Why don't you own an LS swapped 996, Veeky Forums?

Why don't you own an LS swapped 996, Veeky Forums?
>Carrera weight
>Turbo power
>LS reliability
>LS aftermarket
>V8 exhaust note perfection
>nobody cares what you do to a 996

Other urls found in this thread:

rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/745097-dropped-some-weight-added-some-power-and-no-more-ims-issues-ls1-content-15.html#post12582158
local10.com/news/local/fort-lauderdale/driver-killed-after-porsche-crashes-on-i-95-in-fort-lauderdale
youtube.com/watch?v=WFbRoxd-PRU
youtube.com/watch?v=j8uiSDgDu0U
youtube.com/watch?v=0rcMRuGJ5mQ
youtube.com/watch?v=Vq2XbTd97eA
youtube.com/watch?v=fyEThSM4JnI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sounds like shit
boring swap
engine is shit compared to most options

I mean if I had $20,000-$30,000 or so to put together a car to be a great driver that would be a contender.

>sounds like shit
Sounds better than the stock engines, flat-6 engines should stick to planes
>boring swap
Not an argument
>engine is shit compared to most options
It's literally one of the best options when considering weight, physical size and aftermarket support

You haven't convinced me

the question is

>Why don't you own an LS swapped 996, Veeky Forums?

not

>I have horrible taste tell me why that is

Im not trying to make an argument you retard

>Sounds better than the stock engines,

LS is the worst sounding V8 ever flat 6 btfos it easily

>flat-6 engines should stick to planes

V8s started as plane engines

its still one of the most boring engine swaps ever and no its not even that good

What the fuck is "good" engine to you? Let me guess, An F1 or Chiron engine or something? Grow up kid. This is real life not Forza.

how about a 4bt cummins

the only good reason you should swap an Ls into a 996 is if the original engine shit itself due to the IMS bearing and you have an LS sitting in your garage.

That corny youtuber that recently did it, did it pretty shittly.

That being said really nothing of value is lost when an LS is swapped into a base model 996. Shits one of the ugliest 911's anyway so yeah. Its not like people are LS swapping 996 GT2's

also "If you're doing all your own work, make your own engine mounting brackets and find a cheap LS motor, it could be done for around $5k." a direct quote from the dude who built pic related which has an LS and looks bone stock from the outside.

also it seems that same guy that built that car, sold it to someone a while ago and that person ended up crashing it and dying.

Not really surprising. People putting V8's in the rear end sounds like plenty of fun but Im willing to bet people who are into doing that have no idea how to actual control a car let alone one that is RR

rennlist.com/forums/996-forum/745097-dropped-some-weight-added-some-power-and-no-more-ims-issues-ls1-content-15.html#post12582158

local10.com/news/local/fort-lauderdale/driver-killed-after-porsche-crashes-on-i-95-in-fort-lauderdale

Toyota 2J
Toyota UZ
Honda B series
Honda K series
Honda F20/22C
most BMW engines
Mitsubishi 4G63
Ford YB
Porsche Flat 6
Mopar Hemi

the LS doesnt do anything special its a bland mediocre engine thats usually worse off than the original engine considering the price people pay to swap them but the owner is incompetent at cars so its what they do

it is disgraceful

The 996 was a disgrace to the 911 heritage in itself.

>worse more expensive and rarer engines that are more unique
neck urself kiddo

>shit is better than gold because its more common

lol

the LS is mediocre at best

even the Modular is better

>ls being a sbc based engine with a bulletproof bottom end and mass availability
>shit
lol try to get a modular past 600 on stock internals and have it available literally everywhere

he's just being a contrarian Veeky Forums tist

lol the LS blows the fuck up at 700 while costing several thousands more

even the lowest 2v modulars will do 600

keep in mind theres no LS faster than the fastest Modular or even 2JZ

mediocre engines for lacking people

can you even fucking prove that statement lol I can prove mine. youtube.com/watch?v=WFbRoxd-PRU stock internals junkyard truck motor, stay btfo

>iron block truck motor
Not an LS, try again

>not an LS

well there goes your argument already

Just 996.

Porsche corrected it with 997 and surpassed it with 991.

Which is why the OP is specifically about LS swapped 996s. Nobody cares what you do to a 996, you can't ruin them any further.

you know it's not the same motor except the block has the exact same dimensions, same heads
100% interchangability of parts, 6 bolt mains, etc
ok now that i've established that the only difference is the aluminum vs iron block casting material it's the same motor as an ls6 you fool

but see its not called an ls so

>the only difference is the aluminum vs iron block casting material it's the same motor as an ls6 you fool
So you admit it's a different motor but say it's the same motor???

Where is your LS swapped 996, faggot OP?

literally exact same motor just used in the build I posted because it's cheaper, it's an ls6 there's no difference, they did make some truck engines with aluminum blocks as well which made it an LS , if this doesn't convince you that the designation is no more than a factory sub group to help distinguish the blocks then i'm afraid you might be retarded

not an LS tho
design doesnt matter

>it's an ls6 there's no difference
Except one is iron and therefore heavier but more resistant to high levels of boost???

>literally an ls
>not an ls
ok whatever man I explained above some truck engines also had aluminum blocks which meant they became an ls, if you gave an lq4 an aluminum block it would be an ls6, the lq etc series is just part of the LS family which started in 1997 when a redesigned sbc with high flowing heads and 6 bolt mains were introduced

its still not an LS lol

no one can defend the LS with an LS apparently

Lighter and more powerful than the 993

>b-but muh headlights
>muh water cooling

997 was literally just a 996

Modular be like

youtube.com/watch?v=j8uiSDgDu0U

this one made 670 whp and 623 lb ft before it broke and its shitty 2v
youtube.com/watch?v=0rcMRuGJ5mQ

pic related ran a 5.88 I still dont think any LS engine has made it into the 5s

Have fun flushing 20k+ down the toilet for literally nothing other than worse handling

By the way, a gm engine has NEVER EVER won le mans
Lmao

Its not an ls you dick head
Its a boat anchor iron block truck motor

>Yeah bro muh chebby truck and it's 4800 vortec is totally powered by corvette engine ls6 ls7 bro totally they just have different names dude
Kys

Hot fucking damn, did the late owner put it through a cheese grater?

>worse handling
>Engines literally weigh the same

This is why you swap an LS into a Boxster or Cayman instead

>being a dead shit benchracer
Lmao. Porsche knows more than you and you shit no le mans winning gm

Don't you have a bus to catch?

>He thinks two engines "weighing about the same" is all there is to it
Stop posting kid

So what else is there? The extra half inch of the centre of gravity? I'll be offset by the accessories being closer to the centre of the engine instead of all over the place

I like and own an LS and still would never do this.
The flat-6 sound is too godly to consider a swap.
I'd want to put a better exhaust on it just to hear it better.

Funny because I own a Boxster with the same engine at the 996 and I think is sounds like ass

I think about LS swaps but figure I could just get a Z06

>Carrera weight
Yes
>Turbo power
Yes
>LS reliability
Worse than the original engine
>LS aftermarket
Fine but that's not an achievement for GM
>V8 exhaust note perfection
It's the worst sounding V8
Not yet.

>I'm anonymous on Veeky Forums and I love muh chebby v8 it weighs the same as this bespoke engine literally designed for use in this unconventional layout car literally designed around this bespoke engine so that means it will work just as Good if I spend a weekend shoehorning it in there!
Lmao kid

The M96 is fucking trash, don't kid yourself

Source: there's one in my car right now

shittiest porsche with niggerist engine
thanks but no thanks
also read my (boss) column on autotrader dot com slash oversteer
youtube.com/watch?v=Vq2XbTd97eA

Kek BTFO

>ls sounds different from hemi
Doubt.jpg

>every American V8 sounds the same

they dont even have the same firing order

Why would I want an LS Carrera when I have a perfectly good 996 Turbo?

see here

because LS engines are trash???

the flat 6 is much better

lol 6.0 is an ls6 not a 4.8, lol punk ricer gets personally offended by ls it seems

>small ohcuck engine
>better
lol sperg more

post an LS engine lapping the nurburgring faster than this

>no response

as usual the LS cuckold gets BTFO and goes back into his cuck corner

You want to destroy the value of 996 by swapping an redneck LS engine. Go ahead.

Because it's cheaper

see

An actual Porsche owner seems to disagree

go figure its a Porsche owner who doesnt take care of his car

How'd you figure that? Looks like a spark plug/tube and ignition pack change to me in that picture

Even a fucked 996 is still 2expensive4me

lol hold on a goddamn minute, you have to cherry pick race cars to beat an LS, tell me where the v8 touched you. stay btfo ricer ohcuck boi

>worse more expensive and rarer engines that are more unique

wut? nigga, i don't think you've shopped around for import JDM engines. a 1UZ with 40k miles on it is comes complete for like 900$

yeah and I can pull an ls for 200, the 1uz sucks cock anyways

>can't find an LS engine faster than that
lol stay BTFO and sperg more GM cuckold

the LS is trash

>idiot doesn't know what he is doing
his fault

996 is pure shit
>b-but it saved porsche
s h i t
just like the early cayenne

Still not seeing what he's doing wrong

LS sounds like shit. I'd be that guy with a 996 that sounds like Bazza's clapped-out VX SS. Also SW20s are cheaper if I wanted to snap oversteer myself into a tree and meet Paul Walker.

thats because you are also an idiot

You're right, I'm an idiot for wasting my energy replying to you. Won't be making that mistake again

Kek

>bus rider
>calls real car owner idiot
lol you get stupider and stupider as the days go on, you can't find anything outside of a race car that can beat the god tier ls it seems, ohc btfo'd again

>GM cuck learns his place and goes back to his cuck corner

good boy, remember Ford leads the way

there is a reason there isn't a single OHV car faster than it, because OHV sucks cock

> you can't find anything outside of a race car that can beat the god tier ls it seems
umm, GM has never ever made a more powerful NA engine than the 5.2 vooddo, and has never made a more powerful forced induction engine than the 5.8 modular???

>busrider
I don't ride the bus???

lol not the same guy as me, keep posting, your'e so lucky that your bus has wifi, too bad ford needs a racecar to beat the ls, stay btfo

>he needs a crate engine from ferd to compete with a 15 year old truck engine.
ford ohcucks are this bad, stay blown the fuck out

>too bad ford needs a racecar to beat the ls
nice delusion, the real reason people use OHC in races is because OHV simply can't compete

sure OHV is fine for the street where cleetus the sistershagger has never experienced real performance, but on the real world, OHC is king

sperg more and stay BTFO

umm, you can get a teksid junkyard 4.6 engine and run the quarter in 5's? ironically the only GM engines that are more powerful than the 5.8 and the 5.2 are actually crate engines lol

>dumb GM cuckold has no clue whatsoever
as expected, just end yourself

Totally an IMS failure. Thing is an LS swap isn't cheap either

Hoovie did one and he said it ended up costing him twice as much as he initially thought it would
$7k for the engine, $4k for the kit, and the usual going rate for labour is $3k on the conservative side, so total after doubling would be $28k

>he thinks you can just pull a fucking teksid 4.6 and run fives
god damn I knew people were dumb on this board but you take the cake pal youtube.com/watch?v=fyEThSM4JnI

>pull a lincoln teksid for 500
>mod it for X amount of money
>run 5's

>pull a shitty pigfat iron LS for 500
>mod it for X amount of money
>NEVER EVER be able to run 5's

LS engines stands for Literally Shit, stay BTFO and sperg more GM cuckold

There are shops that will do it out the door for $15k BUT that's assuming I like the condition of the 996 and I only want an LS1. That's why I said $20-$30k earlier also I was just estimating before I shopped a little since it sounds sweet.

actually, pull ford, compltely grenade engine past 500hp, buy new motor, spend 4k on internals to get you to 1000hp
pull ls boost it and tune it and it'll pull 1000hp
have you heard the term "dedicated drag car before" ?

>grenade engine
lol no, it's not a shitty LS, mihovets was making over 2000 hp on the stock crank and block

>dedcated drag car
how come there aren't any dedicated LS drag cars that can run the quarter in 5's?

because the LS is dogshit thats why

You're all fucktards and V8s are the past.

Electric drag cars are going to BTFO your shit in the next 10 years.

The 997 fixed the 996.

Besides adding weight and making it look like a Beetle again how does it fix it? It even made the IMS bearing a pain in the ass to service

Not having a literal '90s GM-tier interior, for one.
The 997.2 also ditched the abysmal tiptronic for the PDK, along with the 9A1 engine family that doesn't even have an IMS bearing to worry about anymore.

That, and the 997's body lines are much sharper when compared to the melted bar of soap that is the 996.

And here comes another idiot who judges an interior based solely on fucking pictures on the internet

Actually true

The 997 still looks like a blob, don't delude yourself

why dont you own a 572 big block swapped 911 Veeky Forums?

Won't fit