Redpill me on the Honda Prelude

I found one with 2.2 VTEC Engine (200 PS) with "only" ~150 000 km.
AC, Sunroof, cruise control and leather seats

5.999 €

Other urls found in this thread:

denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-honda-prelude/6240906411.html
cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/d/honda-prelude-sh/6247606000.html
suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=244466351&ambitCountry=DE&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=11000&makeModelVariant1.modelId=17&pageNumber=1&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=creationTime&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I was buying those for under 3.300 € when I was 18...a DECADE ago.

Seems expensive, those things are like sub 2k here.

Burgerland?
I don't see very many 5th gen Preludes, and when they are, the only sub 2k ones are beat to shit or out of commission.

i dont think that they were in a good condition

some cars especially Japanese are here in the EU quite rare

It's worth half that, pass

That's a hefty ricer tax on that.

Are either of these worth checking out?

denver.craigslist.org/cto/d/2001-honda-prelude/6240906411.html

cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/d/honda-prelude-sh/6247606000.html

UK

Honda accord coupe but more expensive to buy and own

G E T 3 K C I V I C

>Some try to still it and they broke the plastic around the key

Seller of the first one can't operate a keyboard, what makes you think they can own a car?

That second white one actually looks pretty good though, would be worth checking out in person and test driving at least. They at least care enough to cover the car and keep the tank of gas full.

wdym, I see 5th gen preludes all the fucking time here, an auto prelude is like the roastie car of choice

keep looking for a type s son
Lighter and 240hp with lsd

They are both so insanely overpriced I wouldn't even bother calling either of them. I really don't understand why people do this. They ask for thousands of dollars MORE than what a car is worth on a good day because oh I did this and that, as if putting money into a car makes it more valuable.

KBB puts good condition Preludes at around 3.5k in my area, and SHes at around 5.5k, but yeah I'm not sure how I feel about overpaying just because they did a bit of maintenance on the car that should already be expected at that point in its life.

Has the wrong engine, should have been sold with the F20B

It's an excellent car, but that seems a little expensive. Maybe prices are different over there though.

The second one is. If you don't plan on doing much to the car, a clean SH is what you want.

>buying a Prelude
>ever

at least buy a 4WS

5th gens didn't come with 4WS

Only 3rd and 4th gens.

With the 5th gen they released the SH Package, which essentially uses clutches at the Cv Axles to distribute torque to the outer wheel in a corner to turn the car.

I

I own one

it's one of the most underappreciated Hondas made during it's time from 97-01

I have an '01 SH with stage 1 cams, full bolt ons, and Hondata S300 doing about 190whp. It's not a lot but it's a lot more than the factory 161whp it dyno'd at.

It has weird quirks, certain things to look out for that break prematurely (for a Honda)

distributor cap/rotor, door handle chrome flaking/breaks, seat rails become brittle with age

all these things are hilariously cheap to fix and range from $12-20 to replace.

For example every oil sealing gasket at 200k decided to leak at the same time, they ranged between $2-12 and 10-45 min to replace. Plus it was fun. Motor runs strong and the car is still cheaper and makes more power than most Integras I see on the road

>SH
>Hondata
But ATTS

ATTS is disabled, switching out to LSD transmission and Euro R motor and switching cams/bolt-ons/ECU

Easily the best fwd sport coupe of the 90s. Once you own one you'll love them for life.

Pic related: my 5th gen

Also 6k is way too much. Unless that's just scary they cost in Europe. I could easily get one for under 2 grand in Indiana

You talk shit

€ is not $

I could buy a bmw 328i e36 for about 2000 € here

You get hit, faggot

>love how it looks but in Europe you can only get 133 HP shit or 2.2 200HP but insurance on anything over 2.0 is two times more expensive
I want to fucking die

Buy an old BMW 3 series

If I had to choose only between BMW and bus I would take the second one

I own one, and it's an absolutely great car. That said, it's not worth nearly that much - maybe half that. In North America these go in great condition for 4-5k all day long and it's a great deal at those prices. If you do decide to get one get the manual, do a compression test before purchase, watch out for rust on the quarter panels, and check for a leaking distributor. Other than basic stuff they're just another 90s Honda, super reliable even when beat on.

get btfo?

As a daily driver, I would honestly pick my Prelude over an Integra. Way nicer interior, ride quality, similar handling, similar huge aftermarket, same acceleration / top end pull, more torque down low, slightly safer, etc. Not to mention Integras are everywhere whereas Preludes satisfy my autistic need to not see my car all over the place.

The fact that it's a 2d hatch alone makes the Integra superior. Also it is lighter and maybe a bit better handling. I do agree Preludes are less common and maybe better looking though

I got my GS-R for 4 grand USD. Pic related, I miss my parking buddy, a fucking mint SH

there are a lot more babied preludes than there are integras though. a sub 50k miles gs-r is pretty much unobtainium whereas low mileage preludes are a dime a dozen

Fair point. I was lucky enough to pick up a GS-R with 60k miles

Not to mention the Preludes are a lot less prone to rice tax due to lack of trim levels. If you buy any fifth gen, it comes with the great H22. In order to get the higher trim engine in the Intergra, you absolutely need to find a GSR, since the GS was absolutely gutless.

just fucking buy it you dumb fucking retard, write/call the owner, drive and see it for uself, do anything that will make you stop making those threads every day

So that would be $2390?

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=244466351&ambitCountry=DE&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVariant1.makeId=11000&makeModelVariant1.modelId=17&pageNumber=1&scopeId=C&sortOption.sortBy=creationTime&sortOption.sortOrder=DESCENDING

What's so great about the SH that it's worth twice as much as a base model?