lancer evolution

> lancer evolution
> couldn't evolve fast enough to survive

> wrx sti
> doesn't give her an sti when she rides it

Other urls found in this thread:

markmitsubishi.com/new/Mitsubishi/2017-Mitsubishi-Mirage-673a03730a0e0ae73e3efc8d1d782f20.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Evo did evolve though, it got better and better until evolution fucked it over and cucked it in its final form.

I'd prefer if my car didn't give my qt3.14 gf an sti when she rides in it. It does however seem to give Mustang owners an sti from the ass fucking it gives them.

Does anyone know why Mitsubishi killed the Evo?

>40k for a racecar suspension and a walmart interior

Basically this, they priced it way to high and nobody wanted to pay the price they were asking
Doesn't help when dealers were marking them up either

>trabant 601
>doesn't have 601 horsepower

>Porsche 911
>didn't call 911 when 911 happened

>honda fit
>weights 1084 kg

> I'd prefer if my car didn't give my qt3.14 gf an sti when she rides in it.

yeah its just false advertising though

>toyota aygo
>doesn't go anywhere fast

But it does go places.
And will continue to do so forever, because it's a tiny basic Toyota shitbox.

>le BMW 2002
>didn't get made in le year 2002

>Ford Fiesta
>Not exactly fun unless it's an ST or RS.

> mr2
> can fit three people

Wat

there's room on the center console

The last gen was slower than the previous gen though. And because it didn't have the same engine as it did for over a decade, less aftermarket. Still love the X though.

>Dude I can totally beat a mustang.
>Of course he knew I was trying to race him and wasn't just minding his business!

It's priceless that a stock GT is the benchmark that people try to reach.

There was no Mitsubishi support base to keep the Evo going. The Evolution ended up being the only Mitsu car that anyone cared about, and the group of people who cared about it was very small. No one over the age of 30 really wanted to keep one for very long - the thing was way too hardcore and hard as fuck to live with. Maintenance was fairly expensive and car was a 2.0L 4 banger that chugged gas like a big block chevy. It was also expensive as fuark to insure.

It was fun for all of a month, too - the ride, lack of space, and craptastic interior would wear people down pretty quick. Basically the only time you enjoyed driving it was either canyon carving, tracking, or being a total dickbag on the streets (none of which is sustainable for most people).

Subaru is different. They managed to find the right cross-section of JDM swaggot TUUURRBBOOOO and outdoorsy middle-class white people. You had whole families that would all have Subaru's - Foresters and Outbacks for the normies, Impreza's for the poorfags, WRX's for the vapers and STI's for the maximum bro's with cash or older Subaru people who have the money and want to get Subaru's halo car.

The Evo was always the better sports car, but the STI had a whole support network under it to keep it going.

Well back in the day STI's really did trash Mustangs... hard. The STI was lighter and was at or close to 300hp forever back during a time when Mustang GT's had like what, 250hp? Most other "special" Mustang's still struggled because of AWD vs RWD on the street - even if the Mustang would've eventually gotten ahead with a HP advantage, it would take too long and the STI is at the next stoplight already.

It's a different story these days. The Mustang GT has a 150HP power advantage and has finally moved on to IRS.

good thing about the sti is it has an ancient engine with ALOT of potential having proper engine builds, not cheap however

>Chevrolet Aveo LS
>Has a 1.4 litre i4

The Evo ten sucked so bad that it's designers and engineers committed harikari on the lawn in front of Mitsubishi HQ

Also the WRX outsold it by a large amount

In both cases, Mitsu now makes nothing but horrible cars and I can't imagine they're far from bankruptcy

The Lancer Ralliart as a detuned version of the Evo X sold rather well according to my Mitsubishi dealer. It was probably the better car in terms of pricing. Was about as as expensive as a Golf GTI and similar cars while outpeforming them all.
After throwing maybe 3.000€ at it for bpu you also had a power output similar to the Evo.

>How do we sell more cars to millenials?
>Isn't there a pocket monster craze over in the states?
>Fuck it, slap a monster on our cars and see if they sell.

markmitsubishi.com/new/Mitsubishi/2017-Mitsubishi-Mirage-673a03730a0e0ae73e3efc8d1d782f20.htm

was the ralliart awd?

yes, it was

>bankruptcy
Mitsubishi just sold off the automotive division of thier company to nissan. They were definitely losing money.

Yeah during the time of the Evo VII and the SN-95, the Evo had the edge over everything except the Cobra. It had about ~20 more HP but the same amount less ft/lb torque on a GT. Once Ford switched to the 3v modular in '05 the GT started to have the leg up.

>Honda Jazz
>Radio plays other music genres

>Lancer Ralliart
It's FWD.

I am wrong, It's AWD.

What was so bad about the Evo X?
There's one at my local track that runs 9's and I fail to see why people on Veeky Forums bitch.

>drives a kia sportage
>too old to play sports

>drives a dodge charger
>doesnt even have a charging port

The Evo started as a WRC car. A small body and low weight are crucial for effective handling, but by the time the X came around, those measurements had creeped too far. Also, Mitsubishi didn't use the 4G63T, even though all prior versions of the car had. As far as I know, the 4B11T wasn't so great. The 4G63 was pretty outdated by the time the X was released, but at least people were familiar with it and the aftermarket was there.

Evo III
>170 inches long
>67 inches wide
>56 inches tall
>2624 lbs curb weight (lightest trim)

Evo VI
>171 inches long
>70 inches wide
>55-56 inches tall
>2778 lbs curb weight (lightest trim)

Evo IX
>177 inches long
>70 inches wide
>57 inches tall
>2888 lbs curb weight (lightest trim)

Evo X
>180 inches long
>71 inches wide
>58 inches tall
>3131 lbs curb weight (lightest trim)

At least the evo actually evolved though
The vapemobile has been putting out the same amount of power for what? 4 gens?
The civic type R is faster now. Why has subaru gotten so complacent with their most popular sports car?

>Why has Subaru gotten so complacent
Because they smell their own farts

The same situation applies for the STI. Prior to 2005 they had an even larger HP gap over GTs, roughly 40. After Ford swapped to the 3v the Mustang would be able to beat em fairly easily, not even talking about GT500s and above. Those were a different level of competition by that time.

>doesnt have a vin nor is powered by diesel fuel
Im onto you Mark Sinclair

> diesel fuel
do you mean petroleum-based compression ignition capable fuel?

I corrected myself, dickwad.