Just found out that I'm an Idea Guy

Just found out that I'm an Idea Guy

yea I know, it sucks

what are some career paths that generate wealth for people interested in theory and narrative (read: stem illetarate)?

Other urls found in this thread:

anti.capital.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

and I misspelled illiterate

just fucking kill me now

What kind of dumbfuck mentality is this? This has to be a troll post right?

If you're not good at math but need to be to achieve your goals... Then git gud.

Other than that, I suggest brushing up on public speaking and looking into sales positions.

can't learn math, I'm a liberal arts student at heart

you can't understand unless you're born with this brain tumor, but I don't want to be broke

sales, doubly confirms that that's a good one

is a career as a politician worth pursuing for Idea Guys?

>politician
how would you feel about sodomizing children.

you arent gonna be a politician if you are asking your advice on banana Thailand forum, but you might become the next big burger flipper in town. No body cares about ideas guy unless you can apply your skills to realize those ideas.

i think there's some ad agencies that will give you a shot if you have a degree. starting pay is not high but there is room for advancement if you can come up with a campaign to trick normies into buying shit products and services. be sure to read 'Propaganda' by Bernays if you haven't already.

sounds kinda hot

but my SKILL is coming up with IDEAS

not all Idea Guys are retards, there has to some ways for us to escape wagecuckery besides writing/the lottery/suicide

>has to some ways for us to escape wagecuckery
its called academia

Youre not a fucking ideas guy. Ideas guy would mean you could come up with a multi million dollar kickstarter idea right now without biz's help.

>Just found out that I'm an Idea Guy
>I'm a liberal arts student at heart

This is at least 80% a bullshit meme. All non-autists like lib arts stuff (and even some autists do too), but stem skill requires harder work.

There are no objective grounds for a dichotomy of "math/science skill" and "lib arts" skill, you're either bright or not that bright. If you're smart, you can get good at anything in STEM, if you aren't, then the local Applebees is hiring.

I bought into this meme for years, but it turned out I was just lazy and inclined to take the path of least resistance. If you can hammer yourself into shape there's no reason you can't become competent in quantitative reasoning.

do you want me to die penniless user?

academia is how people end up dying penniless

Being an idea guy is really useful for entrepreneurship, since ideas are a major part (about 1%). The only thing left to do is build a team, get funding, learn the domain specific skills for execution (programming, web dev, design, etc), launch a product, grow an audience, and pivot the original idea.

Can you write about your ideas? That's what my company pays me for.

thanks for the book recc

give me 1.5 years in university first

won't help me execute tho

would prefer path of least resistance my way to the top rather than working hard to be middle of the road

let me gather info and see how this works out user

>would prefer path of least resistance as my way to the top

good luck with that

that's the long con for sure

looking for a stable career, that plays to an Idea Guy's strengths, in order to build start up capital first though

think I'm a competent writer

what was your degree in if you don't mind me asking

>Just found out that I'm an Idea Guy
>I'm an Idea Guy
>Just found out

Bad news, one idea per 20 years does not mean youre an ideas guy

what, you think I want to be an Idea Guy?

chronic lack of execution is like the ED of the business world, it just ends with everyone laughing at you

Big things have small beginings.

>what was your degree in if you don't mind me asking
English Lit

>path of least resistance
>to the top

Choose one and only one. Either take control of your destiny and work for it, or slot into whatever low rung society is willing to let you fit. There is no third alternative.

If get a pmp certification and manage projects. You'll need to pick up some stem skills along the way though, so study those things hard

Become a blue collar worker and save up and use your money for side projects.

I did the first part when I realized I was too dumb for accounting. Working on the second part now.

>listening to anyone shilling false dichotomies on Veeky Forums

ALL-OR-NOTHING mentality is killing all of you. How's the adderall addiction?

>tfw have a good business idea providing service to 100k people in a large city
>did a huge business analysis, even worst case scenarios give me a profit
>no startup capital
>investors here are either nonexistent or full retards robber baron types
>banks ask for 10% interest, no institution of private bankruptcy
It'll take years until I save the money. At least five years. In the meantime somebody will probably implement it. Just kill me

fuck that

there are ways for people to make bank without relying primarily on quantitative skills; no way the choices are literally between hedge fund quant or starbucks barista

consulting, think tanks, cushy government jobs, mbas, whatever, I'm sure opportunities are there for Idea Guys I'm just looking for ways to angle towards them

how come you have no start up capital? do you have a shit job?

>how come you have no start up capital? do you have a shit job?
Are you for real? How come you aren't a billionaire? How come they don't eat cake?

Fellow idea guy here.

It's a frustrating position to be in, isn't it?

I'm probably a better idea guy than you, though, because I'm a genius.

I do have one invention that's playing out right now, and that's anticapital. You can see it in action at anti.capital.

Entrepenour obviously. Regardless of how you approach this, you are a completely retard if you think you're going to get by on ideas alone. In the real world there are people with ideas and talent. You better be able to step up or you'll get put in your place.

>I am constantly annoyed by the environment I live in which is accustomed to hearing of 'innovations' from idiots. It is because of this environment, and my very erratic personality, that patent lawyers and engineers and men with capital and university professors consistently don't call me back, wasting my time spent hopefully waiting

This has to be satire, but holy shit somebody made an actual web page filled with this mm yeah I'm a wonder boy genius

No, it's real, and everything on that site is true.

When you know how to turn 100 million dollars into a billion dollars, every day that you are as penniless as me is insanity.

Me too, give me a hundred million and I'm guaranteed to turn it into trillions over the next 20 years. Not even kidding.

Also post at least one claim so I can crackpot index rate you, it's a hobby of mine.

I know a $600 piece of software that I could outcompete very rapidly if I had an appropriately sized team of programmers.

I know a $400 device that can be replaced by a $20 to $40 device.

I know something everyone does every day that everyone would very gladly pay a few dollars to do better...

This one confuses me, you are a genius, why don't you learn programming and write it yourself?

So let me get this straight, you have no prototype, no business plan, no detailed cost of parts labour and packaging, no market research and you can't sell for shit, otherwise you wouldn't have that website and advertise on Veeky Forums. So why invest in you?

If you are in a position to invest... Then email me at [email protected].

Then I will prove to you the merit of my low-level, accessible inventions. I will show you, for instance, that with just one or two programmers, hired full time for one month, I can produce proof-of-concept showing that a larger team is justified to outcompete the $600 software. I will show you exactly the innovation that allows this to occur.

Once my low-level inventions are bringing me money I can begin to approach the larger ones for billions of dollars. But please don't think that I ever speak of impossibilities... When I speak of devices for which I have no prototype, I only speak of devices for which the technological innovation over what exists is so minor, so well-placed, that you would HAVE to agree that yes, it can be done, and yes, it would profit ENORMOUSLY.

In any case, my potential ventures are so numerous that for Mr. Capital to dislike all of them would be like an entire season of Shark Tank with no successes.

In regards to programming... Why should I devote a large amount of time to learning how to effectively program when I could easily convince a Mr. Capital to hire someone who already knows it?

I already know what computers can do easily and what they can't... And that's enough.

Tbqh you sound like a teenage narcissist. You sound like Kanye saying "yo I'm a lyrical boy genius".

>Why should I devote a large amount of time to learning how to effectively program when I could easily convince a Mr. Capital to hire someone who already knows it?
>large amount of time
I thought you were a genius. Takes like a year to get a MIT CS degree equivalent education, probably a third of that for a bona fide genius.
>I already know what computers can do easily and what they can't... And that's enough.
Kek

One year is a long time. Four months is a long time. It's effort for something Mr. Capital can just hire people to do.

Everything I can do, Mr. Capital can do faster and better.

I'm quite narcissistic, yes, and have been compared to Kanye, but I'm 21.

Nah. You aren't an idea guy. You weren't born bad at math. You are a lazy fuck who needs to put in some effort to git gud. Stacy doesn't like broke retards

> pic
> iq mechanical > iq electrical

entrepreneurship, marketing, sales, management, design, research, the list could go on forever.

these are all assuming you are actually an "Idea Guy", of which I am quite skeptical.

>self-proclaimed ideas guy
>no background in STEM

I feel so, so sorry for any engineers that find themselves working below you.

but.....I'm just not good at maffs, thats all, yeah I'm just not a maffs guy, thats all, its not like I'm stupid, I just dont like maffs, thats all.

I on the other hand am versed in mathematical proof and use it in my inventions...

>I'm an ideas guy
>help come up with an idea to generate a career path for me
>you

Sales. Or maybe marketing.

Ideas themselves are worth very little. $0.

Idea Guys are Idea Guys because they are internally tone deaf

prime example: the other self proclaimed Idea Guy in this thread

an Idea Guy trying to come up with a realistic career path for himself would be like an alcoholic trying to write up his own 12 step program

Idea Guys are great with words, sales sounds perfect, especially with a juicy commission structure

unless of course you flop in the high pressure environment, in which case I will just kill myself

thanks 4 the help Veeky Forums

>internally tone deaf

Well, seeing as I am an admitted psychopath (sense of remorse literally diminished to or beyond zero)...

I would maintain though that I account for and even work quirks into my thought processes quite successfully. If you'd only speak to me privately.

Incidentally, any established coiners in here? Knowledgeable about the history of the system?

The 12 steps of alcoholics anonymous was written up by Bill Wilson who was a fucking bad alcoholic. The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous was written entirely by Alcoholics, save 14 pages or so written by a doctor.

>be ideas guy
>generate good idea
>determine the skills that are needed to make that idea profitable
>acquire those skills
>put idea into action
>profit after years of hard work

About as simple as that.

> liberal arts student at heart
> special snowflake attitude
> can't grammar worth a damn

Try conducting yourself appropriately?

Like this guy I mean look at that sexy grammar. This guy too.

Bump for idea guys

looks like the first four are not that smart considering that they have no job

>idea guy
>can't come up with ideas on what career path he should take

I think you are neither an idea guy nor a doer.

>economics degree
>131 IQ

Well shit this chart is pretty accurate.

>mathematics/philosophy student
>genius IQ

indeed...

>but my SKILL is coming up with IDEAS

Look guys, he's a creative. He creates for work, how preposterous is that.

as a math major, there is no fucking way the average IQ is 132.

And as an econ grad student, there is no fucking way econ majors average an IQ of 130

>Not a "math person"

Go to Veeky Forums and look into understanding mathematics. There's people on Veeky Forums who've struggled with their multiplication tables, but are now in the process of earning their Masters in STEM fields like Mathematics. Everything that you want to do requires knowing, at the very least, Algebra I & II and Trig.

There's nothing called being a *insert whatever* student at heart. That's just some bullshit that you're telling yourself so you can stay on the path of least resistance.

I used to be in your shoes too, so I understand where you're coming from. I took the easiest math courses in high school and almost failed them all. My family told me early on that I wasn't a "math person" to make me feel better about my failing grades. I positioned myself around friends who were on a similar level as me and grew up in a family which didn't instill values which placed the importance of math and science first. It bankrupted me, and telling yourself these lies will continue to bankrupt you too. It isn't just laziness, but a cancerous perception that it's impossible for you to understand the subjects behind what you truly want to make/do. I loved sketching and coming up with new ideas, and I've even seen other people implement one of my ideas that I've had successfully in the form of an IoT smart piggy bank for kids. The guy is a multimillionaire now. After this happened, I figured out that life doesn't revolve around the people who just think up ideas, but it does reward the ones who can successfully implement them in a timely fashion.

Just ask any programmer/developer how many times they've had to turn people down who've offered them a percentage stake in their "company" if they just built their idea for them.

Understand the basic fundamentals of what you're attempting to accomplish, assign a schedule so you can learn this topic, and find a piece of your project that you think you can do and implement it.

Also don't fall for any of the IQ bullshit. Anything that states that you have to be so bright to learn something is complete and total bullshit.

If you can find your way to this website and articulate your problems, then it's possible for you to learn math and science. Persistance and dedication to learning something is the key to grasping it. It's simple as that.

If you want to learn math, then do it.
Start on KhanAcademy and use something like a pomodoro timer to keep you on subject.

If you want to learn programming, then do it.
Pick up Programming Principles and Practice Using C++ on Bookzz.org and read through it.

If you want to bitch and complain about how you're going nowhere in life, then keep making posts like these on Veeky Forums.

Suck it up, create a rigorous schedule that you will follow, go to bed on time, eat right, and set goals & deadlines for yourself. It's that simple. Everything else is childs play.

You know, this was the first post that got through to me. After meditating on the subject a bit I found that being an Idea Guy mostly sums up as being good with words, at least when I estimate my own abilities. After seeing that going the sales route seems obvious, possibly with some side writing or a public speaking career.

However, you inspired me not to just give up on math. I registered for Khan Academy and will be adding it to my NEET daily schedule. There's no reason to give up on such an important subject in 2017 when all the resources are at our fingertips.

Thanks man.

Lol