I live in Austria, and we have something called car horse power tax

I live in Austria, and we have something called car horse power tax.
What that means is that the more HP a car has, the more you pay.

For example the HP tax for a car with 200 HP is 982€ a year (without car insurance and pickerl, both are mandatory).

So it is pretty hard being a car guy in Austria, especially if you are middle class!

The HP tax is also the reason why AMG's and S Audis are as cheap as a old Kia's!

So i am here to ask you guys, if you can show me some quick cars under 165 HP.

Doesn't matter witch brand!

Thanks!

?

No one?

Toyota Celica T23?
It's not very slow!

500 Abarth

Renault Twingo RS, Suzuki Swift Sport (both around 135hp)

If you can afford to go like one tax bracket higher, Clio RS 172

a 3000 spider coin civic

define what's a quick car 4u

Slow it the fuck down there faggot...give it an hour or so...let people fucking read your fucking post before you bump it...fuckwad...

mx-5 is always the answer

Miata is always the answer.

>bumping twice over the span of FIVE FUCKING MINUTES
Slow down champ, you're not on /b/.

Sorry i have never been here before!
Now i know!

Well i search for a car that accelerates quickly!

So a car that goes 0-100 km/h in under 9 seconds (i am realistic, i know that you can't have a super quick car with under 165 HP).

then you have some options, even the old 90s Cupra goes to 100 in 8. something

Thanks for the info!

Gonna throw the Toyota MR2 GT Coupe out there. It would be a shame to only look at acceleration and not consider handling when you live in the Alps. 154 PS. Sadly all other Japanese cars I can think of that are affordable and in that power range are either FWD or heavier.

Thanks for the comment!
Well i don't care if they are FWD, i like Hondas and Vw's

S1 or early S2 Lotus Elise.

The older and lighter the better. Also get a manual.

These are unicorns in Europe.

True, Fieros are very rare!

Yep

What's the problem with FWD cars?
Gti's are cool!

What about D20/30 Eclipses?
The GS ones!

They are not slow, look cool and you get street cred with em!

Kek

They are nice but most of them are in a bad condition (Riced, Broken) here in Austria!

Hot Peugeots are some of the most fun you can have with a car, period. 205 GTi, 106 GTi/Rallye, all brilliant fun cars.

>Horsepower tax
>The govt punishes you for buying a more powerful energy efficient product
>To the EU a 200 HP engine that can easy propel a 1.5 ton block of metal is somehow worse than a 50 mower engine that has to red line to move a 1 ton compact at minimum highway speeds

Wait never mind I understand.. it's because female politicians can only picture powerful engines as evil masculine rape weapons that kill baby seals and keep the highway from becoming a feminine space, therefore they must find a way to steal more of the tax payers money so men can't have fun.

Haven't even thought about that, good idea!
Thanks!

The HP tax was invented here by the Zionist controlled Green Party!

The good thing is that the Green Party has now shrunk to 2%, which means absolutely no power!

There is hope that that tax will be lowered in the future by the rightwing party!

You must be 18 to post here

Wow that is even worse than in greece.

Greece has a cc tax.

For example if your car has less than 2l you are somewhat tax free. If you do have a car that is over the 2l limit, you get taxed about 600 euros, and that money scales with the amount of liters in your car.

My recommendations are : 3k civic (the one shingo drove), miata (na, nb, stay away from the nc's), every celica ever, peugeot 106 rallye/ 205 gti, renault 5 (turbo version if you are a madman), saxo vts, twingo.

Acura Integra LS with a MANUAL TRANNY. The automatic trannies are absolute dogshit slow. The manual ones are fairly quick, and fun to throw around in the corners. Best handling FWD layout for a bargain price and 140 horses.

Why don't you just keep your car registered in a less retarded neighboring country? Here in the US, Californians might register in Nevada for example. Also is there no exemption for older cars? Fucking Europe sucks.

Dude he is in Australia, it is an island

Kek

Yeah i heard Austria is one of the most car unfriendly placeson earth.

You in Greece have it much better!

Thanks for the car list!

Well in Europe we don't have many Acuras (mostly imports from the US in Germany).

And Honda Integras where only sold as Type R's here!

Funny thing is that one, but just one of the exact car you described is for sale in Austria sadly with the crappy Automatic!

Shit! ^^

That doesn't work mate!
Hungary is much better, but i would have to live there to have it registered!
Eastern European countries don't really have these retarded tax things, which is the reason why your average cashier in Hungary drives a Supra or a Silvia!
Hungary has also one of the biggest JDM car collection in the world!

Fucking EU is cancer!

Heh, yes i would have to swim!

!

>austrian
>no lightweight vw-porsche replica

These are expensive!

Warum so viele Ausrufezeichen!
Nimm es doch einfach wie ein Mann und zahl den Scheiss! Dafür hast du doch das Delta, das du im Vergleich zu Deutschen Nettogehältern hast! Wir in Deutschland haben mehr Einkommenssteuer und in der Regel nur 12 Gehälter! Da sind die 1000€ Steuer pro Jahr nix!

look for a karmann ghia, or even an old beetle doesn't have to be a super beetle, they're light, rebuildable and fun to drive also classics

Or even a Type 3, possibly the most underrated member of the classic VW family.

Lall nicht, Mehmet!
Wenn er in Wien wohnt und 1000€ Miete bezahlt bleibt möglicherweise nicht viel übrig, abgesehen davon, dass es unvernünftig ist unnötig viel an Steuern zu blechen.

Get an old (or as new your budget allows) 4cyl 3 series bimmer and throw as many handling mods you can on it. Living in Austria aftermarket for one shouldn't be an issue.

>Wenn er in Wien wohnt und 1000€ Miete bezahlt
Geh bitte, wenn er in Wien so viel Miete zahlt, hat er offensichtlich etwas gehörig falsch gemacht.
Wiener Wohnungen kosten weniger Miete als in grob 60% aller(!) deutschen Städte. Hört auf rumzujammern.

oh yeah there's also the vw type 3 fastback or the squareback for a 2 door wagon which is cool

hell try looking for a mk1 or even mk2 golf / rabbit I bet there's plenty of pic related around

Alter, ich bin jung, die 1000 mücken sind viel für mich!
Außerdem sind zum Beispiel 200 PS Autos auch nicht so super schnell.

Ihr Deutschen habt es auch leicht weil ihr viel mehr Auswahl habt als wir, und bei euch die Autos auch bis zu 3000€ billiger sind als hier in Ösi Land!

Hast ein paar Autos Vorschläge?

I was cheking out some G60 Corrados, but fuck they really got expensive here.

Corrados are part of Austria in a lot of places, like Mustangs in America, or Falcons in Australia.

euro laws are absolutely atrocious.

Lotus Seven clones? Those are plenty fast with econobox engines, 160 HP will make it a goddamn rocket.

This is a great call. Buy a kit, shove some old Ford or BMW drivetrain in there and hit the toegay.

The problem with bimmers is that the majority of them are wrecked.

Most of their owners have not treated them well.

And owning a 3 serier or 5 series in German speaking countries is not so good for your repute.

Yep, Austria hates the car enthusiast

>Ihr Deutschen habt es auch leicht weil ihr viel mehr Auswahl habt als wir
Dann importier doch einfach aus D und zahl die Nova nach, fertig. Ode noch besser: Zieh nach Deutschland, da passt du mit deinem Gejammer viel besser hin.
Der einzige brauchbare Vorschlag ist bisher der Swift Sport.
>Außerdem sind zum Beispiel 200 PS Autos auch nicht so super schnell.
Für die 130, 140 auf euren Autobahnen mehr als ausreichend, lel. Du hattest noch nie ein Auto, richtig?

>die 1000 mücken sind viel für mich!
Geh arbeiten?

You have to pay the power tax EVERY YEAR? Christ I thought France was bad but at least we only pay when registering the car.

We pay an "eco tax" when we register a car for the first time (either new or imported).
We also pay a tax on the car every year depending on the hp, and it jumps steeply after 100hp
And a yearly vignette, and they're thinking of introducing toll booths on highways in addition to that.
And despite all of this we've got probably the worst roads in the EU. Fucking Africa tier corruption.

Du must echt ein trauriges leben haben wenn du so wütend gereizt auf solche normalen fragen reagierst.

Traurig.

Bro it's still bad

2/10

Ich arbeite Mehmet!
Es ist aber dumm 1000€ steuern für ein Auto zu zahlen.

Und echt man, du must echt was gegen deine Ausbrüche tun, es ist echt peinlich wie aggressiv du auf sachen reagierst!

Can't you just keep a fake residence in Hungary for car registration purposes? I guess you'd need dual citizenship or something else that might be as expensive as the bullshit HP tax? Why not actually live in Hungary and just commute into Austria? I guess this is all probably much simpler between states here than between countries there.

Legacy GTs (95-04) are fairly brisk with a manual transmission and exactly 165hp.

That sounds like a winner for OPs requirement plus there are definitely bolt-ons that could be bolted-off for inspection.

MIATA
I
A
T
A

Oder MR2.
Bei euch in den Bergen denke ich mal, dass Handling sehr wichtig sein sollte.
Die Frage ist aber auch wie groß der Wagen sein soll...

Here's an idea.
>Buy a motorcycle (Unless those are also taxed to shit, then just get a bike or low hp scooter if you need to commute)
>Start saving up money
>Move to a continent that isn't cucked with retarded taxes, insurance, and overinflated gas prices

>Move to a continent that isn't cucked
any examples?

Maybe a hybrid like the Lexus CT or Honda CRZ.

I have no tips to offer I just wanted to say that I am from Austria too an... I know that feel bro. I've been searching for years. ;_;

Good luck with your search.

this. any car that's even remotely interesting is impossible to find in acceptable condition
there are a total of 14 used mr2s here and i can't find a single 1.8l miata
even civics are pretty hard to find unless you want the insultingly ugly 2005 one

Just make a car handle well instead.

Anywhere that's not the Eurabian Caliphate.

These are all decently fun and reliable options you could consider: Opel Astra Gsi, Golf MkIII GTI, Peugeot 206 GTI, Civic obviously, Saxo VTS and Peugeot 106, Bmw 318is, etc.

Say what you want about murrica but you can have any car you want and your only big expenses are the car itself and maybe insurance. My yearly full coverage insurance and registration/ taxes on four cars (2 very new) is about $3200. $750 of that is underinsured motorist coverage which is optional. I also have a million dollar umbrella included. Gas here is $2 a gallon.
Half the cars on the road where I live have large V8s.