Thoughts on LED headlights?

Thoughts on LED headlights?

I've been looking at these. carid.com/2005-mazda-3-led-lights/lumen-led-headlight-conversion-kit-175094871.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3VimU8NdX8w
s.aliexpress.com/yQJnANnM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

So long as the beam pattern does not deviate and fucking BLIND EVERYONE. Find someone on some forum somewhere that has used them and taken comparison shots.

Also, don't get 6500k. It's too blue, blinds you and scenery actually reflects less overall perceived light.

Just use bulbs.

People that use HID's or LED's are cancer, its so easy to see where you going until some cunt with blind-o-matic headlights comes along.

these are HIDs but LEDs will probably be the same
youtube.com/watch?v=3VimU8NdX8w

I'll probably stick with bulbs.

Absolutely disgusting.
Fucking morons blinding everyone with a halogen reflector, but oh wait, HURRR THE MORE K, THE MORE BETTER.

I hope he gets cancer before me.

Just stick with bulbs man, keep it between 4800/6000k. You'll want it as white as possible, not blue.

This
My brother put some retarded ass led lights and didn't block them or anything
I could distinguish his car by the headlights alone in the night and when I drove it for like 15mins atleast 5 people put their highs on to blind me thinking I was on high beams

This.

I use these ones on my 8th gen accord coupe and they're literally perfect.

s.aliexpress.com/yQJnANnM

I only replaced my low beams with them, because on the Accord coupe of my gen only the lowbeams have projection lenses. There's a strict cutoff with projection housings to stop your light from hitting drivers in the eyes. If you use them in reflector housings you will piss everyone off and get pulled over and some point.

Factory projection lenses aren't made for LEDs you blabbering idiot.

Well they're pretty inoffensive in my oem projection housings compared to any stock hid I've seen, and way less offensive than people using 100w halogens in reflector housings. Nobody blinks highbeams at me ever, and the throw is lower than HID so nobody oncoming is going to give a fuck

4000-4500k is the way to go

Depending on your lights they may not work very well. Your reflectors in both standard and projector style lights are made for the light output style that a normal bulb produces. considering that LED bulbs like the ones in OP have just one light output facing a certain way, you most likely won't get the same output as before.

Also LED bulbs need really good heatsinks, they get fucking hot. If the back of your lights are sealed once the bulb is installed you will more than likely burn the light, melt palstic, explode the light from using LED bulbs

Niggers, absolutely niggers. Everybody with LED lights always has them set to a blinding brightness.

Halogen bulbs also get pretty incredibly hot.

Just sayin

Just get these. I've heard good things about Osram Night Breakers but I've never tried them.

Factory projection lenses are designed to work with a point source of light (or a short linear one) that is blocked in the front. As long as the bulb is designed properly to duplicate an incandescent distribution pattern, it really doesn't matter what technology the emitter uses.

Inside the housing in a contained manner. LEDs require an external heatsink you dipstick.

>As long as the bulb is designed properly to duplicate an incandescent distribution pattern
Which LED replacement globes never are.

Illegal and kill yourself if you buy them fucking asshole. Every time I pass you going the other way I'm going to leave my insanely intense high beams on until you're out of the beam.

I replaced my drls with led bulbs but only because they look good

not only will you blind everybody but they don't project as far as halogen bulbs do so there's really no upside, although led high beams probably wouldn't be a bad idea because they're still bright as fuck

holy autism

Most of them fuck with the beam pattern as they dont shine omnidirectionally like traditional bulbs

You can find a HID conversion set for just as much.

If the aiming isn't fucked with when HID's are installed they won't blind anyone, LEDs fuck with the beam pattern.

>If the aiming isn't fucked with when HID's are installed they won't blind anyone
Complete nonsense. So long as there isn't a physical cut-off shade, an HID globe will not emit light the same way a halogen bulb does. It is for this reason all the reputable lighting brands only offer bulb replacement for HID specific patterns (like D1, D2, D4 etc).
I have seen HID conversions into factory projectors otherwise designed for halogen that aren't overly glarey if aimed as correctly as can be, but still not ideal. HID specific projectors are a different shape to halogen projectors.
If you're talking about reflector housings on the other hand, go die in a hole.

i mean he isnt wrong