Looking to buy a fun car under 25k that is also a fun DD...

Looking to buy a fun car under 25k that is also a fun DD. Right now I am trying to decide between the GTI Sport (23k) and the V6 Challenger (24k).

Which one would you go for, Veeky Forums? Redpill me on these mofuckers.

(I also am considering a Canyon or Tacoma)

Other urls found in this thread:

bobtomesford.com/new/Ford/2017-Ford-Mustang-c395189a0a0e0ae8294096d175c08e31.htm
nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nürburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times
pattersontylervw.com/used-Tyler-2016-Volkswagen-Golf GTI-SE wPerformance Pkg-3VW547AU6GM060079
cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=forSaleTab_false_0&formSourceTag=112&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c24441&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c26141&zip=78717&distance=200&searchChanged=true&transmission=M&ratings=1&ratings=2&ratings=5&sellerTypes=Dealer&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>V6

WEEEEEWWWWW

>V6 Challenger
Haha! KEK!! Cant afford the V8 can ya?

I could but the MPG doesn't really appeal to me. 300 horses is more than enough for me.

V8 or don't bother with the challenger

What's the difference in mpg's?

if you're gonna get a v6 get the mustang/camaro you jackass

For 27k you can get a V8. And the MPG difference is like 3-5.

Why only those two? Are you not considering something used? Your money would go a fuckload farther tbeeh

I did some digging and found this at 25k.

Is it just me or is that kinda low?

bobtomesford.com/new/Ford/2017-Ford-Mustang-c395189a0a0e0ae8294096d175c08e31.htm

probably half of those discounts you won't qualify for.

The price listed doesn't include the discounts listed there except the Ford cash one for 2500

>Why only those two? Are you not considering something used? Your money would go a fuckload farther tbeeh
Like with what?

>For 27k you can get a V8. And the MPG difference is like 3-5.
Can't find a v8 in my area under 30k

As someone who has driven both a v6, SRT, and Hellcat, I would highly recommend the scat pack if you're on a budget. V6 Challenger is really really slow. The 300hp seems more like 200hp because of how heavy the Challenger is. I think a used scat pack would only cost you like 3k more.

This man speaks sense.

11-14 Mustang GT
C5 Z06 or a nice C6
Twin/single turbo BMW
Boxster S
... wait, you never thought at all about a used car? Like at all?

Damn that is one shiny Challenger. Did you just put on some type of sealant? It looks too good for a simple wax job.

They're making room for 2018 and it's manual so they have a hard time selling it. It would be worth looking into

I'm a big dude and I'm wondering if the GT runs about the same size cabin. Looks like a smaller car, though.

How big do you have to be if you're worrying about a Mustang having enough room?

If size is an issue, the Challenger has much more headroom and space. Not that anything is really wrong with a Mustang.

how the hell does that mustang have a start/stop button being a manual

i thought it didn't work w./ manuals

>No leather
>no myFordTouch
>no stupid gimmicks
>LSD
>6 speed manual w/ a backup camera

Honestly, that's a damn good package

The fucking S2000 had a start stop button back in '99 you fucking dingus

If you want fun, try smaller, lighter cars. Power is fun, but cars like the challenger are laughably bad at turning. Not fun at all in my opinion

Anyone who buys a new car under 60k is 100% confirmed cuck. Have fun burning your money faggot.
hint: there's this thing called used cars, you should check it out

>challenger are laughably bad at turning
With the only exception being the Hellcat.

You sounds very insecure about your financial status.

I know this is bait but...

>there's this thing called used cars
Even looking through the used GT market in my area the majority of decent listings are often more expensive than the brand new GT I posted earlier in this thread.

Probably because they're optioned out, or have some dumb shit done to them or some kind of "limited edition" that Mustangfags sperg over
The one you posted is what I'd get, except I'd get leather

That GT is a really good fucking deal. It is even perfectly optioned for an Veeky Forumstist () I mean I even prefer cloth. Keep that car in mind op, I bet you won't be able to find a better deal new.

I'm broke as fuck my nigga, I'm not insecure about that.

i guess I was thinking of remote start

Don't get a fucking v6 challenger. I had a rental and it wasn't slow but it's not very exciting exciting. The GTI will barely be slower and much more fun/ not retarded

If you don't care about manuél, the G8 GTs are going for even less than that. Not bad for a 355hp veeate with IRS.

GTI is def faster than a v6 challenger, even in a straight line.

My stock 2017 dsg can do 0-60 in under 6 seconds easy. Mechanical lsd is god tier on the back roads.

Also a lot easier to tune/mod. APR stage 1 is almost 400 ft/lbs and flat 5 second 0-60.

The car seems very small, but I'll see if I can test drive one.

What sucks is that I hate the Sport trim wheels. I don't want to go up to the SE to get the stock wheels back. Would a dealer be down to replace the wheels on the Sport from the base/SE? And could I get them to shave some money off?

heh

Also, is there merit to maybe waiting for the refresh coming in the fall?

That's why I got the SE. It's worthwhile enough to justify the price increase.

That said, I doubt they will swap the tires out with another car but I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Even if you did the sport, you might be able to find someone selling the stock GTI wheels you want in Craigslist.

Challengers are extremely heavy. At that price range, go for a hot hatch, you will have more fun.

>That's why I got the SE
SE is leather and heavier because of the sun roof, yeah?

I think that on its own might push me towards the Sport.

No more sport model for 2018. Only S, SE and Autobahn .

SE Looses fender Audio and sunroof becomes an option on it.

For 2017 these things were standard on the SE. So.... it's Jewish that fender audio only comes on the autobahn for 2018.

The only thing you'll really get with the 2018 is LED headlights/tail lights and 8 inch media center screen (over the 6.5,now)

The one other thing is that the base S model will get the 220 HP engine tune. Not the performance pack but the engine will be rated the same as the PP engine.

If you can get a great deal on a 2017 SE, that would be the sweet spot.

Yes it's got real leather, I don't care for plaid seats. I'm just not a die hard plaid fan but I understand if you are.

I don't think it adds much appreciable weight, certainly not enough to affect any performance.

The pano sunroof is really nice though, especially on the back roads.

Base runs 20k in my area, 24 for the Sport, and 26 for the SE

Will the base GTI for next year come with the LSD that the Sport and SE comes with? Or is that SE+ only?

2018 S does not come with performance package, but it does get that bump from 210 to 220 HP that all PP cars have.

its my understanding that you can get a 2018 SE with plaid seats and no sunroof if optioned as such. As I read on the forums, VW is bringing back options big time.

I also read that they GTI will have shorter gearing meaning less top end and more lower end acceleration.

With the software limiter removed I believe the DSG GTI is good for 153 mph stock and the manual 155.

Not sure how that will change in 2018 but honestly I don't need to go 150+ I'd rather get to 60 faster.

That did make me a bit jelly. Lol

S2000

I think it's gonna be the Sport man. I don't like leather, and I'm sure I can get some wheels if I really want them.

I need dat LSD.

You planning on tuning your car with those ECU flashes out there?

It doesn't matter what the trim level is, it still can't turn.

>can't turn
The Challenger Hellcat has a faster track time than a Alfa Romeo 4C on the Nürburgring. For a car that you claim "can't turn", it sure does seem like it to me. Now granted the Hellcat is by no means a track car, but this stupid meme about American sports cars not being able to turn is really stale.

no one implied american sports cars cant turn loser
the 1le can turn, 350r can turn
dont be a shill the only reason a hellcat is fast on the nurburg is because the nurburg is dominated by straights
the 4c destroys the hellcat at braking and turning speed but it destroys it on the straights because youre comparing 240 hp car to 700 hp car

>all this damage control
A 4,448 lbs land barge beats a 4C, a car LITERALLY made for the track, you cannot make this shit up.

find me were the hellcat even posted a lap time?
trick is you cant because it didnt

nurburgringlaptimes.com/lap-times-top-100/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nürburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times

It's nothing but bait.
There was a rumor going around that Dodge did a 7:51 on the burgerking.
But these rumors have never ever been confirmed.

>300 horses is more than enough for me
that might be true, but it's a 4000+ lb car so it needs the v8. if you care about mpgs just buy a prius, faggot.

Fiesta St.
Used Mustang 5.0
GTI

VW all day every day

You push in the clutch and press start

Why wouldn't it? All you have to do is press the brake and the clutch while pressing the start button instead of just the brake like an automatic. It's good habit to be on the clutch and brake while starting a car with a conventional ignition cylinder anyway.

Were you thinking of remote start?

>V6 Challenger

Cant you find a decent used SRT8 Challenger in the early Challenger body style for those prices? like fuck its the torque that moves these fat pigs sure your v6 makes 300hp but your windin the fuck out of it at like 7000rpm meanwhile in the srt8 peak torque hits at like 4 grand and away you fuckin go. N/A v6 "muscle" cars arent that great
>no replacement for displacement

OP here.

Looking through CarGurus I found this GTI:

pattersontylervw.com/used-Tyler-2016-Volkswagen-Golf GTI-SE wPerformance Pkg-3VW547AU6GM060079

I am not sure if the price they have on there is incorrect, or if there is something wrong with the car. Can anyone run the VIN?

do you only want to buy new?

Also looking at used options, like the car I mentioned just before your post

Hey, I'm the GTI bro from earlier with The 2017 se.

That price seems right for a used 2016. Great deal too. Although I'm sure you'll need to go through their financing to get that price.

Ashamed to say I paid 30k for my 2017 but that did include go insurance and some negative equity.

There probably a hidden doc fee of like $699 on top that plus taxes.

Gap insurance.

Fuck I hate typing on my iPad.

Yeah, it's pretty odd the price dropped like 12k in a couple days ago. There was some flooding in Texas recently, I wonder if that had anything to do w/ it.

Regardless I'll call them up tomorrow. Def one of the better prices on an SE in my area. There's also a 15 autobahn but it sadly is automatic... and white.

cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=forSaleTab_false_0&formSourceTag=112&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c24441&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c26141&zip=78717&distance=200&searchChanged=true&transmission=M&ratings=1&ratings=2&ratings=5&sellerTypes=Dealer&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true

This is somewhat true.

Most V6 Models come with tall gears. Like 2.73 or 2.65. In the name of "economy"

I had a 2013 mustang with 2.73 gears and the V6. Acceleration was.: pretty horrible stock. 7+ second 0-60 in some cases. 6.8 if you were really really lucky.

I have no doubt it would have done 160+ mph though I'd given room.

Got a 93 sct tune, CAI and 3.73 gears and it did 5.7 seconds 0-60. The car was MUCH improved. IMHO Short gearing should be standard on all V6 but it would eat into V8 sales too much,

Dropped 12k?

Huh? No way they were selling that used 2016 for 32k.

20k is a normal price for a used 2016 with those miles and manual. DSG holds value better though , especially since it's faster and generally known to be a decent counterpart to the manual.

I can hoenetly say that if you get the DSG you won't regret it, you can shift into any gear you want just like a manual. It also holds poeernmucj better, if you tune the car you won't need to replace the clutch like you will in the manual.

Amerifat big

300+ lbs realistically.

Have you driven it?

Trust me when I say it's not. Certainly with Dodges god awful auto trans.

Also has awful torque.

Take it from someone who drives a V6 charger every day. Same platform, same weight, slow as FUCK. Might not be as bad as a civic or something, but it is not fast.