Easy Econoboxes to Work On

Are Toyota Corollas the easiest Econoboxes for DIY repairs? Are there better alternatives?

New cars are harder to work on. Everything is *just big enough* to reduce weight and increase MPGs.

The older gen Corolla is probably easier to work on.

What about an old Saturn sl2?

Subaru Impreza. All regular maintenance items labelled for you.

>muh spark plugs

But those plugs are easy as fuck user

The head gasket and transmission?

The bigger the engine bay, the easier the repairs.

Modern cars are disposable.

I work as a mechanic. Hondas are MUCH easier to work on. Don't need a proprietary oil filter socket for it.

For this reason 4cyl midsize cars with V6 options are great. Engine bay in my 2010 accord 4cyl has lots of room.

What are the easiest brands to work on overall? The hardest, aside from German cars? (I assume)

same with v6 trucks with v8 options. Ram 1500s are so easy to work on compared to a lot of compacts

I gotta put a new clutch in my 04 and it's gonna suuuuck. Neva took out a sub frame before.

true. just changed out my cv axle today and was piss easy after watching just one youtube video.

Would you recommend the Fit or the Civic?

Classic VW Beetle

>cucking yourself out of two cylinders so that you can change an alternator yourself if you have to, maybe, within the next 5 years, perhaps, if necessary

Gotta agree, Hondas are piss easy to work on.

Also of all the German cars, I'd say Mercedes is the easiest.

K24 is much more robust and dependable compared to J35. Timing chain vs belt, no dumb cylinder deactivation fucking up your oil, etc. 191hp out of 2.4L low octane is fine.

My last 6cyl I fucked all the mounts, the transmission, my tires.. etc. So much more cost when that power is there asking for you to abuse it.

Both are great in terms of accessibility of the engine, brakes, etc and both will last forever but they're two different cars. You gotta try both and see what you like more.

Aren't 8th and 9th gen civics hard because of the small engine bay?

Where can I find an official repair manual for 1991-2005 Civics?