You can only post in this thread if your daily is an I6

You can only post in this thread if your daily is an I6
>single gasket
>never FWD (except volvo, the fucks)
>plenty of room for tarbos
>godly sound

Other urls found in this thread:

kijiji.ca/v-auto-body-parts/edmonton/bmw-e30-hartge-h35-fiberglass-bumpers-rare/1289667354?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
youtube.com/watch?v=pCkxgTecnp0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I never get tired of listening to this beauty, they are divine work

E30 tech1 touring and a 2.8 z3.
Pic related.

Is it hard to find bmw parts in australia?

What's up Kartoffel?

Parts are easy for us in the uk, rotating photos is not.
I even rotated that on my phone before posting and it is still upsidedown.
Feels bad man.

not him, but yes. finding parts for anything that isn't a falcodore or something insanely popular like a corolla can be a pain, especially with older shit like gazelles or starions.

On the Iphone I have to rotate every image I take sideways, save and then rotate it back to normal and save or else it does that too.

I know you guys have a decent car culture down there but the difficulty of getting non-holden parts must really put a damper on the fun.

>24v v6
>same firing order as l6
>single head / gasket
>fwd
>room for tarbos (though none added)
>godly sound

Where's your god now?

mien nigger
considering buying this bodykit for my 87 kijiji.ca/v-auto-body-parts/edmonton/bmw-e30-hartge-h35-fiberglass-bumpers-rare/1289667354?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

This is newer than the e46?

>v6
>godly sound
"No"

Australia is brutal for classic BMW bits. I know someone that sends containers of rhd BMW bits over from the UK to meet demand.

Bmw parts and cat because why not.

Yes it's the N52 making 272 hp

its fairly easy to get parts for the big japanese brands as well. they've been exporting shit to here since like the 80's/90's.
and we can always get spare parts from japan. buy a half cut and import it no problems, or import something before 89 I think without any problems.

that they are. I could never justify buying a classic bmw. they're cool and all, and I'm sure they're reliable, but when something does go wrong goddamn would it be expensive.

I need a turbo or supercharger for my M54B22. But do I loose some of the ease of driving and predictability of the engine?

Are you not allowed to do a cat delete there?

Ah yeah true, Japan isn't that far plus their parts go all over the world and are cheap in general

Yep, working off a phone at 2.47am in bed.

Is your 87 plastic bumper?
The rear of the plastic bumper cars is 2" deeper than the early cars, had to do some pretty heavy rework on the rear end to get the tech 1 on.

A turbo is going to put a delay on low-end torque unless you have the ecu mapped really well

A supercharger would probably be better as they're easier to install and maintain plus they give you much more low to mid end power. The downside is that you don't get as much high end power as with a turbo.

It may become less predictable at first but you'll get used to it soon enough.

What really is the point of the catalyst delete?

Swap the block out for a b30?

No, but these are made for early models. I'll probably save the money for FI one day and just paint the diving board trim
Some oldfag on r3v argued for an entire page that painting the bumper trim ruins the aesthetic of the car and that it was a really popular dealer mod when the car first came out.

No need my friend, the e30 breathes unobstructed from the factory and the cats are free range.
Kek.

See picture

Thought about it, but I'd rather do the turbo and learn how to map engines. There is good money in removing the power restriction on turbo diesels.

Well, it opens up the restriction which is the catalytic converter. This allows the car to push out exhaust gasses at a faster rate as there is no bottleneck near past the manifold after deleting it. Basically it's pointless without a tune and other mods, people in my college do it because they think it's cool but don't realize that it does nothing without proper engine work.

Fair point, would you go standalone ecu though?
Oem ecus are way harder to work with, need a lot of specific knowledge, something I have been finding recently by ramming an m50tu ecu onto the m20 in my e30.
Working with factory ecus is a whole other ball game to standalone systems.

Also on most modern stuff removing the cat and fooling the sensors still sets a flag in the ecu and can make the car slower when it goes to protection mode.
Better to get a good high flow cat, most modern cats are pretty low restriction though, anything else is throwing economy away.

I have no idea yet. So far it's been suspension maintenance, and the engine is largely untouched apart from an issue on the cooling side.

For my own car a simpler to work with ecu seems approperiate. For remapping diesels I need to learn to work with OEM ecu, no?

Everything you said is true, unless you go into the ecu and modify it (deleting lines of code that should probably be left alone) it's going to throw a flag and pull timing. BMW and merc are really good with their exhaust work honestly, the cars flow very well from the factory. I deleted the muffler on mine for the sweet sound though.

Yep, derv work is going to mean OEM ecus, you need to get pretty hardcore with your programming and computer science and these things are now complex.

Not sure remapping diesels is going to last much longer in the UK, theres now so many coal rollers on the UK roads following a stinking smoking diesel is a daily occurrence, they are going to come down on it soon.

Hey

hey how can I fit a 1JZ in my AW11

>inb4 "if you have to ask"
I know this is retarded

you have obviously never heard the VR6

forgot link
youtube.com/watch?v=pCkxgTecnp0

Okay the one at 00:45 sounded pretty good man

I still think most V6's sound bad but I'll admit there are exceptions

yeah ... a boosted R32 is my dream but for the price there's probably a dozen cars I'd get instead, so it's 2.8 for me for a while.

just saw / heard a Skyline go past my house, they sound pretty gnarly with the right exhaust

>High Output

Reporting

Carefully. I'm sure there are some guides but isn't it a tight fit already?

Hey IS300 bro, just got mine a few days ago

k

damn that lip looks great

>666
>l28
Devil z pls go

Hey can i post here

v6 and flat 6 are superior

VR6 > I6 > V6

Wrong

in which car did it make 272hp?

had to break it to you but i got a feeling some Holden that was rebadge korean or china shit had inline 6 that was front wheel drive.

Hello world

>the worst of all 6 cylinder engine configurations

"Daily" being subjective..

>japs made some fucking amazing l6
>so did europeans
>but murricans never did

why is that?

Completely ignoring the venerable AMC 4.2 and 4.0...

Tfw no Flat/35/70 degree wvw6

Hes also forgetting the fucking indestructible 144,170, and 200 special I6s Ford made in the early 60s.

I though you had a v8, not a inline 6?.

This guy gets it.

can anyone tell me why americans are so obsessed with V6 engines? I6 is objectively better in every way

More compact engine means more room for freedom in the cabin.

Postin

It's a shit car to daily but I love driving it too much

It's also cheaper to casterate a v8 into a 90 degree v6 than it is to tool up for a proper engine.
The only v6 that's allowed is the Buick gnx turbo because the mussle car boys get butthurt over it.

>It's a shit car to daily

I never really drove mine as a daily but its easily the best car I've ever driven. If it wasn't for the shitty UK weather I'd probably daily it.

Actually just noticed it's a single. I have heard it makes it worse as a daily. Mines Stock Twin BPU so I guess I wouldn't know.

All the space in these engine bays makes my dick hard. I wish new cars weren't all jammed full of shit that I don't want anyway.

I bought a v8 to build and drop in but for now its s5yill the i6

That feeling when you can change the oil and filter just by opening the bonnet, no jack needed.

Yeh it wasn't too bad back when it had the stock twins, but the 5puck clutch is a pain in the ass , its been converted to ethanol and I always end up scraping my front lip trying to get up ramps or driveways.

I'm lucky we pretty much have sunny weather everyday here in Aus, fuck trying to drive it in the wet all the time haha, got any pics of your soup?

Since there is no replacement for displacement and push rods push gods, and since inline 6 engines are the best, have there ever been large displacement i6 engines that use pushrods instead of valves?

Not really any good ones cause I don't take many pictures.

Posted here before. This is directly after swapping the wheels over which is why its sitting high right now. Next thing for me is to take the side skirts off as I fancy the carbon Ridox ones. The previous owner put these on and I kinda hate them.

Push rods instead of valves would be a bad time.

Yanks built some 4 and near 5 litre sixes (sexes?) Trouble was they were built as the budget line and suffered for it, built right they would have been as good as the v8s.

You really went out, took a photo of your car with a massive bird shit on it, and said "yeah, ill upload this"?

Are you really complaining that a car is "shit to daily" because you "scrape"?

OP can you tell that cherubim asshole to stop blowing his bloody vuvuzela at my M20 block?

Yes. I didn't take it with the intention of uploading it. Was just so show somebody.

This is the car the day I bought it. I havent done too much with it but it's coming off the road in a couple years anyway.

Standards are lower in the UK since brexit/tory country skullfuck.

>but it's coming off the road in a couple years anyway.

Why?

Neither of those are "amazing". They're simply large engines that experienced above average longevity through a complete lack of performance. They do the job, and that's it. Hell, it took the convicts in upside-down land to even figure out the exhaust and intake didn't have to be on the same side of the cylinder head.

The car isn't perfect, I feel like I could benefit from a full rebuild. Plus I'd like to go single turbo.
The plan is to strip it down and sell off what I dont want. Then get to work.

They're just happy they figured out how to remove the starter motor...

Kek,
Starters are easy when you have donald trump hands.

Oh I remember seeing you post this pic before in some other thread

Um yes? its not just scraping, iv cracked my front lip and bent the front bar trying to get up steep ramps. I know its not the lowest car out there but when you have to daily it, that gets pretty fucking frustrating

Damn I love that red tho, sounds like you got some big plans for her?

Or regular spanners...

My goal is basically to have the supra come back onto the road as fresh as a factory model. But I also want it to be pushing around 700hp reliably. So a built engine is on the list.

I6 turbodiesel with 5-speed coming though. Air bagged so I can actually drive it around without rattling the teeth from my skull. 29mpg on the highway.

Shiit thats gonna be an expensive project man, hope it all goes well for you tho, thing will be a beast with 700hp

Name?

Big dirty TarpoBarraCoon reporting

After WWII Europe was in ruins while the USA was prospering and booming. The europeans had to use inexpensive means of transportation during that rebuild time (hence why places like GB had cafe racers and the Us had drag racing) while the US was free to develop freely. As a result, Europeans focused on inexpensive vehicles driven by small engines while the US had the ability to throw big V8s in their cars. Europeans got good at developing these small displacement engines as they rebuilt the ruins of post WWII europe and dealt with heavy taxation, while Americans got good at building big v8s with no compromise (until emmissions in the 70s). This trend still carries on today, yet many never really question why. Had the war been different, Europe could have been the one making huge v8s post war while the US would be making small displacement engines.

This also applies to Japan as they were in a bad economic state as well, even worse than Europe actually.

Murrsaydeez still has an I6 doesn't it?

It's going to cost more than what the car is worth, but it's my favorite car and it's not like I plan on selling it. I think it's easily going to set me back 30k. Taking it off the road will mean I don't have to fork out for maintenance costs/repairs. As the car is over 20 years old these things come up. For example I had a coolant hose spring a leak directly over my alternator which ruined it. £190 for a new one. Fitted it myself so no labour cost as it's fairly easy to get to on these cars.

Oh and even the fuel tank defender has set me back £300 as mine is rusted. This car costs me about 4-5k in the 2 years that I've had it. So you can see why taking it off the road would speed up the process of getting it rebuilt.

On older cars like GM shit 350s that are carbbed or have tuned port injection you'll gain a few horsepower and torque by removing catalytic converters because of how awfully restrictive they are. Also, shape of exhaust does matter if you do anything other than just straight piping it. Source is enginemasters on youtube.

I'm a weird guy. I had a straight-six Chevy Trailblazer and a V8 BMW 5-series.

OK.

Says the guy posting pictures of niggers

Are twin I6's allowed here?

Even the old AMC 4l in my Jeep sounds good. How is this possible? Why are I6 engines the best?