How much does an average second hand shitbox car cost per month in the US ?

How much does an average second hand shitbox car cost per month in the US ?

Here in Europe the cheapest I could get it to was 150$ with not a lot of driving

I pay 50 a month for my miata, and even that's a lot. Doesn't include collision on my part tho

Just insurance, or are you including monthly taxes/fees, fuel costs and maintenance?

I never paid attention because I have an abundance of money and live well below my means as a consequence of having no social life and no interest in things that cost money that do not go VROOM

t. autistic white male master race

240 for car payment
100 bucks for insurance
a lot for gas because v8

$200 in insurance because you're

Depends how much you want to split the $300 I paid for my echo.

Over 3 years it's about $8 a month.

That's in canadsa though.

$15 insurance
$60 gas
21 year old white male driving a bmw coupe

This. I actually pay a little bit more for my fox but yeah. Are you on your family's insurance?

Insurance I spend $380 a month for 3 vehicles though.

Going up too because I bought a shitty truck, and the fucking wheel fell off and totalled another car.

Yup. I was looking at older suburbans...insurance was around $100/month

Yeah, insurance for a single car added on is about $100 minimum insurance, and my charger has max insurance which is $170.

I want another car but the most expensive part isnt even buying the car, it's the fucking $1200 a year for insurance and whatever the stupid fucking Service NB wants to charge me for tax on a vehicle that already fucking had tax paid on it.

~200/mo for insurance, gas, repairs, etc.

it's about to go up because I think my gaskets are leaking

I live in Eastern Europe and it costs me $13 in terms of paying to institutions to drive it (including MOT, road tax and "insurance"). As far as fuel goes, depends on how much I drive it.

Less than it would to date any of these in pic related.

>familys insurance
nah insurance and taxes are cheap as shit in north/eastern europe

2,1,3,4, in that order from left to right

Just for good measure: I'm driving a decent 10k€ shitbox in Germany and pay 160€ for taxes, insurance and one tank of gas per month (gets me ~600km on a normal month). I could only go lower with having an even smaller engine (

If you're not buying an entire shitbox for $500-$1000 in cash you're doing shitboxes wrong. Pic related, took ten seconds looking at craigslist to find $550 runs and leaks oil. Comes with an entire secondary parts car in the same color.

That's two shitboxes for the price of one running shitbox.

Good taste senpai.

I think 3 and 2 could be interchangeable though.

By that I mean 1 and 3...

Jesus, are germans even this cucked with cars? In NL I have as secondary car a €3k golf 3 with a 1.6 petrol engine. I pay €60 for a tank that lasts 450km, €60 3-monthly tax, and €20 in insurance for legal liability.
That makes €20 a month invariable costs and €80 for 600km.
All despite the golf 3 being the official boiracer car, thus high risk, and being 24 years old myself. Other cars and being older brings down insurance further of course.

>tfw 160$ a month for full coverage for 3 drivers on a 07 civic 14 sonic and liability on a 90 f-250, as well as renters insurance for a 60k policy

500$ deductible for car and renters insurance as well

Insurance and regulations are actually pretty reasonable here, we just get shafted with insane prices and taxes on everything.

t. fellow dutchfag

My Comanche costs me $40/mo if I don't drive it at all. Then I could add fuel costs.

Liability only of course. If it gets hit, either I can fix the damage myself or its completely fucking fucked and likely so am i.

It depends where you are. For instance there are some low rates in this thread, but for me in NYC it's $280/month for a Miata and that's just the insurance.

I thought we had it bad here in Switzerland, but it seems we're doing just fine. I live in one of the most expensive cantons for road tax (and insurance too I think) and I pay $1100 a year in road tax for my CL500 plus $800 a year in insurance, and I'm only 24. That's gonna go further down once I turn 25.

>21/Male, no accidents, tickets, never even been pulled over
>Drive a soccer mom Subaru with all the safety features
>Super-safe driver, I never speed or do anything bad if there's people around
>$300/month, no collision

I'm about ready to kill the CEO of Geico

>18/Male, no accidents, ticket but it'll be kept off my record
>Drive a Boxster
>I like to think of myself as a good driver but like most I have my retard moments, still improving, don't speed much after that first ticket but still accelerate hard onto the freeway and make fast turns
>$90/month for full coverage

Such is life