Anyone here super familiar with the LT1 GM used from 92-97...

Anyone here super familiar with the LT1 GM used from 92-97? I was getting a random misfire (P0300) code and changed out the plugs and wires. The plugs are NGK TR55s and it the back driver's side plug has been getting the electrode bent so there's no gap. I'm guessing a chunk is missing out of my piston or the wrist pin/crank bearing is sloppy and letting the piston make contact. Also worth noting is that the spark plug hole felt slightly stripped, it threads in but won't tighten down. Any thoughts/opinions/advice?

>Pic related

Also I forgot to mention the engine has about 150k miles and based on other maintenance items I've addressed the previous owner(s) seem like total numbnuts.

>one of my plugs keeps getting struck by the Piston
>oh and it's also stripped and doesn't even tighten
>wat do?
based on this post the current owner is a numbnuts as well

I mean yeah I'm not gonna deny it. It tightens enough to work even if it's not ideal. My confusion comes from the fact that none of the old plugs were bent. They were AC Delco plugs but TR55s are a well known and recommended replacement since the Delcos tend to lose their platinum pucks.

>my v8 is so reliable
>shits itself before 100 KM for fucks sake
Sr20 life

Put in plugs with less reach, fucktits.

Same bro honestly ammericancars are just garbage it's all about that boost and small engines with less displacement so less spark plugs. And less spark plug length to ruin you're engine...

I don't know if this is high tier shitposting or an actual retard

actual retard

Well done, forgot to drop your trip moron.

Shits fucked op. If your electrode is getting bent time for a swap.

Alright well I guess I'll try switching back to OEM plugs, none of them were bent. From looking up specs it looks like the Delcos have .028" less reach than all the aftermarket plugs, so hopefully that will remedy my problem.

Time to butter up your asshole for a new engine or at least a rebuild

Can you tell if it's been rethreaded? Maybe the previous owner put in a helicoil that allows the spark plug to thread too far into the combustion chamber.

I'll check when I pull the plugs again. I was looking and found some Delcos with .063" less reach than the NGKs that I think I'm going to try. The Delcos I pulled out were definitely shorter than the NGKs but I figured my engine wasn't sloppy enough to cause this problem since they're a common replacement for the Delco plugs.

Slick.

The LT1 is one of the shittiest engines ever built, garbage. Heavy as shit, makes a fuck ton of heat and constantly has problems that cost tons of money to fix. I bet this engine is in a fucking camaro too, where they fucking shoved the thing so tight packed it kills everything around it. Your problem is probably that the fucking head is fucked, it doesnt even fucking surprise me that it could have deformed cast fucking iron. Also you should run AC Delco plugs, but I can't recall if for this engine there are multiple grades, and legit if you bought NORMAL FUCKING AC DELCO PLUGS, THEY WOULD BE INFERIOR TO THE GOD DAMN FACTORY PLUGS. That might not be the case but I know it can be with fucking vortec engines which are pretty much just LS1's.

TL;DR I FUCKING HATE THIS ENGINE. My wife had a 97 camaro vert with a 6 speed and I wanted to murder the enginer that designed it when I had to replace a starter.

Good god how they shoved those things into f bodies. Halfway into the fucking dashboard. Almost made the mistake of buying a 4th gen

Would there be any ill effects from running mismatched plugs? I'm thinking of replacing the offending plug with one that will work until the end of the week when I can do them all.

Theres no problem in buying one if you are going to IMMEDIATELY LS swap it. The LS will run cooler, it will be fucking reliable, and it will be way fucking better to work on because the fuck tards at GM didnt PUT THE GOD DAMN DISTRIBUTOR UNDER THE FUCKING WATER PUMP THAT JUST LOOOOOOOOOOVES TO FUCKING GET BURNT UP BY ALL THE HEAT AND THEN FUCKING DUMP WATER ALL OVER THE FUCKING DISTRIBUTOR, WHICH BTW IS EXPENSIVE AS FUCK AND A PAIN IN THE FUCKING ASS TO CHANGE.

Id say it could potentially cause issues but fuck it, blow that motor the fuck up and LS swap it.

Probably won't run the greatest but since it's fucked anyways who gives a shit

Yeah it's a Camaro. At this point I kind of want to get rid of the car but I'm not in a financial situation to do so, it's been a big pain in the ass.

Getting rid of it will be the best decision you could ever make. I forced my wife to get rid of hers, I fucking told her I could have bought a fucking vet with the money we spent on that car.

>I'm guessing a chunk is missing out of my piston or the wrist pin/crank bearing is sloppy and letting the piston make contact. Also worth noting is that the spark plug hole felt slightly stripped, it threads in but won't tighten down. Any thoughts/opinions/advice?

>The spark plug hole is stripped out and I can tighten that plug far more than the others
>Obviously my spark plug got damaged because the piston has abnormal play in it and my engine is about totaled

I'd call you a dumb fuck but you DD a 20 year old Camero so I'm sure you've already heard it.

This is the first time I've done the plugs and wires so I honestly had no clue. That's just the brakes I guess, learned my lesson.

sweet, can't tell if new troll or soviet in disguise

you could try to shim the plug till you have time to properly fix it

bahaha

blacklist you go

Check out my instragram