Other urls found in this thread:

boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/d/1988-ford-ltd-crown-victoria/6274323547.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Fantastic visibility.

They'll run absolutely forever

4-door Mustang, except it can turn.

>Panther platform
>except it can turn
These cars were 95% unchanged from the 70's until 2002. They didn't even get antilock brakes or traction control until almost the turn of the millennium. Civvie cars don't even get a rear stabilizer bar unless ordered specially.

V8, built on a frame, hit curbs at 60MPH, Built like a tank with extra fluid tech,Cheap as fuck. Last to 300k

The trunk is a bag of holding.

Overall tough as fuck, body on frame, American icon, available and cheap cars with available and cheap parts.

They last forever and they are fast if you get the police interceptor

>150MPH certified

The Marauder was the pinnacle of that line of cars. They are just plain bad-fucking-assed.

Good for arresting niggers.

Cheap to repair

Don't fix what isn't broken

Too bad if you go over 120 the driveshaft will explode. The speedo is certified to be accurate up to that speed. You won't be hitting 150mph with 200whp unless you got an extremely long road.

spare parts practically everywhere
baller yet discrete enough

Because your engineers are so incompetent they need 50 years to figure shit out that germans can make reliably in a week and engineer to fail exactly when the warranty ends in two.

Rwd
Bought a civilian one with all the maintenance records, car died in 4k miles

How did it die?

kek, so did mine, bought it from some shady guy and immediately did a full synthetic oil change, kept throwing up a random oil light but was good when I checked and double dipped it, so ended up ignoring it and it burned all 5 qts in 2k miles, should have known the white smoke it was blowing wasn't seafoam

With speed governors removed and all other factors the same, the Interceptors actually have a lower top speed than a normal Crown Vic. Assuming the driveshaft doesn't explode on either one (which it will, trust me), it's a matter of gearing- P71s have 3.27 rear gears as standard, while normal Panthers have 2.73s, so the P71 is quicker off the line but will run out of gears to go through (and there's only four of 'em).

pretty good at pulling trailers

Nice engine
comfy ride
Big seats
leg room
Windows
cheap
durable as hell
actually pretty quick

only autistic wannabe cops and hood trash like these cars

Timing chain tensioner.

A timing chain kit is like $100

This. The timing chain tensioner fucked itself on my 02 GT at 100k miles and I got a timing kit and replaced it one saturday.

How much is it to get all the debris out of the engine you fucking retard

How did you not hear it ahead of time? The crappy plastic chain guides are known failure points on Crown Vics and before they go completely you start hearing TICTICTACTICTACITCITACITIAC from your engine bay so it sounds like a sewing machine.

>He doesnt keep his engine clean

You're supposed to replace it before it blows up catastrophically you double nigger

I keep thinking about buying this Grand Marquis. It just seems to fucking luxurious, or at least the LS version. I may just worry too much about what people think about me.

My mom drives a 2004 Grand Marquis LS, and she's only got 42,000 miles on it because she lives less than 2 miles from her work. It's fucking butter.

The one I am looking at has been garage kept, and meticulously maintained by an old man(changing oil every 3,000 miles). I may just buy the fucking thing. I am also worried about the buying fuel for it.

They scared a lot of niggers

25ish highway, 15ish city. Just buy it and keep it maintained and it'll never go wrong.

>I may just worry too much about what people think about me.
Why?

so what you're saying is, a ford will last 30 years while a bmw will last 2 years?

Or maybe because "don't fix what ain't broke" is a real thing and it's good for the main buyers of cars like Crown Vics (fleet). The parts are all the same so you have to stock fewer parts, they're cheaper, and it's a known reliable design. That's why they're the most popular car for taxis and cops even today, 6 years after production ended, and there are shitloads of them with over 350,000 miles.

It's not trying to be fast, sporty, techy, or anything like an M5. You're missing the point entirely. It's a turn-key car you can get in and drive cheaply for years and years, provided you're not a retard and ignore timing chain ticking noises.

I wish I fucking knew. Probably has something to do with how I was raised.

Oh, I meant what you thought people will think about someone driving a Grand Marquis.

Honestly at this point the biggest good thing about the Panther Platform is cost. They are DIRT CHEAP. They give many people the access to a reliable, easy to maintain vehicle.

Second, the Ford Panther Platform is the perfect car for highway cruising. It is made for spending all day on the freeway travelling across the country at 70 MPH. They are comfy and have lots of space in the trunk for cargo. And, they get great fuel economy for their size. On the highway going 70 I get 26MPG.

I have had mine for 5 years and 50,000 miles (140,000 total).and the only thing that it has needed outside of wear items has been new ignition coils (cheap and extremely easy) and a new catalytic converter because the previous owner drove it around for a long time with it misfiring. Luckily I found a brand new one on ebay for a bargain.

What should one look for when considering buying a old panther?

Depends on how old you're talking.

they hit the sand and curbs pretty well

sounds like you should have taken better care of your car.

It's bullet proof, bot you still need to fucking care for the thing

Grand Marquis is the best option if you care what people think about you. Crown Vics are Cop cars, and Town Cars are Airport Taxis.

Grand Marquis are the comfy mid range. not as no-frills as a crown vic or P71, but not as needlessly overcomplucated and full of needless unique electronic bullshit as a Town Car

depends how old. pre- 03, make sure to have the intake manifold checked out, because pre-03 they were known to have shitty plastic that was prone to breaking.

otherwise, post-03, just the usual stuff. make sure the transmission is good, look for rust, etc.

dont get scared of high mileage. 130k is about standard for a used panther

if you are buying a Grand Marquis or Town Car, the rear air suspension WILL be leaking. I would recommend fixing that, or constant use of the compressor when you turn the car on WILL kill your battery quickfast

here in practically nowhere Illinois, the taxis are all Grand Marquis

Cheap af

Easy to work on yourself

Reliable as can be

Parts plentiful

Rwd

V8

Trunk has a basement

04 n up Handle well for their mammoth size

Detailed back catalogue of every imaginable repair and mod available online Forums due to the extreme autism of Pantherfags.

Tbqh, this very well may be the greatest car of all time.

>Tbqh, this very well may be the greatest car of all time.
pigfat landbarge and doesn't handle.

THE GOOD
>reliable
>safe
>roomy interior
>trunk space
>easy to work on
>cheap, plentiful parts
>barge

THE BAD
>people think you're a cop
>crap interior build quality
>barge

It's a good car, desu.

>people think you're a cop
>niggers will run and hide when they see you
>implying that's bad

People will drive like slugs once they see you. It can be very irritating if you're trying to get somewhere.

no one will think you cringey autistic faggots are cops

I'm about to go buy one tomorrow. It's a '99 with about 180k miles but it has very comprehensive service records and was never used as a police vehicle. They're asking $2500 but I think I can talk it down to $1700. Opinions?

>decide to start racing Crown vic's
>drive to Japan via the sea because its a barge
>become the #1 Tōge driver in Gunma because everyone is afraid of the gaijin in a boat that takes up the whole road will give them a ticket

perfect plan

You've never been to the midwest.

Keep in mind that while Town Cars have air ride as standard, Marquis and Crown Vics have it as a separate option that wasn't even included in the higher trim (LX, LS) so there's no guarantee they'll have it. Pop the trunk and check the left side for a switch near the fuel pump cutoff button; no switch, no air ride.

I need a shitbox since my taurus is kill due to rust, should I get this?

boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/d/1988-ford-ltd-crown-victoria/6274323547.html

All the newer crown vics up here in nh look like hammered shit.

>Germans
>making anything reliably

Come on m8. I drive a Mercedes but even I know this is a meme

With the year and the miles it's worth about $1200 max, maybe $1500 if it really has all the service records and all the preventative maintenance done

i slow for crown vics and pic related

Son of a bitch fucker sold it and never took the ad down.

>boston.craigslist.org/bmw/cto/d/1988-ford-ltd-crown-victoria/6274323547.html
lol would have been a good deal too