Found a nicely priced BRZ Limited. I'm thinking about purchasing for a fun daily

Found a nicely priced BRZ Limited. I'm thinking about purchasing for a fun daily.

Anything I should know before purchase? Anything I should check out?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oklqJnm7_TY
linkedin.com/in/jason-fenske-71024184
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

what is "nicely priced"? and what year is it?

>anything I should know before purchasing it?
knowing these cars and their typical owner, the piston seals are fucked because the driver didn't baby the car for the first 1500 miles like the manual recommends. He probably drove the shit out of it and red lined it every day. Slamshifted and everything awful to hurt the tranny and he's throwing his problems to you for a "good price"

>buying a car with a shitty boxer engine
kys

samefag

>piston seals
You mean piston rings?

Samefag

yea it was me. stupid typo

>You mean piston rings?
No, piston seals unless piston seals and rings are synonymous. The seal the pistons make against the inside of the cylinder

get the fuck out of here. rings seal better if you break them in hard when the cyls still have a sharp hone.
you baby the cams to break them in especially in the old days.

this is like folklore with you people. god just ask a machine shop

>rings seal better if you break them in hard when the cyls still have a sharp hone.
No they don't

youtube.com/watch?v=oklqJnm7_TY

The manufacturer's engineers recommend to gently break in the car for the first thousand or so miles at a RPM's not above 4k or there about.

They wouldn't recommend this if the science didn't back it

saying "breaking them in faster by hooning it" is literally your retarded folklore

Sort of, a piston seal would be a rubber type seal for a pneumatic or hydraulic piston, like for a syringe. That wouldn't stand up to the stress and heat of an internal combustion engine, so piston rings are cast iron.

>found a nicely priced BRZ Limited.
>doesn't include price in post

retarded?

Just make sure it has service records done on time and doesn't have any hidden damage underneath the car, should still have powertrain warranty. Is it stock or modded? How many miles?

>engineering explained
brb killing myself

>rings seal better if you break them in hard

>an expert of car internal mechanics as a source
>WOW FUCKIN KYS IM RIGHT BECAUSE I SAID SO

$17k, 25,000 miles for those who are asking.

what year?

>expert on car internal mechanics

linkedin.com/in/jason-fenske-71024184

He has an application engineering and worked as an engineer for power train development so yea I'd call him an expert

Would not buy.
Face it OP, just save up the money for a bigger down payment

leave him alone you fucking weirdo

*a degree in Mechanical engineering and worked as an application engineer my bad

>google who is Engineering Explained
>find a name from an interview
>google name
>wow heres his publicly available linkedin!

I'm going to be doing my own financing. I'd pretty much just bring a check to the dealership.

My credit score and income don't really require the standard dealership games.

They probably won't take your check you'll have to get a cashier's check from a bank.

Get a 2014 at the minimum. 2013s had too many first year issues.

It's not worth the minimal savings.

what kind of retard buys a 4 cylinder car?

>Implying you could ever safely reach the limits of a z06 on public roads without risking prison time.

Some people like to drive the shit out of their cars on a daily basis.

What anime is this

Yu yu hakashu

Seems like too good a deal, might be salvage title
Not really any difference from 2013-14

Sorry man, but it's meme juice. Don't drink it.

t.neverevensatinsideofabrz

Many early issues from the 2013s were addressed by the 2014 model.

Taillight leaking fixed
Coil pack issue fixed
Leaking cam gasket fixed
Upgraded chassis bolts
Better interior pieces

Like I said, it's worth the small increase in price to not buy a first year model of any brand new car.

Except 2014+ still had leaky taillights, they warranty wit no questions reguardless. I don't like the extra shiny plastic silver bits, I prefer the solid black interior with minimal silver. Never heard of coil pack or leaking cam gaskets and I've done plenty of research before buying mine. Upgraded chassis bolts I didn't hear of but doubt it'd be significant difference, but who knows

All BRZs had silver interior bits. The 86/frs had the solid black panels. Also all 2014 BRZs came with knee pads IIRC instead of your leg rubbing against the center console.

Go check out the forums, you will see the early issue this car had. Nothing super terrible, but all things that would be free in a 2014 or newer.

I did a lot of research before buying mine too

My 2013 brz came with solid black panels, the knee pads are a plus but easy swap. Main concern was people bringing up DI seals going bad (confirmed by modded BRZ owners) but that's about it at the time I got it

It requires 91 octane. And runs even worse on regular pump gas.

It might return 35MPG's, but you're still paying for more miles per gallon than most other cars on the road.

Why the HECK would you want anything less than 91 on such a car?

It has a 12.5:1 compression ratio, why would you use anything else?

because it's a small shitty NA four cylinder? why the fuck should I have to put premium in it

Number of cylinders has nothing to do with what octane it requires you troglodyte

he's a faggot for buying a crosstrek.

hmmm...

my b, fixed

Because it'll knock you idiot. I don't even know much about cars yet but I know that.

then retard the timing, it's already a slow piece of shit so might as well knock a couple horses off so you can run 87

Jesus how poor are you?

If you can't even afford gas why do you care?

Subaru and you are shit
Sage

>newfag doesn't even know what sage is
Lmao so hard

Why isn't a 86 Shootingbrake even a thing?

you're probably poorer than I am if you think that premium octane gains from a fucking NA engine is worth it

Why would you respond to a supreme level Busrider?

i'd buy it