Hey Veeky Forums! Didn't find a QTDDTOT, so I'll make a new thread

Hey Veeky Forums! Didn't find a QTDDTOT, so I'll make a new thread
Just got my first car today, was wondering what improvements I could make to make it drive better?
It's an old mk2 Fiat Uno, cost me 500€ and seems in pretty good shape, only 62 000 km.

Don't do anything until you actually get some driving experience, remember to keep to the speed limits too

I've been driving my dad's car for a couple years before so I've got experience, but this is the first car that I can call mine so I'd like to spend some money on it to make it drive as best as possible

yeah but first you gotta learn how it drives to determine what areas to improve. follow Veeky Forums's "advice" and you're liable to ruin the car for yourself.

The lights look aftermarket and shit.

Fix it.

Don't do anything to it. You have a 1.0 fire with a carburetor, also a very early mk2 (november 1989). Looks nice too. In a couple of years you'll be able to make it historic.
Non la terronizzare sta povera macchina, non se lo merita.

install few simple mods

OP listen to non fare il terrone e rovinare la tua prima auto.
Che poi cosa vuoi guidare veloce una shitbox del genere che alla prima curva che prendi fai un 720 con te dentro.

There's one on page 6, homo.
>

I'll ask my question here too, though.
Is there any reason I shouldn't buy a Civic Si for a DD?

You should buy what you like. If it's economy you're after that's might not be the best choice.

It would still be more fuel efficient than my V6 Altima.

Mostly I want it because I test drove one today and it fit me like a glove. It was excellent.

why 30 year old shitboxes make my dick so hard

What do people mean when they say "tuning"?

What exactly goes on when you tune a car?

Like in the sentence "fine tuning an instrument": bringing the car to it's peak.
Tuning however is very specific to racing and very often is carried by certain people just because, without any end goal.

Can you DD historic cars in Italy? Because here with historic cars you can only legally drive 30 days in a year.

not buying a a punto with an airbag that was your first mistake

Yes you can. It was a problem some time ago because you stop to pay taxes on them and since italians don't swap their cars very often, they started to see more and more shixboxes marked as historic. Hence why from 20 we went to 30 years.

Just installed some splits + an amp in my car and the 'highs' are piercingly loud and makes turning it up above low volume unpleasant.

should i be turning on the HPF or LPF or something? HU is pioneer

Fatter and better tyres
Better brakes
New shocks (ffs don't do coilovers)
Driver mods

Non volevo terronizzarla però volevo magari cambiare freni o sospensioni per farla guidare meglio, vorrei tenerla per un bel po' perché è la prima auto e mi ci sono affezionato

You're talking like what piece of car OP has lol
The fiat uno was designed to be a shitbox already 30 years ago, now is just more shittier, why pretend?

That car is straight up dangerous for delusional wannabe racing driver: it's a mere 800kg tin can with a ridiculously high center of gravity.

I'm not looking to make it fast, I wanted to change some parts that may have been damaged over the years or parts to make it drive better like brakes or suspensions.

You should try to make it look less....shitty and ricey

C'è un senso di orgoglio e soddisfazione superiore a mantenere la propria auto in perfetta forma, soprattutto se diy
E' un auto di un'altra epoca, dove erano costruite con l'assoluto minimo di materiali e comfort, quindi non so quanto puoi migliorare.
Puoi comunque provare a comprare pezzi OEM o comunque più vicini alla specifica originale possibile, dovrebbero costare poco e forse fare una differenza maggiore di mod se consideri l'età della macchina e gli oramai consumati e lacerati pezzi delle sospensioni che la tengono insieme.

Ausfag here i dont want to hijack this board but im looking for advice on the first car i want to purchase, the Mitsubishi Fto, it apeals to me because of its look and how cheap it is over here (2-9 thousand).

But i was told not to bother because they are shitty imports and require work, thoughts?

Just a little south from you there the common knowledge to first buy a shitbox to build driving experience on, since you'll scrape or dent or do damage to it, you can't avoid it. After couple of years go for it.