Is there anything like miata but with 4 seats? (in the same price range)

is there anything like miata but with 4 seats? (in the same price range)

Other urls found in this thread:

thelocal.de/20170728/german-automakers-face-class-action-lawsuits-over-price-fixing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rx8

if we add the engine swap/rebuild to the price its quite above the budget

No way you can have it all

Save more money and get a 128i/135i

Also interested in this, not necessarily price range but i want me some damn pop up headlights with 4 seats and a RWD. Celica is so fucking close

924/944/968/928

This. Its more like a modern E30. Its perfect.

they are hot garbage if you dont have the money to fix it.

Yeah, they're great when they work (except maybe the 924) but it takes a lot of effort and money to keep them working.

This. I want a RX8. Am Sadist.

BRZ/86 is the closest thing if buying new.

Used opens up your options more.

E30, 128i, 135i

well, i said in the same price range as miata (na/nb) so i didnt even consider buying anything new
i hate bmws

Is there a car that is like MX-5 or S200 that isn't a convertible?

Toyobaru

RX-7 FD

Think we might be straying away from the Miata but if a 944 is in consideration then a starquest works too. Can still get them cheap but are starting to rise now.

If you hate BMW's you clearly haven't ever owned one.
They're dreams. The driving experience is great, the reliability is wonderful, the engines are miraculous, they're nice to work on, they parts are small and light weight.
Basically they're the opposite of a Porsche.

>i hate bmws
most of their i6 and classics are great. do some research and test drive one. i'd hate for you to fall victim to Veeky Forums memes

i hate them because of its community, aura around it and typical driver
not even memes, theres a shitton of them in my country and i associate with bmw in anyway

And I don't want to*

>I let Gypsies and Slavs determine how I live my life

You can get an rx8 with a blown motor and perfect body for like 1k, rebuilt renesis is like 3k at most, and then maybe 1k for reliability mods. So 5k and a bunch of work. Seems worth it to me.

probably the 240sx

it's slow
it is RWD
it has popups
fuckhueg aftermarket
cringy fanbase
it is meme taxed (even more than the miata)

not a convertable tho

besides that, they are expensive to get in a good state, for anything less than 4k you will only get one that's rusted, abused without oil changes and welded diff

how the fuck is miata meme taxed, you can literally get one for 1500$/€, it's cheaper than decent bicycle

find a clean one for under $4500
protip: you can't

boostang

FPBP
OP this is literally the only answer

>Reliability

... Mate. No, just no. If you think VW/Audi Group, BMW, or Merc are reliable you're sorely mistaken.
Instead of only giving you the usual survey results (which confirm the same) consider the following anecdotal evidence.

>Between my brother, mother and father they have collectively owned about 22 BMWs and 3 Mercs over the last 30 or so years. I've owned one VW Golf (Golf 5).

>All maintained, serviced, and driven reasonably (and at legal limits, mostly) for their owned life.

>The Golf broke 5 times in seven years, three were in the warranty period. (Warped head, catalytic converter went, cracked gearbox housing, two ignition coils and numerous electrical glitches and fuses blown)

>The BMWs however were by far the worst. >Power steering pump failures, ECUs, batteries going dead within a year, leaking cylinder heads, blown gaskets, four gearboxes, two rear differentials, two radiators, tyre pressure sensors that have never worked, oil leaks.
>But the biscuit is taken by the 335i, which had the 6th and last piston seize in the cylinder housing, and given the torque, snap teh con rod and stay in place. Probably the most awful noise ever. BMW, to their credit replaced the entire engine for free, and many of the other bits above too - mostly because they failed in the warranty period.

> To prove that my highly educated and qualified family are not a bunch of hooners - my Dutch colleague has had endless issues, and the families 3 of my closest friends growing up, right until I left university. Including blown turbos on diesels, etc etc etc.

Oh, one more thing:
thelocal.de/20170728/german-automakers-face-class-action-lawsuits-over-price-fixing

Seems the reason for the nostalgia on "German Quality" is all deliberate after all.

I don't care about the point you're making but as someone who's Dutch I feel obligated to say that with the way most BMWs here drive I'm not surprised they get issues

Oh my god I have never read anything so utterly and wholly divorced from reality in my entire life. I have a BMW in my driveway.

Must be the badge.
Dubs checked.

OP, assuming you live in burgerland, can't you get one of those old convertible mustangs? They had 4 seats right?
Else - check the sticky. Think Lexus made some shitty 4 seat convertible once, SC series.

Meant dubs checked here.

i live in slav country, not burgerland

Angle grinder + Lada.

300zx 2+2
they can come in cheap

insecure cuck
you can get a decent e46 330ci or e36 328 for 4k €, easily the best value for money
the rest is overpriced shit and makes no. sense if you're from europe

>i hate bmws
would love to get it but its rare and expensive

>insecure cuck

RX7's have back seats don't they?

people like you are one of the reasons i dont like bmw (or rather their owners)
>you dont like my manufacturer? you fucking insecure fag

How much for an RX8 with a real engine that isn't powered by unreliable dorito magic?

t. doesn't own a BMW
My E30 is a good car but to describe it as a dream is pushing it.

Having lived in europe for a while I've got to be honest - BMWs are your best bet for cheap lightweight RWD however much you dislike them. Anything decent and japanese is stupid expensive, hard to attain, and parts are prohibitively expensive so unless you're willing to expand your budget or move continents you're not really going to get what you want.Try E30s, E28s or E21s. idk about slavland but over here in Australia they don't have the bro stigma attached that more recent models have. Well kept ones are actually pretty nice to own but expect to sink $$$$ into it if it's neglected.

Miatas, celicas preludes, eclipses, mr2s(only 3rd gen) etc are rather cheap here and thats what I'm mostly considering but it's the problem is that it's either FWD or has only 2 seats and I've been trying to find the middle ground
What I would love to get the most is 200/240 SX or 300zx but they are expensive as fuck

This
You can find an RX-8 (clean) for anything from 1-4k with a blown or soon-to-be-blow motor. You can buy a new Renesis for probably around 3-5k depending on where and mileage, but unless you know rotary, I don't advise installing it yourself, at least get a friend who knows something about them. And there are a shit ton of motors that can be swapped into an RX-8.

This is a bullshit picture, JD Power and Associate awards and studies are KNOWN to be full of crap.

>i hate bmws
You're either legit stupid or were born with bad taste. Either way I pity you.

I explained it more in some other post, but it's not really that I hate BMW because of how they look/feel etc. but because of it's typical driver and it's community
stereotype but it's mostly true in slav shitholes and I just don't want to associate with this
If I'll find something nice and cheap then I'll think about it

Lexus IS200, cheap as fuck, overrated jap crap, driven by vape heads. Clearly the 4 door Miata.

JD Power the least reliable reliability index.

Though about it before and seems like a good choice but it being a sedan is kind of a turn off for me

Thought*

IS300
Only difference is that its not gay

Assuming you're OP you stated that the only reason you don't like a brand is the people driving them which makes you an insecure fucking cuck and you should fucking kill yourself worthless fucking faggot

>t.bimmer
is it that fucking hard to understand that i simply dont want an bmw?

Not him, but it's hard to understand when you haven't driven one and are only against it because of other owners. I've had two Miatas and an E46, and the E46 was a phenomenal car with a set of coilovers. Smoothest highway car I've ever owned

I've also owned several Benzs, Audis, now bimmers and I doubt I will ever get anything else besides a BMW.
I also come from eastern europe and the social stigmas are not even so bad.
If you have a well kept nice looking example people still give you thumbs up on the street, you will get positive feedback.
girls also dig BMWs pretty much worldwide.
The cars just are so great to drive I wouldnt care even if bimmers had swastikas printed on them i'd still drive em lol.

You're still an insecure cuck if you don't want a BMW simply because of the stigma attached to them and their drivers. They're like the only option you have in Europe for a good chassis, RWD, a good engine and 4 seats at an affordable price.

i did drive my uncles e90 and it wasnt as amazing as everyone pretends it to be
although i have to admit that i've never been in e30/36/46

So what other options do you have? Volvo 240? Mercedes 190?

Moneypit 924/944?

Just get a bimmer.

All automatics are gay, son

>IS
>Not Gay
Pick one.

BRZ/FRS/GT86

pretty much every car has a shit community and stereotype linked to it.
where i'm from there's a huge stigma against golf gti drivers

I've known of the Starion quests for a long time.

Always thought they were cool. is everyone swapping engines now? I've heard there stock engines are a pain in the ass.

no

The stock engines are really good once built properly, they can take a fuckton of boost.

The heads suck and you know it
>is everybody swapping engines now?
alot of them are, the JZ series from Toyota are often swapped, as well as Mitsu Sirius engines like the 4G6X series
I often fancy the idea of building a 4G64 with the 4G63T head and boosting it into oblivion. Those engines will make way more power than a G54B and do so reliably because they don't have the "crank walk" issue.

Lmao good luck with that in the US for anything under 4,000$ you're talking 200,000+ miles or some dire mechanical or cosmetic issues. I paid 3,000 for mine and its been rattlecanned lmao

E46 330ci
E36 328i
E30 325i
good engines, rwd, good chassis, manual transmissions, good ergonomics, tons of aftermarket, parts are everywhere, everything for a budget driver's car.
no other cars compare at the price point if you're in europe.

You just need the revision, don't buy an early RX8.

Late model RX8s cost way more than early RX8s and Miatas though, so you end up well above OP's budget again.

I have the same problem like OP. Rwd japanese cars are rare and expensive here but i'd rather have a fwd car than a bmw. I know they are great cars and i have driven quite a lot of them but i just don't like them.

>I have the same problem like OP.
>I am an insecure cuck too
ftfy

bimmer fag triggered