Are bbs wheels an overpriced meme?

are bbs wheels an overpriced meme?

not if you think they're sexy as fuck

yes because you can find replicas that look the same for much less for most of them

ok but do the replicas have the same durability, precision, and performance? serious question, I know that there are standards for first world countries, but are they trackable and can they take a pothole?

>do the replicas have the same durability,
no
>precision,
no
>and performance?
no
>are they trackable?
no
>and can they take a pothole?
also no

depends on the maker and age

despite all the shit Rota has stepped up their quality and people get along fine with tracking them

theyre heavier and not forged but theyre fine

cuz fuck spending $2000 on BBS when you get basically the same for $700

Apart from having a real name brand and good build quality.

I wouldn't waste the money on them when you can get something else made by enkei for much cheaper and still reasonably light for a different design.

the only cars i recommend getting bbs on are older 80s cars like E30, miata, rx-7 where they came from the factory in like 6-7 inches wide

>basically the same
kek, the mental gymnastics these poorfags pull is nothing short of Olympic tier

if you weren't tripped up I would've assumed this was a post made by dogfucker supreme

>Rota has stepped up their quality

Yeah if by "quality" you mean ability to change shape during track use.

basketweave miata reporting in
I bought a full OEM e30 set, all genuine still with labels on the barrel for 250 cash.
14x6.5, about 13 lbs a piece.
Almost fell for the rota meme and bought some RBs, too

>image from nearly a decade ago

yeah real good evidence

I mean even half a decade ago people were breaking records on Rotas

My last E30 had the OEM basketweaves, those were nice looking wheels.
My current one has BBS RAs, which are also really nice but I miss those center caps that covered the lugs.
They're a lot easier to get tires for, though, being 15x7

Beautiful wheels user, I actually don't mind the no center cap look.
If I could've sourced some BBS Mahle's, I would've but they're my white whale. Pic related.
S Drives, Direzza ZIIs, and RE-71Rs are all available for 14s and to me that's all that matters.

There's countless examples, just google it. I like that one the most because of the aesthetic. Most of the other examples of failure are catastrophically worse. It must suck to kill your car because of your own poorfaggotry :^)

and theres countless examples of expensive wheels failing

cool beans you spent 3x the money for shit

people going off track can really fuck your shit up. at my autox location there's a drop off where people have broken and bent anything from oem wheels, to knockoffs, and expensive stuff

Difference between the two is replacing a lip or face over replacing a whole wheel, tire, and potentially some suspension and engine components.

I'll spend that extra money for peace of mind and easier repairs any day. Stay poor namefag.

whatever helps you justify wasting money lol

>his car doesn't come with lightweight forged aluminum wheels from the factory to defeat the aftermarket wheel jew

step it up

No.

>a 30 year old wheel with a cast center failed

and?

Actually thought this was a stanced car from the thumbnail

>buying reps
if you cant pay, dont play

Rally wheels are the best wheels for a daily and it's stupid to put super light expensive wheels that can't take a pothole reliably on anything that's not a track toy. Fight me.

It's funny you say that cause I know quite a few people running rotas who track them and none have had serious problems. Obviously the real deal that's forged will be more durable for track use but I bet you it's not worth the price difference.

Please don't listen to this fucking ricer poorfag lmao

bbs arent even expensive in comparison to something like hre or compomotive

"track use" doesn't mean anything. track day heros don't rail curbing.

I literally own rotas. But I'm not even slightly delusional enough to say they are good. They are heavy, the finish is bad, and they are likely weak. I buy them because they are cheap and look good.

> durability, precision and PERFORMANCE
look at this nigger he can read the sales brochure.
keep drinking that koolaid buddy

Thanks user, mine aren't as nice looking. The PO painted them black and it's chipping off. One day I'll polish them.
I ran S Drives on my previous car, and I'm thinking about buying some for these too.

>It's looks the same so it must be the same and perform the same

any wheels other than the cheapest ones you can buy are overpriced.

True. These fuckers are really durable. Like stupid durable.

RPF1s are best for the money if you want a performance wheel