/dlg/ - Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links General

Pairofsocks Brothers Edition

Last Thread: >Latest News
-640 gems will be rewarded, (64 a day from 6/4) log in those days to avoid being thwarted!
-Konami returns Ultimate Rising and Age of Discovery, get it now before they pull more jewish fuckery!
-Be sure to duel Super Joey, his drop rates are super doughy! (Ends on the 25th)
-Unlike any other, duel the Paradox Brothers! (Ends on the 30th)
-The new beast minibox is here, don't buy it or it'll backfire!
-Lots of new characters lie in wait, but none that you can date!
-Don't use Switcheroo, Konami has made it not worth using for you!

>If you need some help click these links, if you don't your ranked matches will sink!:
-Having trouble finding out what to do? Click these to make your way through!
duellinks.gamea.co/
duellinksmeta.com/

>If you're new take a gander, these rhyming tips only get blander!
-Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Links is for those who have to flow to play on the go!
-Turn up gamespeed for flattery, but watch out for your battery!
-Watch out posting cards that are prismatic, we have an user here who is a spastic!
-If you're a shitter, make sure you don't stage-up past 35 you quitter!
-Level up Keith and Mai, their level-up cards will kiss your opponents goodbye!

This is a good OP, I like this OP

Aw man, and I was making a big new one that looked like the previous deleted rhyming.

Either way you're not that retard and you brought us rhymes. Good job OP, today you're not a fag

You fucklng with me? You can't rhyme OP with OP.

I wasn't trying to rhyme, silly

Rhymes are a bit more hit and miss here than the last one, but it's still much better than the usual threads.
Bit sad that I wasn't able to post my Millenium Shield OP, though.

You forgot to announce the new championship, OP.

Ready your monsters, traps, spells and equips! In London Konami hosts this year's Championship!

Hosted in August of 2017, join the qualifiers if you aim to be Duel King or Queen!

>Discovery
>Fuckery
Passable

>Other
>Brother
I guess it works

>Here
>Backfire
Here doesn't rhyme with Fire you silly goose!

>Prismatic
>Spastic
Doesn't rhyme, but it's good since it's insulting the GCR retard

>Be sure to duel Super Joey, his drop rates are super doughy! (Ends on the 25th)

>Didn't drop A SINGLE FUCKING decent card in the entirety of the event for me
>Just a billion Giltias The D. Knight

At least Protector of the Throne is waifu material, I guess. And it's a Warrior too, which means I could maybe try to--

>Warrior still has no support
>Defense position is still shit

Oh.

I want Ishizu to make this face at me after I tell her I didn't use protection

Guess she couldn't predict that!

>That one card you think is super fucking cool and want to use
>It's either shit, or the meta wouldn't allow it

What's her name, user?

Dragonic Knight and Zeta Reticulant

fuck off carlos

DOMA characters, when? Hermos, when?

Before this event, Guardian Angel Joan. I always thought the LP gain effect was OP, but it just didn't fit into the meta.

Now with 3 star demotion, hooooly shit thats changed

The Fairy's niche of recovering LP is surprisingly cool

We should be awarded points for finishing duels with a fuckload of LP after a certain point. Would make Ishizu with Fairy's Smile and general fairy beatdown decks perfect for farming

Labyrinth Tank. It been one of my favorites since i was a kid

If Konami weren't such greedy little jews, I think it'd make sense for there to be LP bonuses just like the damage ones.

Win Duel with more than 3000LP: 500pts
Win Duel with more than 5000LP: 1800pts
Win Duel with more than 9999LP: 3000pts

At least Yugi got some use out of him.

Has anyone in here tried to make a full voiceline deck? Self explanatory, but either way, I mean using all the cards that a character has voicelines for on using. There seems to be a surprisingly big ammount for each of them.

Might be because I haven't watched the anime in years but I don't recall Ishizu ever using Cestus of Dagla, yet here it is. I think it'd be fun, do we have a rip of how many voicelines each character has?

I'm gonna put a second totem dragon in this, think 2 red eye spirits is enough or should I go for a third?

Labyrinth Tank, Gradius, and the 5 star tribute Dino cards like Megazowler. This game has made me really enjoy the space ship line of cards, I hope more come out.

Red-Eyes B. Dragon.

She uses it against Kaiba, though I think it may have had an anime only name at the time

>Ishizu ever using Cestus of Dagla

She uses it against Kaiba in Battle City. She equips it to this monster, I forget which. They don't call it Cestus of Dagla though but it has the same Artwork.

Anyways, I've used a Rex Raptor Deck. He has voice lines for Uraby, King Rex, Crawling Dragon, Megazowler, Sword Arm of Dragon, Red-Eyes, Serpent Night Dragon and Tyrant Dragon. Its pretty fun.

Is there a site that lists all the cards a character has voice lines for?

So, I dropped Gaia from Yugi an hour ago

Is there anyway I can make it work? I always thought he was a cool motherfucker but this game is pretty restrictive with the usability of his kind of monster i.e "why the fuck is it so expensive if it's so weak"

There are but it's incomplete. It kind of sucks knowing quite a few lines will never be heard because the particular card is trash.

only in a fusion deck really. Maybe if you use blue dragon summoner to pull the fusion piece you need. It won't be any KoG deck though for sure.

Is Gaia the Dragon Champion any good? Haven't dropped that yet and I think that's the only fusion for him.

I could just cram my deck full of Tribute Dolls and meme on people though

It's a Dragon/Wind monster with 2600 Att and 2100 Def. Maybe on a Kaiba deck it could work, but Curse of the Dragon on its own is pretty bad.

not really no, but it's the only way you can make gaia worth his salt. There are a lot of fusion support cards, and cards that pull normal monsters from your deck (or just support normal monsters in general) so abusing those things (since both gaia and curse of dragon are normal monsters) you might be able to pull off some shenanigans.

finally a non-shit OP

Should they have messed a bit with some of the cards so as to make most of them not literal and utter garbage?

Like making a minimum standard of "if you're a 4 star monster you will NOT have less than 1500 and have an upper limit of 1800 atk on standard" and so on to avoid power creep? It'd force people to look at archetypes and different types of support more than just grabbing the biggest stick because they'd all be more or less on the same page. Just bothers me a bit how the numbers seem to be all over the place especially on fusion and five star monsters being weaker than many four stars. What the fuck man

I get what you're saying, but it's the same logic as to why there are objectively bad pokemon. It's to give the game some variety and allow for different levels of challenge.

>linking last thread

It seems Konami reduced the drop rate of SR cards for people who use the modded apk. I wonder how they did that.

They didnt, all rng

What is archive

Yes, they did. I made the tests myself.

They couldn't have known in 2001 what the game would be like in 2017. Axe Raider really did used to be a god tier card when it came out in the OCG.

>Axe Raider really did used to be a god tier card when it came out in the OCG.

Was it really? Mechanicalchaser and Gemini Elf were released pretty early on.

Nigga, I have like 5 of each of the new cards from super joey.

>Twin Barrel Dragon
>Never fucking works when I need it to
Every time

>Newfags have to now deal with Platinum rank 4 and 5 as well as Legend rank

Thank god I got KoG already. Have fun getting to KoG never newfags.

>3 Cup of Ace on starting hand
>50/50 chance
>Use 3 times
>Fail 3 times

Um sweetie, that's a good thing for Burnfags

you probably don't need 3 meteor red eyes, maybe replace 2 with BDS. and replace the ryu's with vanguards when you can. Also champs vig instead of stamping destruction

Maybe in the TCG, in the OCG they were pretty far apart.

I guess even in the TCG there was a divide, only Battle Ox took Axe Raiders place in the TCG
>Axe Raider was a $50+ Super from an obscure pack
>Mechanicalchaser was a $300+ Ultra from the same obscure pack
>Gemini Elf was $30-40 Secret rare from a regular pack but its rarity and attack points drove the price up

Wow congrats on your 50 gems. All the newfags who get KoG will get are prize cards every season. I bet they feel dumb

>replace ryus with vanguard
Oh yeah good idea, I forgot about that
>champ's vig instead of stamping destruction
why? I feel like the deck needs to be more aggressive than protective. Also, I'm already using champs vig in my BEWD deck.
>replacing meteor red eyes with BDS
I'm not using BDS because of totem dragon.

found some uses but it's hard to justify in gold

oh also, I forgot to add in my last post If you have 2 meteor red eyes on the field, do they both get invincibility?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I did it xd

>tfw from all that farming I didn't get the labyrinth wall skill but just the 3 star demolition one (which is better I guess)

Not that user but Champ's Vigilance is like legit the best trap card in the game. Stamping destruction just gets you 500 chip damage through before they chain activate. Champ's Vigilance means you can negate anything short of flip activation including a summon which is the most alpha offense play possible.

I wish I could run the deck but joey gave me one red eyes spirit rip. Is meteor actually worth using or is it a meme? Unless you're returning it with red eyes spirit, giving up a summon seems bad in the deck.

They should just release xyz and other meme summons now before this game dies from lack of gems

We did it reddit!!!

I've wanted this stupid skill for weeks now, excuse me for being happy

I'm sorry, I didn't want to be rude or anything like that. Congratulations.

I'm so glad 3 Star Demotion exists. It's completely shaken the meta and stopped the same decks from dominating so easily.

I'm currently running a Dark Magician deck with Blue Dragon Summoner, Champion's Vigilance, Thousand Knives, Dark Magic Attack, etc, it's great.

Would you guys fuck Yubel?

Imagine that third eye staring at you while she's pounding you into submission

It's a shame she has no normal feet.

gk oracle is op

**e-cons (1/1 tribute) you while you activate its effect**
Umm sweetie, are you sure?

*econs your path*

>being a footfag

>not having the most patrician fetish
+1 if also likes ntr

I just wanted to avoid overlap, however yeah champs vigilance is really fucking good.

I'm pretty sure meteor is a meme. I'm mostly planning on summoning it with red eyes spirit, if I can get two on the field and they're invincible, it will be a dank meme. If not, it's certainly just a 1 of in the deck.

>Spent over a thousand keys on Rex
>ONLY TWO FUCKING CRAWLING DRAGONS
NAH MAN, I DON'T WANT A THIRD CD, GIVE ME MY THIRTEENTH FUCKING BRACCIO AND PRAGTICAL, PLEASE!

Damn, what a difference between the dubbed and the subbed version of GX season!
the ost is completely different, the characters sound a hundred times more serious and mature.

I've been watching the dub, do you think the subbed version is better, or just different? I've actually really liked it so far (I'm at S1E48)

I just got to the part where Jaden duels the guy in the tube and he summons the Sacred Beasts. Given how they took their time in the original series to show off each god separately over the whole season, it's kinda strange how they're rushing to show off each beast in like one episode

Oh, relax. I'm talking about the last season of GX, which starts at the episode 156. there's no dubbed version of the last season. You are really going to like it.
It's a shame the dub of the previous season of GX made it look like a comedian show.

I finished Season 1 of GX myself a few days ago. Tbh, the ending to that arc is pretty underwhelming, but the season finale is alright.
If you liked the higher stakes at the point where you're at right now, you'll probably like Season 2 to an extent.
Couple new characters become pretty relevant, namely a Dinosaur user and another rival to Jaden.

>Paradox brothers even have special dialog for Kaiser Sea Horse

They really put a fine tooth comb on their anime duels to get every card didn't they?

Oh damn, really? What do they say for that card?

"Ha, ha, ha. take the horseshoe Kaiser Sea Horse".

Nothing super amazing, just
>I summon Kaiser Sea Horse!
>Go! Kaiser Sea Horse

It just dawned on me a bit ago that they used it in GX so I threw it in my deck just to see.

Hahahahaha!
This duel we did win

It's the second time you try to post this nibba we don't even know who he is in the first place

Not even that guy but how the fuck do you not recognize Gurren Lagann?

>never watched Gurren Lagann

Not even that guy, but come on.

I hope Esparoba has special dialogue if Joey uses Graceful Dice on him, assuming he eventually becomes a LD.

God dammit this shouldn't have blown off my sides but there gone

Huh, I don't watch dubbed anime.

You said you don't know who he is, dub or sub doesn't matter in this discussion

Yeah, you are partially right. I didn't watch GL. He's making the reference because of the voice though.

>same VA
>also same VA as Rex

Fuck I'm never going to be able to unhear this now. I didn't think any 4kids VAs ever went on to actual dubbing companies. Did any others do this?

The girl who voiced Mokuba also voiced Satsuki in the KLK dub

What's this guys' name?

>Spoilers, if you haven't seen season 1 of GX.

Holy shit, could Jaden be any more of a Gary Stu?

>Beats Crowler in his first duel at the academy
>Beats Chazz, who was an Obelisk level student
>Beats Alexis, also Obelisk level
>Nearly beats the fucking best student (literally one turn away)
>Beats Paradox Brothers
>Wins School Duel
>Beats every single Shadow Rider he dueled
>Beats the Professor
>NEVER FUCKING LOSES

And the cherry on the shit sundae:

>Wins against Kagemaru, who has been planning this shit for fucking years like it's nothing. Not only that, but that nigger had THREE sacred beasts out, only for Jaden to pull his special snowflake card out and win

Kinda makes the whole "Losing is ok" thing he went through earlier really pointless. How the fuck is this little shit beating people with 10x more skill? At least Yugi had an excuse for winning all the time, he was butt buddies with a god damn cheating pharaoh.

I've only seen Season 1, and it's already hilarious. Let me guess, by Season 3 he's in outer space, dueling with God himself to save the whole damn universe, right?

Why is this motherfucker the best and most capable farmer? I can't use him as I lack Union Attack, but I'm not aware of any other card that can get that GOAT 1k effect damage bonus.

>by Season 3 he's in outer space, dueling with God himself to save the whole damn universe, right?
Hmm, no, honey. that's already at season 2.

No actually season two is when he goes into space to duel

I've only just finished Season 2, but from what I've heard, he goes full edgelord around halfway into it and becomes friends with a demon or some shit. Also, by the start of Season 3 he meets what another duelist just like him with blue hair who uses Crystal Beasts, another super rare card Archetype like the Neo Spacians, and becomes his best friend.
By the end of Season 2 he's fighting against an alien controlling one of the best duelists who runs a cult of almost everyone at the academy over control of a Satellite that's gonna nuke the Earth if he doesn't stop it. He wins and destroys the satellite with the help of his own aliens, the Neo Spacians.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME

The entire season was leading up to this final showdown with the sacred beasts and this mastermind. This guy was trying to fucking take over the world and steal everyone's energy.

It literally ends with him crying on the ground and begging Jaden for forgiveness because "wah i'm a widdle old man pls understand i want to b young again" and Jaden fucking quotes him some generic bullshit about finding energy in yourself or some shit. Now they're all friends, sure.

That's what I watched 50 eps for? Fucking kill me.

Sweetie, are you seriously using spoiler for a show from 2006?

Yeah, the dubbed version sucks though.

Holy shit lol what is wrong with this show

Jaden beats the stuffing out this old man nigger and the three fucking sacred beasts who have been hyped all season, and now his little friends are saying "ooooh promotion exams next week jaden! tests aren't your strong suit! better get studying!" and he's all freaking out like as if he hasn't personally smashed each of their asses over and over all through the season. ok.

There's some guy who's been watching the show for the first time and likes it so I was trying to be considerate of him.

Jaden/Judai fucks, that's all you need to know.