than DS2 ever was. So while the mechanics feel good the actual gameplay is lackluster beyond the PvE.

Story wise, it's a direct sequel to DS1, and shares little/nothing with DS2. It has the least replay value of any title in the game, and is probably the shortest souls game, shorter than DS1 even.

If you want an action game to pick up and play and want a direct sequel to DS1, then play DS3.

But if you're looking for an mechanically-immersive, methodical role play optimization experience that will let you sink 1000 hours into the game, DS3 is not the game for you. It's a fast and loud mess in a good way, but it's still a mess and it gets very boring very fast.

>invade as mad phantom
>just want muh vertebrates
>host already engaged with mad phantom who backs off when i run in because muh honor
>host refuses to kill the other nutcase because muh honor
>finish off the host
>bow
good duel

stupid parryposter

>Basically that means whomever gets the first hit off wins, doesn't it?

Not really, mostly because weapons that do grant poise (anything smaller than a greatsword only has poise on special moves or not at all) are slow enough that if you are using a lighter weapon you can always just dodge.

Also, if you don't kill in a single combo, estus refills instantly and invaders have access to most of their flasks, so it's kind of an RPS regarding healing and poise. Lighter weapons can stun you before you attack or heal, but heavier weapons can poise through lighter weapons, but heavy weapons need to be able to attack quick enough to heal punish if they can't combo to death.

It encourages aggressive play in PvE, but ironically makes passive play in PvP damn near impossible to punish. Shit's not fun.

You're reign ended today summoner.

Just put on black iron armor, artorias great shield and tank that shit.

Whats with the solaire cosplayer running a fight club on Pontif?

I really like Lapp's armor.

grossly incandescent.

Why 28?

I thought the magic number was 27.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tfy4svIKQL8Qw3UEW06B3dI8NFgMvi1sA-F5oZC9A-w/edit?usp=sharing

If you're ever going to go above 40 Dex, you never stop at 60, because the gains pick back up only from 61 onward.

you disgrace the sun

Anyway to transfer the face data of a character without having to copy sliders?

It's a bit too heavy for my taste. I personally like the Vilhems, or Drakeblood sets

Magic number is 27, I said 28 because I was thinking of the Greatsword, which has a 28 minimum requirement, sorry.

>invaders have access to most of their flasks
half is literally not most wtf

Good, fitting as I'm the Lord of Londor. You filthy slave, the age of man is neigh.

Half is plenty. Even if you had 10 full flasks you wouldn't use them all in a single battle unless it was extremely one sided already.

DS3 is balanced under the assumption that you're supposed to be able to kill the other guy without letting him heal, not after he's used all of his flasks.

any way to copy an entire character over to another load spot on the same account so I can just use Rosaria to have a shit ton of different builds?

Do you have numbers for 10 to 40 dex?

Would be better to invest in strength or dex on a sharp weapon that still has some (E or D) strength scaling once you've already reached 40 dex. Is 10/80 better than 40/40 on D/S?

The thing is Invaders also get less health, and usually you're fighting against gankers......

You were nothing.

I defeated you and all you're champions

>you're champions
>you are champions

Drakeblood is excellent.

I use heavier armor a lot, I'm just glad to get one that doesn't make me look fat while still being effective.

So you thought..... as you turn around to proclaim yourself ruler I raise back up, and hornet ring back stab you with my dsga. Darkness for life

To me the big change is the streamlined multiplayer. Anyone can invade right from the start regardless of covenant, which makes the game feel way more active. In DS2 I actually didn't get invaded once on my first play through (besides Belfry). With DS3 the threat of invasion is always present which really makes the game more exciting for me. I just finished the main game last evening and I can honestly say I fucking love Dark Souls 3. I'm 22 hours in and I'm currently stuck fighting Zeus, after that I'll tackle the DLCs.

The question was about whether DS3 poise means that tanking is no longer viable. Since invaders have flasks, tanking is definitely viable because of combo poise meaning that combo-to-death is the most common way to kill someone, and either tanking or running away is the best counter to that strategy.

Only if you ember constantly. If you don't ember then you won't ever see any PvP, that makes it less active for the average player in my opinion.

I see about as much PvP in DS3 now as a normal (only embering for bosses) playthrough than I did in DS2 when you could be invaded while hollow.

is deep protection worth it? seems steep for a dex build..does the protection and whatnot go up with faith?

does power within use the embered or unembered HP when doing it's damage?

fight 1 v 1

I don't like cheaters

>host goes into boss fog before im done buffing him

It's flat. If you can cast it at all you get everything it offers.
Possibly not worth it unless your build already supports it.

Crucifix and Dark Weapon. All the professional high skill, serious MLG competitiors are doing it, it's tournament approved and has a super high performance ceiling.

NO I BEAT YOU.
yes

ok, thanks. doesn't seem worth it, should just dump the points into dex then

do the twin princes deal magic or lightning damage with their spells?

Huh, this actually wasn't too bad and was pretty fun. Only took a couple tries. My friend was making it sound like this fight as hell on earth.
But he also apparently turtles behind a Havel Greatshield all the time so who knows; he probably fought the camera more than anything else.

Yeah well I always stay embered no matter what.

>hitting mutliple direct hits on wounded teammates with projected heal during a bossfight
is there a more satisfying thing on this earth

I'm pretty sure it's magic but I haven't conducted any actual tests.

I managed to use my last bit of FP to projected heal a host who was out of estus immediately before I got killed by the boss, and my dying animation was just long enough that I got to see the host strike the finishing blow with almost no HP left.

I didn't get the souls or the ember but it was worth it.

being a healer in a game where healing is actually viable is little more satisfying 2bh

>being able to quickly heal teammates from basically anywhere in the boss arena
>not viable

*changes walking path*

Is there any difference in connectivity between players in NG and players in NG+ and beyond?
I wanna start NG+ but not if it keeps me from being able to enjoy shenanigans in Sulyvahn's backyard because now i'm separated from 80% of the playerbase.

>want to make artorias cosplay
>feel like I need to keep equip burden under 30%

just beat twin princes and I have gone everywhere except for archdragon peak and the DLCs.

Should I offer the last cinders or should I go do archdragon peak and the DLCs first?

the only thing that matters is soul level
you could be soul level 80 in NG+7 and still get summoned by SL80 people in NG

Alright, cool. Thanks user.

I tried using projected heal but unless you're specifically playing co-op and doing a no estus rule there's really no point to it, you'd much rather just be firing damage at the boss.

>Is there any difference in connectivity between players in NG and players in NG+ and beyond?

No. The only game where NG+ affected pvp was DS1. You are actually supposed to go to NG+2 to get all the items and rings for pvp in DS3 anyway, since there's no ascetics.

>50 vit

>playing faith heal bro paladin
>host and I get invaded in the crucifix woods
>invader has dark hand and dragonslayer axe
>host and I only have appropriate gear for our level
>invader takes very little damage from my claymore and the hosts longsword
>4-5 one handed r1s from him can kill us easily
>host ends up getting parried. He has maybe 10hp left
>immediately run up and ready a poise cast of my most powerful heal
>invader mistimes r1 on his wake up, I cast heal perfectly. Invader literally stands there still for at least 5 seconds.
>he runs away around the corner and black crystals out

"For my people!"

Just finished up everything up to Lord of Cinder for the first time and I want to transition to an SL80 pvp build, is a hybrid faith / melee build viable around this level? What are the good faith weapons besides sunlight straight sword?

Enjoy having 82 vitality and two empty ring slots.

It's great for keeping retard hosts alive sometimes.

>the gameplay favors flashy tactics and fancy movesets way more than careful planning or customization like DS1 or DS2 did.
What the fuck does this even mean?
You're complaining that DLC weapons are too good?
Maybe you're just bad enough to think that RKPGS / Gael / Frayed WA stuff is the be all and end all of PvP, because you're struggling to play around them. How does this fit in with your complaint about "passive" play? When flashy WA's are some of the worst options for punishing mistakes on reaction, due to being slow.

I could come to some agreement with you over DS2's PvP being better overall, but your arguments don't make sense, and you're lumping DS1 in there as if DS1 and DS2 PvP have anything at all in common.

Anyone on PS4 come help me fight Nameless King?

pw: dsg sl: 87

an mechanically-immersive, methodical role play optimization experience that will let you sink 1000 hours into the game,

Which game IS like this?

>just using the word sexy for no reason
cringed and dropped

The odd number of your sl triggers me. Why aren't you 80, or 90?

After I kill Aldrich, how much of the game is left?

I'm just casually fighting my way through the game. SL doesn't need to match exactly, right?

he's autistic
he can't imagine you are just playing through the game normally

>magic number is 27
Except it's not. Its an arbitrary number people stopped at because they like the number 1000.

No, you can summon 69 to 105.

Not counting the DLC? Around 30-35%.
Counting the DLC? Probably closer to 60%.

Can someone explain to me how the fuck talisman scaling in DS3 works?

This is what I think I'm reading so far:

Non-damaging miracles and spells only scale off of spell buff stat and nothing else.
>

Damaging miracles and spells scale off both spell buff AND the scaling stat for their specific class of magic.
>C/C Scaling = C+C scaling for total spell buff + C scaling for miracles OR spells
>-/A Scaling = A scaling for total spell buff + A Scaling for miracles

Right?

But what about dark miracles and dark sorceries? How do the softcaps change for those and what scaling do they get? And I'm reading something about physical damage miracles? What the fuck are those? Do they scale off the physical damage of the talisman/staff?

Me when I realize a bunch of noobs will be coming to Dark Souls 3 due to the release of the fire fades edition.

Yes! It finally fell. The armor indeed helped me tank him.
Fuck, this game is rewarding

Sheesh. I was worried the game was about to end.

Aside from the Cathedral of The Deep, I dont really like too much of the game before the Abyss Watchers.

I just spent around 12 minutes chasing this fucking faggot around post-pontiff. when he had a summon he would go for the 2v1 against me but the second his buttbuddy died he would run away holding his shield up completely avoiding any confrontation until i got bored and bc'd.what the fuck is wrong with these people? you don't fucking lose anything when you die why are you such faggots?