pastebin.com/pgEWmYfH

>Booru
smtg.booru.org/

>Recommended reading
pastebin.com/ByiXrDGX

Previous thread:

>Heroine is basically Demifiend / Zeed
I'd play it.

Isn't it more like the demonoids in Infernal Tokyo?

>not /megagen/
Psh

that's not bad but it's pretty long

I'd play the shit out of it if the writing was good. If you're gonna stick me with a demon the whole game, make her entertaining.

And when you eventually make me choose between Demonfu and Humanfu let the Humanfu actually have some personality so it's not the easiest choice in the world.

>op pic is no longer a badass takedown of the hardest boss in the series
>it's just some gay ass bestiality shit
Why do you fuckers do this

What if it's a demihuman who doesn't know whether she wants to be a demon or a human and tries to act like one of the two depending on your choices.

let us hit page 10 before making a new thread

>And when you eventually make me choose between Demonfu and Humanfu let the Humanfu actually have some personality so it's not the easiest choice in the world.
I haven't actually played it but isn't this the plot of Catherine

>bestiality

Close, but this is different. Catherine is all dreams and shit.

I also don't recall Catherine possessing Katherine and mutating her body slowly and slowly. Or Vincent having the Demon Summoning Program.

Someone should make an Atlus general just so EOfags and SMTfags can bitch about translation together

There's something wrong with that ho.

>playing Demikids
>fuse Abaddon, pic related
>think its a reference to Dahn in Raidou 2
>look it up, Raidou 2 came out 5 years after Demikids L/D
Now I'm just confused

I wouldn't mind us being converted to Atlus general considering how we only really talk about SMT a third of the time, other Atlus properties another third of the time, and then just bitch about other JRPGs the other third.

Maybe its cause SMT itself isnt even that amazing? They are okay games but none of them ever really go to "holy shit" tier, most are good or even great but they never get that impressive.

How dare you, smt is the top notch game with a hardcore gameplay for mature people with mature themes. Nocture.

>abaddon in every other smt looks like a huge gaping maw
>he's just a generic samoorhay warrior here
What?

It's also because, you know, SMT isn't the entirety of MegaTen and never has been.

Are you enjoying Demikids user? I'm running out of translated SMT and wondering if it's worth playing.

Probably also because other SMT games are more fun to play and talk about de su.

But I want to talk about DeSu

Don't the harcode SMT fans here say that shit like DeSu and DDS arent even SMT games but just spinoffs the USA Atlus misnamed for the sake of cash?

You can talk about anything anyways user, nobody here will stop you.

>And when you eventually make me choose between Demonfu and Humanfu let the Humanfu actually have some personality so it's not the easiest choice in the world.

If only SH let you keep Nemissa around.

Nah the sheer custasation of them are fucking GOAT.
No other Jrpg I know has stat allocation and builds for the MC. Its one of the few if not only that come to my mind, jrpg that is an actual RPG game. And having choice is sweet as well.

DeSu are my favorite though.

I'm liking it
The designs are very charming and its nice to have an upbeat story about a kid fighting an evil empire between all the suffering and Armageddons the other games have every now and then
Its very easy tho, I'm playing Light and I heard that Dark is harder so play that if you want a bit more of a challenge
Also the high encounter rate can get pretty annoying sometimes

They aren't SMT games in Japan, you're right, just MegaTen. Same with Persona. SMT is a successor to the original two Megami Tensei games, which were based off of a book.

IIRC the only "spin offs" considered to be SMT in Japan are SJ and Devil Summoner, although I may not be 100% accurate.

Also this has nothing to do with the gameplay but it really annoys me that they changed some of the demon names in English
I didn't even know I had recruited Dagda until I looked it up because they changed his name to Bounty for no apparent reason
Like I get changing some of the heavy Japanese names like Yuki-onna or Sakata no Kintoki but that one just made no sense

I dunno man, Nocturne blew my mind when I played it the first time, quite the refreshing air after coming from playing final fantasy X and others.

I
II
II Gaiden
if...
Hazama's Chapter
NINE
Nocturne
Pachislot
20XX
Devil's Colosseum
IMAGINE
Tokyo Requiem
Strange Journey
Devil Hunter Zero
IV
Apocalypse
Devil Collection
Devil Summoner
Pinball
Card Summoner

meant to be a reply to

>Nozomi gains a power boost because Danu absorbed Inanna
>it just makes her shoot better
Why the fuck is she still just using a shotgun she should at least be shooting fairy bullets or some shit

These are all of the "official" SMT games?

It's baffling to me how big this series is. Not just SMT, but MegaTen as a whole.

3 dex 1 ag 1 luk
or
2 dex 1 ag 2 luk
for dex build in Apocalypse?

Right, all of the ones with the SMT name in the title in Japan.

A lot of them are phone games (II Gaiden, Hazama's Chapter, 20XX, Devil's Colosseum, Tokyo Requiem, Devil Hunter Zero, Devil Collection, Pinball). if... went on to become Persona and Devil Summoner dropped the SMT title from Soul Hackers on. NINE and IMAGINE were MMOs (though NINE never even went online).

5 ma

Despite Nozomi having a God in her, she's pretty useless. I actually forgot about what happened to Inanna.
2 luck

Just like gundom there are no great games just good and mediocre ones :^)

Okay, does DDS2 actually get good after a few hours? Im currently in the tube part at the start of the game, holy shit the aesthetics are all gone, the sound is so much worse, the mantra tree is fucked and the cash drops are so fucking small, what the shit happened to it? I just want to know if its worth actually playing it or not because at this point, Im half considering quitting.

What Is the ibo of persona?

SMT games aren't good, only 7/10 at best. Like Gundam. Just drop it and play an actually good game like Persona

What is wrong with it user? Did you not like DDS1?

Persona 5, a game about kids vs SHITTY ADULTS

You are just used to the endgame of DDS and are comparing it to the beginning of a new game.
What do you expect, having high tech futuristic sewers and getting millions of dollars per encounter when you are lv5?
Also the Mantra system in DDS2 is a hell of a lot better than it was in the first game. You get actual options this time around and aren't forced to take stuff that's borderline useless to get to the better ones, you can actually make choices.

What is the g-reco pf Persona?

I did, a lot actually, but the beginning wasn't this god awful or slow. Also looked better.
No, I didn't expect either of those, I also didn't expect a piss filter sometimes, absurdly low cash ammounts, a rather bad tutorial, shit easthetics, bad animation choices and a mantra tree that aparently wants me to have me waste cash just to unlock these special mantras by having everyone learn atleast two skills they dont need or waste the cash in unlocking them.

Mantra in 1 was fine honestly, this both looks like shit and makes it look like a utter waste of time. Seriously though, whats the deal with the yellow-brown piss filter in the menus, it looks awfull.

SMT:4A literally the best the franchise has been in years but SEED/Nocturne and 00/SJ kiddies hate it for being different

>Nozomi has Danu and is useless
>Nanashi has Dagda and is a fucking Godslayer

Mommy please

>fusing ingredients to make Frost Ace
>fuse Tam Lin, fusion accident
>reload, fuse him again
>fuse Power, fusion accident

Fucking STOP.

This reminds me of the time I literally got FIVE (5) fusion accidents in a row trying to fuse a stupid goddamn demon.

There's a reason I always save before fusing.

But where's the dilf?

Also I hope the Switch game has HD Dagda model, even if it's DLC. I want to use him.

You clearly don't remember just how many worthless Mantras you had to learn for some of the things in DDS.
Also lol, DDS2 has much better setpieces than the first game.

I went for wurld, gale went for thunder and wind then angel tree for buffs, argilla also went for her weakness, earth and healing tree. No skill was useless to me, all were atleast circumstancial but never useless desu.

>Elatha is quoted as being the "The beautiful Miltonic prince of darkness with golden hair".

Sounds like a twink

We've had non-twinks with beautiful golden hair before.

But would he have a spoopy skeleton face? Or maybe it was just Dagda because he's kind of a cunt.

1 dex 1 agi 3 luk

Do I add 2 luck until max level or is there a diminishing return at one point?

JUST

HEE

Soft caps are around 300. Don't worry if you didn't get the past 99 DLC

Jesus christ this loki looks awful

Really hope we see the cool shady looking nigga in a proper model in HD. P5's iteration hurt even worse, like come the fuck on

What is II Gaiden? I thought you mean SMT20XX, but you have both that and 20XX: Devil's Colosseum listed separately. I didn't know of a SMT2 spinoff phone game.

Don't know about luck, but iirc I read that going past 200 doesn't bring as much rewards (endgame, you'll probably end up with or near 200 dex/agi/luck anyway)

Feel free to change it up after a certain point.

Well P5 Loki's great as Akechi's Persona.

On the other hand it doesn't really fit the myth since Loki's not a fighter, SH Loki's better in that regards. MegaTen Loki though

Jack Bros 2: The Fight Before Christmas when?

I like Nocturne Loki (and Odin) a lot, but I might be biased as I'm also a fujoshitter.

SH Loki looks more like a Yugioh monster to me than SMT, was never fond of it.

Speaking of demons that look like Yugioh cards.

Jack bros true forms when?

Doi Satan is one of those dudes that really should've been a different character.

Design is nice, but shouldn't be replacing one of the most iconic demon designs.

I'm absolutely convinced I've seen this dude on a yugioh card before

When will Jack the Ripper finally get the recognition he deserves

He looks like he could be one of the recurring enemy commanders of a Kamen Rider show.

I would've liked his design if he looked more like the DLC costume.

Looks a lot cleaner and easier on the eyes.

I'm still pretty surprised we never got a throwaway 3DS port.

>wear grey stealth armor
>head back to Kasumigaseki B2F
>SMT4A is now suddenly look like a MGS game

Probably never.

Pretty sure a lot of the new designs in 4 were made by former Kamen Rider kaijin designers
Don't know which ones specifically tho

Better

Lv.150 Graphite

Now that I've finished both Devil Survivor games, I gotta ask: why do so many people shit on Record Breaker? Is it just because it doesn't really change things up much (gameplay system basically the same with a few new additions, multi strike + pierce still the be all end all, reused areas), or is there something else?

>implying it's not the IBO S1& S2 with its precursor
Bet you like Julietta faggot.
Bet the accidents were better than Tam Lin/Power

The story's super lame

Pretty much Shinji and Kaworu

It's basically the same thing with final. The plot's decent and there are some pretty good characters, but then there are some really shitty characters and persona elements that people think ruin the whole experience.

I haven't played RB, but I remember in the original I hated the Septentrione fights.

The entire challenge was just getting across the map to the fuckers, while they snipe you from the other side of the map and keep pushing you back on the turn order. It was tedious and lame.

The big thing though, is that I just don't like the story as much as 1, the scale is much bigger but it just glosses over it all, whereas 1 really sets up a good atmosphere with the lockdown, and spends time showing you how everything is slowly going to shit, I really like that about it.

2 has the better characters though.

surprised Saint Nick or any of the other Holiday folklore figures isn't a demon in SMT yet

they manage to get Mephistopheles in SMT

I'd like to see a Kaneko/Doi Krampus

Soul Hackers had leprechaun
That's a st patricks day thing right?

I forgot about that little guy, pretty cool design.

>Santa with a dick or Lego hair
N-no thanks
Based Jack returning when

>love persona
>like both Toki and Asahi
>still think the beach dlc is the worst thing to happen to the series

Why, though? It's just a funny little dream sequence that doesn't have any main effect on the plot. I could understand if it was a real, in-game event, but as a one-off DLC thing I think it's tolerable.

yeah, imagine if Demi-fiend was sleeping and all of the sudden, he appeared in TMS

Its pandering and patronizing
They're rubbing underage titties in my face "this is what you want right, you degenarate"
Fuck man I just like mythology and post apocalyptic setting and I like the plot to take itself seriously
If I see shit like that it takes me right out of the game
I remember playing Raidou 2 and out of nowhere Tae asked the player "which of the girls in this game do you like the most user-kun?*
Its immersion breaking
Im no longer Raidou Kuzunoha, devil summoner, I'm a fat fuck in front of a TV screen listing over fictional characters

kinda love how Merkabah is more seen as the the villain than Lucifer and Vishnu

>he appeared in TMS

Truly a fate worse than any punishment YHVH could deliver

Law and Chaos don't represent good and evil
In one game Lucifer is an ally in another he's the villain and both work

If Demi-fiend's game had him going around with cute girls and handsome guys and was much lighter in tone, it wouldn't be extremely out of place.

>reddit spacing
Fuck off

But to be fair I understand where you're coming from. Still, like I said, it's not part of the main plot at all and impacts nothing else in the game, and it really happens just once. And it's not like you can say that you're forced to go through it for Mephisto since you can say that phrase to get to him immediately.

Now, if they start trying to pull more types of this in future SMT games, like having a date scene with Alex or Zelenin in DSJ or more beach/party/high school life sims in general I'd be worried. But for now, I don't think it's too pressing. The general response to the beach DLC is pretty similar to mine and yours, anyway, and Atlus is pretty good at listening to fans.

Wait did he really?

Playing through DDS2, just went through extremely spooky Eggman's installation for the second time and i'm having trouble getting decent AP from monsters in there. Using Atma boost and AP divide but even 4 star shit takes ages and this seems like a second to last dungeon to me. Would get Atma premium, which i assume is Atma Boost+, but i didn't get many Omoikane encounters, got like 300k right now. My best skills are Bufula-tier(all AOE skills are tier-1 except Gale's Mazionga) too so i wanna catch up. Demon hunting is good but that shit still hasn't refreshed for me.

tl;dr how to improve atma gains in dd2 it feels slower than in 1

>>reddit spacing
>Fuck off
This is the third time someone told me this
Can someone explain this to me? English isn't my first language, is something wrong with the way I write?

Reddit spacing refers to someone starting a new paragraph after every sentence.