Why do you guys hate on the v6 soo much? (Serious question whats wrong with it...

Why do you guys hate on the v6 soo much? (Serious question whats wrong with it?) Its a good balance between performance and economy...

I was thinking about getting a v6 accord coupe because of the "balance" stated above. (I think the dash is ugly as fuck though. And i hate the chrome trim/handles) I dont want a average car in terms of speed and i dont want a car thats gonna fuck my wallet with the mpgs. Soo what other cars are similar to what im looking for? Or similar to the v6 accord in terms of quickness and decent mpgs? (Reguardless of engine). I want a coupe thats at least known for being somewhat reliable.

I dont want anything older than say 10 years. Budget is about 10k give or take a bit. Im not gonna be modding or tracking. Its a DD.

Also...

Im on the fence on getting a car like mentioned above... Or a truck. Midsized or larger. It will need to be somewhat reliable, decent on gas (for a truck), and able to handle towing at least a car. I dont want a really long bed, and i want back seats (2 or four door).

I know shit all about brands and their trucks. But i was looking at a colorado, a silverado, a frontier, a titan, and f150. Thoughts on those? Any other suggestions?

Whatever your suggestions... I also love to drive... To just aimlessly cruise around or hit a backroad. Its theraputic in a way. So *decent mpgs is a must (nothing lower than about 20 average for a car, and 15 average for a truck). Please give reasons for your opinons. Thanks, i love you.

Op here.

Another question. Why do people hate on ford trucks soo much? Whats the deal there? I have literally witnessed a mear fist fight because some guy was talking shit about another guy, because he drove a ford truck.

I had a Ford Ranger with the 3.0L V6 and a 5 speed. It had the short cab and short stepside box. It wasn't fast or particularly good on gas, but it was a great truck. I don't get the hate, either.

It's basically sports team mentality when it comes to domestic fanboys.

You won't see Nissan boy racers getting into fist fights with Honda ricers or Toyota commuters. Sure there will always be bantz to go around but when it's your grandpappy's honor you're defending because your entire family had their domestic car of choice picked by them back in the 50s or 60s people get genuinely shitty about things. All three brands have more cool and shit cars to even keep track of so it's not like any of them are actually better than the other.

Nothing on the main post?

Memes. Seriously it's just an Veeky Forums thing.

th gen eclipse gt's have a 250ish hp v6 and a 6spd and are decently reliable. As for trucks the ford hate comes from their weaker than average motors compared to the dodge and chevy v8's, if you're going to get a truck go all in and get a diesel. You can't really go wrong with any of the diesel offerings from the big three.

lol didn't mean to link that irrelevant shit, meant to say 4th gen. Alcohol is fun.

v6 accord s fine. i'd save and get a 2013.

if you want a truck i'd get a ranger with the duratec (mazda) 4-cylinder instead of the lima.

they sound like fucking shit

>v6 beats v8
Simple as that, Veeky Forums hates it because they can't accept it

Veeky Forums hates the V6 because they glorify the I6, which is objectively worse.

GT R > GT-R
8 > 6
V8 > V6

First order rocking imbalance. That's my reason.

Until your body learns to run on it..

So this board is full of shit? Here i was browsing around thinking i was getting the inside scoop.

Im surprised they even make a sound.

I think you are in a good spot looking at the V6 accords. Check the V6 camry as well, it will be just as if not more reliable. Gas mileage won't be amazing but won't be bad either, and those things can really go when you get on the gas.
As far as trucks go, I would avoid them for a DD if you don't absolutely need the bed. They will all struggle to get 15 MPG, even the smaller ones, and will have a rougher ride and worse interior than the sedans.

>they glorify the I6, which is objectively worse.
the I6 is inherently balanced, which isnt as important nowadays as it used to be, but its a smooth as fuck engine.

I don't hate v6's I just like i6's more

There are like, 3 v6 engines that sound good. The VQ, the jag v6, and some other one I can't remember

The bk1 and bk2

I'm always surprised at how little shit I hear Dodge get for their massively unreliable transmissions and their almost guaranteed rust issues.

You can find dope deals on Honda Accord V6s which are sleeper cars because Honda under rated the V6 power. Later models also have cylinder deactivation that make it go from 6 to 4 cylinders when putting down the highway.

Ultimately I went with the Kia Optima with a 2 liter turbo 4. I get about 28 combined MPG. And if I'm highway cruising will hit 35MPG. First mods are a tune for 93 octane and methanol injection. And Ill be making over 300 horsepower to the wheels for not a lot of money.

Throw in it's got some sportiness with paddle shifters and sport mode that opens the engine up and it makes for a fun daily. Especially with the panoramic sun roof open and air conditioned leather seats.

Ford had some of the weakest transmissions in a fullsize truck for years and years. I don't know what it is now, but that's the reputation it earned. Rams and Chevys used to be able to trace their original designs back to the 60s

tbqh literally every american manufacturer has shitty unreliable transmissions

People hate on v6's because theyre shit. Sound like shit, rev like shit, feel like shit (internal balance) and because of the last bit v6's tend To be boat anchors. in order for a v6 to run right you have To put all kinds of gizmos on it for balancing, on top of this theyre almost always made from the same blocks as v8's To save a few shekels, which further adds weight.

Small dicks, OP.

Nobody hates the layout, we just hate v6 versions of v8 cars.