/rlg/ - Roguelike General

DCSS 0.20 Tournament starts at 2000h UTC!
That's ~11 Hours from this post!
It continues until 2000h UTC June 11.

>Tournament Homepage
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/

>/rlg/ Teams
Makhbats Outta Hell:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/nikheizen.html
Serial Splatters:
dobrazupa.org/tournament/0.20/clans/thaddeus.html

>FAQ and What to Play:
FAQ: pastebin.com/Q7K91Q34
What to Play?: pastebin.com/yfUKx35f

>Individual Game Pastas
pastebin.com/V7MzidCu

>/rlg/'s shared DCSS online account
User: rlgrobin
Password: ownfault (or "robin" on Xtahua)

Previous thread: Do your best today, /rlg/!

First for SLEX 2.0.0.

>Tittycrusher and COBRA.png

third for furyband

>playing the local e-peen measuring in remove bloat bore soup

>in slex 2.0.0 you can now play as a loli prostitute
how long until it adds herbed herbs and super regene

How do you guys feel about party plant? Is it the most effective way to hold tab and win the game?

It's 0331h the night before the tournament and I can't sleep and the bird are chirping outside.

Go back to sleep you dumb cunts.

early bird gets the worm

>most effective
not the most effective, but it's a very good O-tabber

Well i just noticed that underhound.eu doesnt have 0.20 yet and i play there.. I checked cao and cdo, they both have it.. What do i do, i play on lantea/underhound usually..

Also this is regarding the tournament.. What do i do now?

Register for a server that you can play the tourney on?
Or don't?
No one cares. kys

Okay well. Shortly after my main computer died yesterday, I picked up my ancient backup pc, and all was well. Today I opened up the tower to give the fans a much needed cleanup since they were screaming like wild hogs took the power out, took the fans out, gave them a nice old brush, plugged everything pack in and now my computer just isn't working anymore.
Well actually, no. The fans are spinning great. But the computer won't even beep without ram and the lights won't turn on.

What did I fuck up? Did I need to put some antistatic gloves or something?

Anyway no roguelikes for me until forever I guess because I have no money and this thing is 10 years old and the backup was already a fixed up slightly younger piece of shit laptop that worked for six months before breaking up again
You guys have fun with your tourney and whatnot. Keep up the good tradition of stealthy posting ponies with complex file names.

Will someone do a tournament MuMo?

But i like lantea

Just copy your .rc file across servers and play on whichever one you want.

You can play on multiple servers at a time. The only difference is that streaks across servers don't count.

we can only hope

just go to a library like a homeless man and play on SSH

The most true of blows against the devil's team.

I had the short thought of making a single-player team - name it 'Foo's team' or 'OneManBand', create six accounts and get a 3rune/15rune on each account, twelve wins total. I bet you'll place top 5 on the team highscores.

Either ask for help like a proper human being or google that shit yourself.
This passive aggressive oh woe is me bullshit is obnoxious as fuck.

Your power supply is too weak, you connected something wrong or something wasnt working from before, doesnt matter if you did it barehanded or not

Did you make the appropriate sacrifices beforehand?

xtahua is the second eu server

You definitely fucked something up, get a more competent friend to help you or in lack of re-do literally everything you did but half as fast, looking over every single move and connection you make because you definitely fucked something up.

Also, formulate yourself a bit better if you want people not to think you're kind of a dick. Much love.

did you dislodge the bios battery
did you forget to plug the power cables into your motherboard

Reminder to take it easy.

What if I don't want to?

How hard do you think the Avarice III banner will be in the tourny?

Should be easy with any beefy diesel combo, right? I've tried something similiar(Only dungeon, depths and pan) but never tried going into the hells underleveled.

Yuo will be of STRESS

its pretty doable if you get randarts and some holy brand from shops imo

never tried it though but its certainly doable with some combo like Gr^Fi or Mi^Fi

The biggest problem last time was low MR, any hexer in depths tends to rape you, so I guess any Gr or Mi^Trog should have an easy time with Trog's hand giving MR++

I am warming up with Qazlal and Xom characters to get me ready to deal with AWFUL situations.

How are you warming up?

splatting 10 billion octopodes

Join TSO
grind abyss

but xom helps you more often than not
and qaz is ez mode

Yes, they're both pretty good gods, but they do put you into high pressure situations. Qaz can lure an entire floor to you in a potentially unfavorable fight, giving you some practice taking fights properly. Xom can switch things around and buff enemies to keep you on your toes with unusual situations.

It's good warmup.

It looks like 2 people didn't setup for serial splatters. armaa and Urami let us know if you need help, otherwise we have 2 slots if someone is homeless.

Doesnt seem that hard, just tedious

I just paste '# TEAMCAPTAIN Thaddeus' at the top of rc file for 0.20, right? Like so

O wait, with or without #?

That's correct. Name?

Just added it like so to the rc file on xathua, im armaa

As another FYI, teams aren't locked until June 2, so there's time.

oh hey I found a working chinese laptop with windows xp installed
guess I'm not dead

So how about them roguelikes what's the thing

LIKE A SPEED DEMON

real time achievements are so retarded

t. shitter

If anything they should give points to that too,why wouldn't you want to reward actual skill?

elliptics bot wins in 10minutes, guess he is really skilled

So much muscle memory, luck and per-memorized build orders. This isn't fucking Starcraft - it's forcing shit in that should never have been there in the first place.

Bots don't get counted in real-time speedrun high-scores, at least in the tourney anyway.

He is a bot you cunt

>need flight for shoals
>done everything down to vaults:4 and elf:2
>still no sources
It's like the game WANTS to be a pain in the ass

>need

is there any way to make shift-tab work in webtiles?

>>need flight for shoals
stop being bad

if you've seriously done everything up to v:4 and elf:2, shoals should be a breeze. vaults' monsters aren't much more dangerous than shoals' monsters.

upvoted

Shoals is less tedious when you have flight so I do everything in my power to get it

That said I'm massively overleveled at this point and can probably just dive and snatch the rune. I'm just annoyed that I didn't find a common ring

Why are player merfolk blue when shoals merfolk are delicious brown

Deep Merfolk vs High Merfolk, duh

just pulled a 15 runer with a Barachi.damn these guys are strong

also I like the new mutation system and the new Tomb is full of adrenaline

I dont like scarves though.Cloaks are way better imo.Also endgame wands need to come back

Things I still want to see:

>what team Yermak joins
>what good/serious team that the Koreans (or CWZ players) bring out

Scarfs are pretty good honestly, strong egos, especially temperature for certain species and repel missles or deflect or which ever it is

Also, why is my name still not showing up on the tournament site clans?

yermak is overrated

go to bed, spicerack

not him, but the script checks for that every 4 hours.

yermak stopped playing crawl

Npc banishing other npc's never gets old

he is the best active player tbqh. The only other one that's near him in quality is 4tharraofdagon and that guy is only gonna play casually this tournament.

4tharra is a certified bad player

4tharra is one of the only people with a 19k turncount 15-rune win. His win rate is low, but obviously that is to be expected since speedrunning involves considerable deaths before getting a servicable character.

>kill chars until rng is right
>in any conceivable way on the same quality as people like yermak that streak 20games

FUCK YOU BITCH

>quickblade pierce

Streaking is literally the easiest, and most boring, thing to do in crawl.

I don't blame him for not wanting to go through that torture.

Its the best weapon i have and oka gave it to me, its serving me nicely now

spoken like a true shitter

>Working with garbo rng is easier than slamming your head against a wall until you get ridiculous rng
ebin

ridiculous rng alone wont get you a 19k turn win

Demise is the best player

>badplayers arguing about people significantly better than themselves

So, what you're saying is you don't play games to have fun,which is what crawl is, and go through autistic shit over and over just to acquire some meaningless statistic?

Even zzxc doesn't have the will to continue his 33-streak.

well I am not exactly familiar with them yet

my first impressin is that they are good for the early dungeon but their value drop dramtically after mid game maybe

i have the biggest turncount penis of all penises anywhere

Even after mid game they can be useful, as i said the repel missles one is really really valuable if you dont have RMsl of some sort or reflection amulet/shield, hell even temperature one is nice if your slots are limited or if youre a small race

But low turn count is just as meaningless
And it's even more autistic because 4tharra losses 1000 games for every sub 23k win

Temperature is good because it trades 3ac for rf+ rc+, rest is trash and situational

sasuga /rlg/
It's kinda fun desu, it's about the same people constantly moaning about how only the most absurd trash combos that make you splat one billion times against D1 jackals is what should be considered viable in game, how winning this and that with this and that god is too easy, how streaking is too braindead
Yet in the end they never post player accounts :^)

What would player accounts solve? streaking is literally the worst way to play

How many hours until it starts?

4 more hours i think, more or less

3h42 mins from now

O shit this is a short blade, what, i always thought its a long blade
Should i be using this over my +5 quick blade with +7 int on it?

Lol that faggots last character is probably 1 turn from death

Sour grapes

Arc blade is hella fun

Quickblade of pierce probably isn't too impressive against anything with moderate-to-high AC, so probably. The bonus is that the arc blade is stupidly fun

This was one of better elven halls i had in a long while, like 3 or 4 artifact rings, some weapons, necronomicon and stuff.. Real nice looking so far