Why do ricers refer to their cars with the wrong manufacturer or name? The 240SX/Silvia comes immediately to mind...

Why do ricers refer to their cars with the wrong manufacturer or name? The 240SX/Silvia comes immediately to mind, but probably the most egregious is calling an Acura Integra a Honda. It's not a fucking Honda, it's a fucking Acura, just like it's not a fucking Chevy Caprice, it's a goddamned Cadillac Fleetwood.

That Acura one especially doesn't make sense, because an Acura is a much nicer car than your basic Honda.

>inb4 overseas it was called x

Not talking about a right hand drive gray market imports where that would be an accurate description, I'm talking about normal everyday shit that was made for and sold here. Also, the title *CLEARLY* says "Acura" on it, not Honda.

because at the end of the day, its a honda

same as infiniti is a nissan

same as lexus is a toyota

Because the differences between them were literally cosmetic for ages.

If it's a Honda engine in a car made by a Honda division that specializes in slightly nicer interiors it's still a Honda car.

It's only an Acura when it was exclusive engines and drivetrains used by Acura and never Honda.

Because it literally is a Honda everywhere else on Earth

The Acura logo is just the fucking Honda logo with the tops pushed together

Because it's a honda owned company. The only thing that separated that Acura from a Honda is the badge and whatever regional changes need made for safety reasons or laws. You are arguing semantics over cosmetic changes. And fuck your inb4. Acura parent company is honda. In Hondas' home market the Integra is sold as a honda. The car is a honda.

People refer to anything in the GM family by GM all the time too. Each sub brand is selling the same shit with a different body kit.

>The Acura logo is just the fucking Honda logo with the tops pushed together

Because the same models are literally called Hondas everywhere else in the world.
Blame amerifats for being badge whores.

I....I never noticed that.

>The 240SX/Silvia comes immediately to mind

Only kids who don't even have a car and play too much forza do that.

JUST

Because all parts you purchase use honda part numbers and the packaging also comes in a honda box/bag

that's... a surprisingly compelling argument.

>see an ad for an "FD3S"
>it's left hand drive

assmad gm fangirl detected

Because Acura is a made-up brand for the north American market.

It's a honda...

Just because America has a retarded badge on them doesn't mean I am not going to call it a honda.

It's like getting upset that someone called your chevy matiz a daewoo

-T. Australian

>acura integra
>honda integra
>it's different

k

Exactly it's not even a real brand and it sounds ridiculous.

If I ever lived in America and I owned a honda integra with the badge that says acura instead of what it actually is I'd swap it.

If people asked me why I would say because back home as well as the rest of the world the car is called a honda and acura is just weird and stupid.

So most of Veeky Forums?

By this point I have no idea if this thread is bait or not.

>If people asked me why
thats the problem nobody gives a shit dude theyre all honda shitboxes

I literally have no idea how to differentiate a 240SX from all other Silvias. Especially the S14 Silvia.

America got a shitty 2.5 liter truck engine in their cars.

They also came as onevias from factory there.

America got a shitty 2.4 litre truck engine in their cars.

They also came as onevias from factory there.

Because the Holden badge looks cooler and fits better than the Chebby badge

Hasn't the ricer community always been about outward appearance?

I mean, crap man. That doesn't even seem possible, when you think about it

That's literally the Mexican fuckboi car of choice in my area.

Not gonna lie, i've thought about putting a toyota badge on my is300. It's a pretty common thing to do on these cars and the grille is a little scratched up anyways. It would definitely be pretty ricer though

I don't think you know what ricer means buddy

It's basically the engine and left-hand-drive.

In Japan, there were two versions of the S13 (13th generation on the S platform): the Silvia, a coupe with projector headlights, and the 180SX, a liftback with pop-ups. (Liftback with projector headlights = Sil-Eighty, also in the Japanese market only.) The US market got the 180SX with a pickup truck's 2.4L engine, hence the name change. We never got the coupe.

When the next generation came out, Japan got a new Silvia but not a new 180SX. (I think they actually kept making the old S13 180SX.) They stuck the stupid 2.4L engine in the S14 Silvia and gave it to us as the next 240SX. From the outside there aren't any obvious differences.

Yeah, I know how the S-chassis goes.
With all the OneVias and SilEighties, and Koukis and Zenki. But the USDM Silvias are a mystery to me.

anyone know where i can get the badging parts for a mazda 121? i want to swap them onto a Festiva.

also would love to put mitsubishi shit all over a 70's dodge colt.

>But the USDM Silvias are a mystery to me
They gave you guys a truck engine because it was harder to blow up. It's just as well, really. We got the SR20 and when Silvias got cheap retards started buying them and blowing them up with dumb "sikk mawds", and blaming the manufacturer.

It's one of those "stupid Americans" things, like the USDM E36 M3 coming staggered and with the gutless 240 hp S52 instead of the 286-321 hp S50.

>it's not a fucking Chevy Caprice, it's a goddamned Cadillac Fleetwood.
I have never actually seen this be a thing. Comparing Buick Roadmaster to a Caprice, yes, but I have never seen a Fleetwood called a Caprice.

but how else am i going to be a special snow flake in the supermarket parking lot?

So if I call a Jimmy an S10 Blazer am I wrong?

What about the a Sierra a Silverado?

Safari an Astro?

Sunfire a Cavalier?

>With all the OneVias and SilEighties,

Those aren't official.

> Koukis and Zenki

Zenki = early model
Kouki = late model

>But the USDM Silvias are a mystery to me.

Silvias never came to the North American market. Well one model did. the S12.

"The S12 Silvia brand in North America was badged as a "200SX". For fear that the North American market would not be as profitable as other markets throughout; without any major innovations, Nissan Executives only scheduled the manufacturing of 5k of each trim package/engine options in the final 2 years before the halt of US production. Leaving the final year of the S12 1988"

pic related is a 1995 Nissan 240sx (Zenki S14)

pic related is a 1997 Nissan 240sx (Kouki S14)

A Jimmy is a GMC, a Blazer is a Chevy. So yes, you'd be wrong.

A Sierra is a GMC, a Silverado is a Chevy. So yes, you'd be wrong.

A Safari is a GMC, an Astro is a Chevy. So yes, you'd be wrong.

A Sunfire is a Pontiac, a Cavalier is a Chevy. So yes, you'd be wrong.

>Gay man's Chevy
>Still a Chevy

The FD3S is the chassis code, being lhd doesn't change it

I'm just waiting for Acura to die, they really have no idea where they're going with the brand.

you're dumb lol

There's literally nothing different between any of those except badges and a maybe a front clip. They're all built by the same people in the same factory and some you could even buy at the same dealer.

Is the Honda J35A3 in a Saturn Vue no longer a Honda engine because it's in a Saturn?

>acura is nicer meme

Put the Altezza badge on your Altezza.

anything japan its related to mental illness

t. puck

Tip top zozzle.

stream it, if you're so great

Bruh. Nobody on Veeky Forums (except me and you) knows of that movie. You're better off trying it on /v/.

DESU if I ever buy a commo I would chevadore it. I would just want to disassociate myself with the v6 auto driving angry old men who make up most of the owner base

I'd also buy get a VT which would make a chev badge double retarded but I'd still do it

They did sell them as a Chevy Lumina in the middle east so it's not completely wrong.

do this and become a local legend

This