If metric is so much better than imperial them why do euros use hp?

If metric is so much better than imperial them why do euros use hp?

we just don't know

hp is a measure of torque x rpm though

Institutional inertia.

Plus, do you really want people to know that your 300 Horsepower ricer engine only makes the same power output as about 220 microwave ovens?

They don't, they use Pferdestärke.

Kilowatts make more sense, but horsepower sounds cooler

>Using kraut units
go to hell, jerry

This is why we still use imperial.. It's all about pleasant conversation and easy relatability. I stand 6'3". Thas easy to understand, and you dont have to break out a god damn cell phone to look up a fucking conversion. It sounds nice, rolls off the tongue easy, and won;t make you sound like a damn nerd. We still use metric for anything scientific, so don't even worry about it. Just relax. things are ok man.

I'm hammered so here's a horse.

I suppose the answer is that the only operation that a consumer will ever perform with a car's power is to compare it with the power of another car, so the advantages of the SI are almost entirely irrelevant. Personally I passive-aggressively use kilowatts wherever possible. I know my own power output in watts, so it's nice to be able to keep both quantities in context.

Your point being?

Not universally.

That's just the kraut name.

>Using two numbers and two units is somehow easier to understand than one number and one unit
Needing outside assistance to make a conversion is a 'feature' of Imperial, not the SI.

but like you sound like a fag

This is true

?

Its rebadged hp

BLESS

because it gives bigger number.
also people generally associate watts with electricity, so using it for cars can probably confuse some people.

>2017
>Not being a degenerate faggot
Get a load of this loser

No it's not.

if euros use metric, why is time still measured in 24?

Why do they still use inches on their wheels (and tires in FIA-sanctioned races)?

Why do the British still measure themselves in feet+inches and their speed limits in MPH?

Get you and your horse shit out before i fucking kill you

>it's another "I am a dumb american" OP

imperial for length, weight, and volume is fucking stupid, deal with it fatasses

Torque is measured in ft/lbs not m/lbs

>horsefucker

please kill yourself faggot

they use all at the same time lol, kw, hp and ps (in germany)

and the best- british weight themselves in ''stone'' not kg/lb

Torque is also measured in N.m you dingus

If imperial is better why do you use liter. And gigabyte.

Oh, and the horsepower is metric too. The whole world uses it. There's an imperial HP as well but it's only used in this third world shit hole where a few Jews have billions and all the peasants call themselves rich.

ps is usually so close to hp its like saying "BHP"

its usually representative of whats coming out of the crank

We don't
PS / HP got declared deprecated in the 70s, the official unit for power is Watt.

This. Most car manufacturers and more serious magazines use kW.

this same dude is pushing german nationalist propaganda in a bunch of different threads on here

Living in the UK is pain
> Drive in Miles, cycle in km, messure in cm
>Order drinks in Pints, buy soda in ml
>Food in grams, weight in stone

Only benifit is being able to understand Euroland and Burgerland when on holiday

Historical habit. Most sources quote power in both hp and kW.

Yeah if you are a eurocuck

Rather be a """Eurocuck""" than an Amerikike.

*m/kgs

most of Europeans are inbred

>Gas vehicles banned 2030

>and the best- british weight themselves in ''stone'' not kg/lb
As a brit, this is fucking retarded
Pints are the proper measurement of beer tho

Test

but we dont use horsepower

we use kilowats, even license limitations are in kilowats