You guys seem to swear by Civics for good speed and a reliable / cheap car. That said...

You guys seem to swear by Civics for good speed and a reliable / cheap car. That said, what year / specific variant is the best to go for? And how should you mod it for speed?

Slightly less related: why not Accord for the 2 door & slimmer body?

Other urls found in this thread:

delaware.craigslist.org/cto/d/honda-civic-si-1991/6256123349.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-honda-civic-hatch/6254233431.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/turbo-1994-civic-hatchback/6248262496.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/havehonda-civic-dxs-for-trade/6267229587.html
nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1992-honda-civic-hatchback-dx/6281405160.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

01-05 ex. and you don't mod it. you keep it stock.

10k civic with very simple mods

enjoy your takata airbags

>hurr durr takata
shut the fuck up.

1. the dealer will replace them for free
2. if you crash bad enough to need airbags you get what you deserve.

-Fully built 10:1 high comp
-Cp pistons .60 over with upgraded wrist pins
-Brian crower H beam rods with Arp 2000 bolts
-ARP 1/2” l19 head studs
-Unorthodox racing pulley set
-Carbon ceramic pistons
-Titan modified oil pump
-Titan crank damper
-Titan head gasket
-Lan Evo misfiring system
-VWR T6 manifold
-VWR 6” downpipe
-master cylinder delete
-Tial BOV
-Reinforced floor pans rivets
-Rebuilt manidold
-Tial 80 mm wastegate
-Billet timing belt tensioner
-4 way titanium cam gears
-anti stall belt
-Full Ferrea valve train +1 valves
-HKS 272 cams
-Unorthodox racing cam gears
-Garrett GT-4780r 100 mm DBB turbo with .96 hotside
-Ross machine racing intake
-PTP turbo blanket
-Reverse intake valves bored to the top
-ID 3000cc injectors
-VWR pump hanger
-Pirelli antelope fur fuel filter
-Dual staged walbro 450 E85 pumps
-Aeromotive FPR
-Custom 3d printed gallo converter
-Ross machine racing fuel rail
-AEM 5 bar sensor
-AEM fuel pressure sensor
-AEM Infinity 8
-Custom harness for traction control, flex fuel etc.
-Haltech content sensor
-HKS DLI
-stage 4 handbrake cable
-7 degrees of camber
-Boost logic driveshaft
-Carbonetecs 2 way diff
-Blue C5 corvette spoiler
-Megan coilovers
-90$ custom katana shifter
-RPS triple plate carbon clutch
-15x10” rear Weld RTS wheels
-MT ET streets 295/55/15 drag radials, pretty much brand new.
-19x8.5” front zigen sport engine wheels.
-Front Leather Seats
-Cloth in back
-Kenwood double din with serius xm, GPS, backup cam, Bluetooth etc
-Autometer boost gauge
-AFX wideband
-AE86 foglights
-TRD 13k tach (11k redline)
-The body kit is 100% molded in. It is not coming off.

Battery is relocated to the trunk with an on/off switch as well, brand new optima red top battery.
-Car makes roughly 250 whp as it sits right now.
-It has made 278 hp at 31 psi with more in it still
-It runs on ethanol only.
-6 speed automatic tranny shifts smooth and is in perfect shape

not the idiot you replied to but

1. yeah you right
2. thats not 100% true

Accords weigh more but the new Accord is a fucking beast Honda has realized that their cars are THE defacto boyracer cars and they're starting to position the Accord as the "muscly" alternative to the "sportier" civic

>1. the dealer will replace them for free

If you're in the priority zone and have a priority vehicle.

>t. 2010 Mercedes w/ Takatas. No replacement for 9+ months. Had to sell the fucking car due to danger.

what about the discontinued jojo front end?

Even an intake and an exhaust will make a Civic a little more fun. Talkin 5th gen Civic here, not the new shit

>Good speed
No. The 90s ones have awesome suspension and chassis, but you're gonna have to do some work to the engines if you wanna be fast.
>reliable/cheap
Yes.

i seriously doubt my 2001 civic with 160k miles was a priority vehicle.

Not OP, but my taurus is kill due to saltbelt life. What should one look for when considering a civic? In NH most of them are either 220k+ or rusty. Got a little less than 2k atm.

Would like a 5th gen hatch, but from what I see they got ricer tax on them.

Actual OP here, in similar condition, got a little over $2k but figure I can haggle some Craigslist sellers down from $3k max.

To respond to your question though, I'm not worried about buying a Honda with over 200k miles on it. I've heard of people going 400k+ on them so mileage isn't too much of an issue in my eyes.

A 3k civic isn't actually a good one unless if you're way lucky and some grandparent just wants to get rid of their extra grocery getter. You're going to pay 4k-5k for one worth owning in most cases and good luck finding any hatch that isn't rusted out at 220k miles or heavily molested by ricer mods.

That said a good civic or accord is a wonderful vehicle to have if you can find the rare good example that was actually cared for. People loved to thrash them and never change out fluid other than oil every 6k miles because of the indestructible Japanese car meme.

It probably was. 2001 - 2004 Hondas were most prone to failure.

>A 3k civic isn't actually a good one

I don't wholly doubt this, but the east coast has some decent deals come through

delaware.craigslist.org/cto/d/honda-civic-si-1991/6256123349.html

I saw a 06' Civic for 2200$ on CL but it got snapped up(I won't be in the area to buy it until mid September)
>The next 06' honda I can find is going for 2950$
>I only have 2000 to budget for my first car
Now all I can find is an 02' Accord for 1900$ and a white 1996 civic with scratch marks all over the front fender for 2000$(where do these people get off)
The 96' civic seller reposted the ad without the scufmarks and the description is
>Very very clean 5 speed
Do these people expect people to come and lowball them?

And how does Veeky Forums feel about American econoboxes w/ manuals?
I saw a Saturn Ion 3 for 1800$, but I was told to stay away from ameriecono boxes in general

>tfw there is a gap in my dash where the airbag is covered now because i assume jimbob at honda broke a clip or something because it wont fucking stay down

I also saw a few 00'-05 Jetta's which is the original car I wanted but timing BELT's, water pumps, cracked oil pans and general unreliabilty of the brand scared me away from buying a used one

I heard Geo prism's are pretty good since they are just captive import corolla's that got rebadged.

I had an SI a few years back. Was a pretty fun car.

>forgetting the JDM cupholders and ashtrays

got mine replaced free. 2001 ex with around 210,000mi when I got it done.

>needing airbags

Well, do you not have a face??

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1990-honda-civic-hatch/6254233431.html

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/turbo-1994-civic-hatchback/6248262496.html

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/havehonda-civic-dxs-for-trade/6267229587.html

nh.craigslist.org/cto/d/1992-honda-civic-hatchback-dx/6281405160.html

>tfw will never be able to gumutapedeathmatch in the NE due to everything being either beated and riced for $3500, or $600 for one with a shit engine.

in my area, civics/corollas are cheap to buy but are expensive as fuck anyways because of retarded insurance rates.

Insurance rates for civics/corollas arecomparable or even more expensive than sportier cars because more people get into accidents (and insurance fraud) with them.

any econobox is good though, even Ford is probably great now since they're basically Mazdas anyways

>Geo prism's
I didn't find any on CL
also
>American economy cars
I think I threw up in my stomach when I saw the reviews

>The Geo/Chevrolet Prizm (Chevrolet Prizm starting 1998) was a compact car derived from the Japanese domestic market Toyota Sprinter, itself a version of the Toyota Corolla, and jointly developed by Toyota and General Motors. Produced from 1988 to 2002, the Prizm was sold exclusively in the United States and succeeded the 1985–1988 Chevrolet Nova, which was also derived from the Sprinter.

>All Prizms were built at NUMMI (New United Motor Manufacturing, Inc), a joint venture company between Toyota and General Motors in Fremont, California.

It's literally a corolla with a chevy badge

Go to dealership to get them replaced. They replace it with another frag bag, on the way home get t boned and die

who doesnt have takata airbags???

It's what you get for buying a shit fucking German car

This. Found a great 95 Civic hatchback and managed to get it for $500 Canadian Maple syrup money. Insurance was fucking $233 a month. That, plus the lack of airbags (apparently People actually sorry for your safety when you drive a shitbox with no safety features) forced my hand and I had to sell it.

Not a day goes by that I don't miss it. Hooned it around like a bitch. Still searching for another one.

Love my 8th Gen tho, just can't Hoon it too much since it's still a fairly new, non shitbox car