Do American cars still overheat when doing 120mph for hours or is this meme dead by now?

Why would that be a meme in the first place? Were the hell do you live that can you go that fast for that long?

hon hon

>commuting 300km a day is a total alien concept for him

It's a horror but it is a thing.
That's why you see so many diesel wagons in Europe, especially Audi A4

So germany? russia?
Dont get GM shit, thats my only advice

>120 mph for 180mi
I'm doubting you're doing 200km/h on your commute my man

Germoney.
Yeah Ford seem to be quite good at this. See lots of Focus and Mondeos on the left lane but Opel (GM) is really popular too

With a couple exceptions, long stretches don't have limits. Otherwise 130km/h but again, mostly no limit.

I cannot fathom how Veeky Forums manages to have so many problem with GM shit. what the fuck are the autists doing that I'm not doing thats killing bowties?

It's a meme. Just like Veeky Forums has a hateboner for VW (but then again they're actually quite shitty with the production in the states while the Euro VWs are usually OK)

neat. for the most part I think large american cruising cars wouldn't have much of a problem (chargers and above, really) since they wouldn't really be stressing the motors so much cause of gearing.
80s emissions-choked cars would probably shit the bed cause their gearing is shit and they don't have the power to handle it.
of course, this varies if its flat or mountain or whatever the fuck.
I've only ever had overheating issues in an 03 tahoe when I was towing in the middle of july in the desert on a 700ish mile run.

My last car refused to go faster than 115 miles per hour. I don't think anyone builds ordinary cars to go 120 miles per hour for hours, or go that fast at all. That's a commute about as long as the distance across the state of Missouri. Do you people all drive grand touring cars over there or something?

can confirm, most sedans top out at like 110 and anything vaguely a truck runs out of vroom at about 95.

>186 miles a day commute
>3 hours at 60mph average
>still an hour and a half doing 120 average
U wot m8

>Do you people all drive grand touring cars over there or something?

Dude, any relatively modern, slightly above poverty spec Audi, BMW or Mercedes will easily do 120mph/~200km/h and that for literal hours with no problems at all.

For example, 17 years old Audi A4. 2.0 inline 4, topspeed around 213km/h, doing 200 happily all day every day.
This is not an expensive GT car, this is almost poorfag level.

My 1999 Crown Vicotira LX would happily do it. That is, if the limiter was removed and it wasn't too windy. I think it would drift up to 120mph in overdrive and stay there for as long as you want. At that speed it's revving high enough that it has the sufficient Torque even in overdrive. I'd love to try it some day.

You people have time to sleep?

If they have families, then they don't. You know if European countries actually cared about people, they would require that you live with 30 miles of your place of work unless your job qualifies as a traveling position. Japan could stand to do the same thing, too. This would probably help with their respective birth rate problems.

That must be a mainland thing, in the UK a commute of more than an hour is considered pretty unusual. Most people in that situation just move closer to work after a while.

you'll find most germans doing 150 to 180 though.
sure, there's always faster guys doing 220+ but that's where most cars, even 'slightly above poverty spec' cars will have to downshift out of overdrive. Thus absolutely destroying mpgs and getting noisy.
off course you are right in that most cars build post 1990 are technically up to the challenge to continuously drive 200+.

Germ here, never heard of anyone ever in the entirety of my life having a three hour commute. Even an hour each way is extremely unusual, most people commute for less than half an hour each way.

C-can I really overtake a Cyclone in a Twingo ? Askin for a friend.

Try getting a good paying job of your expertize in your area.

Sure, if you're ok with burger flipping and toilet scrubbing, you don't have to commute long distances.

What the fuck are you even talking about? The only people that have problems with their commute are the cuntbags who think they can work expensive jobs in Munich or Stuttgart but live cheaply in satellite towns and race their SUV barges into the city every morning, and those fuckers deserve every fucking traffic jam that happens to them.

>having a high paying job while living cheaply on the countryside while driving a nice car is somehow bad

In Germany we can do >200km/h on unrestricted sections all we want. Sometimes you get overtaken by some sports car going way over 250km/h, in my case by a couple Corvettes last week. The only problem being insurance in case you wreck yourself but if you shit the bed at >200km/h you might have other problems.

My family has owned 5 GM cars.
2001 Saturn SC2, just started dying one day and we couldn't figure out why, our mechanic couldn't either, scrapped
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix, overheated 3 different times and one day my mom turned it on one day and the engine just blew up, loudest boom I've ever heard and it burst into flames, scrapped
2003 Chevy Silverado, nonstop power steering pump issues and kept stalling, sold to neighbor
2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue, bad exhaust, wiring, fuel pump, power steering pump, struts and kept stalling, all fixed at least once but the issues came back less than a year later, sold over Craigslist
2008 Saturn sky, sister still owns it but the transmission is about to fuckin die soon
All except the Silverado had less than 100k miles on them, all had ignition issues too
None of our other non GM cars have had issues like these, so i can at least say early 2000s GM cars are not the greatest

>Europeans are so poor they can only afford to live 180 miles away from their jobs

>Haha dumb suckers living in the city paying all that rent I'll just make a 200 mile commute 5-6 days a week to save money!
>Haha I'll only have to spend 700 euros a month on fuel, wake up 3 hours before my shift, and get home 2 hours later than my dumb fuck rube co-workers!
>Top fucking kek at these burger flippers who can't comprehend how much money I save by driving 50,000 miles a year for free

Should have gotten a Cavalier. There's literally nothing to go wrong on them and the Ecotec engine is built like a tank.

I can't fathom why you would live 200 miles away, but 20-40 gets you into suburbs.