/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 11.3 (11.4 via system transfer or hardmod)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.05 (Userland)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
b9s + CFW: 3ds-guide.b4k.co/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Wii: sites.google.com/site/completesg/hacking-guide
Vita: pastebin.com/D3rMbNQp

-RECENT NEWS-
The titlekey website has temporarily moved to the following links
3ds.titlekeys.gq/
wiiu.titlekeys.gq/

>3DS
[May 25] Some 3DS users are receiving LocalFriendCodeSeed_B bans, preventing online play and use of the Friend List.
Everything else, like downloading games from the eShop/FreeShop, browsing the web or using other online services like Miiverse works.
There's no known correlation between the bans at the moment. You can unban yourself by replacing the banned LocalFriendCodeSeed_B file with one from a console that hasn't been banned (guide in the Pastebin), but be careful, as this could potentially lead to or even increase the chances of another ban. In addition, all of the public LocalFriendCodeSeed_B files have been banned as well. There are reports that some non-hacked 3DS also got banned.
[May 20] sighax and boot9strap have been released, allowing to dump bootroms and to mod any 3DS. The guide has been updated.
Note that 11.4 (latest) at the moment still needs either a hardmod or a specific legitimately obtained DSiWare game and an already modded 3DS.
New Luma releases will only support b9s. If you're using a9lh you can switch to b9s by following this 3ds-guide.b4k.co/updating-to-boot9strap
[May 12] NTR 3.5 has been released, adds support for streaming from 11.4. github.com/44670/BootNTR/releases/tag/bootntr_3.2

>Vita
[May 9] Coldboot HENkaku teased for July 27. enso.henkaku.xyz/

Other urls found in this thread:

hackerone.com/nintendo/hacktivity?sort_type=latest_disclosable_activity_at&filter=type:all to:nintendo&page=1&range=forever
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I'm still not banned

You all bitchniggas

>customer support user doesn't want to get somebody banned so he insists on doing the check himself

I don't care if I get banned, I've sent you an email, NNID starts with "mr" in case you got more than one email. Send my shit off ASAP and report back on the double.

See and followups. No closure until at least 9am BST tomorrow. Wait for verifyfag.

The ban is very large and very wide spread. It means many devs are working on a work around. There are methods to do so. It will take a week at most. Don't panic and try to transfer a friend code seed from an unbanned 3DS because that will likely just get banned as well.

Don't panic
Wait it out

Nintendo is just trying to shake the boat
You can last a week without playing a 3DS online game. There aren't many.

I'm not banned yet but i think i've accepted my fate.

See you on the otherside nintenbros

I've created this image to help latefriends understand what's been happening during the night. I hope this will fully explain what happened, and why some of us are /blessed/ while everyone else is sweetie tier.

Same as last thread, post your status.

>Banned/Not Banned
>Region
>freeShop user yes or no, if yes what version
>AL9H, b9s or rxTools

>been playing pokemon online
>latest freeshop
>b9s
>not banned

All possible ban reasons:

Using Ctrhttpwn to access eShop and other shit
Accessing eShop on a hacked device
Using old freeShop
Using new freeShop
Having a NNID on a hacked device
Something to do with Luma
Activity Log
Having a custom theme
Using NTR
Having "show friends titles you're playing" turned on when using homebrew programs

Nonfactors:
A9LH or B9S
Region

The banwave was created to shut down all 3DS users to promote the Switch

>9 years worth of pokemon in pokemon bank
>banned

>Banned/Not Banned
Not Banned
>Region
EUR
Yes, new version
>AL9H, b9s or rxTools
Moved to B9S the past week from a9lh

>Not banned
>Played online yesterday
>Used new freeshop to download Fire Emblem a few days ago
>B9S

>using the official pokebank
I'm sorry, but you deserve it.

Not banned
EU
Old version
a9lh

>some Spanishfag selling seeds

Wait till they get banned again

what the hell is "new" freeshop? Do you mean freeshop 2.0?

why is rxTools considered the same as A9LH and B9S? Shouldnt it be Emunand?

>not banned
>NA
>nu-shop
>AL9H

Freeshop, FBI and Luma all up to date as of last week, didn't switch to b9s. Haven't touched Decrypt9 or Homebrew channel since January

freeshop 3 got released this week

>Not Banned (yet?)
>EUR
>freeshop user, new fork
>11.3, BS9 Luma

Inject them all back, you got nothing to lose now.

>Banned
>EU
>Freeshop User
>B9S

Last updated I did with freeshop was 2 days ago. Last download with freeshop was last week. Suppose on the bright side, I don't play online often so I've lost nothing.

>they said homebrew isn't illegal
>people get banned left and right

>Banned
>EUR
>pedoshop
>b9s

So I didn't realize but I updated my O3DS and now it's a black screen all the time when I try to turn it on. I had AL9H and I think I was at 11.2 or something. Did I just fuck myself?

update luma

>Banned/Not Banned
Not Banned
>Region
Muricca
Yup, the latest version
>AL9H, b9s or rxTools
B9s

Actually, I think people should be posting if they've played Pokemon or Fire Emblem as well. It looks like there's a correlation between the two based on some threads on /v/.

Is Boot9Strap absolutely necessary as soon as possible? I got ban-hammered and don't really feel like dicking with my 3DS now.

>download retroarch .7z
>download the roms you want
>put everything on the sd card
>launch emulator, select game, play
>also have useful features that are essential to any modern emulator
>also get emulators for non-nintendo consoles

>go to 3dsiso
>log in
>look for every single VC game you want through the forum posts using the messy search system
>hope someone actually posted them
>go through empty request threads and other shit that has nothing to do with what you're looking for
>find broken links
>finally manage to get some of the games you want
>put the .cias on the SD card
>install them through FBI
>finally get to play them
>only one savestate, can't change assigned buttons
>got closer to the 300 installed titles limit
>the banners don't even look good and the uploader put his name and/or spam in the game's name field
>since only retards go to 3dsiso, you're also using windows and don't block ads so you now have malware on your computer and also got banned on your 3ds

I think they always had the ability to ban us all, now that magnethax is a thing they want to scare people away from installing CFW.

Not banned (yet)
USA
New Freeshop
Updated yesterday to b9s

Just played a bit of pokemon, but offline

>not banned
>europe
>nope, only FBI
>B9S

banned
usa
no freeshop
a9lh + luma

It's not illegal but it's against ToS.

Old Freeshop*

Banned
EU
Freeshop 2.2.0
AL9H
haven't played fire emblem or pokemon

You do realize this is just going to be pointless right? They're literally banning random people, there's no connection.

>no freeshop

Deja vu.

I've never downloaded or played either and I'm banned, so no.
They're probably facing hell from their stockholders over the magnet thing.

yes i download everything from 3dsiso

Who /shrödinger'sban/ here?

I can't be banned if I don't turn my 3DS on to check.

There may be a connection between something we just don't know yet, like something we just glance over since we're so used to doing it that no one is bringing it up.

Best part is it'll be an exploit in N2DSXL since it's far too late to remove it at this point in development.

Not Banned
I prefer to ahve .cia backups so no
Emunand user, im here to learn how to switch to b9s

me desu

Aye.

Can't you log in from another 3DS if you connect your account? Still, he's dumb for using the official Pokébank, he shouldn't have trusted a service like that, that pointlessly asks for money too.

me

I've used freeshop for over a year and I'm not banned.

>Banned
>EUR
>Yes the newest one
>b9s

Yeah, I'm too paranoid to check. I'm just going to wait until this blows over a bit.

>I prefer to ahve .cia backups so no
>not downloading them from the freeShop and then making .cia out of installed games using decrypt9

Are there reports of bans from people who aren't hacked?

>Don't even play online
>banned
>mad although I dont need it
FUCKING AUTISM REEE

>going to 3dsiso
You have to be retarded.

There are a few on reddit, people have linked them in last thread

Only claims

>yfw the ban script goes down user by user by user
>if a title ID is found that is not a known one (most homebrew), ban
>millions of systems being processed very very slowly
>yfw we'll all be banned and there's nothing we can do about it except inject everything into health & safety from the beginning, all the time

One from /r/3ds

I checked like 3 times over 8 hours, not banned, I don't wanna check again.

So far i only seen one person in reddit. But then again he had 3 other 3ds who had cfw and were NOT banned. So shrug? Maybe ninty banned 1 console randomly off his mac/ip?

The NNID, which is tied to the pokebank data, is stuck to that 3DS forever and can't be used on another.
The only hope he has is if the eventual pokebank on switch will let him connect using that NNID.

Nintendo can unlink the NNID if you tell them you lost your 3DS.

Me, last time I used freeshop was last saturday :( I am afraid

oh thats possible? i wish i knew that earlier

>>yfw we'll all be banned and there's nothing we can do about it except inject everything into health & safety from the beginning, all the time
That's... reasonable...

literally everyone is getting banned

wew

that's what I've been thinking too, considering there's no real pattern so far.

> IF YOU ARE ON LUMA 7.1 DO NOT USE ONLINE FEATURES AT ALL UNTIL A NEW UPDATE COMES OUT!! Seems like the banwave is a Problem with Luma3DS having a option selected, which is giving Nintendo the Information'''
fuck this shit

What if the banning script is literally

for(id = 0x00000000; id

It would also explain the innocents. Because they may have forgotten to take the repair shop tools into the whitelist or something.

They'd find the system associated with the NNID, see it's been banned, and then be suspicious. Doubt it would work.

people on outdated versions of luma are getting banned too

So we got razzle faggled.

Where is this from? I updated to 7.1 yesterday, is this some kind of joke?

There is a work around.

But 7.1 isn't compatible with A9LH and people are still getting banned with A9LH

Lumakeks btfo

>THE RANNY SOLD US OUT

>THE RANNY SOLD US OUT

>THE RANNY SOLD US OUT

>THE RANNY SOLD US OUT

>THE RANNY SOLD US OUT

>THE RANNY SOLD US OUT

So should I hack my 3DS and install Freeshop if I haven't already? Or is it too risky?

I FUCKING KNEW IT
LUMA IS THE ONLY 100% CONNECTION TO THE BANS
FUCKING TRANNY GOD DAMNIT
It's probably something that was fucked in a previous release and they're just now realizing it.

so tens of thousands of people use the same public seed?

that shit won't last long

>this happens just as luma force people to update to sighax

We've seen people using Corbenik/Cakes (don't even think about it) in the survey, so that's not a possibility, as much as you tranny haters want to believe it.

you should wait until we know more about the bans, don't update, stay on whatever firmware version you're on

Did someone with Cobernik, rxTools or >Cakes get banned as well?

A9LH Luma on 11.2 last used freeshop about a month ago. Played online for a little bit yesterday. Haven't turned on DS since. How screwed am I. Updated Luma a few weeks ago

more like Nintendo went into rage mode about bootroms/magnethax

hackerone.com/nintendo/hacktivity?sort_type=latest_disclosable_activity_at&filter=type:all to:nintendo&page=1&range=forever

have we been sold out?

How about we get a source for that quote before going full apeshit, shall we kiddies?

We don't know, bans have been random and we don't know what triggers it unless turns out to be true.

how do magnets work

Hi Nintendo

Corbenik user here. I'm b&.

>Nintendo engineers check server stats
>millions of players currently online in "Health & Safety" multiplayer
>Kimishima impressed
>sequel greenlighted

That won't need to use a seed. There are other methods that simply weren't explored because previous bans were isolated and on a small scale. This is different.

>MY LIVE DEX
Looks like it's a dead dex now.

LOITUMA YOU FUCKING CUNT

Fuck off, I want to blame Aurora.

That's probably Aurora.

Yes. And he did it for chump change.