How are you Houstonfags holding up?

One of my bros left and is staying with family out of state.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fo3Dp8ib-7E?t=75
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Src9gL5JHmE
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1504131094788.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Holding up great, water only made it up to my mailbox, just waiting until my power comes back on.

That's good to hear. Stay safe, user.

Why did they park in a river? Some left their lights on...so they can swim out to it later?
You murricans do some funny things sometimes...

Thanks, bud.

Pics
Fuck i would drive into that snd floor it for a free new car

Insurance companies don't have to pay when there is a major natural disaster.

You are going to end up waiting forever for a FEMA check....

To give you an idea of how long, people impacted by Katrina just got their checks.

Reps have the majority and a strong desire for a 'win'. Could get pushed through pretty quick.

Here's a picture I took near the Bayou/Creek.

Is the situation serious or like hop on a inflatable with your bros?

MEAN OL' LEVEE
TAUGHT ME TO WEEP AND MOAN

youtu.be/fo3Dp8ib-7E?t=75

That's more like New Orleans 12 years ago than Houston today.

[Angry car noises]

houston sucks anyway. bunch of over materialistic hyper consumers that isolate themselves from everyone around them in their special snowflake cars.

After hurricane Sandy the Repubs were real cuckaroonies and voted no for funding.

It eventually passed cause literally every dem and the christie type repubs voted yes but ffs.

Woah dude who hurt you?

This kinda. I wonder how many shitty McMansions and shitty base model euro cars were destroyed.

>To give you an idea of how long, people impacted by Katrina just got their checks.
Presidents don't want to pay the bills during their administration because the deficit is charged to them. It makes sense to dump the costs onto Trump's presidency as yet one more thing to blame on him.

>Insurance companies don't have to pay when there is a major natural disaster.
They do if people buy flood insurance and earthquake insurance for their homes. Adding the earthquake rider almost doubles the insurance cost, so I didn't buy it. I am way up in the hills and asked my insurance agent why would I get flood insurance. She said, it goes way beyond the idea of waters rising up and going inside the house. If the flood caused the hillside to collapse and my house slid down, that would be covered. She looked up her topo map of my house and said she sees I live many hundreds of feet from a cliff edge. She pointed out that it is not unknown for ground to subtly move towards a cliff after a flood. So even houses hundres of feet away can have their foundations shift. Re-jacking the house and stabilizing the foundation would be covered by insurance.

>being scared of a lil water

Shartmerican Texans everyone

You do realize the reason everyone is so sad is they picked the wrong auto.

why such a tall boat? why not get a wakeboarding boat if you only want to hold a few people and cruise around? at least then you could dip your hands in the water when stopped

>the truck tires sunk completely into the ground

they should be sad for buying the wrong kind of house, who wants to live on a flat super prawled the fuck out traffic nightmare fucking place that floods to epic proportions. idiots shouldve lived in skyscrapers.

>literally DYING from water

LMAO? REALLY? just drink the water dumbasses

I know one person that did live in a skyscraper/apartment and their place isn't flooded but I think the entire downstairs was.

Looks like a corsa but I don't think they're sold un the US

>amerisharts to stupid to know how to swim

lmao

Hahahahahahahaha How The Fuck Is Drowning Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Water Like Nigga Hold Your Breath Haha

this
also
>walk
>not swim

houstanfag here.
My house is a total loss.
I rode it out in my 2 story house. Im in Port Arthur which is one of the worst areas.
Monday I had to take any of my valueables up to the 2nd floor.
My turd gen fbody which is my baby wouldnt get shit for insurance money and I dont even have full coverage on it anyway so last Tuesday I took it to my buddy's apartment complex which is up on a hill in one of the higher points of houston. He let me have his parking spot cause he and his gf left to stay with family in Oklahoma til things calm down. Water isnt near it so thats good.

Luckily I have flood insurance, my house 1st floor was completely submerged when I finally left. 4-5' of water. Literally was over the top of my 2011 fusion DD. Not too worried, insurance should cover it and pay me more than it was worth even if it takes a million years.
I was lucky enough to have flood insurance too as it was required by my bank for my house due to being 800ft below sea level and so at risk.

Monday rain started hitting super hard again and I only had enough water/food left for this week maybe and didnt know how long til everything would calm down. I called my neighbor who evacuated last week and he gave me permission to steal his jetski out of his garage to get out of the area. Just packed everything I really wanted/needed into a duffel bag and backpack and called a buddy to meet me as close as possible with his ranger. I rode it into houston and to a blocked off submerged on ramp with the national guard there. I explained to them and they let him down the ramp to get me and we muscled the ski into the bed of his truck. now staying with him in Cypress, it's a little less affected but still damaged.

It's insane how apocolyptic it feels and disconnected from the rest of the world. The lengths people are going to right now to make it. Im just now today getting calmed down a bit. ill continue

>Houstan
god im a fag *Houston

Anyways. It's a pretty big shock going from doing the typical go to work every day, run to the store, go out to eat, hang out with friends, cruise , etc to being stuck in your house unable to leave, no job to go to because the plant is underwater, cant go to any store, cant go out to get any food, cant even go out because you just keep seeing the water rise up your driveway eventually into your living room/kitchen/etc and up your stairs.

It's fucking wild. It's a pretty fucked up situation all around. I as many others thought I was well prepared for a 3-4 day nasty streak. Then as it hit it kept getting ugraded in severity and even today it's still raining hard.

lol didnt read past Houston

learn to swim dumb amerishart

In this situation you're probably one of the fat/fedora cucks I've seen getting ferried in other boats and sitting on the side of roads who only sit there and bawl and rock back and fourth feeling sorry for themselves rather than getting on your own two feet and getting your shit together.

That's the craziest thing about all this you see all these people who have never had a hard day in their life and they are completely clueless expecting that someone/government/whatever is gonna stop in instantly and take them to safety and spoonfeed them.

Becomes pretty easy for you fedora virgins to mock it on an anonymous image board.

>blah nlah blah muh fedoraaaaa

Shartmericans, everyone lol

Glad they aren't totally fucking people.

I had this discussion with my professor earlier today.

The main example of people getting fucked over by nature we use is Katrina but a lot of the misconceptions we have about insurance today come from the idea i originally stated that they don't cover natural disasters.

You're right that they in fact do but people don't pay for the coverage needed so often find themselves getting shafted and they naturally go bat shit on the insurance company.

Sounds like my daily routine, only with water everywhere.

found the canadian

>implying leaf

Amerishart education, everyone

where do you live m8

assplastered cuck everyone

I'm at a pararescue unit from Davis monthan, Arizona. We sent two teams your way a couple days ago (help hoists); can't wait to hear some stories and see some footage.

Yeah I have a friend who works at a John Deere plant in Oklakhoma and their plant is letting them leave with pay to join recovery efforts down here.
He's bringing his 18' Jon Boat with a 18hp mud motor setup, should do real well transversing all the shit down here. Since I don't have any work to go to right now I'm hooking up with him and and one of his coworkers and we're going to go see what we can do to help.
Shitty thing is having to even go armed now because of all the looters and shit taking advantage of the situation.

Germany. I'm a social recluse.

Yeah for real
>Not casting a walk on water spell
>Being a total newb

From San Antonio here just heavy rain some lightly flooded streets but no damage like houstonbros.

We hauled my buddy's mud run setup jeep that isnt road legal down. It's lifted on boggers, high enough even in the worst parts the water does hit the floor.
We were giving rides out of flooded areas for 2 hours then a state trooper stopped us as we dropped off a family at a shelter and gave us a ticket for no registration or anything and followed us to the truck and trailer and made us load it up.

Bunch of bullshit if you ask me. It was only a $140 ticket but completely fucked when you drove that far just to help people especially with how dangerous it can be once you're down in the flooded city.

No laws hold in disaster zones. Shoulda pulled your piece, Texan. The death of one is nothing to help many.

The Gov of Texas just passed a new law that protects insurance companies in lawsuits. Just sayin.

Pooinited sharts of shartmerica btfo

What a fuckin jack ass.

File your claim before Sept 1st! It changes thx to Gov Abott. Srsly, dude.

but you just described everywhere

"I'm not sure that was water..."
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Src9gL5JHmE

We raping bitches out here. All these submerged hoes. My nigga is been christmas. On set Ill fuck up any nigga who look at me wrong. Body that nigga an blame it on the hurrcane. Punk ass niggas get schlept.

>get schlept.
Oh vey. Someone juuust lost their street cred.

Post your location nigga,

>AMERICANS DIE FROM A FEW FUCKING PUDDLES

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

North Austin, Tx. Sunny and drying. The lake is full again. My hometown, however, is probably done.

Amerisharts*

Lets box hoe. Austin niggas get spurred

>get schlept
Which style of boxing do you observe? Hasidic, New Reform, or Orthodox?

Bump

>pick-ups

>unable to climb a puny grass hill

This is the ultimate state of american cars.

Mano a mano my nigga. Ionfuck with that chinese shit

where to cop carfloatbag?

>then a state trooper stopped us as we dropped off a family at a shelter and gave us a ticket for no registration
They have to make their quotas somehow.

>Implying most pickups aren't shitty 2wd notraction dadcars these days.

>Mano a mano
>get schlept
But you're Ok with Spanish and Yiddish slang? Ok.

Protectin & Servin & shit

Wtf is yiddish bitch. Post up pussy, why you scared to get decked n drowned

my mom lost her car to the floods but she wasn't driving it. 90% her fault.

parked all my cars higher up and unfortunately one got a significant amount of water in the trunk and backseat. It was one the side of the street that gets really bad and the sorta 'low spot' of my driveway. removing what I can to spray it down to prevent mold. Air drying it right now and got plans to water vacuum and put down stuff like kitty litter in a sock. Shitbox was fine and got the usual leaks in trunk water

That's what "schlept" is; Yiddish slang. I'm assuming ur LARPing or this is some form of time killing at ur IT job? Cuz I'm an old fucker who doesn't scare easy and if you want the fight brought to you, I can do that. Do you want your head ripped off and have me shit down ur neck? Cuz that can happen.

>not just drinking the water

retards

I forgot you white boys cant keep up with niggas terminology. I got hoes at uta, be there tonight old nigga

Two of my friends that live in bellaire had to be saved. The rest of my friends were stranded by floods but didn't have any flooding in their homes. Where I am in Sugar Land, water didn't even pool in the streets.
I'm feeling good because today I finally got to pick up a rifle I bought online that was stuck with the FFL during the whole storm.
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1504131094788.webm

>niggas terminology.
That's been old school Jewish before my dad's dad. I'll make this easy for you; meet me at 211 W 4th street tonight. You pick the time. I'll be the dude with the shaved head in the black T-shirt. Look forward to it.

test

>amerigniggers absolutely cannot take criticism and ban me for calling them out on their shit

THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF POOMERICANS AHAHAHAHAA

AMERISHARTS LITERALLY COMMITTING SUICIDE BECAUSE OF A LITTLE RAIN!!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHA
>captcha: commune rain

Boi do not tell me you done shaved your head to look hard hell nah nigga you dead

Id totally pop that bag.

I have shaved it every week for the last 20yrs. Why you gettin caught up in haircuts? Time? Pick a time.

>ameriniggers cant even swim
>to dumb to just drink the water before they drown

GAHAAHAHAGAHAGA

10 bitch

We'll see who the bitch is

already filed yesterday. Good to go.
I'll come out on top actually, i got my house for 88k and its insured for 130k.
I was thinking about selling and moving to be back closer to home near Raleigh, NC. the extra I'll get after my payoff will help make it all possible.

But most people wont be near that lucky. Most houston people never considered flood insurance a near necessity. Im right next to a consistently flooding bayou with being in Port Arthur. We have a lot of flash floods with heavy rain here although we have flood walls and levis that stop most of it. Usually its the same 3-4 streets that get flash flooded but most people here keep flood insurance and some banks require it like mine.

you're the one in the back row.
This is literally the high point of your day.
I just relish in your eternal virginity and the fact that you will never accomplish anything.
Autistic NEET basement dwellers are so easy to spot

You should have pulled out your phone and asked how he'd like to be on the nightly news. If there was video of a trooper giving out tickets while everyone else is helping evacuate that would be a pretty good story. Everyone else is using boats, jetskis in Houston for crying out loud lol.

Nissan versa
Captcha related

me on the right

In the past I have dried out cars by cracking the windows, turning the heat up and a/c on (warm dry air) and turn the fan all the way up. 5 hours like that, just leave it running.

jokes on you im in the attic not the basement

AMERISHART EDUCASHIN

Texas got the hurricane that dumped the most water ever recorded in North American history. So far less than 50 deaths and everything is relatively going all right.

Meanwhile Niggerville, LA lost thousands and the place still hasn't been completely rebuilt.

>50 retards have drowned from falling face first in a tiny 2 inch high puddle of water

FUCKING AMERICANS AHAHAHAHAHHAHAA

i live in la, it's shit, full if niggers especially in new orleans. Fuck em who cares

>t. African american

Not like you weren't warned or anything about this

Nice

got about 80% out of the trunk and back seat area. just the back carpet section has some water. I'mma use a dehumidifier overnight a few times

currently just sitting airing out some more. water vacuum easily took out a few gallons

Bitch ass mark where you at

My truck is sitting in 3 feet of water. Still runs fine.
My porsche is camping on jackstands.