My car just died, help me diagnose it Veeky Forums

car in question is 1999bmw 323ci e46 manual

was attacking uphill curves blasting eurobeat with my date sitting in the passenger seat
all good, on the downhill clutch starts slipping? car just randomly slow downs then accelerates when having gas pedal pressed in, switch to higher gear to compensate for this. 2 minute later engine stalls, cranks but wont run even if its in neutral with clutch pressed in. manage to roll down the car til end of touge and parked it somewhere safe.

what do you think fellow Veeky Forumstists

My guess would be its clutch

Ill diagnose
>bmw are shit

Thats all

This

Thanks for constructive argument.

Sounds like you blew a gasket check for oil and coolant mix, maybe just an intake problem hopefully.

>busrider cucks

M52 engine with external crank sensor? If so look there first, pretty much all e30/36/46 gen cars won't run if the cps goes bad.

Does the fuel pump run?

Bother are common as fuck and give the symptoms you describe, may not have been clutch slip you felt but a loss of power due to the issue.

I had an 88 635 csi. Total shitbox.

engine wont start while clutch is pressed in and its in neutral, does this rule out the clutch? i think not.

Clutch should not stop it from starting unless us cars have a start inhibit switch.
Are you saying no start regardless of what you do with the clutch? No joy clutch in or out?
The clutch on these should be a dumb system, I have fires them up with no clutch or box before.

The crank sensors tend to fail slow and cause bad running before they go, what happens is they stop picking up the teeth as well, causes a loss of power feeling, bit like clutch slip.
When you turn it off and try to restart the teeth are no moving fast enough while cranking for the dying sensor to register them and give a signal.

First thing to check is you have spark and fuel
No spark = crank sensor
No fuel = pump most likely.

Turns out I ran out of petrol.
problem solved, thank you tho!
just filled her in with sweet 95 octane
and runs great

High octane is only for high compression engines to reduce knock.
Youre just pissing your hosepower away at extra cost

I have an 07 530i, love it dearly

Reliability really depends on the specific engine with the germans

>BMW owners
BAKA

95 and 98 are standard octanes in yurop

This is satire, right?

I think so, but you can never be sure on the internets.

>blasting eurobeat with my date
>eurobeat
I assume she's ghosting you at this point?

The entire thread is too

is pic related your car?
I also got a 1999 topaz blue 328ci e46 manual, only with M3 wheels, bumper and skirts
pretty nice car too bad its rusted to shit

He rides the bus and made the thread for attention

im at work computer shitposting
mine is same color but with standard r16 wheels