The Honda civic is an amazing car AND is better than your old shitbox, it is impossible to dispute this in any way

The Honda civic is an amazing car AND is better than your old shitbox, it is impossible to dispute this in any way.

>FWD
>can't afford it

my old shitbox is a honda civic

It looks like origami Japanese trash

came here to post this.

You do realize a civic can also be an old shitbox, right?
Also this car was way better in it's shitbox form, unless you're talking about the si trim, then it's arguable.
Also ugly.

is the NA 2.0 in the new civic gud or nah. im not getting a turbo car for a DD

It's Honda so it's probably good. When I went to the local dealer though they only had one NA 2.0 on the lot; everything else was the 1.5.

>not getting a turbo car for a DD
Why? It's powerful enough to be fun and still gets almost 40mpg.

Mazda 6 is a million times better

>honda
>not pre-2000

ed6 hatch here

Early 2000s Honda was fine other than their really down market offerings.

>mfw insurance is double the car payment

>this
I had a 2001 civic ex that I absolutely abused for over 250,000 miles with no problems at all
>those hektik handbrake skids in 2 feet of snow
>oh how I miss that car

I plan on getting the 2018 civic lx hatch 6MT soon. Is this a reliable choice? I've had a shitbox volvo s40 for 3 years now and I'm tired of the expensive repairs/shitty transmission problems its had.

EDIT: I also work at the dealership that i'll be getting the vehicle at.

8th Gen was the last good Civic

I have a 2014 Si

3k civic with a couple of simple mods > 2017 Type-R

Looking for an EX or EX T at the right price. Test drove the EX T 1.5 turbo with my waifu, the turbo is fucking sweet. Personally I hate hondas high revving low torque bullshit, the new civic is the opposite. Globs or low end torque. She thought it was fast, and it surprised me too. I wouldnt pay money for the gay ass 2.0L though.

Coupe was nice bur why hinder yourself with a useless backseat. Going sedan for sure.

Bro seriously stop with meme.
I ownd 3 si from 6, 7, and 8th gen.
8th gen was awesome, they out performed rsx-s with LSD and cheaper price. 9th gen was Honda trying to please you assholes crying about torque. 10th gen si and whole civic line up is best ever.
Go test drive new si and see for your self. Stock for stock mod for mod new gen is new king. Get over it

My 2009 Mazda 6 is better. Checkmate, cuck.

Top of the line 2009 Mazda 6 is worth less than a 2009 Accord base model.

Decade old Mazda 3 is rusted apart when the Civic is on its 4th owner and zero rust.

Zoom zoom blol

it is a pretty good car, its nearly the size of a midsize car, isn't a hybrid or a diesel, doesn't require premium unless you get the turbo, and still gets 40mpg on the highway. it'd be even more perfect if it came in a wagon variant

not to mention its fucking awesome for roadtrips, which is why there should be a wagon variant, that way people can bring their camping shit or dogs or dead bodies

I already have a Civic coupe though

But my old shitbox IS a honda civic

The turbo 1.5 is better

The hatches all come with the turbo engines right? Should be a solid daily driver

No it isn't. Watch me destroy your argument with one word.

Depreciation.

That's the new Mustang though

Pointless if you plan on keeping your car for a while

>bus passes don't depreciate, therefore buses are the ultimate form of transportation

SLOWER THAN A JZX100
XD

and 120 hours in paint the civic coupe can be made into a modern crx

How much would it take to unrice the new R?

The turbo doesn't need premium, though you could use it if you really want that extra 2hp

Almost the cost of another base model Civic, and you'll end up with a car starving for air, overheating, and with shit aerodynamics

121 hours in paint

It's a pretty good car, but it's like £25-40K. Basically every 2016 and up £25K+ new car is going to be pretty good.

Dunno bro, my bus pass for August seems to have depreciated recently.

But user, I have a slightly older Civic. Why would I waste money on a new one, even if it is nice AF.

Also, NA>Turbo

Don't know how it is there, but here you can order the car in a trim and have it made and delivered for you.

It's good, but it had some issues around launch. They should be sorted out by now. The 1.5T is great from what I hear, and can run 87. Synthetic oil is mandatory tho

Except I will dispute this. The Civic is no better or worse than a Cruze. It's just different looking. It's like the Focus and the Forte, 1s only slightly better than the other.

Haha what, the Cruze has a fucking disgusting interior. Hollow thin plastics everywhere and $20 futon material for the seats.

Except my Focus cost $13k when I got it, and now its worth maybe $5k cause Ford reputation. Kia Rio has better resale value. You can buy a Cruze, Ill try a Jap box. Pretty sure the Hondo will be worth more come the day we sell it. Id rather come up with more money in the future. I like how the Cruze hatches look, although a little boring/ reserved... Diesel would be sweet.

Didn't really feel too different from the Focus I was in a few weeks ago. Maybe it's just yank stuff.

Its perfect as is
Dont do it!

While Synthetic oil costs more, it has longer intervals. A lot of newer cars have $100 oil changes every 10,000 miles instead of $30 oil changes every 3,000. Its convenient too.

can honda give us gold badges again and dark green cars?

nothing said you made it in the 90s like a dark green or black accord with gold badges

There's like no reason to not use synthetic when there's always jugs on sale for $20-25

Hahaahha

Having driven a Cruze and a Prius for my driver's course, I'd gladly take the Prius any day. The Cruze is an abysmal car. Wouldn't go anywhere near red line (auto, obviously), had the cheapest interior I've ever seen (and I owned a 95 Civic), and steering wheel was a plastic piece of dead shit.

The Prius was way better. A. Fucking. Prius

What year is your focus? My 09 Civic was worth 10k last year before being butt fucked by a hail storm. Still worth at least 4k, and with 125k I'm on it.

Also, if you want to keep value, gotta get work done at the dealership

I use synthetic in mine as well. I get a small discount on it from work, but I still change it every 8000km. Better safe than sorry (winters are harsh here, so it makes sense to do so)

Yet hondas are like the top cars that barely decrease in value, dumbshit.