/ink/ - Splatoon General

Previous thread: Redirect to the Current Thread: splatoon.ink/ink

Current Maps Rotation: splatoon.ink/
- Chrome extension: chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/aahamocdabckhacaedblhgimpkhpiopm
- Firefox extension: addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/squid-thing/
- Booru: booru.splatoon.ink/
- Lobby randomizer: woomy.github.io/Splatoon-Kit-Randomiser/index.html

> News
- SPLATOON 2 COMES OUT JULY 21!
- New trailer has been released showing off Splatoon 2's single player campaign (youtube.com/watch?v=869_lwZfyTo)
- New Splatoon 2 Switch accessories have been announced. Products include green and pink joy-cons, a Splatoon 2 themed pro controller, and a console bundle (Switch + Splatoon 2 download key).
- Final chapter of Squid Sister Stories has been released (splatoon.nintendo.com/squid-sisters-stories/)
- Rotations are now every 2 hours instead of 4.
- A Splatoon 2 exhibition tournament will be held at E3, more details coming soon.
- New mode announced and it's called Salmon run, its a new PVE gamemode where you need to fight hordes of salmonoid creatures with 3 friends! (youtube.com/watch?v=8alvfmZi0zY)
- New amiibo announced as well being inkling girl, boy and squid. They can save your current loadout and transfer it to another console, they also include exclusive gear!

> Splatoon 2 Information (links + translated tweets)
- pastebin.com/h04p6aqy

> FAQ
- pastebin.com/1wPYkZc9

> Resources
- pastebin.com/6UaR6zHL

> Wiki
- splatoonwiki.org/

> User Stats
- splatoon.nintendo.net/

I love squids!

I am angry.

Angry about no playable Octolings.

This is the superior Major League Ink

Friends with Octolings!

What if there was a ngyes version

ew

No, this is

Wake sleepy thread by posting your squid!

Though this is from back when e-litres still had absurd dmg+ stats.

My set is also old, but the way I use it didn't change much. Point Sensor and bomb range lets me use it like a Carbon, doing quick and consistent close-range dunks, while run speed lets me outstrafe uninvested Tentateks and abuse my superior range, but I mostly ink. Shirt is just pretty, I often switch to Recon one when I wanna get serious.

Changes I would like to see in Splatoon 2

>Changes to Online Battles

Ranked and Regular can switched around(Turf War in Ranked, Rainmaker in Regular, etc.).
Allow subs when holding the Rainmaker.
Get rid of that pillar on the tower.

>New Abilities

Recovery Up: Reduces time to recover when submerged in ink.

That's pretty crap bait, man.

Reminder that Marie's a fatass

>rainmaker carrier using subs
>tower without pillar
No good.

All I want is for every mode to have it's own lobby. I can live with stage rotation being every two hours, but if the modes have rotations again I'm gonna flip my shit

No squid in the world is going to stop me from using this fresh style forever.

>All I want is for every mode to have it's own lobby

This so much. I want to setup permanent residence in the RM Lobby

>RM loses all the snipers since they can just not play in a mode they can't set camp in
>SZ is full of nothing but japs
>TC is a Luna Park, so nobody except Lunas seeking free wins go there, further reinforcing its status

>RM remains best mode

Poetry

Assuming that Splatoon doesn't come with any type of audio chat when it first comes out, what other things would you want the D pad to communicate? Other than "come on!" and "booyah!"?
Something that annoys me is you can only say booyah after you've been killed, so it's not exactly clear if you need help or not. If you're in a tense match, do you spam booyah, and do you think it gets the point across sometimes? And do understand you mean come here when you say come on?
Anyways, I think if they were to add messages, they would be somewhere along the lines of "go for it!", but I think a "help me!" would get spammed too much to be useful. I dunno, What do you think?
Also, a few smaller questions:
physical or digital?
Pro controller or joycon?
Woomy or ngyes?
Of the specials that have been shown which do you like?

>RM loses all the snipers since they can just not play in a mode they can't set camp in

But RM is practically made for sniping, you've got a giant glowing target and everyone booyahs when you hit it.

digital so I can play ASAP
joycons for sure. they fixed the connectivity issues, right? the new splatoon joycons look way better than the ugly splatoon pro controller.
male

I reaaaaaally like the super jump special. No more will I be splatted the second I land.

Do we know if it clears bombs though?

Are squids chubby?

I hope

Presumably they can choose to be.

I hope Splatoon never gets voice chat functionality outside squads. I'd love a "Sorry" callout.
Physical for muh load times. It'll never leave the console.
Wide joycon grip, everything else is too twitchy
Manmenmi
Stingray will be awesome if the duration is shortened.

Maybe they can't help it

Turns out the bundle has splatoon preinstalled I was expecting it to be a cartridge and not sure if I should buy it separately now

Are you all getting physical or digital copies? I can't decide

Going digital solely for midnight access

Physical everything except future updates

Would fug nonstop until she's skinny again

Why are chubby squids so sexual

squid tummies in general are really cute

Same but I prefer some chub

Post cute spaghettis to balance out all the shitty art being posted

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's bad

Is squidposting accepted again? Last time I came here there was a bunch acting super autistic about it.

Fair enough. I need to get it in my head that people have their own tastes. Being a shotacon, I'm one of the last people allowed to call the kettle black

they all moved on to the next fad, shitposting in more populated fields

i like the set but imo needs some damage
simple and cute
the glasses and shoes combine really well
cool set but i also think needs a bit more damage or sub saver to make good use of the burst bombs

What's squidposting?

Maybe when you get splatted, "C'mon/To me!" can change to something that warns or alerts your team, like "Look out!". I notice a lot of players spam gestures when they're killed as a plea/warning, so might as well give them something official.

Physical release, for many reasons.

I've pre-ordered the Splatoon 2 pro controller. Probably will have to rely on joy-cons until it's delivered.

Woomy.

Probably Splashdown. I have a tendency to run into the fray when shooting, so it's perfect for my play style.

Need more like this

>using the H-3 for the first time

Man this thing is awkward and unwieldy

Kinda like it though

If they don't announce another testfire at E3 they'll have wasted a huge opportunity, I think.

Both Haunt and Point Sensors have yet to be confirmed in Spla2n, and if it's true that none of the original Specials will be returning, Echolocators will be gone resultantly. I'd like to hear /ink/'s thoughts on echolocation, specifically:

Do you think Haunt or Point Sensors should return? If so, should they be buffed or changed in some way?
Do you have any ideas for new echolocation-related abilities or sub-weapons?
Would you like to see a new echolocation Special in Spla2n? How would it work? Would you prefer it if they simply brought back the original?
Do you think echolocation effects are important? Why?

they won't

arms is coming 2 days after E3 and it would kill some sales for that game

also nintendo is doing a tour for people to tryout the many games it has

>probably going to end up maining ninjara in arms just because he looks like a ngyes
If only it had been a woomy. I'm afraid that splatoon is messing up my sexuality.

I think the first testfire was a cheeky way to get more Switch sales since it took place two weeks after launch. They'll probably have at least one more testfire within a month before Splatoon 2's release.

>ngyes
When did this start? Back in my day they were spaghettis

ngyes, spaghetti, woomy, manmenmi, squids come in all forms

I've always been partial to Yebbie.

Can you post the lewdest squids you have?

ok

Want Point Sensors to come back but on the fence when it comes to Haunt. Point Sensors as they are now are pretty good and don't really need any buffs. Really want Echolocator to come back as is but if not I'll get by. Echolocation is great. Having a special that allows you to track the position of enemies in a game where they can hide almost anywhere is invaluable. I love weapons with Echolocator since you gotta keep track of senpai somehow.

You dumb new age kids and your dumb new age squidualities. They'll always just be woomies and spagheghettis to me
Sure

I'm gonna miss echolocate, it makes a huge difference having that sense of what the whole other team is doing.

It'd be cool to have a sort of marker ink sub like anti-theft packs on money, that makes your path light up for a while but doesn't mean you're visible behind walls.

Piss off, gramps. I bet you bought on release day and still aren't even A+. 1-year-anniversaryfags will always be superior.

I hope they introduce stats in Splatoon 2. It'd be nice to know your ink efficiency and damage etc without resorting to an online tool someone else made.

Yup, bought the game and the amiibo 3-pack on release day. I was mid S-rank when I stopped playing. I don't think I got to level 50 though
Hopefully they'll tell us a lot more stuff at E3. There's no reason to keep things like that a surprise when the game will be about a month and a half away by the time E3 starts

i want them to track how many splats have you gotten so far with what weapon that also includes sub kills and special kills

>got splatoon a little before the first anniversary
>literally sloppy seconds gameplay
>everyone else is level 50 S+ or level 30 C-
>only got to do two splatfests
>didn't even know that some stages, weapons etc. were released in updates until a couple months back
y-yeah gramps fuck off l-lol

Why is Marie getting splattacked

She needs the ink of younger squids to stay fresh

lewd

Because Agent 4 is upset that Marie won the Splatfest instead of Callie. When Agent 4 didn't recognise Marie in the trailer, she wasn't being sincere, she was fucking with her.

Physical so I can actually own the game.
Pro Controller because the Joy-Con are made for smaller Jap hands.
Mainly Ngyes but with alot of Woomy for the cuter gear, just like I play Squid Game 1.

I'm just not good at reading Japanese

Will we see octoboys

google translate says
>No. 4 will be disappointed with such things soon.
>No, no, thanks.

I hope so. I'm sick of just having stupid lesbian octogirls molesting my cute woomies, I'll might start liking octolings if they bring in males.

captcha: campos dyke

Yeah octogirls should only molest each other and spaghettis

>octogirls should only molest each other and spaghettis
>molest spaghettis
>picrelated is spaghetti molesting octogirl
What did he mean by this?

user if a child is touching you inappropriately are they molesting you?

But aren't octogirls kids, too?

She's clearly taking advantage of him and his inexperience. I'm not sure why I have to explain this

>ywn play with an octoling's ink sacs

Legally, I'm pretty sure it means you're touching them inappropriately with your own body.
At least, that's what they'll say when they lock you up forever.

>camo
lol

or a squid's squidbag

Or a spaghetti's e-liter

Squid ink spaghetti is supposedly delicious

I'd eat a spaghetti's squid ink

I've had it several times before. It's nice, but I don't think the squid ink does anything to the taste. Maybe just makes it a bit salty.

Damn italian scam artists

Did the threads slow down again or do they always skirt with page 9 and 10?

Late night and people just waiting for the new game

With Stingray around, I doubt wallhax are coming back. The only way I see it being a thing is just Disruptor-like markers.

Learn the blues first. Or better, switch to H3 from Blaster, you'll immediately see just how fast it is.