Does the WRX pull timing? Does it have rev hang?

Does the WRX pull timing? Does it have rev hang?

Other urls found in this thread:

cobbtuning.com/products/accessport/subaru-accessport-v3-ap3-sub-001
youtu.be/QQ8CUHOzkrU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

1. Yes 2. Yes

AP3 will get rid of both and more.

This? cobbtuning.com/products/accessport/subaru-accessport-v3-ap3-sub-001

Yeah.

And oddly enough this is probably one of the only reviewers to mention it.

youtu.be/QQ8CUHOzkrU

yes, yes

it's a dull car stock. needs at least an exhaust and tune to make it perk up

>tfw never drove manual in my life and want a wrx or sti

What do?

>buy old manual civic/corolla
>drive for 2 months
>sell manual learner car
>buy wrx or sti

You'll spend more than 2 months waffling on the decision

Buy one and set aside the cash for a clutch replacement just in case you really suck (for more than a week or two)

if you can actually afford one then go to a dealership tell them you want buy and cant drive stick because you are a cuck

they make them in automatic :^)

Probably do this but where I live those things are higher in price and stolen a lot.
>Life in a border town
Found an 95 Trooper for 700 that is manual.

This sounds like a way to destroy a vehicle out of stupidity.

>

>Cucking yourself with their CVT.

>tfw never drove manual in my life and want a wrx or sti
Buy a beater that you wouldn't mind stalling out/fucking up the clutch on

Or get a friend to teach you if you're not a basement dweller

>CVT Literally gets worse gas mileage then the manual

Yeah I think the suggestion to buy a 5 speed corolla or civic and learn for 2 months suggestion is the best idea.

So close to pulling trigger on a wrx. Its a good dd that is still fun. Im also looking at the ST and the GTI. What do Veeky Forums if i cant have rwd i would want awd. Stock tune on wrx sucking is the biggest negative at the moment as i want to keep warreny for as long as possible.

actually the 2018 wrx cvt is a great daily driver if you get it in limited trim.

Not all dealers are same when it comes to warranty work, if one denies just take to another dealer. Guaranteed your gonna mod the ST or GTI anyways

Whoever says to buy a shitty civic for two months first has too much money. It's really not that hard to learn manual on your own. Even check with a friend first. I bought my first manual car and drove it off the lot on just YouTube tutorials the week leading up to it. You really won't destroy your clutch learning on it, just know the concept and the very basics and you can totally do it.

Dont they do that shit where they put yo iyour vin on a list and every dealer you take it too will auto reject you? Either way there is ony one dealer in my area. The next closest would be about a 1.5 hr drive away

Not in my case, I've been denied warranty work, went to other dealer with no problem or record and got a fuel pump replaced because of chirps (gt86). Could be different case with blown engine so who knows

I basically learned manual on my hawkeye two years and haven't fucked the clutch yet.

yet

I was in the same boat. Pulled the trigger anyway and couldn't be happier. It's a very easy car to learn manual on, don't stress about it too much.

This looks like a fun place to drive. Where is it?

I need to go test drive one, which will be fun because I haven't driven a manual in a really long time.

No idea. Just found an image.

Wtf is rev hang?

It's when the engine continues to maintain RPM for a time after the gas pedal is released. It fucks up timing your shifts.

Shouldn't that make it easier?

not for upshifting. if the revs don't drop enough, you need to wait longer before depressing the clutch or risk lurching/damaging the clutch.

meant for

I drove a friend's stock 2017 STI and it was weird as fuck. Push down on the throttle and nothing happens until the engine hits 3K and then WHOOSH the car slingshots to the redline in the first three gears faster than I could take my foot off the gas.

Do these cars have super short gearing? I was rowing faster than even my old Miata. And that throttle/turbo response was bizarre.

My '04 Mustang does this. Real pain in the ass. I'm sitting there with my dick/stick in my hand waiting for the RPM to drop as the car starts to slow down.

Either that or fuck the synchros and jam it in.

Do this, look up iac restrictor plate, and attach it in between the iac valve and throttle body. Your revs will fall quicker than Sweden's average iq after they opened their borders. You may also get some nice crackle in your exhaust.

Is rev hang better for your car or is it just purely for pleasing emissions bureaucrats.

I think my car might have it, should I do an ecu flash?

That's just tarbo fer ya

The clutch is literally designed to be replacable, worrying about "fucking up" parts intended to take abuse and easily get swapped out is like worrying about dirtying your toilet bowl when taking a shit.

That's why it's there.

>This sounds like a way to destroy a vehicle out of stupidity.
>Destroy a vehicle
>By learning to use a manual transmission

How exactly do you figure that?

Are you assuming he's gonna shift from 5th to 2nd at like 80mph or something?

>easily
come do mine for me then fag