Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Simplifying-Street-Fighter-Players-Preparing-ebook/dp/B015KLJCJI
amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Video-Games-PlayStation/zgbs/videogames/6427831011/ref=zg_bs_nav_vg_2_6427814011
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reminder that the concurrent player count for SFV on Steam is inflated.

this guy is still around?

need

Reminder that it's actually deflated because it doesn't county the primary audience, PS4 players.

xrd for xrd is better than sleep fighter v

play Bane's game

What are Josie's ten desires?

what the fuck is that

who will you main in persona 5 arena?

I play best girl!

Fuck off pleb

You could at least post high quality sniffs
This is fucking terrible

Black canary, supergirl and harley. Maybe starfire when she comes out. Might also main one of the 6 unannounced dlc characters depending who there.

Don't play deadshot. Not yet anyway.

>tfw you had intentions to play fighting games today but all you did was streamboar dota 2 players

Is Black Canary like Cammy? Who replaced my man Grundy?

>tfw instead of playing video games you streamboared and watched anime

>streamboaring this whole weekend

Is that supposed to be someone related to fighting games or am I going mad?

Ann and takemi.

She's an aggressive rushdown character if that's what you mean. Dunno about grundy.

>watching anime
I remember when I was 13. Here's something for you when you get older.

>Who replaced my man Grundy?

as someone whose first inj character was grundy, no one replaces grundy. rip grundy/doomsday/sinestro, you truly were fun characters/archetypes

>want to play rev2
>but 3 events this weekend
i'm gonna die

>tekken 7 announce the first guest dlc character is Doctor Doom
>every top 8 is just Doom

>pc players will never experience tekken 7 in glorious 900p 60fps

But the human eye can only see up to 24 fps.

source?

Is Bane worth learning? Grodd is 2hard4me

ass.hole

>game-changing patch 6 weeks before evo

good one capcom, can't wait for the salty tweets about losing because muh buffs/nerfs

>worth learning
take a 2 second look at the move list -> congrats you can now play an NRS character

Will MVCI be any good? I haven't played fighting games for almost a year because of SF5.

I wasn't stating it like it was a fact, just want it to happen
Doom is fun no matter what game you stick him in
he's got easy strings that you hit confirm into grabs but I doubt if grodd is hard to you that you're going to spend the time on Bane

Did the patch make it a good game though?

how would we know?

Anyone morning fighting games?
EU PC.
BBCF, Rev, KoF 2002UM/13/14.

>Look up Kolin frame data
>half her stuff is minus on block

Can't wait for patch notes.

>streamboring while playing cummy travelers 2 on my vita
life doesn't get any comfier

I mean I can play Grodd, but I have trouble confirming the back2 into crossup leap off of any juggle. I just go for meterburning any of his grabs or telekenises into wallbounce and then 2 2 3 or 2 2 grab

is answer viable?

wanna play? i havent fought a grodd yet

A tier easily

Post only top tier blondes.

He seems very good from what I've seen.

if you can do combo enders, you can play bane

Gonna have to dodge because making dinner and then need sleep because early apointment tomorrow
Nice

3D games are trash.

Anyone have tips for Korean backdashing on p2 side. I keep getting a sidestep.

autohotkey.com

But user, practicing and learning are fun!

Slow down and do it accurately 100% of the time. You'll suddenly be able to do it faster and faster without even noticing.

Too deep for you?

Hold the back direction and tap downback for the cancel, which input method are you using?

sound like practicing wavedashing in melee

plink dash like you would as spencer in umvc3
you did play umvc3 right

I found melee wavedashing pretty easy. The extra axis of movement complicates things.

Any good books/videos for in introduction to getting better at fighting games in general? (not specific to one game)

I don't own a console currently and my PC is a toaster so I have to start with some low spec kusoge

Why does nobody play Kilik

amazon.com/Simplifying-Street-Fighter-Players-Preparing-ebook/dp/B015KLJCJI

Who else playing at 4k/uncapped fps?

>fighting game
>uncapped fps

xd

Remember when all the "pros" that never accomplished anything in SF4 thought that capcom dumbing down SF5 would make it their time to shine?

specifically Gootecks

buy googod's book

My computer has outdated specs. I'll have to settle with 900p/60fps or whatever the PS4 Pro has.

thank you bonchimp for the charlie mash revival

0p/0fps

4K with max detail for me.

Nyotengu is sexy.

Out of all FG's this gen the only one I'd pay full price is IJ2 and GG xrd if and only if the Rev 2 standalone is considered.

Its for your daily dose capcuks

Japanese are shit with their spec estimates goign to high or too low..

I left for a day and now I'm back seeing the general feeling more positive. Why is that? Hope I'm not jinxing things.

Why can't developers make fighting games with good netcode in current year?

NRS games have great netcode, but meh gameplay.

Which fg is this for

So which characters in Guilty Gear Rev are not incredibly hard to play? I like Dizzy because she's fast and has a dynamic neutral game, same with Venom. I like May because she looks like she could also have a dynamic neutral game if she was played right with all the beach balls and dolphins and what not.

Be a man and play Chipp

>not incredibly hard

everyone besides venom, dizzy, and answer.

I have a love/hate relationship with Chipp. I like how fast he is and his moveset but I feel like he's too fast that I can't properly appreciate the pace of the match.

Venom is so cool. I messed with him a bit in the Rev 2 demo. Would you say he's hard because of charges?

Every character will have some core element of their gameplay tied to stupid arbitrary difficult execution.

And then you get to defense, which is hard for every character and again is tied to ridiculously difficult execution just to even get a chance to play the game.

So pick whoever you like, you will hit a wall with every character.

What's his fucking problem?

amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Video-Games-PlayStation/zgbs/videogames/6427831011/ref=zg_bs_nav_vg_2_6427814011

Tekken 7 is #2 on Amazon's PS4 best seller based on pre-orders alone...damn!

He's TOO cool.

i think he's hard because he's extremely punishing for every little fuckup you make. even things that don't seem like mistakes can end up being ones, like hitting a ball too high up and not covering the space you wanted it to or at the angle that covers the opponent's specific jump arc/speed, and that slight miss gives them the opening or punish if you were expecting them to block and did something else.

his strong oki is very tight (k ball oki is a crutch until you face people who blitz it or dp you if you aren't precisely timing it as a safejump), and when you mess up, you lose a lot or even get punished. lots of his good normals have counter hit recovery and he has little life to give. his hurtbox got normalized so he doesn't eat lower damage combos anymore. his pokes yield little reward until you get really good at accruing small advantages and playing around balls well (which 5 people in the world do).

he has zero reversals, his abare is trash, you can get stinger randomly trying to throw or throw os, and all his crisp extended pressure is basically setplay or really demands respect from the opponent, and any fuckup gives it all up.

Well it helps that the PS4 has no gam

>Every character will have some core element of their gameplay tied to stupid arbitrary difficult execution.
What's Ky's difficult execution?

What defense has a ridiculously difficult execution?

Dude, most fighters today have great netcode. Capcom and SNK are the only exceptions.

Will it help that's only Amazon US, aka Tekken's weak market.

dash dp combos. they're char specific, spacing specific, different based on the starter, and the distance of the dash varies by # of hits/gravity and character weight especially if you want a ciel ender.

>cheetah is like Wolverine
>even gets an ability like swiss cheese
>has an install that doubles her damage
>has weapon x
I see THROUGH you nrs...

Game ain't even out yet

you can have sfv for a ton of shit but its netcode is not something to complain about
if you had said mvc3 you would've been right

this is not true tho

that's sounds like more matchup knowledge than difficult execution

post 30 seconds of you doing dash dp combos

What if
They gave potemkin a D version of hammerfall that has infinite armor, costs 1/4 of your burst and can't be YRC'd
Also maybe can armor through air overdrives like sins fireball or airborne Ride the Lightning/RTL