/civ4xg/ - Strategy/4X General

This thread is for all strategy games that do not have their own thread, focusing on 4X (eXplore, eXpand, eXploit, eXterminate).
tags: /cbg/ /rtsg/

Wiz did nothing wrong edition

Last thread: >Endless Space 2
- Official Wiki wiki.endless-space.com/
- Soundtrack soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack
- Community Hub games2gether.com/

>Stellaris
- Pastebin: pastebin.com/YHdisqem
- WIP Ship Design Guide for 1.5.1: pastebin.com/2QWUPKSh
- Another Ship Design Guide for 1.5: reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/61nolh/ship_equipment_load_out_for_141_15/
- Wiki: stellariswiki.com/Stellaris_Wiki
- The Development of Stellaris gamasutra.com/view/news/274018/Postmortem_Paradox_Development_Studios_Stellaris.php

>Endless Legend
- Manual: cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/289130/manuals/User'sManual.pdf?t=1413562467
- Wiki: endlesslegendwiki.com/Endless_Legend_Wiki

>Civilization
- Fix for Civ IV BTS XML errors: dropbox.com/sh/ljdms8ygix2btcs/AACC_IGIy7zAkomwA6S4DJp3a?dl=0
- Civilization Analyst (Civ VI, Civ V, BE): well-of-souls.com/civ/index.html
- Civ V Giant Multiplayer Robot: multiplayerrobot.com
- District Cheat Sheet: hydra-media.cursecdn.com/civ6.gamepedia.com/2/29/District_Cheat_Sheet.png?version=07510f0f43d7188e00e7046c90360dba (unembed)

>Alpha Centauri
- Essential improvements: pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Sid_Meier's_Alpha_Centauri#Essential_improvements
- Official short stories: mediafire.com/folder/cn11q7nqa00te/Alpha_Centauri
>Endless Space 2
- patch notes
games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/65-general/threads/25869-1-0-5-preview-patch-notes?page=1
games2gether.com/endless-space-2/forums/65-general/threads/25780-preview-1-0-4-patch-notes?page=1
-wiki
wiki.endless-space.com/

Other urls found in this thread:

overclockersclub
youtu.be/V3RsxIt6DjE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Horatio is perfection

OP image could be a banner

rate my reddit op please :)

>Endless Space 2
>Stellaris
>Endless Legend
>Civilization
>Alpha Centauri
>Endless Space 2

Not Horatio/10

Wow... great

Is it ok to expand this to cover as many races as possible?

>no stellaris dev diary in weeks

gaaaaaaaaaah

Vodyani start is so shit

it's driving me mad

I just wanna do stuff, but I can't, I'm missing energy food credits influence and research

No. The monkeys stay in the zoos.

Should resume next week according to Wiz, just that they don't have much to talk about in the immediate aftermath of 1.6 because they were focusing on 1.6.1 and then starting groundwork for whatever is next.

Are there plans for more 'story pack' content for Stellaris? I kind of really like the idea of small DLC that just adds more events that can happen. Just as long as they are only ever needed by the host.

Anyone knows if the Prethoryn Scourge will re-spawning fleets forever?

enact the tax law that grants 3 dust per pop

research the production building that gives production per planet

then research xenotourism thing to the right of the above tech

then research the planet types of your nearby system, prioritize the ones that have multiple of the same

replace all the support components on your ark to be all production, one of them starts as a fucking engine, 60 production > 60 science/dust in the early game

when making a new ark (autism alert) edit your ark model, remove industrial boosts, give engines, settle ark, add industry boosts back in, upgrade ark

shit out leechers and send them to the nearest minor civ, restart if no minor civ in constellation, try to keep them somewhat defended if it's potentially dangerous, don't kill all the pops in their system else your leechers turn off

you will snowball out of control very easily and early, dust wont be an issue, science will be immense due to high populations, industry will be high, having high dust = more population = more dust = more population = more everything. They're the best civ for snowballing, but it all depends on the starting constellation and its planets. if there are no 4+ systems, you're boned

How is Galactic Civilizations 3?
Need more opinions

not if you kill their planets and stations

>can still build a moonbase and settle pops on a moonless moon
These anomalies need to have some order to them, else you get shit like monsoon deserts and ice10 lava

kek

Read this it is one of the more comprehensive reviews of the Crusade expansion. The rest are quite shallow I'm affraid.

overclockersclub com/reviews/galciv3_crusade_review/

tfw made a huge galaxy with maximum amount of habitable planets and their standard fleets are 400k too, fuck.

Like gc2

>sterile lava world
>fertile soil anomaly
>mfw

I just try to imagine there's really weird oasis like spots. Or you know, it's dust nigga I don't gotta explain shit

I feel like the game is just inferior to Endless Space 2 at this point. The new GC3 expansion just adds features that are in Endless Space 2 already. Once the expansions are released for ES2 it won't come close.

GC3 does have spies in the new expansion though.

Is /cbg/ still in some form of existence here?

> Fertile volcano
> What is Hawaii
It doesn't all have to be molten magma. It could always be more like Yellowstone.

It's fair game, not sure if there's anyone around to discuss it with given the latest 4x release, your post might get buried.

Our world is a mix of different biomes though, where as unless it's a terran planet, the planets seem to be usually a single biome.

Well, cooled lava does produce pretty good soil when the rock degrades to form it.

GC3 does also have the shipbuilder so you can make all your ships as aesthetic as you want them to be.

>tfw you will never be a Vodyani
>you will never have a pimp-as-fuck cloak
>you will never ride in style on aesthetic ships
>you will never practice your backhand on Sophon cheeks

It hurts Ness

I had a sterile lava world with coral reef anomaly

can't even think about how that works

Lava Coral, the ultimate extremophile.

Vodyani are already A E S T H E T H I C C

>Energy being cleavage
Stop that boner.

Yes but in GalCiv3 every ship of every race can be AESTHETICC

Lies. I tried GalCiv, every ship looked like a giant penis.

Then you just can't into AESTHETICC design. Step your game up.

In ES2 anyone had any luck going military or science mainly?
It seems production/dust/influence is the strongest way to play them. That hero skill that gives +50 influence per trade route is crazy strong. Almost better than the tier 3/4 influence improvements.

Sophons have the best aesthetic and the worst theme/humor

I'd spank that ass.

Their music is comfy at least
youtu.be/V3RsxIt6DjE

So I finished the quest where I discover the Hearth is a lost, Lost. But I got no more quests or a video. What gives

That's the final quest, chapter 4. You have to win the game if you want to see any more, or do the academy quest

Wow, it's fucking nothing

Their quest is really easy to do compared to the other ones, I had it done before turn 90

I like TRON too

Unfortunately, that can be said of a lot of ES2.

I dig it, but it is amazing to me how much of a regression it is from EL

nope

can't do it

idk if my starts are all really shit or Vodyani really just aren't my cup of tea

I'm winning on impossible with every other faction, yet Vods I can't even beat serious

Shift to ecologist, populate your entire system instantly

tried to do that, gave support to ecologists both elections, but it was never enough to bring them into main power

Yup, they were on track to be the best faction but they had to ruin it with XD

Can you fuck vodyani?

They're robot suits, so not really. I mean, you can try, but at the end of the day you're just masturbating against/with something that isn't fuckable.

You need an attachment for that.

>something that isn't fuckable.
That's the most bullshit statement in the universe if I heaver heard one.

How are you supposed to play Vodyani in the early game? I feel like every time I find one minor civ easily enough and can crank out a second Ark without having to divert industry, but after that it's a matter of pure luck to find any more that aren't in another faction's territory, or to drain essence for long before someone else assimilates them.

Should I purge Horatio Prime and just have him keep his outpost for free essence?

>try sticking your dick inside Vodyani
>Dust escapes her Cloth and she deflates like a fucking balloon or whoopie cushion

Remind horatio of his true place in the galaxy by submitting to him and letting you change him into horatio

Yeah, this start is looking a lot better for me now

I don't know why people say arks are shit for ground invasion, maybe they don't refit their ark to give it proper weaponry?

I parked my start leecher on Horatio's homesystem and basically rushed to my second arc, even before I got a 2nd pop. Arc + scout + leecher gave the system -20 siege defense per turn (out of 200) so after 10 turns I could take it with ease. Hunting ground now gives me +10 essence and the minor civ right next to Horatio got brainwashed by me as well.

Now since Horatio is no longer a thread, but he's colonized 2 systems anyways I can just build up an army of leechers and keep him small while he feeds my void ark machinery.

Played this way Vodyani seem legit scary because I don't think anyone could have defended against this due to how strong a void ark is.

>unfallen purge an entire system of its pops instantly if they win a land war with no vine connection

The unfallen are a people of peace :^)

fyi, you can research something early on (tier 2, upper tech) that unlocks a module. on an ark, it's ~70 manpower each, per turn, up to 4. You can 1 turn any system in the game with all 4, anchor, and turn it into a proper ark with the right support modules.

Is basic bitch corvette spam really the way to go?

I used to run arty destro+bb, classic kin corvettes and fighter/kin cruisers (fighters worked like a veryvesrly point defense)

Or the plasma cruiser shit?

I mean, the corvettes basically cost nothing but they delete your frame rate. If you think having a fleet of garbage ships you have to constantly replace that murder your fps, go ahead. Otherwise do what you did before cause 1.5 nor 1.6 changed nothing.

oh wow, I'm isolated as fuck

Hell that happens even WITH a vine connection half the time I war as them. Mainly because it's always a war with fucking cravers so I instantly abandon the system then resettle it to stop the planets getting depleted but still.

What is depletion?

Craver pops have +150% to all yields but have +1 depletion point. Eventually, a planet will become 'depleted' and its resources go down the drain. If you're playing Riftborn and are curious, it's nothing that will affect you, it's just for screwing with craver players. But if you're cravers, better colonize more shit, quick.

I kinda feel like the faction quests are too short and easy, and don't tie in with the rest of the galaxy. They give you a couple of bonuses, maybe a hero. Most of them also spawn a shitty one planet system that you are required to capture as part of the quest, which didn't exist until this turn, kinda breaks the immersion when a star appears out of fucking nowhere.

Endless legend had a longer quest chain which you had to complete to unlock the victory wonder. It also interacted with world more, like asked you to colonise a specific region or capture a specific city from another faction.

Playing on normal difficulty was a mistake.

Playing stellaris is a mistake.

No better alternative that isn't ages old.

suicide is a better alternative.

>prime

Endless Space 2 came out like a week ago dude

Will randomize the names later.

>not border paintin autism, just look at that ugly shit
>no pop mechanics
>boring planet management and colonization
Nah. Also supposedly bugged and unfinished.
Played the first one and had my fill, no need to play the new one which does barely anything new.

Well, its an alternative alright, and whilst it is spicy and fresh it does seem better.

Already getting pretty samey though, and the AI is even more braindead than in Stellaris atm.

Stylish as fuck though (as expected of Amplitude)

Amplitude can fix their AI's though.

Can they?

At what point did that happen with Endless Legend?

>like asked you to colonise a specific region or capture a specific city from another faction.
Those were the worst though. I don't know what their calculation was, but it seemed completely random whether the place was either a neighboring region or the other side of the fucking planet.

>playing Sandjews
>main faction quest asks you to destroy leading Necrophage AI's city in the middle of their empire at the other side of the continent
>don't even get to use a hero led army because Privateers can't have leaders

But yeah, in terms of victory conditions I have no fucking idea why ES2's shared Academy main quest isn't also a victory quest like EL's space ship. I mean the game already has team victory for all other victory types. The actual rewards of the quest are also so fucking tiny you can only ask what's the fucking point.

In terms of Wonder victory I prefer how ES1 and 2 handle it. Makes much more sense for it to unlock as tech progresses rather than factions out of the blue getting access to it like in EL.

Kind of after the second expansion, they did it better in ES1. I mean, endless legend's AI is not nearly as retarded as it was and can now actually provide a challenge in a semidecent dificulty without too much bonuses, unlike Memelaris that took a fucking year to reach this broken state where the AI keeps terraforming the same planet back and forth. EL AI is playable, Stellaris AI is not.

Is there any fate worse than being kept alive as an Empire by Vodyani purely so they can keep siphoning essence from your populus?

This is fridge horror at its finest

I've been unsuccessfully trying to beat Stronghold Crusader's historical campaign on and off for the last 14 years.
Is there a strategy game for my skill level?

that's not what fridge horror means you fucking moron

The devs or a mod might change the academy quest to a win condition you can turn on.

If you play UE with custom traits, give them +20% weapon damage, pick +10% weapon damage at the start, find the Hissho for another +20% weapon damage after getting their faction trait. The damage is crazy.

fridge horror is when you realize the true horror of the situation not immediately, but only after giving it some thought

only after taking a step back and thinking of the context of my gameplay situation did I realize what was going on in my game in terms of lore right now

endless rts when
endless men of war style game when

endless crpg when?

endless wargame Airland Battle game when

both of you had sex and made a baby

it's called Dungeon of the Endless

that's not fridge horror, that's you being a retard

>not Endless Dungeon
Dude, really.

>both of you had sex
Fucking finally.

>space of the endless
>legend of the endless

If it only affects Craver players, why do they give Riftborn players the ability to slow depletion while nerfing the system outputs?

So you can take their planets before they get depleted? You can use singularities on other players.

Democracy or Republic for UE?