/ovg/ - back h/o/me edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Swing by our Mumble server and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

We're racing on the weekends. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/multi-layer-grass-dirt-with-sat-map.55032/#post-911880
racedepartment.com/downloads/nfs-tournament-class-a.16905/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for the circlejerk

>WE WENT TO VG I MADE THE THREAD AND IT DID NOT WORK NOW BACK O BECAUSE WAH: subedition

Friendly reminder this is the real thread

Lame thread tbqh

Well that was short lived

The thread on /b/ got deleted kek

maybe you won't be shitter filled if you kept making them in vg you turds

helo racin frens

the threads are never actually made by the people advocating that we move to Veeky Forums

this is how it goes literally every time there is a somewhat lengthy discussion about moving to Veeky Forums... the circle jerk defenders make the thread and say "THERE I MADE YOU A THREAD, GO THERE!" It inevitably dies and then someone, probably the same person who made the thread in the first place, goes "SEE, I TOLD YOU."

no one is under the delusion that a Veeky Forums thread could exist without the support of the majority of existing members here. the real issue is there are enough people here who think this place is somehow better than the average Veeky Forums, when in reality they're identical but this place lacks visibility.

>be me
>find my old HDD from 7 years ago
>have UG2
>play it, screen loads
>FUCKING TOKYO DRIFT PLAYS
>realize the game has a couple of simple mods
>play for a while with a recreation of Han's RX-7
>toho eurobeat playing
>song ends
>Running in the 90s starts
>a riced out AE86 goes past me
What the fuck?

you know a joke has gone too far when idiots pick up on it and think it's serious

Do you ever get to drive the racecars in GT4? Most content seems to be for street-legal cars

GET IN HERE BOYS

You're pathetically unfunny.

it's not a joke you dense fuck

kys

hey look i found one

your past self was a funny person

Is it your life?

if i gave life to you tell your mother im sorry for the trouble ive caused her over the past 15 years

ok summerfag
sperg more

>people will join on Veeky Forums!!!
>they're'll be more users!!!

boohoo grandpa

the jannies got assmad

And the best part is the gtr corvette shitposts are still up

How buttmad were some ovg babies from here so they reported the thread to deletion?

>and two more things: first, check if you have centering spring enabled in driver, disable it if needed. and second thing, keep in mind that you use super small wheel. you couldn't easily turn your wheel in real car if it would be 27cm in diameter
>Did you turn off the spring and damper effects and the centering spring from the Logitech profiler yet? The game will calculate those forces for you, having those activated might result in unwanted effects.
@both
I'll check it out, but I think it is disabled by default. The G29 doesn't have damper and other settings on the driver/LGS (only sensitivity, rotation and centering spring).

We didn't need to report it, Starking deleted it himself.

Anyone get Initial D 6AA working via Technoparrot emu? On a decent enough PC (i7 3770k, 1070) and it will not boot for me despite me following the directions to the letter. It did boot once but never again.

Any resources /ovg/ can link me to?

The G29 doesnt have settings like this in the driver?

G29 uses the new Logitech profiler

Nope. Logitech profiler = Logitech Gaming Software, right? Because LGS is the only software available for the G29 on Logitech's site.

Does adding a roll cage to your car in Horizon 3 actually increase the rigidity, or is it more just for show? I know in real life it would, but I'm wondering if there's any benefit in the game to all that added weight. I haven't had the game for too long, and I feel like the handling is too arcadey for me to notice anything significant, but it's a cheap enough mod that it might actually be worth installing.

it just add weight. and ruins interiors of cars. skip it.

I just use it drop PI

Useful in shit like the 488 and 458 Speciale if you want them to drop to S1.

forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/multi-layer-grass-dirt-with-sat-map.55032/#post-911880

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Why do so many people drive meta cars instead of what they actually may like? In games like Forza or Gran Turismo the whole draw of it over an actual sim is that it has a big car list to screw around in, at the expense of accuracy. Why people buy these games and then spend 90% of their time driving the same 10 leaderboard cars all day is beyond me.

Because losing isn't fun at all.

I'm looking at you, 911 GT3 R

I made all the threads except the /trash/ one
I wasn't even in the argument, I just wanted to see you guys get angrier

But how is winning with meta fun? I don't think these people really care about fun, I think they're just satisfying egos, if they wanted competitive fun they'd go to ranked lobbies with other people following meta. What's satisfying about beating people in regular cars with your meta car, when you have such a blatant advantage what's the point?

I don't know man. I don't even own this game, so i'm not judjing.
What i'm saying is, i've had my tracktime with the 911, and everytime i got close to winning something, it was more of a surprise than anything.
I like the car a lot, but driving mid-engine in close-to-ideal situations is just always better, no way getting around that. And losing because you just can't get any faster isn't exactly fun.

Playing games is about finding the optimal way to do things.

>and everytime i got close to winning something, it was more of a surprise than anything
The way I see it doing well with something non-ideal is more satisfying, but I can understand how it holds you back when you want to push yourself and the car just can't go any further. Finding cars with "personality" helps a lot, ones that aren't necessarily slow but are hard to master, which is where I get miffed when it comes to leaderboard cars. They don't feel like your taming a beast, or like you're pushing a shitbox to the max, they're just easy and boring.

I guess that could be true in some other games but in Forza especially it takes a minute to look up a leaderboard car and copy the tune for that track, there's nothing to learn besides how to drive and a really meta car will do half the driving for you.

Every time I go into a Forza lobby (in any Forza game) driving what I want instead of what's the best for the track, the same shit always happens.

>at least one or two people driving the tryhardiest cars imaginable
>they continuously finish races back to back at least 10 seconds ahead of everyone else
>get sick of it and decide to beat them at their own game
>become the very monster I once despised
>rinse and repeat

For example, just last week:
>playing FH3 lobby, S2 race
>pick Hoonicorn for driftu
>tight 2nd /3rd place
>until some asshat in a 918 rolls on by
>dude finishes first every race
>pull out a Z4 GTE so I can beat him
>I start winning races and he immediately leaves

Yes especially in this game the meta cars are just so much quicker its not even funny.

Whenever I feel my win ratio needs a boost I just go into S2 with a 458 Speciale.

sweet

I need more answers:

Questions:
Do you guys drive IRL? If so, how realistic do you consider your wheel?

It's been almost 1 week since I bought the G29 and I am still not enjoying it. This is my first wheel ever and I expected more from it. It feels nothing like any real car (I've driven cars with no power steering, with hydraulic ones and with electric ones).
I'm almost returning it (tomorrow is the last day for it).
What can I do to enjoy it?

Send it to me if you don't want it

Is there a good idea on graphc settings for F1 2017?

This is it maxed and everything looks a little weird.

I'd rather send it back to the store. :^)

at the end of the day, it's always going to be a video game and we're years off from having affordable solutions that will more accurately emulate what it's like to really be driving these vehicles.

that being said, what I look for out of my g27, and more so the game I'm playing, is that it gives me a good idea of what is going on with my car and how it's interacting with the road.

I can also attest to the fact that it takes some time to truly get the settings down. At first, I wanted really heavy forcefeedback, because I thought that would be more realistic or hardcore, but that doesn't offer the best experience in terms of the feedback conveying what's going on with your car. You get a lot of clipping and muddled feedback.

I prefer a nice light feeling wheel and have for a while now. These are my G27 settings, then I will turn down the FFB in the game settings of whatever I'm playing at the moment, typically around 50% strength but it depends on the game.

It can be tricky getting a wheel to feel just right.

these are my AC settings for reference.

>Veeky Forumsina BTFO

mumble circlejerk wins again

GT1 S2 fucking when

>we did it guys, we're can keep swapping cum with each other in peace!

Congratulations? Moving to Veeky Forums does nothing but benefit this general unless you want to to remain stagnant.

gotta keep the gt cars in the garage for a while man

i love them very much, but we've been doing them so much, it has gotten a bit boring sadly

we still have to see a gt3 season in AC to the end before doing gt1 again

Then how come threads on Veeky Forums die in just hours?

>DeSilva
uma delicia

this thread is likely always going to be relatively slow, this thread is significantly slower than any thread that stays alive on Veeky Forums
it's either /ovg/ stays on a slow board like this or it doesn't exist at all, pretty much

>haha I don't give a fuck about the 30 other people that show up only when we race GT cars, I personally get bored of actually having anyone to race after like 5 minutes

>30 other people that show up

those times are long gone buddy

just drive other cars for a bit then bring back the GT3s. if every series is GT3->GTE->GT1 on repeat it gets boring even if the mods are good

series when

perhaps lower saturation a little bit

Whenever you want senpai

find a good reshade on RaceDepartment

I'm down

>/ovg/ in f1 cars

wont last a laps

Holy shit kita you mcfucking sperg, get a grip on and stop smoking weed. Wtf was that anyway. Everytime something that you dont like happens you throw shit fit.

Stop causing drama you moron. And no, fuck your opinion. I didn't expectect a such a shitty attitude from you. I wouldnt give flying heck where the thread is but you escalated it for no reason.

not if you're not in a car desu

>see all the hype behind F1 2017
>James is the only person on my friends list who has it
anyways, I'd be down for a series or whatever

Don't have the game yet but from what I've heard the multiplayer is pretty buggy currently. After a couple of months and a couple of patches fix those things, I'd have nothing against it desu

there are slow generals like this on Veeky Forums, just saying. it's really a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. /ovg/ would definitely run the risk of not bumping fast enough, but it would also be in a position to have more growth on Veeky Forums.

personally, I'd rather see it at least TRY existing on Veeky Forums, the benefits outweigh the negatives by far but the circle jerk brigade are literally going to do whatever they can to stop that. at the end of the day, if they want a slow and stagnant general then that's exactly what they deserve. I don't care about this place enough to be upset, it would just be nice to see a more active place for racing video games.

Its been done before and it didnt work.

This thread has been here for ages, under several names, for a reason user

I don't believe that the general has ever collectively made an effort to switch over to Veeky Forums.

this is what happens:
Threads are not made by people with a genuine interest to move to Veeky Forums, they're made by the detractors in an attempt to try and make a half-assed disingenuous point.

Kita banned from mumble when

Oh shut up already nerd.

Kita did nothing wrong

What are the benefits if the vast majority of the new board's userbase is mainly invested in their home thread(s) and doesn't give a fraction of a single shit about the rest of the thread catalog? Veeky Forums is absolutely terrible for building communities, it mostly exists to maintain existing ones and the old saying "Veeky Forums is where games go to die" wasn't coined for nothing.

You don't expand the userbase for a niche community by simply setting up shop next to a busy highway with zero advertising and expecting people to find you. You need a good attraction to reel people in, for example capitalizing on the Forza 7 release and hinting "actually we do have a 4chins league and we also play other racing games wink wink" should be effective enough. If that gets the hotpockets to chase your community off to Veeky Forums, then good for you because you've basically won the argument, but the current form of this shitshow simply isn't sustainable on Veeky Forums even if the idiotic shitflinging from both sides just magically ceased. You'd have to constantly force discussion or make zero content posts to keep it from sliding off page 10, even some of the far more popular games are struggling to gain a foothold.

This.
When FM7 rolls around we need to shill as much as possible on /v/

Forgot to add, I frankly don't give a rat's ass about what board I have to go on for racing gaymes, as long as there actually is a place to discuss them in. Being successful on Veeky Forums is all about timing, and right now it's the wrong time.

>getting shitters from vg is bad
>but shitters from v are A-ok

:thinking:

i think you should focus less on vg and more on base concept of inviting new players. but then again, i'm sure you won't

Oh no, I'm neutral in this whole thing. The post just made me think.

the old saying? literally never heard that once in my time on here.

and if what you we were saying was true, that people don't go outside of their home board, then there would never be any growth in any board. from personal experience, I've searched out communities within Veeky Forums when I'm interested in a certain game or genre and you're crazy if you don't a lot of people use Veeky Forums in the same way. peopel will always have their main boards, but to think they don't utilize Veeky Forums is insane.

I also think the analogy is a bit off, there isn't zero advertisement. The board itself is the advertisement and right now it's in some dark alleyway. While there is a lot of competition on the Veeky Forums 'highway', that does lead to a more robust community. There would probably be times when /ovg/ needs to be remade, it happens, but this board gets similar unique posters to some other boards on Veeky Forums.

the genre is big enough to sustain a board. there are far more niche genres that have successful generals.

There's going to be a Veeky Forums made, I can guarantee that because it happens with every new 'big' release like Forza, and there is definitely potential for that to turn into a racing general. as far as shilling for /ovg/ on other boards, well I just find that hilarious considering the biggest naysayers of moving to Veeky Forums use Veeky Forums and /v/ being shit as part of their argument.

What if we as a middle ground could get the /simg/ guys to include a link to ovg for simracing?

decent idea

Have you guys never been in simg?
That general's name should be /flightsimg/

i know, but they still have tags like Assetto Corsa etc in their general.

thanks for keeping the discussion going for me europoor bros!!!!! i was almost worried we would go back to discussing videogames

The last person I saw a racing game was half a year ago from a dude who played raceroom. Thats it.

I remember asking the simg guys if any of them played racing games because they mention AC etc in the OP but they told me no one did and I'd have to go to ovg

i know, it's not for regulars of simg. It's for people who go on vg and search for racing games like assetto corsa, iRacing etc... So instead of being disappointed and leaving because noone in simg posts anything about racing games, they would instead find a link to ovg if it was in their op.

Um excuse me, but we dont play videogames. We DRIVE in SIMULATORS.
Don't be a dum dum next time.

no

like mario kart?

IT'S OUT!
racedepartment.com/downloads/nfs-tournament-class-a.16905/

based a3dr

If we don't do an extra special F3 round, I'll be hosting an extra round with those instead. Probably on a long track like Black Cat County or something similar. Suggestions welcome.

Chassis bracing in general will increase rigidity and it can turn a wet noodle like the r32 into a car but the full cage is most likely not necessary

>s2
>hoonicorn
He wasn't to blame but if you can beat him with one of the race cars he's a top tier shitter