Best Hatchback?

Looking at getting a new, or very modern, hatchback as my new DD/all around vehicle for summers. Current front runner is the GTI sport, but I'm looking for advice on any others

TLDR: redpill me on hatchbacks

civic r? its cheaper than a gti

Tell that to the dealer markups

Miata

Veloster

then wait a few months for them to catch up

Le god hatch

OP here, I was waiting for this. I've had two friends with ST's and they've both had issues with their drivetrains. Even though under warranty, their experiences have soured me on the ST/RS hype train for the moment

the ST is also heavy, if that matters to you.
civic R is lighter. imo i would get a civic and shut up.

Were they focus or fiestas? The focus seems to have more problems than the fiesta. Haven't had any problems with my fiesta yet

Good catch, both of theirs were focus's. I don't mind the civic r, but it's more expensive than the gti and I'm not sold on the look

Where is a Civic R cheaper than a GTI?

Even fully optioned, the GTI is cheaper than the R.

Do many people like the look of the civic? To me, it looks like somthing only a 10 year old would think is cool

I don't like it at all

It was made to appeal to 15-21 year olds, yet they are the very demo that can't afford it.

I think I have brain damage. There's absolutely no reason to get this thing over a GTI, but I can't stop lusting over it. Please send help.

why? what's wrong with your current car? why do you need a hatchback?

My current car is a 27 year old Jeep that gets abysmal gas mileage. Now that I'm older and in a good place in my life, figured I should get an adult car

I just got a 2017 GTI SE.

I love it. You'll love it. It's the ubiquitous hot hatch. Highly reccomended by Clarkson too.

There nothing wrong with a fiesta st, buts it's not on the same level as the GTI. That would be the focus, and the GTI is still faster.

If I wanted an "adult" car out of all the hot hatches the GTI easily wins.

You might be gay, go suck a dick to be sure.

I'm assuming you're the user that just bought yours, congrats again bro. Like I said, two of my buddies have owned Focus ST's and they've both had issues with theirs so I'm not sold on them atm. My other thought was maybe a Mazda 3, but you lose out on performance I think.

I see all these faster hot hatches and the one thing that turns me away from all of them is the styling. they look like 3rd generation Geo Metros which were that ugly egg shape.

Pic related.
Been trying to red pill myself on it but i like the styling of last generation Chevrolet Sonic. but...

>It's not fast
>it's fwd without awd option
>rs only adds badges fogs and lip kit
>the ac makes it slower
I drive a cruze and it has the same engine. the AC sucks the life out of the little turbo charged 1.4l engine.

>5 door Fiesta
just looks wrong, the 3 door looks much better

It just means you actually have some quality tastes.

I got a 2017 GTI Sport, so its another new GTI user.

These things are selling for 3k-4k under invoice, like mine. I think there has been several GTI purchase threads this past month.

Do it.

I have a Golf 7 GTD, there is nothing to be redpilled about.

>gti
>adult

ewww the worse hatch tbqh

the exhaust sound is the first and only reason you need

Fiesta or GTC4 Lusso

>These things are selling for 3k-4k under invoice, like mine. I think there has been several GTI purchase threads this past month.

The 2018s will be shipped out in a couple months, so dealerships are trying to get them out the door as quickly as possible.
I was parking my car on campus last week there were probably 10 brand new GTIs still with temporary plates in the parking garage.

>TLDR: redpill me on hatchbacks
Ugly little cuckmobiles

Is there a reason to pick the gti over the golf r for someone who knows they will be doing alot of snow driving?

$10k cheaper.

If you can afford a Golf R, then you really shouldn't be in the market for a Golf R.

Elantra GT Sport.

So is the GTI supposed to drive like shit?

yes, it says so in the manual. Papa Deutschland does this to keep the U.S. roads safe.

Come Oppie this gives you great performance and it's the current best looking hatchback, get this instead.