Whats an obtainable dream car to you? I can find these for about 2-3 grand in good condition now

Whats an obtainable dream car to you? I can find these for about 2-3 grand in good condition now.

Other urls found in this thread:

bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-chevrolet-camaro-2/
portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/1994-subaru-svx-low-miles/6266178228.html
youtu.be/RI-lukE09gs
youtu.be/0NBOjGyGmz4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>fourth generation
>not turd gen
Lmfao

Surprisingly hard to find in good shape in my area, but elsewhere there seems to be plenty.

Dunno why this is my "attainable" dream car, probably because I've owned 2 of them and fell in love with the simplicity

what would make you want a turd gen over a 4th?

I already own mine.
Now I plan to garage it, while leasing something even faster that I won't feel guilty for beating on.

A VW Iltis. They're so much fun. And they only go for about $12,000, and that's showroom. And parts can be found locally.

Now that's a trail truck

Biggest mistake the CAF ever made...cost like $55k when they were new...gutless little shit rattleboxes...I fuckin hated them with a passion...

I'm a simple man
Planning to get it soon

enjoy having it stolen

I do fancy one to go with my 181.

Despite living in slav country, car stealing is rare

soon (hopefully)

This has been my dream car since I'm 11.

>Not wanting the superior F-body
I still miss her :(

My dream car is still a CTS-V, should be able to pick one up that's a few years old when I finish college.

The poorfag Porsche, because I'm a poorfag and like Porsches.

It's more about having the money at the same time as one being available in my area, less so getting the money.

My "dream car" is a 3rd gen Prelude with an H22 swapped in, probably boosted a bit as well. Unfortunately any that I've found that have already been swapped are ragged to hell and back, and I don't see any time in the near future where I will have the free time to invest in a project like that myself.

>2-3 grand in good condition

i dont think you dont know what good condition is

bringatrailer.com/listing/1994-chevrolet-camaro-2/

What happen to it?

R170 Mercedes-Benz SLK200
Only 2k where I live, pretty reliable and also I’m a fag that doesn’t give a shit about whether it’s from DaimlerChrysler or not

Then why didn’t you go for a 924 or a 944? That would be some poorfag shit

924s and 944s are projects, 986s are slightly more expensive to buy initially but tend to need less work.

There are a few at 3-5k yuros in my area but parts would be a bitch to find

The E46 platform. Simple enough to fix yourself, fast enough to be fun. And there is a ton of resources online to help you run it well.

Too bad they didn't make the sedan in M3.

3K civic
Toyobaru

T. Millenial

>2-3 grand
Only if you want to be a V6 cuckold
LS1's start at 4k

because retarded and/or cletus

Or maybe they don't want to drive a fucking fish

Have fun with your 305.
I'll be over here with my god-tier LS.

>ls
>god-tier
Christ you're delusional. Enjoy pulling your engine just to change your spark plugs

>implying the LS isn't The Actual Greatest Engine Ever Made™

>implying it is
Sorry bud, but a fuel injected engine cannot hold that title. Besides, the Pontiac 455 already holds that title

You know you can just convert an LS to carb with minimal effort if that's what you're into, right? That's the beauty of the LS platform, everything has been done with them so you have near infinite build options at pretty much any budget.

I liked them. Now the G-Wagen-THAT's a shit purchase. At least the Iltis is crazy good off road. Only time I ever saw one get stuck was when the RSM high-centered one perfectly on a rock.
>TAC-V time is NOW

Mk1 MR2 for me. The last THREE got sold out from underneath me though, you people need to fucking stop and let someone else enjoy an 80s wedge ffs

You all set a low bar for "obtainable". Do you plan on being poorfags for the rest of your lives?

I see "obtainable" as "might be able to get my hands on one in the next couple of years". Since I'm a poorfag right now I don't expect that to change too drastically within that time.

Can't wait till they become affordable

Constantly switching between and '99 Impreza STI, an '99 SC400 and an '97 C36 AMG. All obtainable for ~10k€. We'll see what it's gonna be by next summer.

>since I'm 11
MODS

You can get caymans for pretty cheap now

Are they cheap by now? I always wanted to turbocharge a first-gen cayman to shit on 911 owners on the autobahn.

They're like what, 20 grand now?
I know first gen Boxsters can be had for 7k in decent shape.

I can only dream of a manual conversion in an XJS, factory 3 speed auto unfortunately

Pantera

Maybe with a couple tarbos

You can get them in the 10k-15k range

One of these boosted to fuck and back

That's my next purchase.

K-swapped CRX.

1991 Chevrolet Suburban with a nice big 454/502/572ci.

Thinking of importing one into the UK since it's old enough to go on classic car insurance and I've always loved the 1973-1991 body style.

Ditch the convertible top and you might be on to something.

Tbh most people who buy fourth gens tend to build them up and aren't to worried about mileage on the engine and trans.

If a fourth gen has a decent paint job, no major mechanical or electrical problems, and a halfway decent dash, I'd say it qualifies as "good".

Anything in the $5~7k range tends to be built up, t top, or basically garage kept by a boomer.

Lt1s go for 2-3k in decent shape.

Gallardo/Cayman R.

Gallardos are getting cheap, think I can pick one up after school with a year or two of saving.

You can already get a nice cayman for ~30k.

>daily reminder the third gen was the only gen undeniably worse then the Mustang of the same time.

this nice Subaru SVX thats been on Craigslist for a while.

portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/1994-subaru-svx-low-miles/6266178228.html

its half the price of my current car, is in great condition with low miles and has been well taken care of. only problem is that id be paranoid of dailying a 23+ year old luxury car and it desperately needs a manual swap like all SVX's.

i know a lot of people that dd cars way older than that

Underageb&

How is the interior in a Cayman? If it's nice then this would definitely fall into ideal obtainable dream car territory for me.

What are you even talking about? The foxbody had literally ZERO looks and was slower than the 350tpi

Pretty good, identical to the 997 from halfway down and otherwise a decent top dash cover. This was the gen where Porsche got their shit back together in terms of interiors, especially coming from the literal GM-tier 996/986.

As long as you don't trick yourself into thinking it's really half the price of your current car, you can do it if that's what you really want. Follow your heart man.

Damn, they really do have some with less than 30k miles for less than 30k dollars. That's damn good value. How the hell do people buy a new camaro with a couple options or something when they could get a Porsche?

It'll always have to live down the stigma of "couldn't afford a 911", and the people buying a Camaro over something like a used Cayman tend to think Caymans are fag cars.
Or they just want a new car because hurr old cars will bankrupt you in the long run and will break the second you get home.

I don't mind, stuff like that leaves people like us with better value.

How about setting your sights on the F90 M5 instead?

A newfag to Veeky Forums here, what is this site called?

I don't plan on neing a poorfag unless student loans get me. Right now pic related is my ontainable dream since it's under $5k.

Im saying within a few years. Its not my "actual" dream car.

But that's a woman's car

The turd gen runs circles around a foxbody on a track with turns.

A non poor specd f90 is like 130k€...

good luck with that user, I've been looking for an 82 fox for a while now and they're near impossible to find. The few that I have found in the past are either above 5k cause it's owned by a boomer or have built motors that are beat to shit by by cleetus at the 1/4 mile

I like big, slow things.

SeeAnd

Muh Nigga

>with turns
I don't give a shit about straight line performance, and with two cars that close, the winner is going to be the better driver, not the better car.

youtu.be/RI-lukE09gs
youtu.be/0NBOjGyGmz4

Nvm my eyes are fucked and I thought the track scores were there. My bad.

Turd gens only have a marginally better suspension than the foxbody.

parts are not hard to find now because of the internet. Ive daily driven some strange cars and always been able to get parts. merkur XR4TI, old volvos, mazda 323, EF civic, 3 fieros, celica GTS, i could easily find parts online.

1uz/manual swapped is300.

Pic not mine but same color. New phone who dis.

Plan is to start working on it and buying parts for it soon, but gotta do some suspension stuff first. Also need to figure out if I'm going to buy a second daily while the swap is happening or a busted is300 to mock things up in since they aren't that expensive for a meh example nowadays.

2jz's sound cool, but imo the sound is ruined by the turbos. Plus there's just something about a high revving NA v8 that gets me tingling. I think the v8 swap would be a better daily than a gte anyway.

Also plan on hand porting it and learning to tig weld to make headers and an exhaust while I wait for funds to roll in.

Megane rs

i doubt they will stay in the low 100s by the time i can afford one. but i man can dream.
the last great ferrari before they got fat

They aren't in the low 100s, just because you see them asking that on ebay or hemmings doesn't mean that's what they are being sold for. The market peaked last year anyway, they will fall back a bit. You'll be able to buy an F1 targa or spyder for $50k with 20k miles easily for the forseeable future. A pristine red manual hardtop maybe not, but who wants that anyway. The purchase price is the least of your worries though.

With a few simple mods of course

I've got a couple I plan to buy in the next couple years

E30 3 series
E28 diesel
Lada niva or really a lada of any type, pretty uncommon in the states
Mercedes 300d
60s mustang

I'm sitting here now imagining a bunch of nicely restored classics in my garage when in reality I'm probably going to end up with a bunch of rusty BMWs with a mint mustang and lada hidden in among them

All the hardtop manuals go for 25k or more. All the cheap ones are convertable or automatic

I live in Aussieland btw

>not the superior 510

>Mint MX-5 (Between 89-95, though I want as close to 89 as possible)
>Mint RX-7 FD3S 20B REV

Former would be built for even more handling and cornering with slight power increase. A daily.

The RX-7 however would be a 3-rotor 20B monster with a peripheral port; screamer pipe; 3 or 4 inch exhaust (high flow cats, otherwise straight through for the most part); twin turbos.

Weekend warrior/track car.

My dreams are attainable thankfully. Right now own a Honda Accord 1993 at 244k miles and it's kind of beat up but I'm reigning it back together. But I will hopefully soon replace it for an MX-5.

All the good cars are going to be boomerfied by then.

AMG Galant if I could actually find one for sale.
190e 5 speed manual
VR-4 galant
Legacy GT-B

Probably I will have to go to Germany to bring it here, cause magically when they cross the border they are two times more expensive.

510's are awesome, and it's certainly in my dream garage, but 120's have a sentimental place in my heart. My Father used to own one, that his father bought for him as his first car, but my dad had to get rid of it because it got into an accident and was a write off. It's also the car I learnt to drive in, so theres also that.

I think this is a beautiful car. I'd buy this one or a Peugeot 406 coupe.

You always need a yellow Peugeot 406 in your garage.

I can't believe how badly Ford fucked this up
All they had to do was put AWD on it and it would have sold like mad

Just get one with the original b20a and drive it like that and then in the meantime get all the stuff you need to do an H2b swap

>not having longtubes
ok faggot