Is owning an ecoboost mustang really that bad

Is owning an ecoboost mustang really that bad.

Why bother getting a mustang if you're worried about fuel economy

The only part about it thats better than the v8 is fuel economy and it's not by enough to justify it even as a DD, so yeah, it's really that bad.

Yes.
>Being slower than GT
>Being less reliable than GT
>Losing more value than GT

Yes, it's basically worse than the V6 in dding, needlessly complicated and will cost more to repair, and the V8 gets only slightly worse mileage because you're still driving the same 3800lbs landbarge around.

If you got the budget to modify it I can see it being awesome, but stock for stock I can't see not getting the V8. It is a heavy chassis.

the last thing you should care about when buying a mustang is MPG

This. OP didn't specifically mention MPG but ferchristssake if you're going to buy a muscle car buy a muscle car.

Three kinds of people buy Mustangs:

1. People who want GTs and can afford them
2. People who want GTs and can't afford them
3. People (women) who want a sporty-looking car and don't care about performance

Buying a V6 Mustang usually means you settled. Buying an Ecoboost means you settled but didn't have the dignity to just accept settling.

And it gets worse with used Mustangs. When the prices come down, GTs are the only ones enthusiasts want and non-GTs are bought by people who want the cheapest model possible.

I don't see the point to something more expensive than the V6 that isn't a GT. Especially in a few years when a high-strung turbo 4 is going to be shitting itself.

You're pretty much always better off buying the last gen V8 if the current V8 are too expensive for you and all you can afford are the others.

It's not that bad. Performance wise it's better than the V6, and has better mileage, but they all weigh as much as the V8.

I WAS JUST IN A YOUTUBE NIGGER CHAT AND I AM GOING OFF SON NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA MAKE MY TEETH SHINE

it's just pointless. if you're gonna get an ecoboost, get something better handling and more practical like a fiesta ST

No. It's actually quite good. But it's not a real muscle car, which makes it lame.

They are cheaper.

No.

A guy at my work bought a ecoboost last year. He did some mods to do it and then put on the GT emblems.

Straw man post, worst post.

Be a regular person. Test drive both and tell be you would honestly end up with an ST. ST owner in pic.

>is owning a mustang really that bad
Yes, ford is shit

It's the "Mustang" bit that's the problem. Get the Focus RS from Ford Europe. It beats the Mustang in daily practicality as well as on the track.

That's a jeep though.

kinda pointless since its a pigfat lolcantturn however americans try to spin it.
Might as well have a v8

Aren't they discontinuing the V6?

the resale value is the biggest problem in my eyes, i wonder exactly how much money you lose by going with an optioned v6/i4 over a stripped v8 after 5 years

But then you're stuck with an overpriced blob

They're not bad cars at all, but you'd probably have a better "mustang experience" with a 3 valve

Yeah, they are for 2018.

I haven't driven newer ones, but I own an older GT and I've driven a lot of other cars. The Mustang's kind of a pig for what it is so the V8 is the only reason I'd get one. They put the Ecoboost in smaller, better handling cars too.

>but they all weigh as much as the V8.

The V8 is almost 200 lbs heavier than the Ecoboost and V6.

>is owning a...mustang really that bad
yes

v6 and ecoboost are female cars. legit serious

if you have a gf and wants either those 2 you've failed

Just get a V8.

Anyone with a V8 will laugh at you, and you deserve it.

I would take the Ecoboost over the V6 (even though that's not an option anymore). I would still prefer the V8 out of the 3 options, but with a tune you can make the Ecoboost outpreform the V6 by a longshot. Easy decision.

I assume its more the difference in price

dat ecoboost is under 30k making it affordable on payments by trailer trash like me

while dat 5.0 is not affordable

Still relatively quick and good looking car but it's just an open invitation for people to mock you

>It actually weights 3400lbs.
>yfw

Not really, the V6 is faster around a track because it doesn't have a turbo that overheats.
Don't know why they discontinued the v6 when it's actually faster stock for stock.

With a turbo and a tune you could make the Cyclone blow the absolute fucking nigger shit out of a 2.3L cheap turbo I4.

You're a cunt and a faggot.

because they are pushing their ecotoot turboshit platforms - the V6 wasn't environmentally friendly enough and they knew they'd sell way more of them than the V8s

>Just add $6-15,000 of mods and the V6 will be faster

You are so stupid

More like 1500-2500 and you ended up with a faster/cheaper and more reliable v6 Mustang that doesn't sound like a civic.

This.

You're just a moron. Enjoy getting dusted by boomers in their V6 RAV4s, faggot.

Tbh in the real world most people wont notice or care about which engine the mustang has. Autists on Veeky Forums will give you shit still even though most of them probably dont even own a car. Only get the v8 if it fits your budget and consider a used one.

The only people dumb enough to buy one are the same that end questions with periods instead of question marks.

>needlessly complicated

Don't ever ever ever buy a turbo 4 then, because it's basically the same thing as a Fusion Sport, Focus RS/ST, etc.

>it's basically the same thing as a Fusion Sport, Focus RS/ST, etc.

Those are all turd cars. You've just proven his point.

They aren't "turd" cars.

I'm saying that people love shit like the RS, but never refer to it as "needlessly complicated," so it doesn't make sense to apply the same logic to the Ecostang.

Yes it does, because they're all turd cars which are needlessly complicated. The Japanese have been making powerful I4s, with and without turbos, as well as powerful low-displacement 6 cylinders for decades.

The North Americans take a reliable engine like the MZR and assfuck it sideways with a cheap turbo and DI, then tell everyone it's a RACEKAR.

In reality, those fucking things grenade at 60,000 miles and require complete rebuilds. They're TURD CARS and your brain is made of SQUISHED TURDS.

Just get an older v8 instead

SN95 is love, SN95 is life.

Owning a car is good

5.0 isn't costly, what the fuck

God I can't wait for summer to end.

do you like being made fun of?

if so yes... get the ecobeast

Is everyone aware that you can buy a warranty-safe tune from ford that puts you within 10 lb/ft of torque or so of the 5.0?

Imo, thinking of an ecoboost mustang as a modern s-chassis kinda changes things. its an amazing car, and if it was called anything other than a 'musting' and i think most people wouldnt have an issue with it

Veeky Forums has a phobia of anything other than top-trim engines, which is why everyone knocks the f-type v6 despite it being widely considered to be the best sounding production v6 ever made

I would much sooner buy a lightly used GT from a private seller.

You can get stock ones for 20-26k with very low miles. 13-14 which is proving to be the more desirable years and now the 15+ are already around 25-29k. You can get 11-12 GT's with 40-80k for 12-18k.. really great budget cars at this point.

I paid 26k for my '14 with 4.5k miles and a roush phase 3 tvs supercharger kit, some tasteful exterior stuff, and suspension.

I can respect the ecoboosts and v6's but I just can't see where they would ever make much financial sense if performance is part of what you're looking for. Mine even with ~600whp still gets 26-28mpg highway. I couldn't use a small mpg increase to justify how much less the car would be worth in a couple years.

Now if you buy a v6 or ecoboost used sure, if they've already lost their huge chunk of value they can be an okay decision though I still wouldn't buy one because I wanted a performance car but because I wanted a sporty daily.

So you can go back to school and see all of the people who aren't your friends?

>used mustang

>some tasteful exterior stuff

>ROUSH

lol no

How much fuel l/km does a 2015+ GT use?
Im actually looking to buy one here in yuropoor.
Sadly I find no good deals and not in my preference on the GT. Only ecoboost. Kinda funny because there are like 50% more used GTs to buy than ecoboosts.
Im almost leaning to just fucking buy an ecoboost if that doesnt get better.

you realize the roush tvs blower kit and the roush fuel system kit are mechanical mods and not exterior right?

only changed things on exterior are the gt500 spoiler, the painted stock wheels, rtr vented rear trim insert, and the splitter. Eibach 1.5" lowering springs if you want to count that.

this just one of those user things of just saying stuff to be able to disagree?